Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

No Signings, but...

Read 37961 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Re: No Signings, but...
      Reply #69: Jul 31, 2019 09:12:45 pm
      I think it might be that they want to sell a some squad players first, but the clock is ticking!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #70: Aug 01, 2019 09:31:27 am
      The u18\u23 lads performances during last season and this pre-season has proven they will be more than capable deputies if the need should arrive, a few of them might even push the 1st team lads to play better.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #71: Aug 01, 2019 09:42:23 am
      Our squad is pretty deep, deeper than some of the doom and gloom merchants would have you believe.

I actually think so too, the only reason people think otherwise is because of City. To expect us to have two top class teams like City is completely unrealistic. We have to compare our squad and it's depth to the rest of the competitors and it's a hell of a lot deeper / stronger than the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea.

The only major area of concerns are cover / competition for the front three, and the lack of goals from midfield. Origi may continue his improvement along with Brewsters emergence, and Ox may get back to his best to address both of these issues. I would prefer not to leave it to chance and buy a rising star to challenge to front three, but hey Ox and Origi are pretty decent bets.

The rest of the squad is pretty strong in depth I would say.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #72: Aug 01, 2019 10:40:30 am
      I actually think so too, the only reason people think otherwise is because of City. To expect us to have two top class teams like City is completely unrealistic. We have to compare our squad and it's depth to the rest of the competitors and it's a hell of a lot deeper / stronger than the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea.

The only major area of concerns are cover / competition for the front three, and the lack of goals from midfield. Origi may continue his improvement along with Brewsters emergence, and Ox may get back to his best to address both of these issues. I would prefer not to leave it to chance and buy a rising star to challenge to front three, but hey Ox and Origi are pretty decent bets.

The rest of the squad is pretty strong in depth I would say.

Correct.

Folk are panicking assuming all 3 front men will be missing at the same time through the season just like pre-season, thats never gonna happen, we might rest 1 or 2 at most depending on situations, or 1 may get injured which will give Origi a chance to play, he never let us down last season when he was needed, and if Origi isnt available its a chance for Brewster to shine.

And we also have OX, Naby & Lallana all bolstering the MF this season, they all have goals and creativity in thier games, also cant see wee Shaq getting so many Injuries.

Klopp has so many options its unreal.

Even the discussion about Full back cover, Gomez & Trent cover the RB, and Robbo & Milner cover the LB, even if on the rare occasion these guys arnt fit, the young guys coming through are very decent and only getting better.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #73: Aug 08, 2019 10:06:23 pm
      can see the lack of signing being another Rafa rotation scenerio.  Some people will just not except not signing 1 big incoming player in a year. 
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #74: Aug 09, 2019 11:03:52 am
      I trust Klopp, if he feels this squad (you know, the same squad who weeks back won the Champions League) is good enough to improve and keep challenging, then that's OK by me.

Sure it would have been nice to add a couple potential first teamers, but it wasn't meant to be.

So let's just look forward to steamrolling Norwich tonight.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #75: Aug 09, 2019 11:47:14 am
      I trust Klopp, if he feels this squad (you know, the same squad who weeks back won the Champions League) is good enough to improve and keep challenging, then that's OK by me.

Sure it would have been nice to add a couple potential first teamers, but it wasn't meant to be.

So let's just look forward to steamrolling Norwich tonight.

I agree, no point going over this any more now, we have the squad we have and it is a damned good squad, so lets look forward to a fantastic season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #76: Aug 21, 2019 03:23:31 am
      No signings but these 3 ain't going nowhere is a massive positive!

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #77: Aug 22, 2019 11:39:32 am
      No signings but these 3 ain't going nowhere is a massive positive!

Massive from the lads. superb.

Quick Reply