Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Harvey Elliott Player Thread (M)

Read 70786 times
      srslfc and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Harvey Elliott Player Thread (M)
      Jul 28, 2019 10:29:31 am
      Liverpool FC confirm signing of Harvey Elliott
      Liverpool FC can confirm the signing of Harvey Elliott from Fulham.

The 16-year-old winger joins the club after making three senior appearances for the Cottagers last season.

Elliott became the youngest debutant in Premier League history when he featured against Wolverhampton Wanderers – aged 16 years and 30 days – in May.

The England youth international will now be part of the Liverpool squad for Sunday’s friendly against Napoli in Edinburgh and the subsequent training camp in Evian.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/358354-liverpool-fc-confirm-signing-of-harvey-elliott?fbclid=IwAR2ulYYIKEZyXyjbFvOJM30nHpj4-OT-G7pVYrCAxJn7k_XuuvrvkPFeGns
      « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2022 01:54:22 pm by RedPuppy »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Harvey Elliott Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jul 28, 2019 12:32:20 pm
      Welcome to the party Harvey :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Jul 28, 2019 12:36:41 pm
      yay another player to be loaned out and sold in a few years time!
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 28, 2019 01:31:34 pm

Why so cynical dude?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4: Jul 28, 2019 01:48:44 pm

How many of these youngsters ever make the grade with us?  I see it as a cynical profit making scheme from the club, buy a promising youngster for peanuts, loan them out for a few years then sell them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5: Jul 28, 2019 02:01:08 pm

its a state of mind and until we sign Messi,Mbappe and Bale he isn't going to change. Its great to see someone with so much talent and potential choosing Liverpool and he is in the squad for todays game and he is going to Evian so lets see how good this lad is.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #6: Jul 28, 2019 07:07:39 pm

How many of these youngsters ever make the grade with us?  I see it as a cynical profit making scheme from the club, buy a promising youngster for peanuts, loan them out for a few years then sell them.

Moneyball, no? FSG have been doing this since they bought the club!

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2019 07:13:42 pm by HUYTON RED »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7: Jul 28, 2019 07:09:21 pm

This guy has actually already played in the Prem - he hadn’t even pulled on a shirt and you have dismissed him already.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #8: Jul 28, 2019 08:54:44 pm
      First five posts on this guy's player thread, the kid hasn't even F***ing stepped on a field wearing red and already someone has begun the endless cycle of complaining. F***ing hell...

Anyway - he seems to be a young promising player; I for one am excited to see his development.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #9: Jul 28, 2019 09:14:59 pm
      First five posts on this guy's player thread, the kid hasn't even F***ing stepped on a field wearing red and already someone has begun the endless cycle of complaining. F***ing hell...

Anyway - he seems to be a young promising player; I for one am excited to see his development.

Still needs a F***ing haircut!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #10: Jul 28, 2019 09:22:10 pm
      Whatever happened to a short back and sides. Bring back national service !
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #11: Jul 28, 2019 10:37:13 pm
      its a state of mind and until we sign Messi,Mbappe and Bale he isn't going to change. Its great to see someone with so much talent and potential choosing Liverpool and he is in the squad for todays game and he is going to Evian so lets see how good this lad is.

In fairness he looked promising, certainly more than Origi did.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12: Jul 28, 2019 10:38:21 pm
      This guy has actually already played in the Prem - he hadn’t even pulled on a shirt and you have dismissed him already.

No not at all, just seen it happen to a lot of our young recruits recently, loaned out a few years then sold.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #13: Jul 29, 2019 05:43:29 am
      I want to see us splash a bit of cash but no issues with the 2 signings we have made so far. Got to plan long term and short.

I hope he goes well.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #14: Jul 29, 2019 06:04:10 am
      We're buying potential here, if he's good enough, he will play in the first team.

With hairs like that, can he head the ball? ;D
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #15: Jul 29, 2019 10:50:07 am
      Welcome to LFC boy :D
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #16: Jul 30, 2019 08:41:29 pm
      No not at all, just seen it happen to a lot of our young recruits recently, loaned out a few years then sold.

That’s been happening for years though - players who showed lots of talent as youngsters for one reason or another don’t make the grade and the club move them in to free up space for others

How many young players have we let go of in recent years who have gone on to prove us wrong? I’m struggling to think of many

This kid already has EPL experience ... hopefully he will make it and we’ll be talking about him on here for many years to come!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17: Jul 30, 2019 08:57:46 pm
      That’s been happening for years though - players who showed lots of talent as youngsters for one reason or another don’t make the grade and the club move them in to free up space for others

How many young players have we let go of in recent years who have gone on to prove us wrong? I’m struggling to think of many

This kid already has EPL experience ... hopefully he will make it and we’ll be talking about him on here for many years to come!

Happens at every club mate
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18: Jul 30, 2019 09:21:47 pm
      Welcome to the club, kid.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #19: Jul 31, 2019 03:27:41 pm

I was referring more to the cynical nature of it, signing a young promising player, loaning him out and selling for a profit rather than letting him develop and really break through at his home club
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #20: Jul 31, 2019 05:12:06 pm
      I was referring more to the cynical nature of it, signing a young promising player, loaning him out and selling for a profit rather than letting him develop and really break through at his home club

If anyone is being a cynic, it is you that you truly think we're buying these young kids with the pure intent being to profit. How often do we sign a player and immediately loan him out? Show us the numbers so you can backup your claim. Players line Alan who had work visa issues do not count.

Loaning players can make a lot of sense. The % that make it to the first team is probably not all that high, especially at a club like Liverpool with higher quality standards, so you need quantity to be able to hit on a few and there simply isn't enough room, or competition, for a youth player to always stay with us and not be loaned out.

There will come a time when a player is needing a bigger challenge and has to go on loan because he's too good for U18 or U23 but not good enough to take a spot on the main squad. What would have Wilson achieved the past 2 years in the U23s? Or Grujic?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #21: Jul 31, 2019 07:41:03 pm
      Ok so i  know the lads only had a cup o tea with the club,but if ya didn't know he was 16 from Fulham...impressive.
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 49 
      Reply #22: Jul 31, 2019 07:41:20 pm
      Really like the look of this kid, apart from his hair of course

Quick Reply