Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

No Signings, but...

Read 37944 times
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Re: No Signings, but...
      Reply #46: Jul 29, 2019 11:53:48 pm
      your the gobs***e who wants CITY to win 6-0
      No, he very clearly said that he did not want that to happen
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #47: Jul 30, 2019 12:14:49 am
      The question i think needs answering, is if we hadn't done so well last year, would we have bought anyone this summer?  The whole management team and owners admitted in the run up to champions league that we overachieved last season, one or two year ahead of schedule in the "master plan". Does that mean they were always planning on bedding down last years signings within this window? I very much doubt it, and i expect (understandably) that summer plans were put to back of mind while everyones focus was on the run in at the end of the season.
      I agree with the sentiment we shouldn't be buying players for the sake of it, and we should all back Juergen and his waiting game - its paid dividends over the last 18 months.  With that said, we need to face the fact that we need to catch up with City who have the depth to challenge on all fronts, which is where were lacking. Salah and Bobbys dips in form in the spring cost us in the end as Divock wasnt yet stepping up to the plate.
      I hope Brewster, Ox and Keita can all pitch in with double figures this season to reduce the reliance on the front line. We should know soon enough, as I don't expect the fab three to settle back into the swing of things, until after the first international break.
      Ireland333
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 13 
      Reply #48: Jul 30, 2019 02:25:03 am
      Is boss only has contract till two more season if don't win league these season he only more season get it right winning league if he not stay longer as manger
      Ireland333
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 13 
      Reply #49: Jul 30, 2019 02:27:00 am
      Before people give out about my writing got   autism agerbers find hard spell and write down things in right way
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #50: Jul 30, 2019 08:30:24 am
      Before people give out about my writing got   autism agerbers find hard spell and write down things in right way

I would have thought that should be obvious to everyone on here my friend, but I still see a few posters on here making fun of you, shame on them and massive respect for you putting up with that and still posting.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #51: Jul 30, 2019 09:42:31 am
      The Liverpool fan base on twitter and other social media accounts make you believe it is the end of the world!! all doom and gloom!

jeezuz

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #52: Jul 30, 2019 09:54:38 am
      In way good other teams buying maybe city will lose some games against top teams, l think we got good owners but l feel only spent big by selling one top players won't surprise if don't win league salah or mane be sold big money then go on other big spending trsnfers

Did you bunk off school for 5 years?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #53: Jul 30, 2019 10:07:45 am
      Read above mate that’s not really fair , might not like his thoughts but he’s trying his best in a difficult world for someone with that condition .
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #54: Jul 30, 2019 10:10:12 am
      I would have thought that should be obvious to everyone on here my friend, but I still see a few posters on here making fun of you, shame on them and massive respect for you putting up with that and still posting.

Yeah it's obviously the same poster 'Ireland' we had and everyone knew he had difficulties with constructing posts for the reasons he's posted above. Not sure why he's changed username or got a new profile though.

Don't think it's on people taking the piss out of his posts.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #55: Jul 30, 2019 10:11:07 am
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #56: Jul 30, 2019 10:14:25 am
      Read above mate that’s not really fair , might not like his thoughts but he’s trying his best in a difficult world for someone with that condition .

Ah my bad, I hadn't read his previous response. I'm actually an awful person...

Ireland333, my apologies mate, ignore my ignorance. There's a difference between banter and making fun at someone's expense and I clearly crossed the line. Sorry fella.

rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #57: Jul 30, 2019 10:21:29 am
      Ah my bad, I hadn't read his previous response. I'm actually an awful person...

Ireland333, my apologies mate, ignore my ignorance. There's a difference between banter and making fun at someone's expense and I clearly crossed the line. Sorry fella.

Fair play think we could all just lighten up a bit and stop with the personal insults. We are all reds on here ( I hope )  and want the same thing. Obviously as with the transfer policy and abilities of players we have different  opinions but let's all just try to respect that and keep the banter level to an appropriate  level
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #58: Jul 30, 2019 03:23:45 pm
      Irekand333, I disagree with everything you say, but i was unaware your grammar and such were the result of a disability. On reflection it was a totally cheap shot on my part to mock you, despite my ignorance . I ask your forgiveness for my sin against you.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #59: Jul 30, 2019 03:33:57 pm
      In terms of replacements for the front three - as well as goals, I suppose the one point we've all forgot is will they get through as much graft as Bobby, Mane & Salah do.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #60: Jul 30, 2019 10:58:33 pm
      Quote from Benito
      I agree with the sentiment we shouldn't be buying players for the sake of it, and we should all back Juergen and his waiting game - its paid dividends over the last 18 months.  With that said, we need to face the fact that we need to catch up with City who have the depth to challenge on all fronts, which is where were lacking. Salah and Bobbys dips in form in the spring cost us in the end as Divock wasnt yet stepping up to the plate.
      I hope Brewster, Ox and Keita can all pitch in with double figures this season to reduce the reliance on the front line.

