Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

No Signings, but...

Read 37954 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: No Signings, but...
      Reply #23: Jul 29, 2019 11:59:35 am
      impossible to improve if you don't buy

that's just nonsense. Which player hasn't improved under the coaching of Jürgen and his staff the collective improvement of players is how Jürgen gets things done.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24: Jul 29, 2019 02:05:55 pm
      that's just nonsense. Which player hasn't improved under the coaching of Jürgen and his staff the collective improvement of players is how Jürgen gets things done.

Moreno didn't improve, nor did Clyne or Sturridge, Lallana also hasn't really improved.
      Essex Mingle
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: Jul 29, 2019 02:16:48 pm
      Klopp has shown he's prepared to wait for the right player to become available.
      Sometimes that means short term pain for long term gain.
      Would much rather that than what went before, when recruitment was scattergun.
      Effectively took an extra year to get van Dijk & Keita deals done.

If we're after who I think we're after then I can wait another year if it means it gets done.
      Though I appreciate we live in an age where everyone wants the new shiny signing and wants it now.

I get all that and I also know there's an 'I want it now' generation but there's also an argument had we got VVD in the August we may have challenged for the league that season too.

My point is by waiting we could lose ground in the league and go out early of the cups.

I genuinely get both sides of the argument.... but I just worry about the fall out if we don't hit the ground running on Friday 9th
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26: Jul 29, 2019 02:20:07 pm
      I get all that and I also know there's an 'I want it now' generation but there's also an argument had we got VVD in the August we may have challenged for the league that season too.

My point is by waiting we could lose ground in the league and go out early of the cups.

I genuinely get both sides of the argument.... but I just worry about the fall out if we don't hit the ground running on Friday 9th

Its like wanting a particular car and instead of settling for one which is almost exactly as good you instead chose to continue taking the bus and paying for taxis etc whilst you wait another year. Its a really narrow minded view from Klopp and one of his very few failings.
      Essex Mingle
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #27: Jul 29, 2019 02:21:23 pm

If we're after who I think we're after then I can wait another year if it means it gets done.
      Though I appreciate we live in an age where everyone wants the new shiny signing and wants it now.

There's a few individuals (Moreno, Sturridge etc) but thats not the point of my post.

My point is by not investing and bringing in players it could be seen as standing still and that nearly always proves to be the wrong move, especially in our recent history
      Essex Mingle
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #28: Jul 29, 2019 02:23:54 pm
      Its like wanting a particular car and instead of settling for one which is almost exactly as good you instead chose to continue taking the bus and paying for taxis etc whilst you wait another year. Its a really narrow minded view from Klopp and one of his very few failings.

Its hard and really harsh to call him out on this issue when he's been proven right on at least 2 occasions in the last 18 months when he waited for specific players.

BUT..... as I say I get your point
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #29: Jul 29, 2019 02:35:06 pm

The CL win has this fan base believing Klopp and LFC are invincible.
      Let's take a quick look back at that tournament.
      LFC got destroyed in 3 road matches to open the tournament
      LFC did dominate vs one of the weakest Bayern teams in recent history and against an overachieving Portuguese team
      LFC got crushed vs Barca on the road then their subs pulled off the miracle of miracles with a savy trick play.
      Lastly, LFC got to play a rickety Tottenham team in a horribly played game.

LFC earned their trophy but in no way was LFC a juggernaut that steamrolled Europe, like Real Madrid typically has.

My point: The team's vulnerabilities were on display last year despite the final outcome

The good news: LFC should cake walk through the opening 6 matches in CL as the #1 seed this year and potentially have cash to spend in the winter transfer period to bolster the team if needed.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #30: Jul 29, 2019 02:36:20 pm
      Let's take a quick look back at that tournament.
      LFC got destroyed in 3 road matches to open the tournament
      LFC did dominate vs one of the weakest Bayern teams in recent history and against an overachieving Portuguese team
      LFC got crushed vs Barca on the road then their subs pulled off the miracle of miracles with a savy trick play.
      Lastly, LFC got to play a rickety Tottenham team in a horribly played game.

LFC earned their trophy but in no way was LFC a juggernaut that steamrolled Europe, like Real Madrid typically has.

My point: The team's vulnerabilities were on display last year despite the final outcome

The good news: LFC should cake walk through the opening 6 matches in CL as the #1 seed this year and potentially have cash to spend in the winter transfer period to bolster the team if needed.

Wow.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #31: Jul 29, 2019 02:41:00 pm
      Remember the season before last we all knew we needed a keeper we left it and it cost us the CL final hope we dont make the same mistake again
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32: Jul 29, 2019 02:48:49 pm

he has a point though, other than Bayern and Porto it was a pretty shaky CL campaign, plenty of poor performances, including in the final. What it highlighted throughout the season was the fact that Jürgen had to play his front three even when they were clearly out of form or slightly unfit, that's why I and others find it staggering that instead of buying he has effectively sold forward options, and yes I know Sturridge was a bit crap towards the end but he was still an experienced player with an eye for goal.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33: Jul 29, 2019 03:23:53 pm
      "The CL win has this fan base believing Klopp and LFC are invincible."
      Nobody has claimed that.

