Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430677 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4393: Mar 04, 2023 10:28:50 pm
      Interesting editorial in Today's Guardian (Can be read online ) by Jonathan Wilson with an overview of our current situation.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4394: Mar 04, 2023 10:38:55 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/mar/04/the-aura-has-gone-but-can-Jürgen-klopp-summon-another-great-age-at-liverpool?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Not sure if this link will work for all.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #4395: Mar 05, 2023 07:05:27 pm
      Jürgen Norbert Klopp, I F***ing love you.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #4396: Mar 05, 2023 11:15:11 pm
      Thought he was gonna fist pump the kop after the game tonight, I think they were dissapointed he didn't, he got the tactics spot on tonight though, well done Jürgen ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4397: Mar 06, 2023 12:16:11 am
      Thought he was gonna fist pump the kop after the game tonight, I think they were dissapointed he didn't, he got the tactics spot on tonight though, well done Jürgen ;D

I knew he wouldn’t Cas, keeping his powder dry for a more worthy win, seems strange to say that but keeping his decorum after battering his/our main rivals will give him extra kudos imo, we fans of course would love nothing more than for him to rub their faces in it, but it’s different for Jürgen, his players and all associated with match day shenanigans, on a professional level it wouldn’t look good knowing the season we’ve had/having, now had we been top of the pile or simply being in contention I think he might have given it plenty,

can you imagine the headlines, especially from the red top rags, Cnuts would have a field day ripping into Jürgen, Don’t Feed The Trolls Cas !!!

Hope over Fear  !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #4398: Mar 06, 2023 05:24:44 pm

I knew he wouldn’t Cas, keeping his powder dry for a more worthy win, seems strange to say that but keeping his decorum after battering his/our main rivals will give him extra kudos imo, we fans of course would love nothing more than for him to rub their faces in it, but it’s different for Jürgen, his players and all associated with match day shenanigans, on a professional level it wouldn’t look good knowing the season we’ve had/having, now had we been top of the pile or simply being in contention I think he might have given it plenty,

can you imagine the headlines, especially from the red top rags, Cnuts would have a field day ripping into Jürgen, Don’t Feed The Trolls Cas !!!

Y  N  W  A

This is very true actually Billy. I was getting a bit carried away with my celebrations  ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #4399: Mar 11, 2023 03:14:52 pm
      Really needs to pack in this fixation with Elliot in midfield when it’s going to be a battle in there.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #4400: Mar 11, 2023 05:31:38 pm

Thing is, I love Klopp, probably only kenny is above him in my list of favourite lfc managers. Both have that contagious smile and charisma.

But Klopp, right now, should be doing much better with the players at his disposal.

Our defence looks shaky and our midfield often fails to lay a punch in games and our strikers are either starved of service or can’t score to save their lives.
      Klopp seems to have no plan B right now. The system isn’t working. Even with the recent clean sheets we were conceding chances and today Bournemouth could have scored more. These are sub par teams we are struggling against.

When we are good we are very, very good, but like the girl who had that little curl, when we are bad we are horrid.

I think Klopp should be doing better right now. I’m also not convinced that a couple or midfielders will fix our issues.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4401: Mar 11, 2023 06:20:40 pm
      Thing is, I love Klopp, probably only kenny is above him in my list of favourite lfc managers. Both have that contagious smile and charisma.

But Klopp, right now, should be doing much better with the players at his disposal.

Our defence looks shaky and our midfield often fails to lay a punch in games and our strikers are either starved of service or can’t score to save their lives.
      Klopp seems to have no plan B right now. The system isn’t working. Even with the recent clean sheets we were conceding chances and today Bournemouth could have scored more. These are sub par teams we are struggling against.

When we are good we are very, very good, but like the girl who had that little curl, when we are bad we are horrid.

I think Klopp should be doing better right now. I’m also not convinced that a couple or midfielders will fix our issues.

I don’t see it your way Bob, basically ( in general) the squad is now a spent force. What Klopp did with it over the last few years it’s hard to believe a manager could replicate it for me. I honestly don’t think it Klopp, his tools are out of date and with his best players (( Salah-VVD-TAA )) being out of form for a variety of reasons it’s always going to have a adverse effect on the team.

It’s true when you’re good your very good but this season obviously a nightmare, and  yes two new midfielders won’t be enough to turn things around.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4402: Mar 11, 2023 06:52:33 pm
      Think it's fair enough to question the starting midfield and subs. Don't think we got those right today.

But even still, how do you go from thrashing a top4 side 7-0, then loose to relegation candidates next match, and not score once!

And if VVD or Mo convert, you feel we'd have gone on to win - two top players just not doing it on the day. And we seem fragile - once we go behind, the belief seems to leak away.

Bit of a lost season this.
      Need to get transfers right this summer, after not doing enough for too long.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #4403: Mar 11, 2023 09:38:14 pm
      I don’t see it your way Bob, basically ( in general) the squad is now a spent force. What Klopp did with it over the last few years it’s hard to believe a manager could replicate it for me. I honestly don’t think it Klopp, his tools are out of date and with his best players (( Salah-VVD-TAA )) being out of form for a variety of reasons it’s always going to have a adverse effect on the team.

It’s true when you’re good your very good but this season obviously a nightmare, and  yes two new midfielders won’t be enough to turn things around.

Maybe…. But he has better players to pick from than the other clubs around us.
      You also have to ask why 29 year olds are now a ‘spent force’.
      It’s obvious that teams know we play such a high line than one ball over the top leaves us exposed over and over again.
      It’s clear that TAA can’t defend.

