Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Harvey Elliott Player Thread (M)

Read 70818 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Harvey Elliott Player Thread
      Reply #253: Sep 13, 2021 12:18:34 pm
      F***ing gutted. It hurt me when it happened just watching it, can only imagine the extreme pain the young glad had.

Get better soon Harvey. We be waiting for ya!

The lad seems to have good head on his shoulders and took it well. Looking a nice prospect though for you lot!  :f_tongueincheek:
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #254: Sep 13, 2021 12:55:52 pm
      I think this hurts our team this season as he has been a revelation in terms of both energy and quality.

I do not agree. For me he just played because Hendo came back late and because Klopp does not want to risk too much game time with Keita. Elliott is a prospect but right now he cannot be as good as veterans like Hendo or Keita.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #255: Sep 13, 2021 02:07:25 pm
      I do not agree. For me he just played because Hendo came back late and because Klopp does not want to risk too much game time with Keita. Elliott is a prospect but right now he cannot be as good as veterans like Hendo or Keita.

The lad has started every game so far this season hasn't he? Klopp clearly likes him very much. He could have played Hendo, Milner, Ox or Keita at the weekend and went with young Harvey. If he cannot be as good as "veterans like Keita' how come Keita can't get anywhere near the side? It's a real loss for me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #256: Sep 13, 2021 02:34:42 pm
      The lad has started every game so far this season hasn't he? Klopp clearly likes him very much. He could have played Hendo, Milner, Ox or Keita at the weekend and went with young Harvey. If he cannot be as good as "veterans like Keita' how come Keita can't get anywhere near the side? It's a real loss for me.

It's pretty obvious Klopp sees him as one for right now and very important. In that respect it's a huge loss.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #257: Sep 13, 2021 02:45:10 pm
      F***ing gutted. It hurt me when it happened just watching it, can only imagine the extreme pain the young glad had.

Same here.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #258: Sep 13, 2021 04:39:04 pm

What was weird was Harvey was clapping the Leeds supporters, I would have been screaming in pain
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #259: Sep 13, 2021 04:46:59 pm
      What was weird was Harvey was clapping the Leeds supporters, I would have been screaming in pain

Saw him doing that, was an amazing gesture.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #260: Sep 13, 2021 07:25:51 pm

He'd had five minutes of gas and air by then.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #261: Sep 14, 2021 06:24:25 am

You really think the 18y. kid was better than veterans like Hendo or Keita? Klopp didn‘t play Hendo because he came home very late and is probably still a bit behind in terms of fitness. Klopp did not play Naby because he is very cautious due to his fragility. Milner and Jones are not fit. If last week we had a CL final, Klopp would have played Fab-Hendo-Thiago/Keita with Milner as first choice in case of substitution. Klopp knows that now is the time to give vets some breaks and build up youngsters. That is my opinion. There is no chance you can be as good as some 25-30y. old PL veteran with just 18y., even if your name was Messi. Another story is that Elliott has the potential to become better than Hendo or Keita ever were. Yes, I‘d agree.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #262: Sep 14, 2021 10:36:47 am
      Great maturity from the lad, not blaming the player for the tackle & believing it was not a red card offence, both points I agree with Harvey..

Wish Harvey a speedy recovery & can’t wait to see him playing for us again, one silky smooth stroker of the ball...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #263: Sep 14, 2021 11:06:17 am
      Great maturity from the lad, not blaming the player for the tackle & believing it was not a red card offence, both points I agree with Harvey..

Wish Harvey a speedy recovery & can’t wait to see him playing for us again, one silky smooth stroker of the ball...

I'm not sure if it wasn't a red mate. I don't like lunging tackles from behind. The player with the ball has no idea what's coming and unless it's timed perfectly can cause serious damage like with Harvey. There was no malice in the challenge at all but it's still a dangerous one. It's a tricky one for sure.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #264: Sep 14, 2021 11:48:12 am
      You really think the 18y. kid was better than veterans like Hendo or Keita? Klopp didn‘t play Hendo because he came home very late and is probably still a bit behind in terms of fitness. Klopp did not play Naby because he is very cautious due to his fragility. Milner and Jones are not fit. If last week we had a CL final, Klopp would have played Fab-Hendo-Thiago/Keita with Milner as first choice in case of substitution. Klopp knows that now is the time to give vets some breaks and build up youngsters. That is my opinion. There is no chance you can be as good as some 25-30y. old PL veteran with just 18y., even if your name was Messi. Another story is that Elliott has the potential to become better than Hendo or Keita ever were. Yes, I‘d agree.

