Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

How big a setback is the Alisson injury?

Read 22104 times
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      How big a setback is the Alisson injury?
      Aug 10, 2019 02:22:42 am
      His injury is a huge setback. I hope he is not out for too long. Jürgen's post match comments seem to suggest that the injury is a bit serious.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Re: How big a setback is the Alisson injury?
      Reply #1: Aug 10, 2019 08:11:06 am
      Such a shame for Alisson and us but as I think Mag said in the match thread, thankfully we got another GK, who on his first game looked confident and hopefully can handle the pressure.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Aug 10, 2019 09:15:46 am
      Such a shame for Alisson and us but as I think Mag said in the match thread, thankfully we got another GK, who on his first game looked confident and hopefully can handle the pressure.

To be honest Adrian didn't look that much better than Migs, he should have done better to prevent their goal and had sod all else to do really.
      We'll just have to outscore everyone until Becker is back.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3: Aug 10, 2019 09:17:00 am
      To be honest Adrian didn't look that much better than Migs, he should have done better to prevent their goal and had sod all else to do really.

You must be joking mate. Watch the goal again Alisson ain't getting to that either.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4: Aug 10, 2019 09:21:30 am
      You must be joking mate. Watch the goal again Alisson ain't getting to that either.

I suggest you watch it again, the ball went under his hand so of course a quicker goalie would have saved it.
      I guess I'm ok with Adrian, but I'd much rather have a backup keeper like Bravo instead of someone released by West Ham.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Aug 10, 2019 09:57:17 am
      Aah, the goalkeeping experts are back. On that note i am missing rib's medical diagnosis of alisson's injury
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #6: Aug 10, 2019 09:58:06 am

Isn't outscoring the opposition kind of the whole point of football ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7: Aug 10, 2019 10:36:05 am
      Isn't outscoring the opposition kind of the whole point of football ?

yes. but you can do it in the Maureen Chelsea negative styley or Keegan Newcastle kamikaze styley. If our defence is weakened then we'll need to go a bit more Newcastle styley.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #8: Aug 10, 2019 10:40:55 am

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Give it a rest
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #9: Aug 10, 2019 10:43:05 am
      Aah, the goalkeeping experts are back. On that note i am missing rib's medical diagnosis of alisson's injury

Not claiming to be a GK expert, I just know that Mignolet was sh*te. Anyone with eyes in their head can tell you that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10: Aug 10, 2019 10:58:28 am

For the record I think Adrian is better than Migs but unlike some of you he didn't really blow me away yesterday, he looked ok but then he hardly had anything to do, the bigger test for him will be Wednesday.

At the end of the day I hope Allison is back as soon as possible but until that time we are in ok hands, but its not like we have some top keeper as backup. This is a guy who was released by West Ham and unless he deliberately ran down his contract to join us then that really doesn't paint him in a great light does it. I mean being released by a team like West Ham, wow that must be depressing, then he wins the lottery and joins us plus gets to be the main goalie for a few weeks/months, I bet he can't believe his luck.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #11: Aug 10, 2019 02:11:27 pm
      Not claiming to be a GK expert, I just know that Mignolet was sh*te. Anyone with eyes in their head can tell you that.

Just saying that poor old adrian is getting it already
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #12: Aug 10, 2019 03:15:13 pm
      Good hit by Pukki last night.  Got his shot away quick and don't think many keepers would have got down quick enough to stop it.

Hopefully Alisson isn't out to long.  He's definitely worth a fair number of points over the course of a season. 

Adrian's a better keeper than Mignolet though so we're going to be in a better situation than we would have been a week ago.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Aug 10, 2019 03:46:25 pm

For the record I think Adrian is better than Migs but unlike some of you he didn't really blow me away yesterday, he looked ok but then he hardly had anything to do, the bigger test for him will be Wednesday.

At the end of the day I hope Allison is back as soon as possible but until that time we are in ok hands, but its not like we have some top keeper as backup. This is a guy who was released by West Ham and unless he deliberately ran down his contract to join us then that really doesn't paint him in a great light does it. I mean being released by a team like West Ham, wow that must be depressing, then he wins the lottery and joins us plus gets to be the main goalie for a few weeks/months, I bet he can't believe his luck.

We don't know yet how good our new backup is. Everybody who is a backup is a backup for a reason, but I guarantee you the reason Adrian hadn't signed with anyone at this time last week is because he knew and we knew something was in the works with Mignolet,  he was the caliber of backup we wanted, and we were.the caliber of club to play backup for that he was waiting for.

