Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Harvey Elliott Player Thread (M)

Read 70749 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Harvey Elliott Player Thread
      Reply #46: Sep 26, 2019 09:39:47 am
      Looks like we have a cracking prospect at the club in young Elliott. His talent is there for all to say but I was also ImPressed with his decision making, young players often try and do too much but he generally kept things simple, moved the ball quickly, passed it well. Could definitely see him as a regular option off the bench come the 2nd half of the season.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hNkBE0R7vNA

He's a great prospect but in my opinion not close to being a first team player yet. He is however about the only one of our youngsters who really excites me, Curtis Jones is extremely average and seems petrified of taking a defender on or having a shot and Brewster is not that impressive either. Hoever looks quite good though as does the goalkeeper Kelleher.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #47: Sep 26, 2019 09:41:56 am
      Very impresive game last night well impressed
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #48: Sep 26, 2019 10:33:09 am
      He's a great prospect but in my opinion not close to being a first team player yet. He is however about the only one of our youngsters who really excites me, Curtis Jones is extremely average and seems petrified of taking a defender on or having a shot and Brewster is not that impressive either. Hoever looks quite good though as does the goalkeeper Kelleher.

Oh for F**k sake!!!

Jones and Brewster are cracking player's and showed a lot of maturity in the game last night they definitely have a big future here.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #49: Sep 26, 2019 10:40:42 am
      Oh for f**k sake!!!

Jones and Brewster are cracking player's and showed a lot of maturity in the game last night they definitely have a big future here.

Not from what I saw, several times I saw Jones on the ball and he dithered and chose a safe option of passing the ball to a team mate and Brewster struggled to get a pass not to overshoot by 5 m. BTW this is all based on the second half, I didn't see much of the attack in the first half.

BTW I'm not saying that they don't have bright futures, just that they are a long way from the first team.

I was particularly disappointed with Brewster who has been talked up as if he's the new Fowler or Owen, sadly he's not even close from what I can see so far.

Remember that they were facing a 3rd division defence and sh*te goalkeeper, they should have been scoring for fun like Chelsea were.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #50: Sep 26, 2019 11:12:55 am
      Help me Jebus!

You were AT the match and these are the conclusions you draw??!!!

Did you actually watch the match or were you busy telling everyone on social media you were at the match??
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #51: Sep 26, 2019 12:15:30 pm

He’s played one and a half games for us in competitive football, before that he absolutely smashed pre-season last year.

As for afraid to take a shot, man of the match Jones had 4 shots, 2 blocked and 2 on target. Was unlucky not to score.

As for Elliot, of course he’s not close to being a first team player for us...he’s a little over 16!! If he was ready then he’d probably be about to become the greatest player of all time!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #52: Sep 26, 2019 12:41:41 pm
      Not from what I saw, several times I saw Jones on the ball and he dithered and chose a safe option of passing the ball to a team mate and Brewster struggled to get a pass not to overshoot by 5 m. BTW this is all based on the second half, I didn't see much of the attack in the first half.

BTW I'm not saying that they don't have bright futures, just that they are a long way from the first team.

I was particularly disappointed with Brewster who has been talked up as if he's the new Fowler or Owen, sadly he's not even close from what I can see so far.

Remember that they were facing a 3rd division defence and sh*te goalkeeper, they should have been scoring for fun like Chelsea were.

So it isn't Brewster, Elliott or Jones Salah will be dropped for. Got it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #53: Sep 26, 2019 12:58:56 pm
      Help me Jebus!

You were AT the match and these are the conclusions you draw??!!!

Did you actually watch the match or were you busy telling everyone on social media you were at the match??

Not just me, if you'd been at the match you'd have also heard the voices of discontent at Jones failing time after time to take on the defender for example or Brewster over hitting yet another cross. Perhaps it looked better on TV.

Again I'm not saying that any of these players are sh*t, just that I wasn't blown away by any of them with the exception of Elliott who does look a very good prospect.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #54: Sep 26, 2019 01:00:37 pm

He’s played one and a half games for us in competitive football, before that he absolutely smashed pre-season last year.

As for afraid to take a shot, man of the match Jones had 4 shots, 2 blocked and 2 on target. Was unlucky not to score.

As for Elliot, of course he’s not close to being a first team player for us...he’s a little over 16!! If he was ready then he’d probably be about to become the greatest player of all time!

