Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430893 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #3956: Jan 17, 2023 03:46:43 am
      What Klopp said about any parallel drawn between now and the end of his time at Dortmund (spoiler alert: HE'S STAYING AT LIVERPOOL):

Klopp confirmed there would be changes and that he would not be going anywhere.

“When I left Dortmund I said: ‘Something has to change here.’ It was a different situation there but in a way it’s similar – either I go, the manager position changes, or a lot of other things change. As far as I know, from what I hear, I will not go. So that means maybe there’s a point where we have to change other stuff. And we will see that. But it’s something for the future, like in the summer, but not now.

“We cannot even think about it right now. We have to play better football now. We cannot play and say: ‘These are problems but next season we don’t have them any more.’ That is really long away. Until then we stick together and we fight. If we lose, we lose, but in a way that we can accept and not: ‘How could that happen?’

“I said Brighton were exceptional but in some moments it was too easy for them. That is why I would like to go through to see them again [in the FA Cup fourth round] and make it more difficult.”
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3957: Jan 17, 2023 06:57:02 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3958: Jan 17, 2023 09:34:31 am
      On here I wouldn't say some, it's mostly one with the ironic username!!

Social media wise it's the spoilt armchair fans and the want it all now generation cryarsing.

You have to remember HR those that hide  behind  a pseudonym haven’t got the balls to tell you to your face but will behind a desktop  ;D They make anything up just for the sake of it and will try wumming you and many others up. Think your bit old in the tooth though to fall for that one.  ;D

There’s plenty on here but it’s knowing how to handle them, hell there’s one on here that goes round the houses just for a argument and even the yanks have sussed him out.  :lmao:

I’ve always given respect more to those I know ( even though they always use expletives  : ) because there genuine/fans.

Left to me all users would have to show identity but you’ll probably just end up talking to your self   ;D and me of course.

Ps.. your Mancunian friend.  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2023 06:45:24 pm by Keith Singleton »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,974 posts | 666 
      Reply #3959: Jan 17, 2023 10:27:49 am
      But even last season the signs were appearing. Salah lost his form just after the new year and we seemed to go a goal down every game but back then we managed to claw it back. Now we don’t.

It’s not much that needs changing imo. We nearly won the quadruple last season and a few midfielders and I think we can start to dominate games again.

Midfield is key to our system. If that fails the defence looks vulnerable and the strikers get no support. More so than other teams because of our high press.

Getting new the right midfielders is key. They have to stay fit and have an engine. Melo and keita and ox are the opposite of what we need. We basically need mascherano and alonso. Finding them at the right price is the tricky part.
      There is broad agreement that midfield is the main area of concern, that is clear. We talk about the players lacking energy, an inability to run, all physicality basically absent. But we also see laziness, lack of concentration, how else can you explain not being able to make a 10 foot pass to a teammate? The players have to be sharper, and stop giving the ball away so cheaply. This mental application has been off for too long for too many of them, and this we can't put down to age.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3960: Jan 17, 2023 10:38:34 am
      Klopp is the man to fix this. Just might take a wee bit longer than himself & we had all hoped.

ps. I never even read that tweet before typing this. l o l
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #3961: Jan 17, 2023 01:02:20 pm
      At least Jürgen Klopp is pointing in the right direction, it will be a slow and painful process, rebuilding the side, due to lack of funding from FSG. Patience from the fans will be required.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #3962: Jan 17, 2023 01:08:21 pm

Now it's all a matter of months before change is mooted in a whirlwind of sh*te created by the media, picked up and spread online. That's not how we do things. Jürgen has tried to do the right thing, it hasn't worked, he deserves a chance to fix it. F*ck me if you caught me after the title win I would have said he could stay indefinitely and even if we were to play in the Europa League for five years in a row his credit would probably take him that far. Don't literally mean that but I'm a lot closer to that than thinking his time here is done because some knobhead draws a purely coincidental parallel with his last season at Dortmund.

