Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adrián San Miguel (GK)

Read 74061 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Adrián San Miguel
      Reply #23: Aug 14, 2019 11:48:35 pm
      Top man pleased for him looked like the biggest moment of his career.

Considering he was packing his bags to head home from West Ham a month ago it’s quite the turnaround.

Delighted for him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24: Aug 15, 2019 12:13:49 am
      I thought he looked like the kind of keeper that a club releases, thank F**k for that offside flag on a few occasions because apart from one decent save I thought he was actually quite poor.

Good save from a sh*te penalty though.

Hopefully it's just a bit of rustiness from him and he gets better.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25: Aug 15, 2019 12:18:25 am
      I loved his reaction, I know they are millionaires and some of the luckiest fuckers on the planet already, but I love it when a player gets to fulfil a dream of lifting a trophy for Liverpool. 2 weeks ago without a club and now hes the hero of the shootout. Fantastic.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #26: Aug 15, 2019 12:20:32 am
      I thought he looked like the kind of keeper that a club releases, thank F**k for that offside flag on a few occasions because apart from one decent save I thought he was actually quite poor.

I was a miserable f**ker tonight, on edge throughout the game, it was a real frustrating watch. But you got to celebrate these moments and be happy for the club when we have lifted another European trophy.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #27: Aug 15, 2019 12:42:55 am
      I thought he looked like the kind of keeper that a club releases, thank f**k for that offside flag on a few occasions because apart from one decent save I thought he was actually quite poor.

JFC you really are a miserable human being. FFS, man, the team won the game and added to the trophy wall in big part because of the PK stop and you’re here posting this garbage? Holy F**k.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #28: Aug 15, 2019 03:16:51 am

Read in a post-game article that he last started for west ham back in January. The guy hadn’t started a game in 6+ months and basically has to get off the plane and become the team’s starter without any adjustment period to the way we play and yet people are micro-analyzing his every move. Support your damn players for fucks sake. What the guy is doing is commendable and looks like we’re lucky to have him as a quality backup option.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #29: Aug 15, 2019 03:49:27 am
      Read in a post-game article that he last started for west ham back in January. The guy hadn’t started a game in 6+ months and basically has to get off the plane and become the team’s starter without any adjustment period to the way we play and yet people are micro-analyzing his every move. Support your damn players for fucks sake. What the guy is doing is commendable and looks like we’re lucky to have him as a quality backup option.

I was going to slate him too but this is an actual fair point

He’s played 125 premier league games when he was a regular so he has good experience. There is probably some rustiness there with him at the moment

This win should boost his confidence
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #30: Aug 15, 2019 06:12:03 am
      I loved his reaction, I know they are millionaires and some of the luckiest fuckers on the planet already, but I love it when a player gets to fulfil a dream of lifting a trophy for Liverpool. 2 weeks ago without a club and now hes the hero of the shootout. Fantastic.

In his own words, "Welcome to Liverpool!"
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31: Aug 15, 2019 08:18:16 am
      I was a miserable f**ker tonight, on edge throughout the game, it was a real frustrating watch. But you got to celebrate these moments and be happy for the club when we have lifted another European trophy.

Oh I'm delighted we won, but at the same time I feel we played poorly and a big part of that is due to Klopp's bizarre team selection which backfired massively as a lot of the players had to play 120 rather than 90 mins. If we'd started full strength and started the first half how we started the second then we would have blown Chelsea away and taken the game much easier.

anyway for the record I am very happy with the win but I can still see faults and have concerns over the current team.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #32: Aug 15, 2019 09:15:39 am
      Not been at the club 2 weeks and already won more than he had in his whole career.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #33: Aug 15, 2019 11:44:07 am
      Yeh and has won silverware which his predecessor couldn't win in 200 games.   He has come for cover he replaces mignolet not Allison in the squad.   Mignolet in goal last night and we lose that game. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Aug 15, 2019 12:16:40 pm
      Yeh and has won silverware which his predecessor couldn't win in 200 games.   He has come for cover he replaces mignolet not Allison in the squad.   Mignolet in goal last night and we lose that game. 

I think that's unfair, Mignolet is more or less the same quality as Adrian in my opinion. Adrian did not blow me away with saving any of their efforts, weren't there 2 goals scored which were chalked off for offside, both sort of saveable. Also he was fairly rubbish at guessing the penalties, its only because Tammy shot straight at his feet that we won.

