Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Burnley [Premier League] Sat 11th Jul @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 9th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Adrián San Miguel

Read 45236 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 2424 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Adrián San Miguel
      Reply #125: Mar 13, 2020 05:46:06 am
      He started well in the beginning of the season but he did too many errors. We will support him until he's ours.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,578 posts | 2856 
      Reply #126: Mar 13, 2020 01:23:44 pm
      Having watched both of the above and Adrian during their Liverpool careers it's a non-issue, he had a bad night during a point in extra time when the whole team tired. Pointing the finger at just Adrian is f**king stupid, he's no. 2 for a reason and isn't at the level Ali or Oblak is.

Spot on, and Ali has fu**ed up a few kicks as well.

It happens in those conditions.

Some people on here just f**king love a good old fashioned with hunt.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 388 posts | 50 
      Reply #127: Mar 14, 2020 08:57:30 am

jobbing Spanish goalie...top Spanish side.....just saying...
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,225 posts | 2333 
      Reply #128: Mar 14, 2020 09:52:37 am

jobbing Spanish goalie...top Spanish side.....just saying...

hmmmm, now I think of it they were suspiciously soft goals to concede. 2 of them were scored by a player who's only ever scored 3 goals previously in his career!

Just kidding :-)
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,816 posts | 73 
      Reply #129: Apr 14, 2020 10:32:18 am
      I think that we should buy another good GK to have as backup, even for 20 M. PSG, Man City, Real Madrid, Juventus all allow themselves to have more than decent backups and we have seen how it has costed us to rely on our no. 1 only. Adrian is simply not good enough for more than 1 or 2 games once in a while.
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,241 posts | 276 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #130: May 03, 2020 12:40:45 pm
      Thought early on in the season he was very consistent did a good job susspect he got nervous in the end imagine if Migs had have been in goal
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 2424 
      Reply #131: May 03, 2020 07:38:12 pm
      Thought early on in the season he was very consistent did a good job susspect he got nervous in the end imagine if Migs had have been in goal

Exactly, started well and helped us in the league run but at the end, his form reduced :(
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,473 posts | 2842 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #132: May 07, 2020 11:42:26 am
      Exactly, started well and helped us in the league run but at the end, his form reduced :(

He disappointed in the end.  A  welcome step up from Migs  but not LFC standard if truth be known.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,522 posts | 752 
      Reply #133: May 07, 2020 06:37:40 pm
      Jesus thought something had happened to him but it was just a whinebump.He's a back up keeper,he's fine,we're fine.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 2424 
      Reply #134: May 07, 2020 06:44:47 pm
      Would you keep him or keep Karius as back-up?

I think Adrian is already a cult in the squad and do not know about Karius.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 431 
      Reply #135: May 07, 2020 07:38:11 pm
      Jesus thought something had happened to him but it was just a whinebump.He's a back up keeper,he's fine,we're fine.

He's a good enough backup keeper for us, he had a run of poor form which came at a bad time but we shouldn't just go and buy a new backup keeper just because of that.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,225 posts | 2333 
      Reply #136: May 11, 2020 02:43:06 pm

He wasn't fine against Chelsea or Atletico was he, unless you and I have a very different definition of fine, mine for Goalkeepers is keeping the sodding ball out of the net on easily saved shots and at least 2 of Atletico's and 1 of Chelsea's were very saveable! ;-)

That loss to Atletico still bugs the sh*t out of me, such a c**t team to lose to
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,225 posts | 2333 
      Reply #137: May 11, 2020 02:45:16 pm
      Would you keep him or keep Karius as back-up?

I think Adrian is already a cult in the squad and do not know about Karius.

I misread that as "I think Adrian is already a c**t in the squad", I certainly imagine he felt like that after his last 2 games to Atletico and Chelsea!