As long as the current owners are in situ and the sell to buy policy is enforced how can anything change?
      Getting shut of the market players cannot be achieved overnight nor can the instillation of new owners so possibly Jürgen is second guessing when he refers to 'months'.
      « Last Edit: Jan 17, 2023 02:03:37 pm by stuey »
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,974 posts | 666 
      Reply #3963: Jan 17, 2023 03:47:26 pm
      As long as the current owners are in situ and the sell to buy policy is enforced how can anything change?
      Getting shut of the market players cannot be achieved overnight nor can the instillation of new owners so possibly Jürgen is second guessing when he refers to 'months'.
      Seems to me there are 2, maybe 3 areas where a degree of change is possible without dipping into the market. First is obvious, get the long term injured back, sadly there is no way to rush this process, so one by one they will filter back into the team as and when. Second area for a potential upturn would be if the players worked harder and cut out the self inflicted mistakes...they need to concentrate on what they're trying to do, stay focused for 90 minutes.... There is also a third area which involves a change in tactics, perhaps drop the high line for a while?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3964: Jan 17, 2023 04:02:48 pm
      YUP.

Changes that can and will happen....

1) Returning Injured players
      2) Tweak the system (more solid)
      3) Cut out the stupid mistakes
      4) Transfers
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3965: Jan 17, 2023 05:29:46 pm
      When we talk about "tweaking the system," well I understand where this is coming from because we see things on the pitch we are not used to seeing with Jürgen's teams (like other teams connecting a string of passes rather easily to create chances).

But the system that has brought us so much joy over the past 6-7 years is only as good as the 11 players who play their roles properly. The forwards with their pressing, the fullbacks bombing forward and provding service, the midfielders supporting the press and covering for the fullbacks, the center backs and keeper dealing with counters and providing quality distribution (along with the goalkeeper) once the ball is won, and the forwards making magic in the transition after we get possession. All these and various roles within particular situations - everyone has a role.

When one area fails to do its part, it has a negative impact on all the others, and there's a critical mass reached when that negative impact is just too much. Thankfully we've not seen it get this bad for the  most part, but it seems the team has been allowed to reach a point where too many players who are supposed to perform roles either can't or aren't doing their part - and the players who are supposed to restore the required standard are either injured or not yet ready to play at that level (and possibly with some, not actually good enough to do it).

So to say the system needs tweaking can only be a short term fix. Jürgen can make us the best in the world again when he has a team of players that can play with the commitment and quality required to do his bidding.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #3966: Jan 19, 2023 12:06:44 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Robbie Keane bought by Rick Parry, instead of buying the player Rafa wanted!!

And Xabi Alonso who had to be sold to pay off the £30 million amount that was servicing the loan taken out by G & H. He was sold, because there would of been a riot had Gerrard or Torres been sold. He was the only saleable asset that would of brought in £30 million apart from Nando and Gerrard.

If you gonna spin yarns, at least make them believable

I'll believe all that nonsense when I accept that the ball never crossed the line in the semi final. Which is probably never.

Alonso was put on the transfer list at the first window after that match. It was only a long term injury to someone else in pre season, that took him off the list. Keane was sent packing at the first opportunity, and the fairytale was put out there that it was all Rick Parry's fault, for why Rafa dropped and discarded him of his own accord. No other manager in this club has ever absolved himself of all responsibility over a transfer, but to you this one was different. Well you believe it if you must, but I won't. Obviously, we didn't win the league then either.

When Torres was sold, there was no riot, probably never would have been either. He was just booed at every opportunity until he went to Milan.

Nunez is lucky that Jürgen is his current manager, who is prepared to spend time training him, coaching him, and let him settle into a new team and a new style, rather than ditching him asap. It took Fabinho 6 months to settle here, same with Robbo. Rafa wouldn't have given them half as long.

For all the talk of who we need to get and who needs to go, Klopp is clearly getting more and more agitated about it. He's never liked having to sign new players, he would rather make do with what he has given the choice. Especially at this time of year.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3967: Jan 19, 2023 06:18:43 pm
      I'll believe all that nonsense when I accept that the ball never crossed the line in the semi final. Which is probably never.

Alonso was put on the transfer list at the first window after that match. It was only a long term injury to someone else in pre season, that took him off the list. Keane was sent packing at the first opportunity, and the fairytale was put out there that it was all Rick Parry's fault, for why Rafa dropped and discarded him of his own accord. No other manager in this club has ever absolved himself of all responsibility over a transfer, but to you this one was different. Well you believe it if you must, but I won't. Obviously, we didn't win the league then either.

