Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Harvey Elliott Player Thread (M)

Read 72628 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Re: Harvey Elliott Player Thread (M)
      Reply #460: Aug 13, 2023 08:08:57 pm
      Looked composed, quick and strong. I liked his tenacity and also a bit of a quality too.

Love his attitude

Just mentioned him in the match thread. Did very well when he came on. Wasn't an easy situation to come on in. Keep it going Harvey lad
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #461: Aug 13, 2023 09:53:08 pm
      Thought he was brilliant when he came on. Looks stronger as well this season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #462: Oct 12, 2023 09:11:40 pm
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #463: Oct 12, 2023 11:16:19 pm
      Wow, scored with his left in the first half and done it again with his right in the second.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #464: Oct 24, 2023 12:37:55 pm
      https://neilj.substack.com/p/liverpool-daily-briefing-harvey-elliott

So glad wee harvey is getting some recognition from different quarters now.

Wee fella is class, and just getting better.
      Scottbot

• 9,613 posts | 2159 
      Reply #465: Oct 25, 2023 08:09:10 am
      https://neilj.substack.com/p/liverpool-daily-briefing-harvey-elliott

So glad wee harvey is getting some recognition from different quarters now.

Wee fella is class, and just getting better.

Me too, it’s a good article and it makes sone good observations. I think the biggest one for me is his physical growth this season. You can see he has been in the weight room, he looks much stronger now and it’s showing up in his play. It’s incredible to think he’s still only 20. Really excited to see him develop further in this young midfield, particularly if he can replicate those strikes for the under 21’s in a Liverpool shirt.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #466: Oct 25, 2023 08:28:02 am
      Coming on as a super sub seems to be a good position for him at the moment.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #467: Oct 25, 2023 09:12:37 am
      100% pass accuracy when he came on at weekend too, and what a shot he hit as well.

surprised pickfords arms were big enough to reach that tbh.  :lmao: :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2102 
      Reply #468: Oct 25, 2023 07:04:18 pm
      Coming on as a super sub seems to be a good position for him at the moment.

Absolutely. He's superb at it and it's really transforming games for us. You saw that from the first game of the season against Chelsea. He came on and really wrestled back control of the game in our favour to the extent that I was a bit disappointed we didn't find that winner.

The conundrum long term will be, how does he get his way into the starting eleven, and how can he be effective in that position from the off? It seems that he just doesn't gel or click when he starts games at the moment. There's quite a gap to bridge between being fantastic off the bench to him being fantastic from the first minute in a starting eleven. Bigger than any player I can remember in recent history.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #469: Oct 26, 2023 10:00:33 am
      Klopp trusts him, he will get plenty games, start most cup games, sub most league games, start some league games depending on fitness of sobbo & macca.
      Scottbot

• 9,613 posts | 2159 
      Reply #470: Oct 26, 2023 02:05:13 pm
      What you always get from Harvey (no matter how well he plays) is urgency and tempo. He moves the ball quickly, he breaks lines and likes to travel with the ball. I think that's why he is carving out the Supersub role at the moment because all of those things are usually needed when a manager makes a change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSPVLJPuDEo

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #471: Oct 29, 2023 08:10:28 pm
      Would have been kicking himself with that missed goal, with what would have been his first touch.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #472: Nov 22, 2023 02:27:48 pm
      Kid thrashed in the U21s. We have some player here. Starting to look like he can be our next little magician.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #473: Nov 22, 2023 07:00:36 pm
      2 nice goals (one from Tyler Morton)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJn0ONUMg3o
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,114 posts | 83 
      Reply #474: Nov 22, 2023 07:23:25 pm
      Jury still out there but Harvey lacks speed and that is key in today's game. For the same reason Keita or Shaq failed at the highest level. But he is still very young, so we'll see. A big plus that he is one of ours, so you give players like that extra chances and extra time than with foreign players you just bought.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #475: Nov 25, 2023 03:10:02 pm
      Jury still out there but Harvey lacks speed and that is key in today's game. For the same reason Keita or Shaq failed at the highest level.

Absolute bullshit
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #476: Nov 25, 2023 06:29:50 pm
      Jury still out there but Harvey lacks speed and that is key in today's game. For the same reason Keita or Shaq failed at the highest level. But he is still very young, so we'll see. A big plus that he is one of ours, so you give players like that extra chances and extra time than with foreign players you just bought.
      You drunk, mate. Give your phone to someone else and sober up.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #477: Dec 12, 2023 04:15:44 pm
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 527 
      Reply #478: Jan 24, 2024 11:03:55 pm
      My MOTM tonight. Didn't give Fulham a second with his pressing,  and lots of nice touches as well. His best performance as a starter this season.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #479: Jan 25, 2024 12:21:29 am
      My MOTM tonight. Didn't give Fulham a second with his pressing,  and lots of nice touches as well. His best performance as a starter this season.
      Yup he ran a lot, pressed tirelessly, was good when he had the ball and linked up well with his teammates and basically kept that level of performance for the whole 90 minutes.

The Fulham fan's booeing him seemed like it was just giving him even more energy and determination.  :laugh:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #480: Feb 26, 2024 08:17:39 am
      Tireless, fearless and quality. He was there right to the end - that header at the death deserved to be a winner.

Was tracking back constantly - people forget how young he is, has to be one of the most experienced 20 year olds in world football.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #481: Mar 11, 2024 11:33:08 pm
      Believe he's racked up 100+ appearances. Not bad for a 20 yr old. Hopefully stays fit as I think he's getting more consistent.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,114 posts | 83 
      Reply #482: Mar 12, 2024 04:50:20 am
      I am still divided about this kid. Sometimes I think  :) and sometimes  ??? about him. He is slow, virtually no physical presence, but good ball skill and eye for a pass, kind of like a younger version of Shaq. I think he most definitely will make a good bench player to ensure proper depth but can he be a starting caliber player when everyone is fit and it's a CL final? I have no doubt Bradley has that potential, but Harvey? But still very early, he is still 3 years from hitting his prime.

Quick Reply