He did an ok job at the start of the season, but if you remember he was far from a safe pair of hands and it was only when Allison came back into the team that the defence became rock solid again.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,522 posts | 752 
      Reply #138: May 11, 2020 04:22:40 pm
      He wasn't fine against Chelsea or Atletico was he, unless you and I have a very different definition of fine, mine for Goalkeepers is keeping the sodding ball out of the net on easily saved shots and at least 2 of Atletico's and 1 of Chelsea's were very saveable! ;-)

That loss to Atletico still bugs the sh*t out of me, such a c**t team to lose to

I'm not arsed.Back up keeper.If he's here whenever the new season starts o.k. if he's not o.k.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,439 posts | 4473 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #139: May 11, 2020 05:13:08 pm

I'm not arsed.Back up keeper.If he's here whenever the new season starts o.k. if he's not o.k.

You're not arsed? I am, if we had a better backup keeper then we'd have likely been wondering what will happen with our pursuit of number 7. Instead, it's completely irrelevant for us.

Nothing against Adrian but his head has gone, and when keepers lose their head with us, they become a massive liability. Karius never recovered and going by Adrian's career as a mediocre keeper throughout his career, it suggests he wont either.

Fair enough he's played his part but he's been incredibly shaky in nearly all of his games, his luck just ran out and stopped getting away with it. Yes he arguably won us the Super Cup, but it doesn't take a top class keeper to guess the right way on a penalty shootout. It's an area we need to address, it's not often they are needed as much as Adrian has been this season, but none the less, we need to have a good quality keeper who is actually suited to our style of play and that can confidently and reliably cover. It was clear the defence were losing more and more confidence with him behind them and that's a situation we can't afford to have repeated because in knockout games, the mistakes can cost you the competition and that's exactly what happened with a poor performance vs Chelsea and then Atletico. Both games he looked incredibly nervous and we paid the price with waving goodbye to the FA Cup and CL.

Wish him all the best but I hope we don't see him lining up for us again.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,760 posts | 4473 
      Reply #140: May 11, 2020 05:15:04 pm

Could be worse, it could be what Karius did against Real!!

As a back up keeper he'll do
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,522 posts | 752 
      Reply #141: May 11, 2020 05:47:29 pm
      You're not arsed? I am, if we had a better backup keeper then we'd have likely been wondering what will happen with our pursuit of number 7. Instead, it's completely irrelevant for us.

He didn't play in the first game,in which i think, we didn't have a f**king shot on goal but yeah scapegoat the back up keeper for our failure and not the glory boys.o.k.Until we are linked with another number one to bench sit,there's no point to  :f_wah:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,439 posts | 4473 
      Reply #142: May 11, 2020 06:28:58 pm

He didn't play in the first game,in which i think, we didn't have a f**king shot on goal but yeah scapegoat the back up keeper for our failure and not the glory boys.o.k.Until we are linked with another number one to bench sit,there's no point to  :f_wah:

Ties aren't won in the first leg, Barca can testify to that. So it doesn't matter if we had a shot in the first game or not because that has no baring on Adrian making 2 howlers and being dogdy all game.

Not a case of being a scapegoat. Were we, or were we not in a position to progress until his 2 errors? By which point we had made amends for not having a shot in the first leg because we'd turned it around.

Why is it when a player who makes such a basic mistake gets criticised for it, it is deemed scapegoating? It's not, it's fact. Not interested in scapgoating anyone, but we had the lead, all we had to do was see it out, Virgil even told him where to play the ball but he ignored it.
      As for the "glory boys", you mean the ones that have stepped up time and time again and are a large part of the reason we have the success and superiority we have today? I think they've played their part enough to be excused not managing to break down one of the most stubborn defences on their own turf in a game that was set out to stifle them.

If you are happy for mediocre as cover then that's up to you, I'd just rather have a player who can be relied upon. After his Chelsea showing, I think anyone who says they weren't concerned about him going into the Atletico game would be lying through their teeth. And if you are happy with that mediocre then why didn't you just call for us to keep Migs or Karius? All 3 of them are a massively liability and will cost you goals and games when it matters most, and it seems people are okay with a liability as back up because he's exactly that...backup.

