Trending Topics

Next match: Man Utd v LFC [Premier League] Sun 20th Oct @ 4:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Old Trafford

Today is the 17th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W9 D9 L5

Our 25-man squad for the 2019-20 season

Read 2890 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,745 posts | 2422 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Our 25-man squad for the 2019-20 season
      Reply #25: Aug 09, 2019 03:00:43 pm
      Not the question. I know we've had to sell top players, but how many have we sold because we wanted to cash in on them vs. because they forced their way out?

We're in unknow territory now. Whataboutery aside we've not been in this postion before.
      Like I said, I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes, but there is no denying that the squad has some holes in it.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,102 posts | 415 
      Reply #26: Aug 09, 2019 03:52:43 pm
      Think we should've bought a striker. I think Brewster would benefit with a season long loan to somebody like Derby.Get a full season under his belt. He needs it after a long injury.Putting a lot of faith in the front 3 plus Origi.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 880 posts | 251 
      Reply #27: Aug 10, 2019 06:44:43 pm
      Think we should've bought a striker. I think Brewster would benefit with a season long loan to somebody like Derby.Get a full season under his belt. He needs it after a long injury.Putting a lot of faith in the front 3 plus Origi.

That's probably why Brewster was retained - as cover.  No good if we lose one of the front 3 to injury and he's at Derby (or elsewhere).  I do agree that a loan where he'd play regularly would benefit him (and us) eventually.

I think Jürgen chose this option because he couldn't see the striker he'd want in the market this summer.  Nor could I, except maybe Zaha.

Quick Reply