The fact that even when we keep a clean sheet it’s more down to the fact that the opposition didn’t take one of their golden chances suggests that the team can’t defend as a unit.
      The midfield clearly could do with a few upgrades but you work with what you have.

I think a lot of our problems atm are tactical. The same thing happens against us week in week out. It’s like Groundhog Day.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4404: Mar 12, 2023 02:52:58 pm

Bill and Bob for me!

They're the pinnacle of Liverpool managers. To me it will always be Shankly. He was treated like the Messiah.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #4405: Mar 12, 2023 03:05:13 pm
      Lost more games (12).to teams in relegation zone than in Champions league places (10).doesn't add up either attitude or arrogance in abundance or Klopp has issues against teams that sit back
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4406: Mar 12, 2023 04:14:54 pm
      Lost more games (12).to teams in relegation zone than in Champions league places (10).doesn't add up either attitude or arrogance in abundance or Klopp has issues against teams that sit back

It's playing against a low block team.
      Always has been.
      You can't high press a team that lets you have the ball and stays compact,
      waiting to hit you on the counter attack.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #4407: Mar 12, 2023 05:42:03 pm
      JK has been as hard to predict this season as our boys. His man management thisnseason seems to be off and just slightly out of touch. I support whatever he does with Carvalho, as I don't know what happens in practice and behind closed doors. However, putting him on for 5 minutes in that game yesterday was wierd. Putting a lad with no confidence on in that game, with that team, can't give him anything positive to take with him.

Wins against City, Tottenham, United and 2 against Castle. Zero goals on the road against Everton, Palace, Forest, Wolves, and Bournemouth. Unprofessional from team and staff
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2023 06:27:41 pm by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #4408: Mar 12, 2023 06:33:31 pm
      It's playing against a low block team.
      Always has been.
      You can't high press a team that lets you have the ball and stays compact,
      waiting to hit you on the counter attack.

Yeh I know what a block team is . Point is why we struggle and cannot adapt tactics or personel
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4409: Mar 12, 2023 08:42:54 pm
      I think Jürgen and the coaching team need to have a real rethink going into next season if they haven't already.

I'm hoping they what were doing this season, that's looks very messy most of the time, is to implement things for next season but most of the time I'm not convinced.

This season we look a poorly coached side that is our of ideas a little adde into a team full of players that are mentally exhausted as well.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #4410: Mar 13, 2023 08:59:54 pm
      Quote from billythered

Y  N  W  A

The manc manager forces his team to sit there and take in our celebrations, yet our manager can't celebrate as he wants, in front of our own fans in our own stand in our own ground, in case the press don't like it. So what? Surely the mancs had switched off air by that stage, or better still, wandered out of the ground by then. And even if they didn't, I'm sure they had enough issues to be concerned about than whether Jürgen celebrates our biggest win against them in history, or not. Celebrating what we have achieved should not be taken as disrespecting the opposition.
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2023 09:06:02 pm by lfc across the water »
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #4411: Mar 13, 2023 09:06:06 pm
      Yeh I know what a block team is . Point is why we struggle and cannot adapt tactics or personel

Klopp has tried to vary the tactics against low block teams, bringing in Thiago is the most obvious example. Midfield injuries have reduced our creativity, as well as work rate.

Maybe adding Gakpo and Darwin, who might be better attacking crosses is another attempt to resolve this problem.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #4412: Mar 13, 2023 09:34:57 pm
      The low block, the high block, the fair-to-middling block, the double pivot blockety block, the gegenpress, the rock and roll razzle dazzle I'm gonna get you here I come press/block. I'm not 100% persuaded these are new concepts or just new ways of expressing the same practices that to varying degrees teams have adopted for a very long time.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #4413: Mar 13, 2023 10:29:00 pm
      Klopp has tried to vary the tactics against low block teams, bringing in Thiago is the most obvious example. Midfield injuries have reduced our creativity, as well as work rate.

Maybe adding Gakpo and Darwin, who might be better attacking crosses is another attempt to resolve this problem.

Thiago has never really been big on assists though . Must admit when we signed Nunez I expected us to go a little more direct and be getting in some.crosses just hasn't happened much and with him out left also
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4414: Mar 14, 2023 07:49:54 am
      The manc manager forces his team to sit there and take in our celebrations, yet our manager can't celebrate as he wants, in front of our own fans in our own stand in our own ground, in case the press don't like it. So what? Surely the mancs had switched off air by that stage, or better still, wandered out of the ground by then. And even if they didn't, I'm sure they had enough issues to be concerned about than whether Jürgen celebrates our biggest win against them in history, or not. Celebrating what we have achieved should not be taken as disrespecting the opposition.

Don’t think Jürgen was too bothered either way, but he’s well aware how toxic the media are, he’s also aware just how sh*te we have been this season compared the last 5, whether the Mancs stood there and watched or not isn’t the issue, they are professionals and wouldn’t be too bothered either,

However, the toxic media would be, sharpening their knives ready to stab Jürgen in the back, Jürgen doing fist pumps would be right up their street, knowing a defeat like that against B’Mouth the very next game, giving them the sensational headlines they crave, you know what their like, anything that allows them to stick the knives in, and Jürgen fist pumping would be like taking candy from a baby.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #4415: Mar 15, 2023 10:24:16 pm
      Has had a terrible season tactically and no matter what he has tried has not really worked.

Summed up tonight by spending a vast amount on a No9 only to play him out wide most of the season and when we need a win he gets subbed.
      Would love to know the rational for that.
      « Last Edit: Mar 15, 2023 11:33:18 pm by HScRed1 »

Quick Reply