The injury does sound serious and there's some paper talk now that we might sign Lonergan after all (has the registration deadline passed?). Hopefully Ali is a quick healer.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #14: Aug 10, 2019 05:37:38 pm
      I suggest you watch it again, the ball went under his hand so of course a quicker goalie would have saved it.

On a scale of 1-10 just how f**king clueless are you? I vote 11

Other than Elastigirl no one is getting a hand to that ball ffs
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #15: Aug 10, 2019 05:39:11 pm
      Schedule is not bad enough where we cannot cope with Adrian for a few weeks. CL doesn’t start for a while either so impact should not be huge
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16: Aug 10, 2019 05:43:51 pm
      On a scale of 1-10 just how f**king clueless are you? I vote 11

Other than Elastigirl no one is getting a hand to that ball ffs

Why the insults? Can't you just disagree and argue your point in a civil manner?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #17: Aug 10, 2019 05:47:14 pm
      Why the insults? Can't you just disagree and argue your point in a civil manner?

Because your act is really really tired out, hence why you have people telling you to cut it out.

Hint: when a few people keep telling you something, maybe it’s you and not them that need to think it through.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18: Aug 10, 2019 06:03:46 pm

Not a lot he could do, was a well taken goal by Pukki, who looked Norwich's most dangerous player. I applauded the goal! By the way it needs more than one appearance before you can go judging a player. Judgements about Mignolet are after six years at the club. To compare Adrian to him after one game is a bit F***ing stupid.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #19: Aug 10, 2019 06:07:06 pm
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #20: Aug 10, 2019 06:13:34 pm
      I say let's give the new guy a chance to prove himself. He is not Allison nor is he migs. Only time will tell.
      other then that, hoping for a quick recovery for Allison
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #21: Aug 10, 2019 08:25:59 pm
      Just saying that poor old adrian is getting it already

Ok mate. I thought he looked bright and confident on his very first outing. Think he will just fine 😉
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #22: Aug 10, 2019 08:29:12 pm
      The current side good enough to out score most opposition. Time to be positive & concentrate on winning games by an impressive score line !
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #23: Aug 10, 2019 08:43:16 pm
      Losing one of your best players is always a blow, reckon Alisson is going to be out for a few weeks.
      Somewhere Mignolet is F***ing raging that he left.

Hopefully Adrian has very little to do, but we all know Alisson won the team a lot of points last season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #24: Aug 10, 2019 10:25:22 pm

Heimdall - what’s happened to you? Do you still enjoy football?
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #25: Aug 10, 2019 10:29:32 pm
      Terrible blow to lose Alison big boots to fill an all that ,Adrian`s had 54 minutes on Friday and hes got a UEFA Super Cup to contend with come Wednesday some introduction to Liverpool Football Club is it not ,Im sure he will do his best and thats all anybody can ask, Jürgen doesnt do just for the sake of signings so I'm pretty sure hes done his homework , from what I can remember the guys pretty good, time will tell I suppose, anyway Alison  get better soon big fella we are all rooting for you.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #26: Aug 12, 2019 12:53:09 am
      Adrian is very capable in goal. He doesn't offer the same counter attacking ability, but he can make saves when needed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27: Aug 12, 2019 08:43:34 am
      Heimdall - what’s happened to you? Do you still enjoy football?

Of course I enjoy football, I enjoyed the match on Friday, very encouraging start to the season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Aug 12, 2019 08:58:10 am
      Adrian is very capable in goal. He doesn't offer the same counter attacking ability, but he can make saves when needed.

From what little I have seen he looks better than that muppet Fabianski who shifted to his right to give Raheem the easiest goal he'll ever score. I'd love to know why he was released by West Ham, that's the bit that worries me a bit, was it based on ability, attitude or did he simply run down his contract?
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #29: Aug 12, 2019 09:14:45 am
      Reading Alisson will be out for a month, big loss for us, but at least we have an experienced goal keeper as cover. He will be missed though, no doubt about that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Aug 12, 2019 09:40:00 am
      From what little I have seen he looks better than that muppet Fabianski who shifted to his right to give Raheem the easiest goal he'll ever score. I'd love to know why he was released by West Ham, that's the bit that worries me a bit, was it based on ability, attitude or did he simply run down his contract?

West Ham fans all seem to like him.
      From what I've seen he wanted first team football and wasn't going to get it so both sides seemed happy to let the contract run out.
      Ironic then that his new deal with LFC was as a backup, but hey look what a great opportunity he has now.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31: Aug 12, 2019 10:15:18 am

Always give credit to the striker, for a brilliant touch and finish. Ali might have have got to that one, but Im not so sure.