Anyway Adrian is who we have for the next few weeks so he needs better protection than we were giving him yesterday.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35: Aug 15, 2019 02:28:32 pm
      Adrian is the number 2. He will let shots in that Alisson could save, he will have a lower pass % than Alisson would have.

Hes about the same quality of Migs I think but it was a no brainer to cash in on Migs and to replace him with someone who would be happy to be the number 2.

I think Mignolet is of the age he wants to play and at the stage of the career Adrian is in this is a great oppertunity for him.

By all accounts he is another big presence in the dressing room as well which is all good for keeping morale and standards high.

With a #2 keeper there is a drop off in quality, with Adrian though like Mignolet (even though he was hated by a lot of the fan base) the drop off is at least not unworkable.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36: Aug 15, 2019 02:29:33 pm
      Not been at the club 2 weeks and already won more than he had in his whole career.

More European trophies than Man City 😁
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: Aug 15, 2019 02:33:13 pm
      Adrian is the number 2. He will let shots in that Alisson could save, he will have a lower pass % than Alisson would have.

Hes about the same quality of Migs I think but it was a no brainer to cash in on Migs and to replace him with someone who would be happy to be the number 2.

I think Mignolet is of the age he wants to play and at the stage of the career Adrian is in this is a great oppertunity for him.

By all accounts he is another big presence in the dressing room as well which is all good for keeping morale and standards high.

With a #2 keeper there is a drop off in quality, with Adrian though like Mignolet (even though he was hated by a lot of the fan base) the drop off is at least not unworkable.

Oh I agree, he seems like a perfectly good #2 goalkeeper and a nice bloke, I'm just slightly baffled at every claiming he's so amazing when he really isn't.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38: Aug 15, 2019 02:42:00 pm
      Oh I agree, he seems like a perfectly good #2 goalkeeper and a nice bloke, I'm just slightly baffled at every claiming he's so amazing when he really isn't.

I like the guys story it's a real feel good moment for him and for us to read about. However I'm sure everyone is wishing Alisson a speedy recovery and to see him back in the side.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #39: Aug 15, 2019 06:10:18 pm
      Loved his explanation of the pen. Basically called Abrahams a diving tw*t without calling him "a diving tw*t".

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40: Aug 15, 2019 08:49:01 pm
      I thought he looked like the kind of keeper that a club releases, I thought he was actually quite poor.

He reminded me of some posters that fan forums should release.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #41: Aug 15, 2019 10:05:23 pm
      I think that's unfair, Mignolet is more or less the same quality as Adrian in my opinion. Adrian did not blow me away with saving any of their efforts, weren't there 2 goals scored which were chalked off for offside, both sort of saveable. Also he was fairly rubbish at guessing the penalties, its only because Tammy shot straight at his feet that we won.

Anyway Adrian is who we have for the next few weeks so he needs better protection than we were giving him yesterday.

You say to me that I am unfair on Mignolet.  Then you talk about not being blown away by a keeper that hasn't started a game since January.  He's 2nd choice behind one of the best goalies in the league.  I didn't expect him to be as good as Allison and he isn't. When you have a goalie as good as Allison it is going to be hard to be blown away.  But from what I have seen I am happier to have him between the sticks than Simon.   Mignolet let us down badly and regularly it got to the stage that 2 shots on target was enough to average a goal.     
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42: Aug 16, 2019 02:01:30 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43: Aug 16, 2019 08:09:18 am
      You say to me that I am unfair on Mignolet.  Then you talk about not being blown away by a keeper that hasn't started a game since January.  He's 2nd choice behind one of the best goalies in the league.  I didn't expect him to be as good as Allison and he isn't. When you have a goalie as good as Allison it is going to be hard to be blown away.  But from what I have seen I am happier to have him between the sticks than Simon.   Mignolet let us down badly and regularly it got to the stage that 2 shots on target was enough to average a goal.     

I'm struggling to understand your point, is it possible that we can have differing views on Mignolet and Adrian? You think he's better than Migs and I think he's more or less the same. You do raise a good point about him being rusty though, that explains quite a lot and hopefully he'll improve over the next few days/weeks.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44: Aug 16, 2019 11:50:47 am
      Got to laugh really. Injured and a doubt for Saturday after celebrating and a supporter slipped over and injured him.

Could well be Andy Lonergan tomorrow 😂
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #45: Aug 16, 2019 01:22:15 pm
      Bloody hell

Quick Reply