Trending Topics

Next match: Arse v LFC [Premier League] Sun 9th Oct @ 4:30 pm
      Emirates Stadium

Today is the 5th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W17 D1 L7

Harvey Elliott Player Thread (M)

Read 46637 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,833 posts | 1828 
      Re: Harvey Elliott Player Thread (M)
      Reply #414: Sep 01, 2022 10:38:42 am
      He was superb once again. Loving his work-rate on and off the ball. He was in perpetual motion last night and i love how he makes the right decisions with the ball. That's the biggest difference between him and Jones, Curtis has all the ability in the world but zero football brain. Harvey does the right thing time and time again, he doesn't hold onto it too long and he's got a great weight of pass. Plus the ball sticks to his feet like an old football playstation game! Comfortably our best player thus far this season. Also i think we will see the best of him as and when Nunez is regularly in the side and performing well. As for our midfield being lightweight when he plays I disagree. He looks physically stronger to me and is pulling his weight. He marks, he tracks, he tackles.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,439 posts | 3057 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #415: Sep 01, 2022 01:09:18 pm
      Him and Carvalho this season:

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,815 posts | 647 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #416: Sep 01, 2022 05:47:06 pm
      Coming along nicely let’s hope he isn’t overused with the other absent sick notes
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,818 posts | 3834 
      Reply #417: Sep 07, 2022 10:32:03 pm
      Will post on here after being accused of being a Elliot hater I’m not but it’s clear to see he is not a CM and you could during the game with him drifting out wide like a number 10, which means Trent was coming infield and thus leaving a gaping hole.
      Of course this might have been instructions from Klopp but it’s clearly not working as we have seen most of this season.

Harvey though good lad will come good in a few years.
      « Last Edit: Sep 07, 2022 11:11:18 pm by HScRed1 »
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,516 posts | 351 
      Reply #418: Sep 07, 2022 11:08:08 pm
      Will post on here after being accused of being a Elliot hater I’m not but it’s clear to see he is not a CM and you could during the game him drifting out wide like a number 10, which means Trent was coming infield and thus leaving a gaping hole.
      Of course this might have been instructions from Klopp but it’s clearly not working as we have seen most of this season.

Harvey though good lad will come good in a few years.

I kind of half agree with this. i think that position actually is Harvey's best position. However, he doesn't offer the defensive strength of Hendo, which is a real problem with Trent's moments of defensive slackness. If we had a more traditional RB, Harvey would be good on the right of CM. But with Trent being so much of an attacking player, we need a right CM who can fill in when Trent goes forward, and Harvey isn't really good at doing that.

It's a shame, cos individually Harvey has actually played pretty well this season, but I think there is a real issue with the balance of the team when he plays in that position. (And this has been made worse by the fact Fabinho is having a poor start to the season.)

Quick Reply