Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 430753 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #4876: May 03, 2023 02:13:04 pm
      Certainly not recent ones Dave. I know all ex United players been sh*te   :lmao:

Ollie was certainly better than Lampard, who certainly seems clueless at both Everton and Chelsea !
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #4877: May 03, 2023 02:48:51 pm
      Certainly not recent ones Dave. I know all ex United players been sh*te   :lmao:
      Can't think of (m)any managers, successful or otherwise who haven't been players!!!!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4878: May 03, 2023 03:50:46 pm
      Ollie was certainly better than Lampard, who certainly seems clueless at both Everton and Chelsea !

Think Lampard must be close to worse ever considering the players he had under his belt...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4879: May 03, 2023 03:54:46 pm
      Can't think of (m)any managers, successful or otherwise who haven't been players!!!!!!

You'd have to say the likes of Pep & Zidane are all though the latter walked in a ready made top side.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4880: May 03, 2023 04:12:01 pm
      To be fair he's a pr**k himself. Screaming about how Hamilton have just scored a fourth against Peterhead or whatever. Think his time on Countdown proved what a sh*t presenter he actually is.

I said last year when he announced he was leaving that I suspected it'd be Alex Scott who replaced him, and I haven't changed that view. She ticks every box for the politcally correct world we live in.

But this is to discuss Jürgen and I'll say what I said the other day, keeping being you Jürgen because we're f**king glad you're a Red. Don't bow down to the FA or their officials. When they're clearly in the wrong, tell them, show them and then laugh at them.

I would like Jürgen to put some distance between himself and our gutter sniping press. Pep keeps them at arms length and he gets away with stuff Jürgen does not. But why can't somebody acknowledge Referees in this country are not upto the standard the self declared worlds best league should have.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #4881: May 03, 2023 04:23:24 pm
      You'd have to say the likes of Pep & Zidane are all though the latter walked in a ready made top side.

Both walked into ready made top sides.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4882: May 03, 2023 05:02:52 pm
      Both walked into ready made top sides.

Pep proved himself time and time again though hasn’t he. We know he’s always had the funds to buy almost anyone but as you’ll know he’s still been able to produce top class sides that go on to  win Trophies.  Something that United  & Chelsea not been able to do.  Pep world class and deserves to classed as one of the best managers in the world football.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #4883: May 03, 2023 06:31:30 pm
      I would like Jürgen to put some distance between himself and our gutter sniping press. Pep keeps them at arms length and he gets away with stuff Jürgen does not. But why can't somebody acknowledge Referees in this country are not upto the standard the self declared worlds best league should have.

Jürgen said it himself in today's press conference that when he's got emotions in check like he did today then he can answer the questions in the diplomatic way that keeps him out of trouble. But just minutes after a game and he's got a microphone shoved in his mush with some tit asking questions about a cheating b***ard ref, then Klopp will say it how it is.

And that's the problem, the ref can be F***ing useless at his job and not be punished for it. But the minute somebody says he's been F***ing useless at his job then they're up for bans/fines.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4884: May 03, 2023 07:13:30 pm
      I don't think Jürgen would have got in trouble for saying the ref was sh*t THAT GAME. The issue the FA has is that he's insinuating that Tierney has a bias against us (which he obviously does) and that's why they have charged him. You can't bring the reputation of the officials into question (convenient eh?)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4885: May 03, 2023 08:04:53 pm
      Jürgen said it himself in today's press conference that when he's got emotions in check like he did today then he can answer the questions in the diplomatic way that keeps him out of trouble. But just minutes after a game and he's got a microphone shoved in his mush with some tit asking questions about a cheating b***ard ref, then Klopp will say it how it is.

And that's the problem, the ref can be f**king useless at his job and not be punished for it. But the minute somebody says he's been f**king useless at his job then they're up for bans/fines.

lets hope the LMA support him and make all these experts realise just how much pressure managers are under and made 100 times worse when Refs dont even know what a foul is. LEts face it the FA will make an example of him.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4886: May 04, 2023 09:53:09 am
      Probably get 100 lines..

I must not slag off the ref
      I must not slag off the ref
      I must not slag of...........oh bugger this I'm going for a bevvy..
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #4887: May 07, 2023 05:04:43 pm
      Quote from Longy-Shops
      All human decisions are subject to bias.
      It's one of the main reasons judges have to work to sentencing guidelines, otherwise some judges would give a first offender 18 months in gaol, and another set him/her free with a £50 fine. How hungry the judge was at time of sentencing can influence the degree of penalty.

All human decisions are made because somebody thought it was the right thing to do at the time. Bias does not come into it. If I decide to eat in McDonalds in Liverpool instead of KFC, then it doesn't mean I'm biased against KFC. I could happily eat in both, but I can only decide to eat in one at any given time, so the human decision I make has to be one or the other. 

