Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Harvey Elliott Player Thread (M)

Read 70727 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas, Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Harvey Elliott Player Thread (M)
      Reply #414: Sep 01, 2022 10:38:42 am
      He was superb once again. Loving his work-rate on and off the ball. He was in perpetual motion last night and i love how he makes the right decisions with the ball. That's the biggest difference between him and Jones, Curtis has all the ability in the world but zero football brain. Harvey does the right thing time and time again, he doesn't hold onto it too long and he's got a great weight of pass. Plus the ball sticks to his feet like an old football playstation game! Comfortably our best player thus far this season. Also i think we will see the best of him as and when Nunez is regularly in the side and performing well. As for our midfield being lightweight when he plays I disagree. He looks physically stronger to me and is pulling his weight. He marks, he tracks, he tackles.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #415: Sep 01, 2022 01:09:18 pm
      Him and Carvalho this season:

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #416: Sep 01, 2022 05:47:06 pm
      Coming along nicely let’s hope he isn’t overused with the other absent sick notes
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #417: Sep 07, 2022 10:32:03 pm
      Will post on here after being accused of being a Elliot hater I’m not but it’s clear to see he is not a CM and you could during the game with him drifting out wide like a number 10, which means Trent was coming infield and thus leaving a gaping hole.
      Of course this might have been instructions from Klopp but it’s clearly not working as we have seen most of this season.

Harvey though good lad will come good in a few years.
      « Last Edit: Sep 07, 2022 11:11:18 pm by HScRed1 »
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #418: Sep 07, 2022 11:08:08 pm
      Will post on here after being accused of being a Elliot hater I’m not but it’s clear to see he is not a CM and you could during the game him drifting out wide like a number 10, which means Trent was coming infield and thus leaving a gaping hole.
      Of course this might have been instructions from Klopp but it’s clearly not working as we have seen most of this season.

Harvey though good lad will come good in a few years.

I kind of half agree with this. i think that position actually is Harvey's best position. However, he doesn't offer the defensive strength of Hendo, which is a real problem with Trent's moments of defensive slackness. If we had a more traditional RB, Harvey would be good on the right of CM. But with Trent being so much of an attacking player, we need a right CM who can fill in when Trent goes forward, and Harvey isn't really good at doing that.

It's a shame, cos individually Harvey has actually played pretty well this season, but I think there is a real issue with the balance of the team when he plays in that position. (And this has been made worse by the fact Fabinho is having a poor start to the season.)
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #419: Oct 08, 2022 10:03:54 pm
      I think in the right position he could be like a peter Beardsley type player.
      If he doesn’t find that position he could end up like a David Thompson. Lots of energy and talent but no position of his own.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #420: Oct 09, 2022 01:42:01 pm

That would literally suit Diaz at the moment.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #421: Oct 09, 2022 01:43:04 pm
      If he doesn’t find that position he could end up like a David Thompson. Lots of energy and talent but no position of his own.

Far more potential in Harvey than there was in Thompson.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #422: Oct 09, 2022 02:18:55 pm
      its very sad to see some people already righting the lad off as he is learning his trade. Anyone who thinks Jürgen would play Harvey for any
      other reason than he believes in him is nuts. He is a rough diamond who is being polished and will shine .
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #423: Oct 27, 2022 07:18:32 pm
      Thought Elliot had a very good game last night
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #424: Oct 27, 2022 10:44:54 pm
      Sublime finish.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #425: Oct 28, 2022 10:20:17 pm
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #426: Oct 28, 2022 10:57:22 pm
      I kind of half agree with this. i think that position actually is Harvey's best position. However, he doesn't offer the defensive strength of Hendo, which is a real problem with Trent's moments of defensive slackness. If we had a more traditional RB, Harvey would be good on the right of CM. But with Trent being so much of an attacking player, we need a right CM who can fill in when Trent goes forward, and Harvey isn't really good at doing that.

It's a shame, cos individually Harvey has actually played pretty well this season, but I think there is a real issue with the balance of the team when he plays in that position. (And this has been made worse by the fact Fabinho is having a poor start to the season.)

Only just saw this. You're 100% spot on.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #427: Oct 29, 2022 10:28:15 am
      Only just saw this. You're 100% spot on.

Well I'm sorry if we are saying Elliott can't feature in his best position because our right back can't do his job properly then it isn't Harvey's fault. Time to get a right back who can do his job and let Harvey get on with his job.