To play for this team you have to be able to handle pressure because the quality and demand is so high, Adrian unfortunately showed he can't handle that pressure. Not his fault, you either can or you can't. But hopefully next season Alisson will have a lot more luck with injuries and this wont even be an issue about his cover.
      « Last Edit: May 11, 2020 07:00:46 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 2424 
      Reply #143: May 12, 2020 02:56:37 pm
      I misread that as "I think Adrian is already a c**t in the squad", I certainly imagine he felt like that after his last 2 games to Atletico and Chelsea!

He did an ok job at the start of the season, but if you remember he was far from a safe pair of hands and it was only when Allison came back into the team that the defence became rock solid again.

So would you keep him or Karius?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,522 posts | 752 
      Reply #144: May 12, 2020 04:54:15 pm
      Ties aren't won in the first leg, Barca can testify to that. So it doesn't matter if we had a shot in the first game or not because that has no baring on Adrian making 2 howlers and being dogdy all game.

Not a case of being a scapegoat. Were we, or were we not in a position to progress until his 2 errors? By which point we had made amends for not having a shot in the first leg because we'd turned it around.

Why is it when a player who makes such a basic mistake gets criticised for it, it is deemed scapegoating? It's not, it's fact. Not interested in scapgoating anyone, but we had the lead, all we had to do was see it out, Virgil even told him where to play the ball but he ignored it.
      As for the "glory boys", you mean the ones that have stepped up time and time again and are a large part of the reason we have the success and superiority we have today? I think they've played their part enough to be excused not managing to break down one of the most stubborn defences on their own turf in a game that was set out to stifle them.

If you are happy for mediocre as cover then that's up to you, I'd just rather have a player who can be relied upon. After his Chelsea showing, I think anyone who says they weren't concerned about him going into the Atletico game would be lying through their teeth. And if you are happy with that mediocre then why didn't you just call for us to keep Migs or Karius? All 3 of them are a massively liability and will cost you goals and games when it matters most, and it seems people are okay with a liability as back up because he's exactly that...backup.

To play for this team you have to be able to handle pressure because the quality and demand is so high, Adrian unfortunately showed he can't handle that pressure. Not his fault, you either can or you can't. But hopefully next season Alisson will have a lot more luck with injuries and this wont even be an issue about his cover.

Of course ya can win a tie in the first leg,good grief ? But yep over 180 minutes of  football the only thing that mattered was adrians error,so this team game is all a load of bollox. That's scapegoating,if Becker does it then what,oh well sh*t happens? back up keeper does it and ALL YOUR FAULT. as i said i'm  not arsed if he stays or goes but it wasn't one guys fault we lost that tie.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,439 posts | 4473 
      Reply #145: May 12, 2020 05:31:14 pm
      Of course ya can win a tie in the first leg,good grief ?

That’s what Barca thought beating us 3-0 and not having to face Firmino and Salah in the return leg.

Tell me how it’s possible to win a tie in the first leg? I’d love to know how other than by winning by something like 8-0.

But yep over 180 minutes of  football the only thing that mattered was adrians error,so this team game is all a load of bollox. That's scapegoating,if Becker does it then what,oh well sh*t happens? back up keeper does it and ALL YOUR FAULT.

Ultimately it was the only thing that mattered because it was his mistake that took us from a winning position to a losing position. Enlighten me what else mattered? The rest of the team played a damn good match and were let down by the keeper, who when called upon was a disaster waiting to happen from kick off. I don’t give a sh*t who the player is, if it’s Adrian or Alisson that made them mistakes, whoever it was is accountable. Could not give the tiniest damn in the world if it’s a backup keeper or first choice keeper. Sorry to disappoint but I don’t play them games. I will criticise and a I will say how good something was regardless of the player and role in the team.

You seem to fail to grasp my question so I will ask it again. Were we, or were we not ahead and only having to see the game out at the time of Adrians mistake?

