Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Things that will happen this season

Read 12072 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Things that will happen this season
      Reply #23: Jul 31, 2019 06:02:55 pm
      ;D just like last season. I always did find that argument weird.

Brewster will hit double figures.

Mane will be top scorer.

We'll win at least 1 trophy.

Really like the look of the lad, and think you might be right, but didn't want to jinx him  :laugh:
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #24: Jul 31, 2019 07:52:57 pm
      Just watched LFC TV,great to see all our troops back.
      Fancy us for a trophy or 3,just more of what we had last season less draws tho.
      I`d like to see a few more strikes on goal from outside the box,it narks we dont have a pop more
      Naby Ox and Gini to turn it on and rattle a few in
      The young kids to get a chance theres a bundle of talent there to push whats on the pitch now
      Brewster, could be our secret weapon he just looks so menacing ,had a punt on him top goal scorer think the lads got it
       Wm`s giving you 150/1 threw a fiver at it .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25: Jul 31, 2019 08:33:11 pm

Harvey Elliot won't cut his hair

Couple of weeks in the U-18/U-23's having the piss taken out of him for that barnet, he'll deffo be legging it to the barbers.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26: Aug 01, 2019 02:43:41 am
      Mo Salah will score 5 goals in 1 game!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #27: Aug 01, 2019 07:32:11 am
      Mo Salah will score 5 goals in 1 game!

You'll get stoned
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Aug 02, 2019 12:44:32 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Already am!  ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #29: Aug 02, 2019 08:17:35 am
      We’ll play 8 games in 24 days (including a trip halfway across the world) over Christmas and wish we’d signed some more players.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #30: Aug 02, 2019 09:47:23 am
      Super Cup
      World Club Cup
      And a third successive champions league final... just don’t know how this Liverpool team gets beat over two legs in quick succession.

Keita huge season coming.
      Salah Premier league top scorer for the third year running.

Liverpool won’t get 97 points again but City won’t get 98 points again...🤷🏻‍♂️
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #31: Aug 02, 2019 11:29:13 am
      We will come 2nd in the league again.
      We will get to Champs League final for 3rd time.
      We will win the FA Cup.
      We will get beat 2nd round League cup.
      We will win World Club Cup.

Keita will be the player we all thought we bought.
      Salah or Mane will get a major injury.
      We lose the league due to VVD being out for 3 weeks.

And I hope i am wrong.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #32: Aug 02, 2019 01:20:45 pm
      Mane in straight swap deal with Bale...

Tin hat time :action-smiley-060: :lmao:!!!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33: Aug 02, 2019 02:09:53 pm
      A woman will referee the European super cup against Chelsea
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34: Aug 07, 2019 12:26:01 am
      Not sure if this is the right thread, but as this is new to the rules, thought I'd ask what you all think of this regarding the defensive wall for free kicks. From This is Anfield:

"The defensive wall setup for a free-kick has thrown up a number of interesting strategies and tussles over the years, but that is now a thing of the past.

From this point onwards when the defensive team sets up a wall that has three or more players, the attacking team are prohibited from being within one metre of the wall.

If the referee deems that the attacking team has encroached on the space, then the offence will be penalised with an indirect free-kick."

I've long thought too much attention was placed on this by attacking teams that might have been better served with more players in other places, looking for a rebound or a whipped ball to head in.

Do you think we'll see less effective free kicks now?

One thing to go with this, I feel like referees (in the Premier League at least) are increasingly lax at supporting the required distance between the ball and the defensive players on these free kicks. Would like to see that enforced more rigorously to get more skill back in the game.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35: Aug 07, 2019 10:03:07 am
      Not sure if this is the right thread, but as this is new to the rules, thought I'd ask what you all think of this regarding the defensive wall for free kicks. From This is Anfield:

"The defensive wall setup for a free-kick has thrown up a number of interesting strategies and tussles over the years, but that is now a thing of the past.

From this point onwards when the defensive team sets up a wall that has three or more players, the attacking team are prohibited from being within one metre of the wall.

If the referee deems that the attacking team has encroached on the space, then the offence will be penalised with an indirect free-kick."

I've long thought too much attention was placed on this by attacking teams that might have been better served with more players in other places, looking for a rebound or a whipped ball to head in.

One thing to go with this, I feel like referees (in the Premier League at least) are increasingly lax at supporting the required distance between the ball and the defensive players on these free kicks. Would like to see that enforced more rigorously to get more skill back in the game.

I'd like to see the law changed so that the defensive wall can't charge at the kicker until the ball has been struck, but removing attacking players from the wall is a good move.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36: Aug 07, 2019 10:51:05 am
      With defenders now being allowed in the box on goal kicks, can see many goals conceded through teams tying to play out from the back and getting caught. Arsenal last season were pushing their luck every week as it was.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37: Aug 07, 2019 10:52:51 am

I read recently that a team got around this by standing 1 metre in front of the wall.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #38: Aug 07, 2019 04:13:24 pm
      I read recently that a team got around this by standing 1 metre in front of the wall.

Think it says all attackers have to be 4 meters away, so not sure how.

Quick Reply