Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Adrián San Miguel (GK)

Read 74523 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Re: Adrián San Miguel (GK)
      Reply #253: May 29, 2023 09:12:02 pm
      Just think it's absolutely daft to use up a foreign player slot on a third choice keeper.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #254: May 29, 2023 10:06:28 pm
      Can only mean Kelleher going
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #255: May 29, 2023 10:33:48 pm

Yeah unfortunate but can't blame the lad he's way too good a keeper to be a bench warmer.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,022 posts | 2089 
      Reply #256: May 29, 2023 10:44:37 pm
      I really like Adrian. Blown very hot and then very cold form wise at Liverpool but he's a signing I have valued. And a lovely guy by all accounts as well. Lovely to keep him at the club.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #257: May 30, 2023 01:55:18 pm
      so we now sign people who are nice above people with talent. £3 million a year to be an asset in Training. Thought Milly was also good in training but actually not good enough apparently
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #258: Jun 21, 2023 06:54:34 pm
      so we now sign people who are nice above people with talent. £3 million a year to be an asset in Training. Thought Milly was also good in training but actually not good enough apparently

I think we're the only club which has ever renewed his contract, that says it all. He's simply not good enough, even for no.3.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #259: Jun 21, 2023 07:05:35 pm
      I think we're the only club which has ever renewed his contract, that says it all. He's simply not good enough, even for no.3.

It’s an experienced GK at low wages who won’t play many if any games but it’s known to highly thought of by the other GK’s and Gk coach
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #260: Jun 22, 2023 05:22:17 am
      It’s an experienced GK at low wages who won’t play many if any games but it’s known to highly thought of by the other GK’s and Gk coach
      We lost Milner this off season. We lost Bobby. We need a veteran in the locker room who can be a morale guy. The Spanish speaking guys really seem to gravitate to him. Dudes like Diaz and Darwin need that atm. Especially Darwin, who doesn't speak much English
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #261: Jun 22, 2023 07:44:28 am
      We lost Milner this off season. We lost Bobby. We need a veteran in the locker room who can be a morale guy. The Spanish speaking guys really seem to gravitate to him. Dudes like Diaz and Darwin need that atm. Especially Darwin, who doesn't speak much English

What experience does he have really? Apart being a mediocre GK in the PL and warming the bench? This is nonsense, the only thing that should matter is whether he's good enough, nothing more. If Milner or Adrian want to coach let them become coaches not players with outrageous salaries. He has experience but with the defence we have had this season, Adrian is another liability rather than a force. Thanks for the services but it's high time to go.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #262: Jun 22, 2023 09:21:52 am
      Great guy Adrian. If he wants to stay fair enough.

Dont remember him letting us down when called upon.

Its a strange one for any goalie being no.3, but if he is happy fair play to him, remember he had no club when we got him, he was probably thinking his career was over or would be playing in lower leagues. so must still be a dream come true.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #263: Jun 22, 2023 09:57:37 am
      What experience does he have really? Apart being a mediocre GK in the PL and warming the bench? This is nonsense, the only thing that should matter is whether he's good enough, nothing more. If Milner or Adrian want to coach let them become coaches not players with outrageous salaries. He has experience but with the defence we have had this season, Adrian is another liability rather than a force. Thanks for the services but it's high time to go.

How is he a liability when he is 3rd choice ?!

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 295 
      Reply #264: Jun 22, 2023 12:03:55 pm
      Dont remember him letting us down when called upon.

I think maybe he made 1 mistake to give Athletico a goal in CL just before the Covid lockdown. A poor pass under pressure but I could be wrong. All GKs will make errors, even Allison.

I'm happy to have him as number 3 Gk, it appears to be common for teams to have an experienced reserve. How many games does Scott Carson get for city?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #265: Jun 22, 2023 12:12:54 pm
      I think maybe he made 1 mistake to give Athletico a goal in CL just before the Covid lockdown. A poor pass under pressure but I could be wrong. All GKs will make errors, even Allison.

I'm happy to have him as number 3 Gk, it appears to be common for teams to have an experienced reserve. How many games does Scott Carson get for city?

