Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

No Signings, but...

Read 37952 times
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 267 posts | 83 
      No Signings, but...
      Jul 27, 2019 09:35:35 pm
      Pepe going to Arsenal.

Bruno going to Utd.

Clubs strengthening around us, and we seem to sit tight, happy with our lot. We're European champions after all.

And like a lot of the fan base I started to feel a little anxiety. We've been here before. We need cover for X, Y and Z. We need a big signing to push our lads on, etc etc.

But when you look at it harder, I start to feel more calm.

Minus City, every other rival needed strengthening, badly. Arsenal where a shambles last year, and are still going into the season with Mustafi and Koscielny on strike.

Utd still have Jones, Smalling, De Gea on the decline, and an over rated striker (Rashford) and a useless one (Lukaku)

Chelsea have lost their most influential player of the past 5 years minimum, with no re reinforcements

Spurs have strengthened, but not in areas where they actually need (Kane then who?)

We have lost no one. We are a year together stronger. We have players back after a year out. Players who want to prove. Young players exciting enough to be compared to God himself.

I'm optimistic, and now after thinking hard, not worried.

I'm ready for battle.

Let's go.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: No Signings, but...
      Reply #1: Jul 27, 2019 09:48:40 pm
      Pepe going to Arsenal.

Bruno going to Utd.

Clubs strengthening around us, and we seem to sit tight, happy with our lot. We're European champions after all.

And like a lot of the fan base I started to feel a little anxiety. We've been here before. We need cover for X, Y and Z. We need a big signing to push our lads on, etc etc.

But when you look at it harder, I start to feel more calm.

Minus City, every other rival needed strengthening, badly. Arsenal where a shambles last year, and are still going into the season with Mustafi and Koscielny on strike.

Utd still have Jones, Smalling, De Gea on the decline, and an over rated striker (Rashford) and a useless one (Lukaku)

Chelsea have lost their most influential player of the past 5 years minimum, with no re reinforcements

Spurs have strengthened, but not in areas where they actually need (Kane then who?)

We have lost no one. We are a year together stronger. We have players back after a year out. Players who want to prove. Young players exciting enough to be compared to God himself.

I'm optimistic, and now after thinking hard, not worried.

I'm ready for battle.

Let's go.

Your post can be like the Valium for everyone freaking out on here.  ;D
      Essex Mingle
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #2: Jul 28, 2019 11:02:07 am
      ..... we didn't lose anyone.

Its a gamble IMO but a gamble where the management know more than me, so  we have to go with them!

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3: Jul 28, 2019 11:28:23 am
      ..... we didn't lose anyone.

Its a gamble IMO but a gamble where the management know more than me, so  we have to go with them!

Just had to put my glasses on to check that there was a letter l in the second part of your name.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #4: Jul 28, 2019 11:47:06 am
      Wish I could be so optimistic 😬
      Ireland333
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 13 
      Reply #5: Jul 28, 2019 01:19:14 pm
      In way good other teams buying maybe city will lose some games against top teams, l think we got good owners but l feel only spent big by selling one top players won't surprise if don't win league salah or mane be sold big money then go on other big spending trsnfers
      Ireland333
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 13 
      Reply #6: Jul 28, 2019 01:20:26 pm
      Should have money least bring in one top player for 50 or 60 million these year
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7: Jul 28, 2019 01:25:15 pm
      In way good other teams buying maybe city will lose some games against top teams, l think we got good owners but l feel only spent big by selling one top players won't surprise if don't win league salah or mane be sold big money then go on other big spending trsnfers

Admit it everyone, you've missed the total mauling of syntax that somehow still fails to hide the complete absence of logic from the offered arguments. It's like there's been a reincarnation on the forum.
      Essex Mingle
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Jul 28, 2019 02:07:10 pm
      Just had to put my glasses on to check that there was a letter l in the second part of your name.

first time I've ever heard that
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9: Jul 28, 2019 02:34:55 pm
      Admit it everyone, you've missed the total mauling of syntax that somehow still fails to hide the complete absence of logic from the offered arguments. It's like there's been a reincarnation on the forum.

ha ha rumbled or what
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #10: Jul 28, 2019 02:36:12 pm
      Pepe going to Arsenal.

Bruno going to Utd.