I remember after his Chelsea horror show I said about him now playing under pressure and how it could impact him and you completely dismissed it on the basis that he’d played a Super Cup Final and we had Bournemouth next. Well, we all saw what he’s like under pressure now, a very nervy and sketchy performance vs Bournemouth and then followed by a night that didn’t end well for our search of number 7.
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2020 05:49:42 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,522 posts | 752 
      Reply #146: May 12, 2020 06:25:05 pm
      Ah jesus can't believe i'm playing this game but hey.Look if the team had played so good we would not have gone to extra time,no? goals win games and we couldn't score in the proverbial spanish whore house over two games! 
                                                                                               And as far as winning a tie after one leg,loads, not just say battering Porto 5-0 but even say Gratz in 2004-05 won 2-0 at their place it's over.don't care they won at anfield didn't matter,we've done it loads of times,kill a tie away first leg.You could almost say we are famous for it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,439 posts | 4473 
      Reply #147: May 12, 2020 06:37:21 pm
      Ah jesus can't believe i'm playing this game but hey.Look if the team had played so good we would not have gone to extra time,no? goals win games and we couldn't score in the proverbial spanish whore house over two games! 
                                                                                               And as far as winning a tie after one leg,loads, not just say battering Porto 5-0 but even say Gratz in 2004-05 won 2-0 at their place it's over.don't care they won at anfield didn't matter,we've done it loads of times,kill a tie away first leg.You could almost say we are famous for it.

That’s not true at all, Oblak had a damn good game, he’s the reason they managed to make it to extra time.

Good grief. A 2-0 away win deemed killing a tie, the fact they beat us in the return leg suggests it wasn’t killed as much as you may like. Also given the standard of our team back then, I’d say any game in Europe was far from killed off in the first leg.

You’ve still not answered my question so for the 3rd time; Were we, or were we not in a position to go through until his mistakes?

It’s not a difficult question to answer, or is it because until that point we had made a mends for not scoring in the first leg the reason why you won’t answer it? Bemoan this conversation all you like, maybe if you answer the question instead of making excuses then it wouldn’t have dragged on this long.

And no, we are more famous for our 2nd leg recoveries/performances at home actually, certainly this side of 2000. Olympiakos in the group stage (technically not a knockout but was the game that put us through), the win over Chelsea, think there was one vs Arsenal in there around 08, the Barca turnaround. If anything, we tend to struggle in away games in Europe so it’s no surprise we lost the first leg to Atletico...we rarely win away in Europe it seems. Can’t think of many games we’ve killed off in the first leg other than Porto.

But to be honest I’m not interest in anything from the past, I just want you to answer my question...
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2020 06:58:34 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,522 posts | 752 
      Reply #148: May 12, 2020 06:57:23 pm
      Good grief. A 2-0 away win deemed killing a tie, the fact they beat us in the return leg suggests it wasn’t killed as much as you may like. Also given the standard of our team back then, I’d say any game in Europe was far from killed off in the first leg.

As a supporter,ya team wins 2-0 away from home,yep i think most people would say we're thru,no?Even if we had beaten Atletico 2-0 in Madrid that would of been over for me.And i'm not answering ya question cos it seems to be annoying ya now!!mind, i think you know what the answer is.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,439 posts | 4473 
      Reply #149: May 12, 2020 07:00:56 pm

As a supporter,ya team wins 2-0 away from home,yep i think most people would say we're thru,no?Even if we had beaten Atletico 2-0 in Madrid that would of been over for me.And i'm not answering ya question cos it seems to be annoying ya now!!mind, i think you know what the answer is.

Fans thinking a game is killed off is completely different to that actually being the case. Again something Barca can testify to.

Haha how childish can you get? That’s something I’d expect to hear from a child. But unfortunately it’s not annoying me at all, it just proves my point that you are just full of excuses because you know we had made amends and instead you would rather just be petty and instead moan about it going on this long just so you can look like a super fan or something that never criticises a player.
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2020 07:06:42 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »

Quick Reply