Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430618 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4485: Mar 19, 2023 06:18:02 pm
      Enrique won it all at Barca so did my other mention Zidane at real.
      I said here won a single bundesliga title 3 years prior. Which is correct, I was literally stating he did f**k all in his last few seasons at BVB. Liverpool are following a similar pattern now. You’ve read it out of context.

Zidane wins and takes over ready made teams

Enrique took over a ready made team and had two good seasons and since then nothing , did nothing at Roma

It’s laughable to think either would be suitable for us .

It’s the sort of stuff that someone who plays FIFA would come out with

To even suggest Klopp should go is laughable
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #4486: Mar 19, 2023 06:21:19 pm
      Adore Klopp, looking forward to the rebuild in the summer. He’ll set us on the right path
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #4487: Mar 19, 2023 06:29:03 pm

Zidane wins and takes over ready made teams

Enrique took over a ready made team and had two good seasons and since then nothing , did nothing at Roma

It’s laughable to think either would be suitable for us .

It’s the sort of stuff that someone who plays FIFA would come out with

To even suggest Klopp should go is laughable

Enrique bought half of his starting 11 at Barca. Facts.
      I mean yeh Zidane walked into a winning Madrid team. Hard to argue with that but Madrid are always players. But he can’t argue with what he achieved. To say he couldn’t be a success at another club though, there is absolutely zero to base that off.

For klopp to stay for me he would have to reinvent his style of play because we play so predictable. Like I’ve said previous every team knows the ball over the top kills us. Can’t go on ignoring that fact.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #4488: Mar 19, 2023 06:38:15 pm
      I mean yeh Zidane walked into a winning Madrid team. Hard to argue with that but Madrid are always players. But he can’t argue with what he achieved. To say he couldn’t be a success at another club though, there is absolutely zero to base that off.

For klopp to stay for me he would have to reinvent his style of play because we play so predictable. Like I’ve said previous every team knows the ball over the top kills us. Can’t go on ignoring that fact.

It was a team that had

Pique
      Mascherano
      Xavi
      Iniesta
      Neymar
      Messi
      Alba
      Alves
      Pedro

Brought in Suarez , Rakitic

The rest were in and out

Did well the second season but then 3rd season was poor

He hasn’t done anything worth of note at Spain

He hasn’t ever built a team up , he hasn’t had to rebuild

He has had two good season in his  12 years as manager and they were at Barcelona.

Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #4489: Mar 19, 2023 06:46:06 pm
      Why settle for mediocrity and waste another season.
      Tell me what have any of the new signings done over the past few years? 
      And you want him to spend more in the summer?
      His time is up quite clear to see. Put what ever signings you want in that team and we’d still get done with a ball over the top.
      It’s the tactics that need to change and Klopp simply won’t.

Well fella, it's all about opinions you have yours and I have mine, they differ that is fine it's what makes a forum.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #4490: Mar 19, 2023 06:49:41 pm
      It was a team that had

Pique
      Mascherano
      Xavi
      Iniesta
      Neymar
      Messi
      Alba
      Alves
      Pedro

Brought in Suarez , Rakitic

The rest were in and out

Did well the second season but then 3rd season was poor

He hasn’t done anything worth of note at Spain

He hasn’t ever built a team up , he hasn’t had to rebuild

He has had two good season in his  12 years as manager and they were at Barcelona.

He brought in a lot more than you mention. And he some that you mention sound good on paper but some like Xavi was at the end of his career and was benched a lot in his last season which was Enrique first.

He brought red Stegen, turan, cillisen, Gomes, ulmiti, vermalen, alcacer

2 la liga
      1 champions league
      3 Copa deal rey
      Not a bad return.
      Then Valverde after continued on with another two la ligas after him with most of his signings still playing.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #4491: Mar 19, 2023 06:52:55 pm
      Well fella, it's all about opinions you have yours and I have mine, they differ that is fine it's what makes a forum.

Well saiid. I well and truly agree
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #4492: Mar 19, 2023 06:58:09 pm
      He brought in a lot more than you mention. And he some that you mention sound good on paper but some like Xavi was at the end of his career and was benched a lot in his last season which was Enrique first.

He brought red Stegen, turan, cillisen, Gomes, ulmiti, vermalen, alcacer

2 la liga
      1 champions league
      3 Copa deal rey
      Not a bad return.
      Then Valverde after continued on with another two la ligas after him with most of his signings still playing.

And beyond those wins nothing else 🤷‍♂️

Xavi played 44 games that season

So he also signed some players that didn’t work out
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #4493: Mar 19, 2023 07:03:33 pm
      And beyond those wins nothing else 🤷‍♂️

Xavi played 44 games that season

So he also signed some players that didn’t work out

What more can you do in three seasons? The Madrid team at that time was on fire.
      The players mentioned all won trophies. Xavi made a lot of appearances from the bench including the champions league final if my memory serves me correct.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #4494: Mar 19, 2023 07:10:10 pm
      What more can you do in three seasons? The Madrid team at that time was on fire.
      The players mentioned all won trophies. Xavi made a lot of appearances from the bench including the champions league final if my memory serves me correct.

So what about the other seasons he has been a manager ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4495: Mar 19, 2023 09:10:26 pm
      Every part of that is fact. We haven’t won a major trophy apart from the fa cup (that no team really goes for) in 3 seasons now. Is that not a sign of decline?

You are a clown. There’s no way you actually believe anything you are posting so that means you are certainly a Manc or just some kid here on a wind up. Get lost.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #4496: Mar 19, 2023 09:34:57 pm
      Every part of that is fact. We haven’t won a major trophy apart from the fa cup (that no team really goes for) in 3 seasons now. Is that not a sign of decline?