Hasn't happened yet!!

Stop worrying ;)

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #11: Jul 28, 2019 02:55:51 pm
      So in summary, we've not strengthened, and our rivals have. This is a positive. Somehow, this makes it better.

Reminds me of the time when some here were trying to claim that dropping points and losing our place at top of the table was also a positive.. and placed us in the perfect position. We all know how that ended.

Keep trying though..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #12: Jul 28, 2019 03:01:59 pm
      So in summary, we've not strengthened, and our rivals have. This is a positive. Somehow, this makes it better.

I didn't know Everton & Utd had been out bulk buying?

Chelsea have a transfer ban. City so far only bought Rodri and Arsenal might buy Pepe.

So we need start panicking because of this.

Go and have a lie down.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #13: Jul 28, 2019 04:18:17 pm
      No signings but Brewster, OX, Wilson, Gomez fit again a fit Naby and Lallana we are so much better than last season and these lads have now done the hardest thing they have won their first trophy
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #14: Jul 28, 2019 04:46:57 pm

Reminds me of the time when some here were trying to claim that dropping points and losing our place at top of the table was also a positive.. and placed us in the perfect position. We all know how that ended.

Keep trying though..

They have strengthened, but none of them have actually strengthened the fundamental problem in there teams, like we did last year in VVD and Allisson.

Or you could just read the OP and stop being a bellend
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #15: Jul 28, 2019 05:32:10 pm
      Stop being a realist you mean.

Ireland333
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 13 
      Reply #16: Jul 28, 2019 07:31:46 pm
      We can't be that broke as club we can't bring in one or two good players fit in first team not young players, don't think we have team win league if front three get injury
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #17: Jul 28, 2019 07:34:18 pm
      We can't be that broke as club we can't bring in one or two good players fit in first team not young players, don't think we have team win league if front three get injury

New stand just been built
      New training complex currently under construction
      Another stand needing renovation

All are going to cost.
      Ireland333
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 13 
      Reply #18: Jul 28, 2019 07:40:28 pm
      I understand that but even we should be able spent 50 million plus on one good player, good owners but l always feel like we have sell one top players before spent big
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #19: Jul 28, 2019 07:45:50 pm
      I understand that but even we should be able spent 50 million plus on one good player, good owners but l always feel like we have sell one top players before spent big

And where's this £50 million rated player gonna play? Who's he gonna replace? Do we sell one of the front three when this £50 million rated player is so F***ing boss!!

Or stop fretting about money we will or won't spend, wait until the big guns are back and then see where we are at!

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #20: Jul 29, 2019 10:56:42 am
      "No Signings, but..."

This is like the "One, plus Solanke" narrative from 2 seasons ago.

The club hasn't made a marquee signing, but let's not make stuff up.

Signed:

Sepp van den Berg (PEC Zwolle)
      Harvey Elliott (Fulham)

Left the club:

Alberto Moreno (Villarreal)
      Daniel Sturridge (Released) 
      Danny Ings (Southampton)

Moreno barely got a sniff of football last season.
      Sturridge was clearly behind Origi during the second half of last season.
      Ings was already on loan at Southampton.

Ox & Brewster effectively missed all of last season.
      Larouci looked promising at LWB before being assaulted.

We'd all love a marquee signing, but some of the social media stuff has been ridiculous.
      Hard to improve on a team that just got a club record amount of points in the PL & won the CL.
      Essex Mingle
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #21: Jul 29, 2019 11:40:45 am
      "No Signings, but..."

This is like the "One, plus Solanke" narrative from 2 seasons ago.

We'd all love a marquee signing, but some of the social media stuff has been ridiculous.
      Hard to improve on a team that just got a club record amount of points in the PL & won the CL.

impossible to improve if you don't buy
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #22: Jul 29, 2019 11:45:39 am
      impossible to improve if you don't buy

Klopp has shown he's prepared to wait for the right player to become available.
      Sometimes that means short term pain for long term gain.
      Would much rather that than what went before, when recruitment was scattergun.
      Effectively took an extra year to get van Dijk & Keita deals done.

If we're after who I think we're after then I can wait another year if it means it gets done.
      Though I appreciate we live in an age where everyone wants the new shiny signing and wants it now.

Quick Reply