Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Adrián San Miguel (GK)

Read 74110 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Adrián San Miguel
      Reply #184: Oct 04, 2020 10:13:55 pm
      Probably the only mistake Edwards has made.

Can't do everything on the cheap.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #185: Oct 04, 2020 10:22:51 pm
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #186: Oct 04, 2020 10:45:16 pm

This post makes no sense
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #187: Oct 04, 2020 10:46:44 pm
      Can we get Migs back? Too late to call off Karius’ loan? Adrian’s bubble burst against Atletico and it’s not been pleasant since.
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #188: Oct 04, 2020 11:17:28 pm
      Said it before and I will say it again there was a reason he was training with some Spanish second division side when we picked him up not F***ing rocket science
      Fabio Aurelio
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 873 posts | 107 
      Reply #189: Oct 04, 2020 11:21:54 pm
      His positioning was beyond bad. I’d certainly look to replace him next summer.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #190: Oct 04, 2020 11:42:29 pm
      His positioning was beyond bad. I’d certainly look to replace him next summer.
      Wish it was tomorrow
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #191: Oct 05, 2020 09:00:16 am
      I sympathise for the 3 deflected goals, done well on the one on one but the rest of his performance was negligible... I feel like pressing charges.. 😂
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #192: Oct 05, 2020 09:08:06 am
      He's like a shi**er version of Mignolet - Never thought I'd have to use those words to describe one of our goalkeepers

Decent shot stopper but continually fails miserably with the basics
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #193: Oct 05, 2020 09:50:26 am
      He is not the problem. Yes, he gave them their 1st goal. But the rest of that was on the defence.

How Adrian is the scapegoat after that match is beyond me.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #194: Oct 05, 2020 10:28:09 am
      He is not the problem. Yes, he gave them their 1st goal. But the rest of that was on the defence.

Adrian can't pass a ball 5 yards. Passing accurately from the back is fundamental to how we play. He's not a scapegoat as most of the team were rubbish yesterday. He's just a crap goal keeper who only plays well in league cup games.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #195: Oct 05, 2020 10:35:34 am

Agreed.

Defeat not down to him.  He's a better keeper than Jordan Pickford and they're top.

Totally unprotected by the players in front of him and I don't expect Liverpool to face 18 shots in any football game.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #196: Oct 05, 2020 10:38:33 am
      Agreed.

Defeat not down to him.  He's a better keeper than Jordan Pickford and they're top.

Totally unprotected by the players in front of him and I don't expect Liverpool to face 18 shots in any football game.

Ah come off it mate Pickford is average but miles better than Adrian at least he can distribute the ball out.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #197: Oct 05, 2020 10:50:19 am
      The point is, time and time again, in closer games, we’ve seen him have these lapses, and out of six games, he’ll have a one good one, three okay games with small mistakes and two dreadful game costing games, and with the players in front of him in their form now, those numbers just get worse...
      You can’t have that at the top, and he’s at the end of his career, no point messing around, he’s good third option, but we should really be having a young reliable keeper who’s going to be here for years with the plan to one day take the number one spot.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #198: Oct 05, 2020 11:02:08 am
      Klopp was terribly wrong about Karius, he is wrong about Adrian if he thinks he's good enough. It's clear he's not and he has messed up more than enough times.
      Kopite78
      Reply #199: Oct 05, 2020 11:05:58 am
      Klopp was terribly wrong about Karius, he is wrong about Adrian if he thinks he's good enough. It's clear he's not and he has messed up more than enough times.

Alisson is number one though

Sorry to burst your bubble but you wont get another of Alissons level to be number 2

These lads are number 2s for a reason
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #200: Oct 05, 2020 11:08:27 am
      United have Henderson as no.2, Arsenal had Martinez no.2 last season, Spurs have Gazzaniga. Not buying this you can't have a good back up keeper.
      Kopite78
      Reply #201: Oct 05, 2020 11:11:26 am
      United have Henderson as no.2, Arsenal had Martinez no.2 last season, Spurs have Gazzaniga. Not buying this you can't have a good back up keeper.

Henderson is a different case, his stock has raised and I think he gives it this year to oust De Gea or he fucks off

Martinez wanted to go once he had a run in the team and his stock was high

Gazzaniga is their number 3 and for me not much better that what we have, marginally but not much, again a reason Mourinho wanted a new number 2 in front of him
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #202: Oct 05, 2020 11:14:44 am

Won't stay as number 2 for long though will he.  He'll either replace Gea or get off for first team action.

Arsenal had Martinez no.2 last season

And he left this summer to go to Aston Villa.

For how long.

It's a tricky job handling backup keepers but I'm probably more concerned at the number of times recently that Alisson has been unavailable.  Didn't he have a fitness test before last weekend's game as well?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #203: Oct 05, 2020 11:56:49 am
      Shouts for Gazzaniga they have bought in Joe Hart to push him to third choice - he is not the answer!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #204: Oct 05, 2020 12:06:49 pm
      We should be looking at young talent to develop like Lunin, Lafont and Maximiano.

Young, probably happy to be second keeper and learn from Alisson and the coaches, and have a massive ceiling.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #205: Oct 05, 2020 02:15:07 pm
      Maybe he wouldn't have wanted to be a backup but we screwed up not trying to bring Pepe Reina back.

As for Adrian, I feel for him, never going to be fun to get compared to Allison (best in the world). It's an unenviable job. It's sad how he's getting torn apart on social media. I'm sure he's doing the best that he can, at this time though, can't help but thing we may need better.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #206: Oct 05, 2020 03:12:58 pm
      Maybe he wouldn't have wanted to be a backup but we screwed up not trying to bring Pepe Reina back.

As for Adrian, I feel for him, never going to be fun to get compared to Allison (best in the world). It's an unenviable job. It's sad how he's getting torn apart on social media. I'm sure he's doing the best that he can, at this time though, can't help but thing we may need better.

We need better, desperately.

Adrian did an admirable job when he first came in. Literally had to get off the plane and become our starter with Alisson going down and did a great job filling in that when he had a couple mistakes we were able to brush it off as "it happens to everyone". However, the bloom started coming off the rose slowly and surely and eventually it costs us big in the CL and his mistakes could no longer be excused.

Too late to do anything since deadline is today but with Alisson having his annual 6-week injury we cannot afford to have Adrian F***ing up anymore and need better.

Quick Reply