Since the game against Spurs ended, everyone who is someone has argued the toss over it. Players, pundits, managers, posters, administrators, and commentators. The one exception who hasn't had any chance to comment has been the ref. (and the officials at the game) He doesn't have an outlet and whatever he does say, would be ridiculed anyway.

Like all refs, Tierney gives decisions in our favour and sometimes decisions against us. If he was biased against us, he could easily have sent off Jota and Klopp, and nobody could argue if that's what happened. But he actually did Jürgen a favour by not dismissing him, and save him from another touchline ban. Other refs may not have been so lenient. Then Jürgen put his foot in it by attacking his integrity, and now we'll have to deal with the consequences.

There are two types of people in the world, amateurs and professionals. The amateur says something because he feels like it. The professional says something when it's in his best interests to. Jürgen is long enough in the game to know that whether it's England, Ecuador or Egypt, you do not attack a ref verbally or physically at any time. There is no excuse, blaming emotion is not a good enough defence unfortunately, and it's not the first time this year either. Whatever he thinks of the decisions made, as an official representative of the club, it's in his interests to behave in a responsible manner. Germans are admired and respected worldwide for their calm and restraint, not panicking or letting emotions cloud their judgement. So maybe the message will get through the second time around. It has to.

No matter how many times you say it, that decision to not give the neighbours a penalty against City did not cost us the title, any more than it cost them their place in the league. Stating otherwise is simply lieing. The league is decided over results across 38 games, not whether other teams in games we're not part of, (that may not even be scored) get penalties or not.

As for the British judicial system, bias or no bias, it's littered with wrong decisions and injustice. We know that a system that forces our brothers and sisters to wait 27 years in pain rather than the 27 hours they needed, just to state the bleeding obvious, is not a system that should be held up as a model of anything.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #4888: May 08, 2023 01:06:22 am
      Interesting "The Chosen One" never got reprimanded for his comments about the ref and VAR after we beat them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLWtdX0RzLU&ab_channel=ThisIsAnfield

He even demanded an apology from the ref.
      MoppingtheKop
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #4889: May 13, 2023 06:13:36 pm
      Interesting "The Chosen One" never got reprimanded for his comments about the ref and VAR after we beat them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLWtdX0RzLU&ab_channel=ThisIsAnfield

He even demanded an apology from the ref.

Universal rules eh.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #4890: May 14, 2023 12:04:33 pm
      With Poch going to Chelsea, im go grateful our club is not part of this ridiculous managerial merry go round.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4891: May 14, 2023 01:15:14 pm
      With Poch going to Chelsea, im go grateful our club is not part of this ridiculous managerial merry go round.

Quick check and Chelsea & Spurs have gone through 20 managers in the past 10 years. Mourinho, Conte and now Pochettino have had a go at both.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #4892: May 14, 2023 01:28:59 pm
      Reporters cause problems for managers, like Jürgen by shoving a microphone asking questions at the wrong time, seemingly winding them up. Similar to putting words into a manager's mouth, before they can "cool down"
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4893: May 14, 2023 03:26:13 pm
      Reporters cause problems for managers, like Jürgen by shoving a microphone asking questions at the wrong time, seemingly winding them up. Similar to putting words into a manager's mouth, before they can "cool down"

Fair point David but it's part of the drama,can't anesthetise the game. Managers get millions so a little chat when under pressure isn't all that much of a burden. Refs should be interviewed and cooperate when they are requested to.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #4894: May 14, 2023 03:59:29 pm
      Managers are contractually obliged to do press interviews, you can't blame the reporters for a managers response, positive or negative.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #4895: May 14, 2023 09:55:08 pm

I don’t see the draw. Poch won the league with PSG, which he would be expected to, but nothing else worth shouting about. Not much of a c v is it.

Couldnt win an argument with spuds.
      What’s the attraction, and where did he get this reputation from 🤷‍♂️

Beats me !
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4896: May 16, 2023 08:52:12 am
      Loving seeing klopp enjoy himself again, weve defo turned it round and looking great for next season now with this new formation/tactics.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4897: May 16, 2023 12:32:47 pm
      Loving seeing klopp enjoy himself again, weve defo turned it round and looking great for next season now with this new formation/tactics.

Decision for Klopp next season will be whether to play Trent in mid full time or continue with the hybrid version - fullback/playmaker.

Currently 3-4-3 formation. Also allows Fabinho to play the holding role 100%. Passing option increased as well. Konate has played his part and has been brilliant. Covers so much ground. Bringing in a top attacking midfielder should be the priority to complement what we have.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4898: May 16, 2023 12:45:08 pm
      Decision for Klopp next season will be whether to play Trent in mid full time or continue with the hybrid version - fullback/playmaker.

Currently 3-4-3 formation. Also allows Fabinho to play the holding role 100%. Passing option increased as well. Konate has played his part and has been brilliant. Covers so much ground. Bringing in a top attacking midfielder should be the priority to complement what we have.

he said its the long term plan last night.

Quick Reply