Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Norwich?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (6.9%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (3.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (7.8%)
       Fabinho
      7 (6.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      40 (39.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      15 (14.7%)
      Divock Origi
      20 (19.6%)
       Adrián
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: Aug 13, 2019 09:57:00 pm

Liverpool 4-1 Norwich City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35959 times
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 Norwich City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Aug 09, 2019 11:17:33 pm
      Alisson put a dampener on the night, hopefully its nothing major but I am fearing the worst. Not too concerned about the defending, few things need ironing out on the right hand side but nothing major.

Roberto Firmino what a little player when hes on it!
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #323: Aug 09, 2019 11:21:11 pm
      Big drop off in the second half though with questionable defending at times which I'm putting down to rustyness.

Both teams knew the games was decided after a half an hour, no need for the players to over do it in the second half.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #324: Aug 09, 2019 11:28:08 pm
      Phenomenal start. Only down side is Alisson’s injury. Hopefully it’s only a few weeks.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #325: Aug 09, 2019 11:30:03 pm
      Top of the table, just need to hold on for 37 more games.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #326: Aug 10, 2019 12:06:28 am
      Good quality showing.

Trent looked a bit suspect at the back but offers so much going forward. Henderson was class. Fabinho looked very strong and calm, can't believe there was a nonce on here saying he was terrible, honestly how little attention were you paying genius. Salah and Bobby unreal too and Origi being Origi and terrifying defenders by being so powerful and unpredictable.

Hope Allison is OK but thank F**k we sold that F***ing donkey Mignolet or it may have been a different story and he'd lose us games on his own if Allison is out for a long time.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #327: Aug 10, 2019 01:11:43 am
      Good quality showing.

Trent looked a bit suspect at the back but offers so much going forward. Henderson was class. Fabinho looked very strong and calm, can't believe there was a nonce on here saying he was terrible, honestly how little attention were you paying genius. Salah and Bobby unreal too and Origi being Origi and terrifying defenders by being so powerful and unpredictable.

Hope Allison is OK but thank f**k we sold that f**king donkey Mignolet or it may have been a different story and he'd lose us games on his own if Allison is out for a long time.

Allowed some chances but credit to Norwich. We played quite well for 60 minutes or so. It did get somewhat ragged after that but overall thought it was a good performance. Of course Klopp will pinpoint various things that need to be improved.

I guess young Kelleher, just back from hand surgery, will be Adrian's backup Wednesday for the SuperCup. Everybody else, young and old, are injured. Biggest hope obviously is that Alisson is not out for long.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #328: Aug 10, 2019 03:06:08 am
      Good quality showing.

Hope Allison is OK but thank f**k we sold that f**king donkey Mignolet or it may have been a different story and he'd lose us games on his own if Allison is out for a long time.

You may be talking about me, as I said Fabs didn't play well. I certainly didn't say he was bad or terrible. I do, however, find it funny that people get offended at ones perception of the game.

Earlier in the week I pointed out that Fabinho could possibly be the difference in us winning the title and last year. Fab playing a full season protecting the back line will be huge for us. He reads the game so well and is the best tackler on the team.

I just thought today he was a little lax in reading the game, especially in the first 10 minutes
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #329: Aug 10, 2019 04:01:55 am
      Just got home from the game , as first up games go ,excellent result bit of rust here and there but all in all a good first showing , one down 37 to go till we’re champions ,
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #330: Aug 10, 2019 04:10:06 am
      A good way to start the season even if we were a bit scrappy at times.I thought our new goalie handled himself quite well in a match he probably thought he would never take part in.He looks far more confident than Migs ever did.
      IJ_Statspert
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #331: Aug 10, 2019 04:20:35 am
      Hope Alisson is ok.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #332: Aug 10, 2019 06:13:20 am
      Couldn't ask for a better result, comfortable win and for the first 60 minutes was some fabulous football being played. If we finished a little better and some great saves early in the second half we could of been up 5-0 or 6-0 easy. Some of the positives from the match was Firmino again looks really sharp (I thought he was best player on the pitch), Salah starting off the season with a goal, Origi showing Klopp he can do a job if given the start and Hendo had good showing. Negative is obviously Alisson picking up a injury, fingers crossed it isn't something too serious that will keep him out for months because that will be huge loss. I also thought Gini was quiet (similar showing to the community shield) and TAA was little suspect defending at times.