"LFC got destroyed in 3 road matches to open the tournament"
      Fair point. Form away from home was an issue at times.

"LFC did dominate vs one of the weakest Bayern teams in recent history and against an overachieving Portuguese team
      Lastly, LFC got to play a rickety Tottenham team in a horribly played game."

If you have an excuse for why LFC beat Bayern, Barca & Spurs rather than enjoy that run to the CL trophy then I can't help you.

"LFC earned their trophy but in no way was LFC a juggernaut that steamrolled Europe, like Real Madrid typically has.
      My point: The team's vulnerabilities were on display last year despite the final outcome."

Or you could say that the squad developed during the season, as different players grew into their role within the squad.
      Again, if you'd rather compare to what Real Madrid are doing then I can't help you there.

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #34: Jul 29, 2019 04:23:36 pm
      Remember the season before last we all knew we needed a keeper we left it and it cost us the CL final hope we dont make the same mistake again

Cheer the F**k up,bunch of fanny's round here!

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35: Jul 29, 2019 04:27:59 pm
      "The CL win has this fan base believing Klopp and LFC are invincible."
      Nobody has claimed that.

"LFC got destroyed in 3 road matches to open the tournament"
      Fair point. Form away from home was an issue at times.

"LFC did dominate vs one of the weakest Bayern teams in recent history and against an overachieving Portuguese team
      Lastly, LFC got to play a rickety Tottenham team in a horribly played game."

If you have an excuse for why LFC beat Bayern, Barca & Spurs rather than enjoy that run to the CL trophy then I can't help you.

"LFC earned their trophy but in no way was LFC a juggernaut that steamrolled Europe, like Real Madrid typically has.
      My point: The team's vulnerabilities were on display last year despite the final outcome."

Or you could say that the squad developed during the season, as different players grew into their role within the squad.
      Again, if you'd rather compare to what Real Madrid are doing then I can't help you there.

You really aren't addressing his points there, I'm sure Borg was/is as delighted as we all are at having won the CL, but its still possible to cast a critical eye over it, that's what champions and winners do, they don't wallow in a victory they constantly look to improve.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36: Jul 29, 2019 04:28:33 pm

Cheer the f**k up,bunch of fanny's round here!

That is a great gif, what a night!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #37: Jul 29, 2019 05:40:50 pm

Can tell you're a newbie at this football supporting lark!!

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38: Jul 29, 2019 05:49:03 pm
      Can tell you're a newbie at this football supporting lark!!

Can tell you're an insecure narrow minded person incapable of proper debate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #39: Jul 29, 2019 05:58:38 pm

As if I'd be arsed debating with a armchair fan like yourself. The very epitome of what we on the kop laugh at. You're pathetic with all you're whinging and shithouse behaviour. You're the type that would make Shankly turn in his grave.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: Jul 29, 2019 06:05:54 pm
      Has Lonergan actually been signed by the club? I presume he would be a #3 goalkeeper and maybe a la Manninger a couple of years ago would only see the park in a total emergency.

But has he actually signed? I see he's in the roster for the training camp.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41: Jul 29, 2019 06:13:54 pm

I stopped reading at "LFC got crushed by Barcelona on the road"

Either he didn't watch the match, is clueless, or both.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #42: Jul 29, 2019 06:20:44 pm

your the gobs***e who wants CITY to win 6-0 and for us to have a crap season its disgraceful that your even allowed on these boards.
      Debate with your imaginary friend and stop pretending to be a Liverpool supporter as your clearly nothing more than a WUM.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43: Jul 29, 2019 09:09:44 pm
      As if I'd be arsed debating with a armchair fan like yourself. The very epitome of what we on the kop laugh at. You're pathetic with all you're whinging and shithouse behaviour. You're the type that would make Shankly turn in his grave.

And yet you do debate and make yourself look foolish, you really are to unintentionally funny you silly vulgar boy.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44: Jul 29, 2019 09:16:29 pm
      your the gobs***e who wants CITY to win 6-0 and for us to have a crap season its disgraceful that your even allowed on these boards.
      Debate with your imaginary friend and stop pretending to be a Liverpool supporter as your clearly nothing more than a WUM.

Where did I say I WANT citeh to win and for us to have a bad season, back up that outrageous claim or hush up and wash your mouth out.
      Asking people to be banned, tut tut, I can just imagine what you were like at school, teachers pet grassing everyone up I bet but then failing all your exams and hating the world ever since.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #45: Jul 29, 2019 10:01:02 pm
      You really aren't addressing his points there, I'm sure Borg was/is as delighted as we all are at having won the CL, but its still possible to cast a critical eye over it, that's what champions and winners do, they don't wallow in a victory they constantly look to improve.

"Wallow in a victory"

Odd phrase that.

Line by line response there. After that, good luck lads.

Quick Reply