Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Harvey Elliott Player Thread (M)

Read 70757 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Harvey Elliott Player Thread
      Reply #138: Dec 22, 2020 11:39:36 pm
      Mo ain't going nowhere!!!!

Unless you are talking about 3 years time, then maybe I can understand your post.

He will be the one to step in whenever Mo moves on. Whether that’s sooner or later is up to Mo.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #139: Dec 22, 2020 11:55:36 pm
      He will be the one to step in whenever Mo moves on. Whether that’s sooner or later is up to Mo.

I heard a new contract is about to be put on the table for Mo to consider, hope he signs it and retires a Legend here, he's already a Legend in my eyes!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #140: Jan 24, 2021 04:31:25 pm
      Another assist
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #141: Jan 24, 2021 08:00:29 pm

Best LFC player atm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #142: Feb 11, 2021 10:44:56 am
      We have been ordered to pay 4.3 million for the lad......a bargain that.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #143: Feb 11, 2021 04:04:06 pm

Yes, was glad to see the club didn't bi*ch about it in their official statement.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #144: Feb 11, 2021 04:22:54 pm

From the looks of it so far, definitely. Still a long way to go before we know if he can be a starting player for a team like Liverpool.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #145: Feb 24, 2021 09:49:59 pm
      Scores again

Cant wait to get this lad back
      Jurgenabelieveus
      • Banned

• 48 posts | 11 
      Reply #146: Mar 01, 2021 04:02:18 pm
      On sky tomorrow night against  Reading

Think he will be back as a major first team player next season, when he first went away I thought he might need a couple of loans before he would be ready, but at the same time I’m always wary of players going out on too many, like Harry Wilson for example, he was never going to make it here after probably the Derby loan but certainly after the Bournemouth one.. They either go out and mature and improve quickly to show they can make that step up or they go the other way and prove that unfortunately they are quite good enough for the top level.

Harvey has been very impressive at Blackburn, so much so that I genuinely believe he has shown he has what it takes, he slight stature isn’t an issue in the rough and tumble of the championship and his quality is showing to not be lacking either

Now he has the confidence he needs to be under Jurgens tutelage and playing and improving with the world class players we have around him

Can’t wait to watch him develop
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #147: Mar 02, 2021 08:35:56 pm
      Oh Harvey need to get rid their pal
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #148: Mar 02, 2021 09:31:44 pm
      Poor from what I saw and subbed off.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #149: Mar 03, 2021 07:34:41 am
      Iin his position you have to be exceptional. Needs more time and more games yet than to be a squad option for us.
      Jurgenabelieveus
      • Banned

• 48 posts | 11 
      Reply #150: Mar 03, 2021 07:59:50 am
      Had an off night last night I think, can happen at his age

But I have a mate who is a Blackburn fan who thinks he’s the best talent he’s ever seen at that age week in week out

11 assists and 5 goals at 17 in a breakthrough season certainly shows he has something
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2021 08:11:31 am by Jurgenabelieveus »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #151: Mar 03, 2021 11:41:23 am
      Had an off night last night I think, can happen at his age

But I have a mate who is a Blackburn fan who thinks he’s the best talent he’s ever seen at that age week in week out

11 assists and 5 goals at 17 in a breakthrough season certainly shows he has something

Yeah I agree, by all accounts he's doing very well at Blackburn, just had a crap game last night.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #152: Apr 23, 2021 01:06:29 pm
      Keep forgetting about this lad. A bit of an "out of sight, out of mind" brain fart.

Only 18 still, I think, I wonder will Klopp send him out on loan again, or will he keep him here and give him games next season?

If he keeps developing, he could be a great player, but as ever, only time will tell.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #153: Apr 23, 2021 07:13:52 pm
      He will be a great player, might be our only "only signing " next season
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #155: Apr 29, 2021 08:34:29 am
      I will keep him next year and play him the last 20 mins and he can change a match easily.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #156: Apr 29, 2021 08:56:52 am
      Nominated for a player of the year award for the efl
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #157: Apr 29, 2021 07:04:20 pm
      Nominated for a player of the year award for the efl

No doubt he deserves it
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #158: Apr 29, 2021 11:29:58 pm
      Harvey's class but it's finding a position in the side for him.

He's not a forward. Shouldn't be anywhere near the front 3.

You could see in his first game for us how he sees stuff around him. His vision is his greatest strength; his passing is excellent; his first touch. These are midfielder qualities. He was 16 in that game I think, possibly even only 15, but had the vision that most 25-year old top level pros would be proud to have.

We don't play with a 10 and it's difficult to imagine we are ever going to as Klopp seems allied to his 4-3-3, rightly so as it's brought us Big Ears 6 and our two highest points tallies in the league ever. So Harvey as a 10 is probably out for the next 3 years (assuming JK leaves in 2024).

That leaves him playing as an 8, which is fine but is he a Klopp 8? A kind of tactical 8 who looks for oppo counter attacks to shut them down, keeps the passing simple and largely out to the full backs high up the pitch? Not for me.

So it'll be another season-long loan I think, to a Premier League club this time, or equivalent. Somewhere of higher standard but where he gets a game here and there rather than 2-games-a-week slog for the likes of Blackburn. Then re-assess in summer 2022.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #159: Apr 30, 2021 01:36:13 pm
      Harvey's class but it's finding a position in the side for him.

He's not a forward. Shouldn't be anywhere near the front 3.

You could see in his first game for us how he sees stuff around him. His vision is his greatest strength; his passing is excellent; his first touch. These are midfielder qualities. He was 16 in that game I think, possibly even only 15, but had the vision that most 25-year old top level pros would be proud to have.

We don't play with a 10 and it's difficult to imagine we are ever going to as Klopp seems allied to his 4-3-3, rightly so as it's brought us Big Ears 6 and our two highest points tallies in the league ever. So Harvey as a 10 is probably out for the next 3 years (assuming JK leaves in 2024).

That leaves him playing as an 8, which is fine but is he a Klopp 8? A kind of tactical 8 who looks for oppo counter attacks to shut them down, keeps the passing simple and largely out to the full backs high up the pitch? Not for me.

So it'll be another season-long loan I think, to a Premier League club this time, or equivalent. Somewhere of higher standard but where he gets a game here and there rather than 2-games-a-week slog for the likes of Blackburn. Then re-assess in summer 2022.

I think there's a danger in putting numbers from a time and systems that no longer really exist onto modern teams, especially Klopp's.

Klopp's fluid system means that the player who finds themself in "the 10 position" plays the "10 role".
      He explained all this in great detail in a Sky interview a couple of years back.

There are very few fixed positions in Klopp's way of playing. What he looks for is the intelligence to adapt to a position if a player finds himself in it.
      So, speaking of Firmino, he wears 9, but he plays more as an old fashioned 10, and at times, an 8.
      He doesn't "lead the line" in the way a 9 would years ago, and is a kind of forward playmaker who also drops deep.

Fabinho, nominally a DM (a 6 in old money) can be found out wide, pushing up and as a 3rd CB.

So, to me the old, more rigid positions become a bit meaningless in Klopp's systems, and as such, I wouldn't stick a label on a player and say that he couldn't do this or that.
      I'd wait and see how Klopp plays him.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #160: May 08, 2021 05:37:09 pm
      Lad is class. Simple.

Quick Reply