Was a good goal.

We will miss Ali of course, but Adrian guy is a good goalie, and will do ok, we generalloy outscore teams anyway, and he has some of the best defenders in the world in front of him. so all good.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #32: Aug 12, 2019 10:36:49 am

Fabianski was voted West Ham's player of the season last year, so although he looked like an idiot for that goal, he's not a bad keeper. Apparently Adrian was offered several contracts to extend his stay but didn't sign, and at that point WHU went with Fabianski as their number one.

Happy enough with him as no.2, but obviously losing Ali for any amount of time is a big blow. Hope his recovery is smooth and we have him back as soon as possible.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Aug 12, 2019 10:39:41 am
      Fabianski was voted West Ham's player of the season last year, so although he looked like an idiot for that goal, he's not a bad keeper. Apparently Adrian was offered several contracts to extend his stay but didn't sign, and at that point WHU went with Fabianski as their number one.

Happy enough with him as no.2, but obviously losing Ali for any amount of time is a big blow. Hope his recovery is smooth and we have him back as soon as possible.

OK so Fabianski was only promoted to #1 when Adrian refused a new contract, that makes me feel happier about him, well in terms of ability anyway.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #34: Aug 12, 2019 12:50:23 pm
      Big blow for me this one. I do rate Adrian and he's a great back up. But Allison not only gives the performances, he gives that dominance that assures the defenders. Even a slight element of doubt in defense on whether their back up keeper can deal with things is a weakness.

Like I said though, I rate Adrian and rather have him as back up then Migs any day.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35: Aug 12, 2019 02:49:56 pm
      Big blow for me this one. I do rate Adrian and he's a great back up. But Allison not only gives the performances, he gives that dominance that assures the defenders. Even a slight element of doubt in defense on whether their back up keeper can deal with things is a weakness.

Like I said though, I rate Adrian and rather have him as back up then Migs any day.

Looking at our matches, if he is only out for a month then it should all be ok.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36: Aug 12, 2019 02:57:03 pm
      Looking at our matches, if he is only out for a month then it should all be ok.

Depends on whether the injury is calf or calf & achilles.
      The latter would be detrimental to the season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: Aug 12, 2019 04:26:01 pm

I thought someone said that he was only out for a month, in which case it can't be to serious can it?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #38: Aug 12, 2019 04:29:51 pm
      Looking at fixtures, may only miss 3/4 league games.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #39: Aug 12, 2019 05:14:21 pm
      I feel for Allison so early in the season but this is why we brought in Adrian. He's a very experienced keeper and in my opinion a step up from Migs so I'm confident he'll do OK. I think he'll be quite confident himself considering he'll have one of the best back 4,s in the league in front of him.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #40: Aug 12, 2019 05:15:25 pm
      As bad as losing Ali is, it could have been much worse, 6 weeks out ive heard but that could be reduced significantly by his immediate withdrawal and how fit he is, Milly would be back after 6 days and a crate of Ribena,

It could be a blessing after his busy summer schedule and come back totally refreshed?

Get well soon big man !

YNWA
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #41: Aug 12, 2019 07:25:52 pm
      Not sure there has been any confirmation of how long he is gonna be out for? The wait suggests it is complicated though.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #42: Aug 12, 2019 09:57:31 pm
      Not sure there has been any confirmation of how long he is gonna be out for? The wait suggests it is complicated though.

Klopp said he heard 6-8 weeks and responded by saying Ali have never had an issue before..it's not going to be Wednesday but it will be a few weeks...so who knows?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #43: Aug 12, 2019 10:15:39 pm
      I thought someone said that he was only out for a month, in which case it can't be to serious can it?

Was only a risk if the achilles was injured.
      From what Klopp said it's only the calf, so only a few weeks.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44: Aug 13, 2019 01:59:44 am
      Don't think we'd miss him if it go to Penalties in the Super Cup.  :P
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #45: Aug 13, 2019 08:18:51 am
      Don't think we'd miss him if it go to Penalties in the Super Cup.  :P

yeah he was a bit crap with the City penalties, not sure how good or bad he normally is with pens?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #46: Aug 13, 2019 03:13:22 pm
      Accordng to reports our man is out for at least 6 weeks.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #47: Aug 13, 2019 08:25:06 pm

I had a torn calf, torn Achilles and amputated big toe.  Surgery on all of them was done on June 5th.

I was in tip top shape in less than a month.  I’m in pretty good shape.  47 years old, 5’10” 165lbs.  I think Becker can come back pretty quick if his injuries are not as bad as mine were.