All and all I would say this is very successful opener laying marker down and get focus for the super cup.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #333: Aug 10, 2019 06:30:02 am
      Wijnaldum needs to do more and create more too, Trent needs to improve defensively but good 60 mins performance which was enough.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #334: Aug 10, 2019 07:10:49 am
      You may be talking about me, as I said Fabs didn't play well. I certainly didn't say he was bad or terrible. I do, however, find it funny that people get offended at ones perception of the game.

Earlier in the week I pointed out that Fabinho could possibly be the difference in us winning the title and last year. Fab playing a full season protecting the back line will be huge for us. He reads the game so well and is the best tackler on the team.

I just thought today he was a little lax in reading the game, especially in the first 10 minutes

It was not you mate. Someone had a much firmer stance on how poorly they thought he played. I thought he was excellent.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #335: Aug 10, 2019 08:00:47 am
      Nice win and a great way to start. I thought my 6-0 prediction wouldn’t be enough the way it was going until halftime. Thought Fabinho had a great game and Hendo was very good also.

Anyway, get in!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #336: Aug 10, 2019 09:58:00 am
      Thought we deliberately stepped off the gas in the second half. They were never going to score the goals to get them back in the game. Little rusty overall but we're going to score a lot of goals this season.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #337: Aug 10, 2019 10:13:31 am
      Get in!

:D
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #338: Aug 10, 2019 10:29:26 am
      One down, 37 to go.

Fair play to Norwich, ballsy to play like they did. Think they showed exactly how not to defend against us, particularly at Anfield, but also demonstrated where we can be attacked if we are sloppy in possession. As a team we need to keep the ball a bit better and make sure we recover properly if we do lose it.

Fingers crossed Ali is only out weeks and not months...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #339: Aug 10, 2019 10:38:31 am
      Thought we deliberately stepped off the gas in the second half. They were never going to score the goals to get them back in the game. Little rusty overall but we're going to score a lot of goals this season.

That is the difference between us and Citeh, Citeh never take their foot off the gas, they would have gone for 7-8 nil yesterday, its a small fault we have, that we some times get a bit complacent in games and relax to much. It doesn't seem to hurt us to much and we were still very good yesterday but I'd like us to get even more ruthless, really scare teams, the same as Citeh do.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #340: Aug 10, 2019 11:08:38 am

Yep but I bet Adrian cant believe his luck! First appearance in our first game and Super Cup final for him already. Surely he couldnt have imagined this last week when he was training with a Spanish 2nd tier team for the Summer!

For what it's worth I dont think hes any better than Mignolet but hes a #2 and he doesn't need to be. The club made good money on the deal, so a no brainer really.

With Kelleher still out, who is likely to be on the bench on Wednesday if Adrian were to get an injury?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #341: Aug 10, 2019 12:03:02 pm
      Phenomenal start. Only down side is Alisson’s injury. Hopefully it’s only a few weeks.

Alisson’s injury & the goal conceded was my disappointment, guess I was  looking for the perfect win & no goal conceded ..

Going forward as a team I think we’re going to be fantastic, the title is the target for this squad.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #342: Aug 10, 2019 01:37:50 pm

Watched it again this morning.

He definitely wasn't in the best of form.
      He did OK, but he can do some much better.

No worries though, it's one game, and he'll hit his best form soon enough.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #343: Aug 10, 2019 02:02:30 pm
      Defensively we should've been stronger.We had plenty of cover in midfield.All three Hendo,Gini and Fab are all good on the back foot. Trent is getting a bit of stick but are we slow to get back and give cover on both flanks. Could be we are coming out a little bit to high at times and getting caught by players sitting on the shoulder looking to break into space in behind.

The mid 3 have to be quicker at closing down,getting in quicker.The energy was their in attack but we looked vulnerable as Norwich came at us.Couple of tough away games should sharpen things up but I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp had half a thought about trying Trent at right sided midfield with Gomes at RB and Matip in with VVD.
      Harrisimo

• 7,965 posts | 1355 
      Reply #344: Aug 10, 2019 02:10:01 pm
      Yep but I bet Adrian cant believe his luck! First appearance in our first game and Super Cup final for him already. Surely he couldnt have imagined this last week when he was training with a Spanish 2nd tier team for the Summer!

For what it's worth I dont think hes any better than Mignolet but hes a #2 and he doesn't need to be. The club made good money on the deal, so a no brainer really.

With Kelleher still out, who is likely to be on the bench on Wednesday if Adrian were to get an injury?

Think only Shamal George, local lad is left after the two you mentioned.And both Kelleher & George are U21 players.Klopp said Kelleher is fit but not 100% after his wrist injury.
      « Last Edit: Aug 10, 2019 02:16:59 pm by Harrisimo »

Quick Reply