Course Harvey will be a loss and was playing well but to think that likes of Keita and Hendo cannot do equally or even better is horse sh*t to be honest
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #265: Sep 14, 2021 12:33:08 pm
      Course Harvey will be a loss and was playing well but to think that likes of Keita and Hendo cannot do equally or even better is horse sh*t to be honest

Harvey gave us a bit of an x factor as oppositions don't know him yet.  He's also fearless and works extremely hard at an intense pace so we will miss his energy.

He will be a loss for sure so fingers crossed we don't rack up any more injuries.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #266: Sep 14, 2021 02:13:17 pm
      I'm not sure if it wasn't a red mate. I don't like lunging tackles from behind. The player with the ball has no idea what's coming and unless it's timed perfectly can cause serious damage like with Harvey. There was no malice in the challenge at all but it's still a dangerous one. It's a tricky one for sure.

Was basically a scissor tackle at full speed with Harvey not having the benefit of knowing it was coming. Deservedly a red and the kind of thing the league needs to focus on and try and eliminate. But of course, now with them wanting to improve the "flow of the game" it will be more commonplace.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #267: Sep 14, 2021 02:40:43 pm
      Harvey gave us a bit of an x factor as oppositions don't know him yet.  He's also fearless and works extremely hard at an intense pace so we will miss his energy.

He will be a loss for sure so fingers crossed we don't rack up any more injuries.

He’ll definitely be a big loss. He was starting games because of his quality. Luckily we have plenty of numbers and quality in midfield to absorb the injury but it’s still a big hit.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #268: Sep 14, 2021 03:13:02 pm
      Think it was telling that Harvey was starting over the likes of Ox and Naby. Don't know whether that's just super positive for him or a bit negative towards the other two?
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #269: Sep 14, 2021 03:24:20 pm
      Think it was telling that Harvey was starting over the likes of Ox and Naby. Don't know whether that's just super positive for him or a bit negative towards the other two?

When you make a decision like that, it will usually be negative for the more experienced players and the young boy will get a boost. Even our captain didn't start. It's really up to the manager to manage the players. Man handling skill here is important. Most of us know what to do for a transfer and a match but how many of us are capable of handling 30 players, let alone train them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #270: Sep 14, 2021 05:44:50 pm
      You really think the 18y. kid was better than veterans like Hendo or Keita?

Could be!! Would you say an 18 year old Michael owen was better than a veteran like Meijer or that an 18 year Robbie Fowler was better than Clough or even a kid like Gerrard being better than Incey.

If they are, you play them.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #271: Sep 14, 2021 05:54:12 pm
      I think Harvey getting the nod over Hendo and Keita for the Leeds game was also about playing a midfield who would excel keeping possession. Same reason Thiago started. Some managers might try to match the Leeds midfields energy, but Klopp went for possession and control, which obviously worked perfectly.

I expected a big jump in Harvey's development this season, but I've still been surprised to see him starting the games week in week out. Which is why his injury is even more devastating, it's not only (temporarily) halted his development, but also taken away a good alternative option. I think there was the makings of a really dangerous and fluid right side with Trent, Elliot and Salah, shame we won't see it again for a while.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #272: Sep 14, 2021 07:19:46 pm
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #273: Sep 14, 2021 07:30:55 pm
      Great news that the Dr expects him to be involved by the end of the season!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #274: Sep 15, 2021 02:14:17 am
      He's still watching the game even on the Hospital Bed. Legend!  ;D

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #275: Sep 15, 2021 03:19:02 am
      Great news that the Dr expects him to be involved by the end of the season!

Yes. They won't give an exact timeline but were pretty emphatic about him returning this season so that is much more optimistic than I felt after the match Sunday. Great news indeed.

In fact that might even mean he could be back in with quite a bit of time this season yet.

Or maybe he's set to come off the bench vs. Milan...

Seriously though, great news for Harvey and the club.

Quick Reply