When Torres was sold, there was no riot, probably never would have been either. He was just booed at every opportunity until he went to Milan.

Nunez is lucky that Jürgen is his current manager, who is prepared to spend time training him, coaching him, and let him settle into a new team and a new style, rather than ditching him asap. It took Fabinho 6 months to settle here, same with Robbo. Rafa wouldn't have given them half as long.

For all the talk of who we need to get and who needs to go, Klopp is clearly getting more and more agitated about it. He's never liked having to sign new players, he would rather make do with what he has given the choice. Especially at this time of year.

Alonso and Mascherano were sold to pay off the debt servicing the loan secured by G & H.

Keane was sold because he didn't fit Rafa's system. I would of sold the little pr**k after that F***ing sh*t miss in the Champions League when he tried to be a smart arse against Atletico.

You're argument is because you hate Rafa, mine is because I thought our ex-ownets were carpet-bagging cu*ts.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #3968: Jan 19, 2023 07:11:10 pm
      The 5 year battle with city is taking its toll. They are suffering as well.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3969: Jan 20, 2023 03:21:36 pm
      Not sure if people have saw Peps interview after the Spurs game but everything he said feels like it applies to how Klopp must be feeling. No passion or fire from the players and his team looks unrecognisable because the last 4/5 years everything has been good, we have got comfortable.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3970: Jan 20, 2023 03:29:58 pm
      Not sure if people have saw Peps interview after the Spurs game but everything he said feels like it applies to how Klopp must be feeling. No passion or fire from the players and his team looks unrecognisable because the last 4/5 years everything has been good, we have got comfortable.

Just typical that as they fall off following years of pushing players to the limit that the Liverpool fall off has been worse.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3971: Jan 20, 2023 08:55:22 pm
      Just typical that as they fall off following years of pushing players to the limit that the Liverpool fall off has been worse.

Because we've had less players of quality to share the workload. City have such a big squad, their players individually, probably put in about half what ours have.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3972: Jan 20, 2023 10:28:36 pm
      Because we've had less players of quality to share the workload. City have such a big squad, their players individually, probably put in about half what ours have.

Ah I know. The benefits of have two 50 million players for each position. Even that ridiculous squad hit a wall.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #3973: Jan 21, 2023 08:57:54 am
      Milner, Keita, Firmino possible extensions  :lmao: and our tier 1s are claiming massive summer clear out  ???
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #3974: Jan 21, 2023 09:50:57 am

A good point.

The difference between the two clubs is that the vast  majority of Liverpool fans accept that we will have some periods of poor form and continue to support the team and manager. There are obviously a few noisy exceptions from glory hunters.

Pep also criticised the fans. I didn't see the game but I think City, with 4 league championships and 90 or 100 point seasons got booed by their fans. Incredibly short memories in that stadium.

I hope it's a long time before we see that from Liverpool fans. Obviously, people have a right to criticise a crap team and we've seen some of that in the last 32 years but Liverpool and City are a long way from being bad teams.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3975: Jan 21, 2023 10:07:30 am
      Milner, Keita, Firmino possible extensions  :lmao: and our tier 1s are claiming massive summer clear out  ???

Wtf is a tier 1?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3976: Jan 21, 2023 10:08:59 am
      Alonso and Mascherano were sold to pay off the debt servicing the loan secured by G & H.

Keane was sold because he didn't fit Rafa's system. I would of sold the little pr**k after that f**king sh*t miss in the Champions League when he tried to be a smart arse against Atletico.

You're argument is because you hate Rafa, mine is because I thought our ex-ownets were carpet-bagging cu*ts.

Worst owners ever.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3977: Jan 21, 2023 07:45:01 pm
      Get the feeling watching this, Big Jurg is telling Gerrard what's what

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1616763714199224328?s=19

Basically he's not going anywhere, anytime soon
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #3978: Jan 23, 2023 01:20:43 pm
      Is our whole club paralysed or something.....every other club is signing players, we have 5 first teamers injured and we are doing nothing. Seriously wtf is going on?

Quick Reply