Yup. Ali made a few mistakes this season and was still our player of the year. l o l

Carson hardly kicks a ball for city
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #266: Jun 22, 2023 12:16:59 pm

He played I think 10 games on the bounce the season we won the league as well
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #267: Jun 22, 2023 02:17:12 pm
      He played I think 10 games on the bounce the season we won the league as well
      He was huge for us that year. Played very well that season. Saved the pen to win us the Super Cup too 😃
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #268: Jun 22, 2023 02:34:10 pm
      He was huge for us that year. Played very well that season. Saved the pen to win us the Super Cup too 😃

Klopp quote....... ` Like Rocky !!!!!! `  :lmao:
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #269: Jun 22, 2023 10:36:05 pm
      How is he a liability when he is 3rd choice ?!

Alisson always gets injured, so we'll need to rely on No.2 or 3. We saw both Kelleher and Adrian. Who is second or third choice? I don't know but both did play. And Adrian has been mediocre for a long time now. It's not because he saved our asses when he was our only option that he deserves a contract. He played his part, thanks, but it's time to move on. Enough of this crap loyalty to players who don't perform well enough.

While City is selling players like Cancelo now or selling Jesus and Zinchnko last season, we're renewing Adrian's contract. That's what's wrong with this club. We are not aiming high enough. Adrian costed us a lot against Athletico but he made a lot of mistakes after that. Remember the match we lost 7-2 against Villa? He was in goal. The first goal is typical Adrian.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #270: Jun 22, 2023 10:51:27 pm
      Adrian is a lovely fella, every time I've ever seen him on or heard him speak he's doing something to be a genuinely nice dude. He's been very valuable to us when needed but did start making weird errors, as people can in life whether it's highly scrutinised football games or in any job.
       His positivity would be great to have around the changing room and training grounds no doubt but obviously you can't just pay someone thousands of pounds a week just for that, I've got no problem with him being a back up goalie, he is a good goalie, Kelleher looked so feeble last time he played for us, it was quite embarrassing to watch. he could be sold for quite a bit of money because he's young and has good distribution and can have great games, the youngster is a good goalie too, somehow I'd like him to go just to be a first choice goalie somewhere for his own sake (Kelleher), but backup goalie position is very important.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #271: Jun 23, 2023 09:35:56 am
      Alisson always gets injured, so we'll need to rely on No.2 or 3. We saw both Kelleher and Adrian. Who is second or third choice? I don't know but both did play. And Adrian has been mediocre for a long time now. It's not because he saved our asses when he was our only option that he deserves a contract. He played his part, thanks, but it's time to move on. Enough of this crap loyalty to players who don't perform well enough.

While City is selling players like Cancelo now or selling Jesus and Zinchnko last season, we're renewing Adrian's contract. That's what's wrong with this club. We are not aiming high enough. Adrian costed us a lot against Athletico but he made a lot of mistakes after that. Remember the match we lost 7-2 against Villa? He was in goal. The first goal is typical Adrian.

Guess how many games Adrian played last season

Guess how he played the season before

He is third choice

As for City - can you clarify who is the 3rd choice GK for them

And guess how many games he has played for them in 4 seasons - it’s a number between 1 and 3

And extending him for another year 🙄
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #272: Jun 23, 2023 10:20:35 am

He is third choice

And guess how many games he has played for them in 4 seasons - it’s a number between 1 and 3

Good stats man.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #273: Jun 24, 2023 10:15:47 am

He is third choice

With Kelleher wanting to leave, I suspect he's no. 2. And it's not good. Alisson has had some injuries in every season if I'm not wrong.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #274: Jun 24, 2023 06:52:06 pm
      With Kelleher wanting to leave, I suspect he's no. 2. And it's not good. Alisson has had some injuries in every season if I'm not wrong.

Kelleher hasn’t left - so he is still 3

And Allison missed one game last season - the last one

The season before - 1 game

3 the season before and

In 19/20 he missed the first 8 and Adrian was in goal and we won the lot

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #275: Jun 24, 2023 09:06:24 pm

He is third choice

At least Carson is a homegrown player and gives City some flexibility in that regard.

Quick Reply