Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Adrián San Miguel (GK)

Read 74055 times
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Re: Adrián San Miguel
      Reply #115: Mar 12, 2020 08:35:49 am
      Oh Adrian :(
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #116: Mar 12, 2020 09:49:26 am
      He was ok'ish at the start of the season but the last few times I've seen him play he's been bloody awful, will be interesting to see if he plays against Everton.

Its high time we get a proper understudy to Alisson, a young ambitious goalkeeper, and give him a decent number of games throughout the season, like every 4th/5th game in the league plus cup competitions.

I'm all for having genuine competition in all areas of the pitch.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #117: Mar 12, 2020 11:08:29 am
      Who else would be able to play against Everton? Alisson is out until the break, and I'm not sure how Lonergan is.

Either way, if he plays in the derby and/or against Palace, I hope our fans in the stadium support him. He made bad mistakes last night, but those mistakes weren't the only reason why we lost.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #118: Mar 12, 2020 11:12:49 am
      Who else would be able to play against Everton? Alisson is out until the break, and I'm not sure how Lonergan is.

Either way, if he plays in the derby and/or against Palace, I hope our fans in the stadium support him. He made bad mistakes last night, but those mistakes weren't the only reason why we lost.

I 100% agree, if he plays he needs plenty of support, but he must be a bit fu**ed mentally after last night.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #119: Mar 12, 2020 03:33:00 pm
      Read through this thread when you have a minute. How short the memories of some are.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #120: Mar 12, 2020 04:33:44 pm
      Read through this thread when you have a minute. How short the memories of some are.

Does the concept of the form of a player varying through a season astound you? For the record I thought Adrian was better than Migs and Karius, but after the Chelsea game and yesterday I'm not so sure, but one thing I do know is that Adrian is hogging to be low on confidence right now and that's very dangerous for a GK.
      I'm also a bit worried about all these injures Alisson is having, he's missed a lot of games this season.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #121: Mar 12, 2020 04:36:24 pm
      Alisson doesn't get many injuries as is usual for a keeper, the one he had earlier in the season was his worst but I wouldn't be concerned too much about his likelihood of recurring injuries.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alisson/verletzungen/spieler/105470
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #122: Mar 12, 2020 05:53:16 pm
      Start of the season he was good but no denying he is in a  bad spell and his confidence is down the pan.

We are out of 2 cups due to in large part his mistakes in those games.

As ever with number 2 keepers the more they play the more the gap in quality becomes apparent.

I dont think these goals he conceded have come as a huge shock to the management staff because theirs been rumours of a turkish keeper coming in next season as our new #2.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #123: Mar 12, 2020 09:23:09 pm
      Does the concept of the form of a player varying through a season astound you? For the record I thought Adrian was better than Migs and Karius, but after the Chelsea game and yesterday I'm not so sure, but one thing I do know is that Adrian is hogging to be low on confidence right now and that's very dangerous for a GK.
      I'm also a bit worried about all these injures Alisson is having, he's missed a lot of games this season.

Having watched both of the above and Adrian during their Liverpool careers it's a non-issue, he had a bad night during a point in extra time when the whole team tired. Pointing the finger at just Adrian is F***ing stupid, he's no. 2 for a reason and isn't at the level Ali or Oblak is.
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2020 09:35:39 pm by HUYTON RED »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #124: Mar 12, 2020 11:07:54 pm
      Gutted, his error changed the whole momentum.

Oh well, 3 trophies in the season is not something to be scoffed at. Every other team out there will be jealous of our haul!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #125: Mar 13, 2020 05:46:06 am
      He started well in the beginning of the season but he did too many errors. We will support him until he's ours.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #126: Mar 13, 2020 01:23:44 pm
      Having watched both of the above and Adrian during their Liverpool careers it's a non-issue, he had a bad night during a point in extra time when the whole team tired. Pointing the finger at just Adrian is F***ing stupid, he's no. 2 for a reason and isn't at the level Ali or Oblak is.

Spot on, and Ali has fu**ed up a few kicks as well.

It happens in those conditions.

Some people on here just F***ing love a good old fashioned with hunt.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #127: Mar 14, 2020 08:57:30 am

jobbing Spanish goalie...top Spanish side.....just saying...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #128: Mar 14, 2020 09:52:37 am

jobbing Spanish goalie...top Spanish side.....just saying...

hmmmm, now I think of it they were suspiciously soft goals to concede. 2 of them were scored by a player who's only ever scored 3 goals previously in his career!

Just kidding :-)
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #129: Apr 14, 2020 10:32:18 am
      I think that we should buy another good GK to have as backup, even for 20 M. PSG, Man City, Real Madrid, Juventus all allow themselves to have more than decent backups and we have seen how it has costed us to rely on our no. 1 only. Adrian is simply not good enough for more than 1 or 2 games once in a while.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #130: May 03, 2020 12:40:45 pm
      Thought early on in the season he was very consistent did a good job susspect he got nervous in the end imagine if Migs had have been in goal
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #131: May 03, 2020 07:38:12 pm
      Thought early on in the season he was very consistent did a good job susspect he got nervous in the end imagine if Migs had have been in goal

Exactly, started well and helped us in the league run but at the end, his form reduced :(
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #132: May 07, 2020 11:42:26 am
      Exactly, started well and helped us in the league run but at the end, his form reduced :(

He disappointed in the end.  A  welcome step up from Migs  but not LFC standard if truth be known.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #133: May 07, 2020 06:37:40 pm
      Jesus thought something had happened to him but it was just a whinebump.He's a back up keeper,he's fine,we're fine.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #134: May 07, 2020 06:44:47 pm
      Would you keep him or keep Karius as back-up?

I think Adrian is already a cult in the squad and do not know about Karius.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #135: May 07, 2020 07:38:11 pm
      Jesus thought something had happened to him but it was just a whinebump.He's a back up keeper,he's fine,we're fine.

He's a good enough backup keeper for us, he had a run of poor form which came at a bad time but we shouldn't just go and buy a new backup keeper just because of that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #136: May 11, 2020 02:43:06 pm

He wasn't fine against Chelsea or Atletico was he, unless you and I have a very different definition of fine, mine for Goalkeepers is keeping the sodding ball out of the net on easily saved shots and at least 2 of Atletico's and 1 of Chelsea's were very saveable! ;-)

That loss to Atletico still bugs the sh*t out of me, such a c**t team to lose to
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #137: May 11, 2020 02:45:16 pm
      Would you keep him or keep Karius as back-up?

I think Adrian is already a cult in the squad and do not know about Karius.

I misread that as "I think Adrian is already a c**t in the squad", I certainly imagine he felt like that after his last 2 games to Atletico and Chelsea!

He did an ok job at the start of the season, but if you remember he was far from a safe pair of hands and it was only when Allison came back into the team that the defence became rock solid again.

Quick Reply