Granted I’m not trying to play for LFC but, my work is very athletic and given the age difference I think he should be just fine by six weeks.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #48: Aug 13, 2019 08:28:31 pm
      I had a torn calf, torn Achilles and amputated big toe.  Surgery on all of them was done on June 5th.

I was in tip top shape in less than a month.  I’m in pretty good shape.  47 years old, 5’10” 165lbs.  I think Becker can come back pretty quick if his injuries are not as bad as mine were.

Granted I’m not trying to play for LFC but, my work is very athletic and given the age difference I think he should be just fine by six weeks.

Ouch, if you don't mind me asking what happened?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #49: Aug 14, 2019 01:46:11 pm
      yes. but you can do it in the Maureen Chelsea negative styley or Keegan Newcastle kamikaze styley. If our defence is weakened then we'll need to go a bit more Newcastle styley.

Jesus our back four must be very bad so? A goalkeeper injury and all of a sudden we are conceding lots of goals?

Relax. Adrian was No. 1 for West Ham not so long ago. He will do fine.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #50: Aug 14, 2019 03:02:32 pm
      Jesus our back four must be very bad so? A goalkeeper injury and all of a sudden we are conceding lots of goals?

As No.1 goalie for W.Ham the lad did well, on reflection he is deffo an improvement on our previous subs.
      Think because of Alisson's dynamic debut this season we were overly concerned about a/ the length of his absence and b/  after previous experience the quality of his replacement.

Once again we put our trust in Herr Klopp,
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #51: Aug 14, 2019 03:37:09 pm

In fairness, we have looked like conceding throughout pre-season and start of season.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #52: Aug 14, 2019 04:25:21 pm
      As big as our results.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #53: Aug 14, 2019 05:33:06 pm
      Ouch, if you don't mind me asking what happened?

Was pushing a mower up a hill on slick grass.  Calf and Achilles went then the mower came down and shredded my toe.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #54: Aug 14, 2019 06:09:06 pm

Fair point
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #55: Aug 15, 2019 12:30:52 pm
      Completely wrong thread, posting about last night's win on here  :)

Either way, thought Adrian was excellent last night and a worthy number 2. So good to see him win his first trophy with us in style. I hope Allison gets back soon enough as he is such a towering presence, but feel a lot better having Adrian instead of Migs for cover.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #56: Aug 15, 2019 02:30:40 pm
      The way Klopp and the lads embraced Adrian at the end last night should give him confidence over the next few weeks! At the same time think if we had alisson last night it doesn’t even go to extra time so the sooner he’s back the better, in the meantime I hope Adrian can help us out.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #57: Aug 15, 2019 02:34:18 pm
      The way Klopp and the lads embraced Adrian at the end last night should give him confidence over the next few weeks! At the same time think if we had alisson last night it doesn’t even go to extra time so the sooner he’s back the better, in the meantime I hope Adrian can help us out.

Big test will be against Arsenal but he should be ok as long as the defence sort themselves out a bit better.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #58: Aug 15, 2019 06:10:50 pm
      Thought the defence were very shakey last night. Thlought Gomez was getting caught out playing far to near the centre for me
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #59: Aug 16, 2019 08:37:52 am
      Thought the defence were very shakey last night. Thlought Gomez was getting caught out playing far to near the centre for me

yeah I'm really not a fan of Gomez at RB, not sure why Klopp persists with this when he has another option in Hoever, I'd be giving him some more game time, see if he's ready to make the step up.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #60: Aug 16, 2019 12:27:41 pm
      He's the best keeper in the League so it is obviously a setback.

Having said that, if i had a choice between Mignolet, Karius or Adrian it would be Adrian every time.

These next few weeks will fly by and he'll be back before you know it. I know nothing about Adrian but he definitely seems very confident with the ball at his feet, the same didn't apply with the two previous blunderbusses.

Have to say the defence is looking shaky to me, not a fan of Gomez being shifted around. He stays at CB for me. Constantly rotating positions is not good for defensive cohesion.

We'll be fine though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #61: Aug 16, 2019 01:25:12 pm
      Not as big a setback as the Adrian injury at this point....sheesh.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #62: Aug 16, 2019 02:44:36 pm

Unbelievable story.

I.....guess we would go with Lonergan over Kelleher.....I.....guess .
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #63: Aug 16, 2019 03:25:31 pm

Some media outlets have already changed your word to “crisis”. That’s how big they think it is. :mad:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #64: Aug 16, 2019 03:41:49 pm
      Anyone going the game tomorrow, take your gloves, you might get a game!!

Quick Reply