As I have said I did not see our attacks in the first half, or at least I didn't see which individual player was shooting etc, so I can only judge it on the second half, perhaps those young lads ran out of steam a bit towards the end.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #55: Sep 26, 2019 01:01:52 pm
      So it isn't Brewster, Elliott or Jones Salah will be dropped for. Got it

No and that is the problem, we still don't have any quality cover for our forwards, I hope it dosn't become an issue for us. Origi can do an ok job but other than that we are a bit fu**ed.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #56: Sep 26, 2019 05:00:54 pm
      Elliott needs to continue to improve to be seen in our XI. He has years in favour of him. Woodburn was better than him but did not continue to progress. Harvey needs to work harder now!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #57: Sep 26, 2019 06:01:01 pm
      16 year old kid, makes his debut, has a decent game, usual dickhead picks him to pieces.

How depressingly predictable.

Jones also had a decent game.

Brewster barely got any service, had to drop deep, and although he didn't do much wrong, he didn't relly catch the eye either.
      He'll have plenty more opportunities though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #58: Sep 26, 2019 08:13:29 pm
      Those two balls he played over in the first half were delicious. A big talent and ridiculously good for his age.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #59: Sep 26, 2019 08:48:24 pm
      Elliott needs to continue to improve to be seen in our XI. He has years in favour of him. Woodburn was better than him but did not continue to progress. Harvey needs to work harder now!

I disagree, Elliott is better already than Woodburn was, plus he shows so much more promise. I never quite understood the hype around Woodburn.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #60: Sep 26, 2019 08:49:42 pm
      16 year old kid, makes his debut, has a decent game, usual dickhead picks him to pieces.

How depressingly predictable.

Jones also had a decent game.

Brewster barely got any service, had to drop deep, and although he didn't do much wrong, he didn't relly catch the eye either.
      He'll have plenty more opportunities though.

Who's picking Elliott apart, I said he played very well but is not quite ready for first team yet.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #61: Sep 27, 2019 12:32:01 am
      Wow what a performance from a 16 year old. If t wasn't for the f**king woodwork twice, we would have had the youngest ever player to score for Liverpool, on our hands.

This kid has a cracking future and hope he gets to develop it with us.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2019 12:43:49 am by AussieRed »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #62: Sep 27, 2019 09:03:37 am
      Wow what a performance from a 16 year old. If t wasn't for the f**king woodwork twice, we would have had the youngest ever player to score for Liverpool, on our hands.

I totally agree with you,I thought the lad had an excellent match.If he continues to play like that the future does indeed look good for us.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #63: Sep 27, 2019 09:27:57 am

Lolololol klopp is pure class eh
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #64: Sep 27, 2019 04:41:52 pm

Time will tell but I would not be surprised if this lad racks up between 10-15 first team appearances this season. He is very quick, he also looks like a strong lad (notice he shielded theball before passing in to a teammate despite defenders being in his back). He also made some good decisions on the ball and then picked the right moments to try some skill. And when he did that you could see he is a bit special. Most excited I have been about a youngster coming through since Sterling was in the Academy.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #65: Sep 27, 2019 05:57:06 pm
      I disagree, Elliott is better already than Woodburn was, plus he shows so much more promise. I never quite understood the hype around Woodburn.

It's about opinions, Woodburn was more deadly!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #66: Sep 27, 2019 07:50:52 pm
      It's about opinions, Woodburn was more deadly!

Really? He’s got 2 goals at first team level in about 40 games and from what I can gather, has struggled to make an impression at Oxford, in the same way as his failed loan at Sheffield. Elliot would have matched that on his debut for us is if it wasn’t for the bar.

Feel a lot more optimistic about Elliot than Woodburn, when Woodburn made his debut it was early days with Klopp and I think that due to the playing squad back then being far from the level it is now, we were almost pushing Woodburn to be the next breakthrough star. With Elliot it feels like more of a natural integration for him into the team.

I’d be surprised if Woodburn isn’t sold on in the summer, or he will just keep being loaned until his contract expires. But like you say, it’s all about opinions.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #67: Oct 11, 2019 05:20:39 pm
      Banned for two weeks for the Kane vid.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #68: Oct 11, 2019 06:05:53 pm