This summer window was a fantastic opportunity to seriously strengthen the squad depth, so we could face the 5-6 competitions ahead of us without worrying how we would cope when x y and z are injured/rested. If you can't strengthen when you're European Champions, then somebody has missed a trick somewhere. Unfortunately it has passed by, and the squad will start the season more or less as it was. So we have to drag every drop out of the first XI again, a sizeable task with a tough fixture list in the league, and if we have any domestic cup runs.

As for the wait and see transfer policy, it would be wonderful if every target waited for us, and only us, to come calling, as VVD did. Unfortunately most don't. Pepe has moved, De Ligt has moved, Fekir has moved. Understandably they don't wait around for us forever, they just go. It may not be a major issue at this time of year, come Christmas and January though it could be a different story. Obviously nobody will be bought in January again, because we usually don't, even if there are (hopefully) still 25-30 games to play.

Brewster and Origi will fight it out to be the impact man off the bench role. Neither Ox nor Keita will hit double figures. Both are injury prone. And the left back situation is, well I don't know how we're going to deal with that when Robbo is out.

The owners are lucky Jürgen blindly accepts the lack of transfer activity, and even defends it in public. There are many other coaches who wouldn't.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #61: Jul 31, 2019 12:10:04 am
      Chelsea have a transfer ban where as we don’t.

One team has spent out £45mill on a player, whilst the other hasn’t signed anyone. Who’s that team?...Chelsea.

Have to trust the club know what they are doing but if next season turns out to be a huge disappointment then questions will need answering.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #62: Jul 31, 2019 03:39:11 am
      who cares about signings, i support the squad and manager, everyone gets better and become 'signings', if you truly need to sign someone to cover a position so be it
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #63: Jul 31, 2019 02:48:10 pm
      The only signings I expected to see, were a backup goalie if Mings left and a backup LB.

But Klopp wont just spunk money on any old playr just to be backup, he would much prefer to coach some u23s to make them better, and use them as backups.

Our squad is pretty deep, deeper than some of the doom and gloom merchants would have you believe.

Pre-season has made the squad look thin, due to all the late arrivals and some minor Injuries.

We will be right at it for Norwich when the league starts, and dare I say it, fancy us to be up for the charity shield at weekend. a wee win v city would be just the ticket to remind all the naysayers how good we are.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #64: Jul 31, 2019 02:54:33 pm
      The only signings I expected to see, were a backup goalie if Mings left and a backup LB.

But Klopp wont just spunk money on any old playr just to be backup, he would much prefer to coach some u23s to make them better, and use them as backups.

Our squad is pretty deep, deeper than some of the doom and gloom merchants would have you believe.

Pre-season has made the squad look thin, due to all the late arrivals and some minor Injuries.

We will be right at it for Norwich when the league starts, and dare I say it, fancy us to be up for the charity shield at weekend. a wee win v city would be just the ticket to remind all the naysayers how good we are.

I saw that Tom Heaton may be leaving for 9 million quid. I wouldn't mind  replacing Ming with him for that sort of money.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #65: Jul 31, 2019 03:07:13 pm
      I saw that Tom Heaton may be leaving for 9 million quid. I wouldn't mind  replacing Ming with him for that sort of money.

Yea that would be not to bad.

I do think Mings will leave before end of window, he cant be happy being no.2

Ireland333
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 13 
      Reply #66: Jul 31, 2019 03:17:10 pm
      Don't worry about lads cool l know my spelling writhing not great with austium asgerbers anyhow we very good first 11 without sigh anyone hopeful couple younger players will help us like Trent who come from youth set up
      Ireland333
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 13 
      Reply #67: Jul 31, 2019 03:18:47 pm
      Talk about Wilson going Bournemouth hope that not case he good young player have on as sub good at free kick
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #68: Jul 31, 2019 03:21:50 pm
      The Liverpool fan base on twitter and other social media accounts make you believe it is the end of the world!! all doom and gloom!

jeezuz

It's almost like we didn't win the biggest trophy in club football less than two months ago.

A ball hasn't been kicked yet and half our "fans" are writing us off already.  :f_doh:

Quick Reply