Mods banhammer on this Manc infiltrator please.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #4497: Mar 20, 2023 07:06:51 am
      So what about the other seasons he has been a manager ?

What he ha one year  at Roma
      Led spain to the semis of the euros lost to the eventual winners on penalties then was knocked out the World Cup on penalties in the last 16.
      Hardly bad performances.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #4498: Mar 20, 2023 08:00:27 am

Problem is with Enrique or pep or whoever else who plays that similar football… we don’t have the players capable of it. Pretty much all of that Barca team can pass in tight situations.

Take away Thiago who is barely fit and none of our midfielders are elite passers. Darwin can barely trap a ball either.

After Klopp we should go for something similar. Otherwise it’s a 5 year plan again.
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #4499: Mar 20, 2023 10:05:09 am
      Problem is with Enrique or pep or whoever else who plays that similar football… we don’t have the players capable of it. Pretty much all of that Barca team can pass in tight situations.

Take away Thiago who is barely fit and none of our midfielders are elite passers. Darwin can barely trap a ball either.

After Klopp we should go for something similar. Otherwise it’s a 5 year plan again.

Yes I think it will be a long plan with our next manager, unless we have a change of ownership.

See currently my belief is that our bad form this season is a mixture of bad signings and are current tactics. I’ve mentioned this previously how teams know how to play against us, it’s so obvious how we play and where we leave space (behind the back four or in the wingback areas) and this is what the problem is with Klopp for me he hast tried to alter this and goes in with the same approach against every team. Thats why we always concede the same goals week in week out, and no one can deny this.

We can’t play through the midfield for the above reasons. Watch next time we play and have possession at the back. We’ll have our wing backs push as high as possible, our centre backs split and make the pitch wide as possible our defensive midfielder (usually Fabinho) drops into the centre back position leavings us with two midfielders to play to in midfield. And this is where teams don’t press high against us, they let us have the ball ant the back and outnumber us in the middle. This is why we lose the ball a lot when playing through the middle. Teams outnumber us and the midfielders of the opposing teams are anticipating the pass to one of our two remaining midfielders that’s why it’s makes such a difference to our team when Firmino dropped deep almost become like a attacking midfielder.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 80 
      Reply #4500: Mar 20, 2023 10:07:48 am
      I really do fear for this club when Klopp calls it time and we're still under the same ownership.

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #4501: Mar 20, 2023 12:55:07 pm
      Yes I think it will be a long plan with our next manager, unless we have a change of ownership.

See currently my belief is that our bad form this season is a mixture of bad signings and are current tactics. I’ve mentioned this previously how teams know how to play against us, it’s so obvious how we play and where we leave space (behind the back four or in the wingback areas) and this is what the problem is with Klopp for me he hast tried to alter this and goes in with the same approach against every team. Thats why we always concede the same goals week in week out, and no one can deny this.

We can’t play through the midfield for the above reasons. Watch next time we play and have possession at the back. We’ll have our wing backs push as high as possible, our centre backs split and make the pitch wide as possible our defensive midfielder (usually Fabinho) drops into the centre back position leavings us with two midfielders to play to in midfield. And this is where teams don’t press high against us, they let us have the ball ant the back and outnumber us in the middle. This is why we lose the ball a lot when playing through the middle. Teams outnumber us and the midfielders of the opposing teams are anticipating the pass to one of our two remaining midfielders that’s why it’s makes such a difference to our team when Firmino dropped deep almost become like a attacking midfielder.

Thing is with these ‘5 year plan’ type projects Is that if they don’t start off well they will probably last 5 months before being sacked.
      For me, we keep Klopp, at least for another season. After that we should look at someone where the transition is less likely to cause issue
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4502: Mar 20, 2023 01:42:55 pm
      You the neighbourhood snitch. Calling on people to be banned because their opinion differs to yours.
      You a very sad man, look at how long you sit on here. Bet your own family are embarrassed for you

I'm calling on you to be banned because you obviously are a previously banned member that's come back under another username (breaking forum rules) just to constantly stir sh*t. I couldn't care less whether your opinion differs from mine. If you say stupid sh*t, I'm going to call you on it.

Yes, my family is so very embarrassed that I'm able to hold down a good job, put food on the table, and also have some time to post on an Internet forum. You've got that one spot on you F***ing muppet. 

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4503: Mar 20, 2023 01:45:10 pm

Get the F**k on Thomas Cashman here!!
      instinct
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 18 
      Reply #4504: Mar 20, 2023 03:14:28 pm
      Thing is with these ‘5 year plan’ type projects Is that if they don’t start off well they will probably last 5 months before being sacked.
      For me, we keep Klopp, at least for another season. After that we should look at someone where the transition is less likely to cause issue

Who would you go for next after klopp?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #4505: Mar 20, 2023 03:53:43 pm
      For once I’m not involved in this foul language and controversy.

Merry Christmas!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4506: Mar 20, 2023 04:00:08 pm
      Quote from UncleBob link=topic=51106.msg2539027#msg2539027  date=1679316907

Think you should sack Klopp now. It will only put you back ten years.  :f_whistle:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4507: Mar 20, 2023 04:04:30 pm
      Steady on sissy, you’re the class clown. Can’t handle a difference of opinion. If you don’t like don’t log on.
      Embarrassment of a man, guaranteed you’ve got the local council and police force numbers on speed dial

Have fun while it lasts sweetheart.

Quick Reply