I thought Harvey helped out milner well against city when he needed to. But he didn't have to babysit milner or cover for him when he was walking back 50 yards up the pitch.

Trent has talent ... but talent also needs hard work. Nobody is going to tell me trent is working hard on his game ... working hard to improve. I can see from his performances that he isn't. Gomez is an option there and Ramsay needs to be looked at now he's fit.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #428: Oct 29, 2022 12:27:58 pm
      Well I'm sorry if we are saying Elliott can't feature in his best position because our right back can't do his job properly then it isn't Harvey's fault. Time to get a right back who can do his job and let Harvey get on with his job.

I thought Harvey helped out milner well against city when he needed to. But he didn't have to babysit milner or cover for him when he was walking back 50 yards up the pitch.

Trent has talent ... but talent also needs hard work. Nobody is going to tell me trent is working hard on his game ... working hard to improve. I can see from his performances that he isn't. Gomez is an option there and Ramsay needs to be looked at now he's fit.

Never said Trent didn't need to work on his weaknesses. As good as he is already, it's pretty clear he does.
      But I'm also confident Harvey could be just as good on the left side of the midfield, just as he could improve his defensive input with experience. At the minute, it makes sense for him to focus on developping his all around game.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #429: Oct 29, 2022 01:32:15 pm
      Never said Trent didn't need to work on his weaknesses. As good as he is already, it's pretty clear he does.
      But I'm also confident Harvey could be just as good on the left side of the midfield, just as he could improve his defensive input with experience. At the minute, it makes sense for him to focus on developping his all around game.

He can play in midfield and that involves defensive duties. He didn't have to babysit milner yet the quote we are talking about said he can't play his best position as trent is such an attacking player. Nonsense.

Ad I said milner didn't need babysitting ... not Harvey's job to babysit for trent.

You agree trent needs to work on his weaknesses .... so do I. My point is I don't believe he is. He's got worse this season and a decent deadball or crossfield pass doesn't guarantee his place in the team. Offensively this season he's done next to nothing. Defensively he's been pathetic all round and he's lucky we've had issues with ramsay and at centre back.

Anyway this is Harvey's thread and he's worth his place in this team currently and if it were him or trent I'd be picking Harvey all day. The argument he doesn't fit in the team because defensively he isn't upto covering up for trents failures is nonsense
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #430: Oct 29, 2022 01:39:21 pm
      Well impressed keep it up
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #431: Oct 29, 2022 02:00:32 pm

if his progress is continued on the same path in two or three years time still a young man he will be world class.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #432: Oct 29, 2022 02:06:51 pm
      if his progress is continued on the same path in two or three years time still a young man he will be world class.

Hope so mate. Just this season I believe the improvement in his game is there for all to see. That comes with hard work and the experience he's picking up will be priceless. Mo seems to have took him under his wing. Cracking goal again the other night. Really happy with his development especially after such a bad injury. His attitude is spot on.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #433: Dec 31, 2022 03:04:23 pm
      He can’t play in a 433 midfield just isn’t strong or quick enough but probably more importantly he doesn’t have the defensive awareness to play the role.
      He looked ok in the 442 where that side of his game wasn’t required as much.

He looks and plays like a No10 but we don’t really play with that role.

Maybe he will develop the skills or just as likely we sell him on for a nice profit.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #434: Dec 31, 2022 03:46:50 pm
      He can’t play in a 433 midfield just isn’t strong or quick enough but probably more importantly he doesn’t have the defensive awareness to play the role.

Maybe he will develop the skills or just as likely we sell him on for a nice profit.

Disagree entirely

Way too early to write him off and we are no way near seeing his best at all, he can play in the role fine

It’s just he needs to improve a little with his decision making and final balls

He wouldn’t and shouldn’t be playing this much had klopp and co realised they needed a cm in the summer.

He’s clearly playing more games than required and out of necessity due to our injuries
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #435: Dec 31, 2022 05:35:53 pm

He's only 19, will be 20 in April. I think we forget how old he is because he made his league debut so young at Fulham and has been playing 1st team football for a long time. He still needs time to develop physically and needs to work on the positional/tactical part of his game.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #436: Jan 07, 2023 11:57:36 pm
      Lijinders or Klopp no idea what they see with Elliot in midfield, they keep persisting and it’s now got to the stage where the lad can’t even beat the first man with a cross. 🙁

Quick Reply