Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

How big a setback is the Alisson injury?

Read 22098 times
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      How big a setback is the Alisson injury?
      Aug 10, 2019 02:22:42 am
      His injury is a huge setback. I hope he is not out for too long. Jürgen's post match comments seem to suggest that the injury is a bit serious.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Re: How big a setback is the Alisson injury?
      Reply #1: Aug 10, 2019 08:11:06 am
      Such a shame for Alisson and us but as I think Mag said in the match thread, thankfully we got another GK, who on his first game looked confident and hopefully can handle the pressure.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Aug 10, 2019 09:15:46 am
      Such a shame for Alisson and us but as I think Mag said in the match thread, thankfully we got another GK, who on his first game looked confident and hopefully can handle the pressure.

To be honest Adrian didn't look that much better than Migs, he should have done better to prevent their goal and had sod all else to do really.
      We'll just have to outscore everyone until Becker is back.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3: Aug 10, 2019 09:17:00 am
      To be honest Adrian didn't look that much better than Migs, he should have done better to prevent their goal and had sod all else to do really.

You must be joking mate. Watch the goal again Alisson ain't getting to that either.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4: Aug 10, 2019 09:21:30 am
      You must be joking mate. Watch the goal again Alisson ain't getting to that either.

I suggest you watch it again, the ball went under his hand so of course a quicker goalie would have saved it.
      I guess I'm ok with Adrian, but I'd much rather have a backup keeper like Bravo instead of someone released by West Ham.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Aug 10, 2019 09:57:17 am
      Aah, the goalkeeping experts are back. On that note i am missing rib's medical diagnosis of alisson's injury
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #6: Aug 10, 2019 09:58:06 am

Isn't outscoring the opposition kind of the whole point of football ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7: Aug 10, 2019 10:36:05 am
      Isn't outscoring the opposition kind of the whole point of football ?

yes. but you can do it in the Maureen Chelsea negative styley or Keegan Newcastle kamikaze styley. If our defence is weakened then we'll need to go a bit more Newcastle styley.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #8: Aug 10, 2019 10:40:55 am

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Give it a rest
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #9: Aug 10, 2019 10:43:05 am
      Aah, the goalkeeping experts are back. On that note i am missing rib's medical diagnosis of alisson's injury

Not claiming to be a GK expert, I just know that Mignolet was sh*te. Anyone with eyes in their head can tell you that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10: Aug 10, 2019 10:58:28 am

For the record I think Adrian is better than Migs but unlike some of you he didn't really blow me away yesterday, he looked ok but then he hardly had anything to do, the bigger test for him will be Wednesday.

At the end of the day I hope Allison is back as soon as possible but until that time we are in ok hands, but its not like we have some top keeper as backup. This is a guy who was released by West Ham and unless he deliberately ran down his contract to join us then that really doesn't paint him in a great light does it. I mean being released by a team like West Ham, wow that must be depressing, then he wins the lottery and joins us plus gets to be the main goalie for a few weeks/months, I bet he can't believe his luck.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #11: Aug 10, 2019 02:11:27 pm
      Not claiming to be a GK expert, I just know that Mignolet was sh*te. Anyone with eyes in their head can tell you that.

Just saying that poor old adrian is getting it already
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #12: Aug 10, 2019 03:15:13 pm
      Good hit by Pukki last night.  Got his shot away quick and don't think many keepers would have got down quick enough to stop it.

Hopefully Alisson isn't out to long.  He's definitely worth a fair number of points over the course of a season. 

Adrian's a better keeper than Mignolet though so we're going to be in a better situation than we would have been a week ago.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Aug 10, 2019 03:46:25 pm

For the record I think Adrian is better than Migs but unlike some of you he didn't really blow me away yesterday, he looked ok but then he hardly had anything to do, the bigger test for him will be Wednesday.

At the end of the day I hope Allison is back as soon as possible but until that time we are in ok hands, but its not like we have some top keeper as backup. This is a guy who was released by West Ham and unless he deliberately ran down his contract to join us then that really doesn't paint him in a great light does it. I mean being released by a team like West Ham, wow that must be depressing, then he wins the lottery and joins us plus gets to be the main goalie for a few weeks/months, I bet he can't believe his luck.

We don't know yet how good our new backup is. Everybody who is a backup is a backup for a reason, but I guarantee you the reason Adrian hadn't signed with anyone at this time last week is because he knew and we knew something was in the works with Mignolet,  he was the caliber of backup we wanted, and we were.the caliber of club to play backup for that he was waiting for.

The injury does sound serious and there's some paper talk now that we might sign Lonergan after all (has the registration deadline passed?). Hopefully Ali is a quick healer.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #14: Aug 10, 2019 05:37:38 pm
      I suggest you watch it again, the ball went under his hand so of course a quicker goalie would have saved it.

On a scale of 1-10 just how f**king clueless are you? I vote 11

Other than Elastigirl no one is getting a hand to that ball ffs
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #15: Aug 10, 2019 05:39:11 pm
      Schedule is not bad enough where we cannot cope with Adrian for a few weeks. CL doesn’t start for a while either so impact should not be huge
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16: Aug 10, 2019 05:43:51 pm
      On a scale of 1-10 just how f**king clueless are you? I vote 11

Other than Elastigirl no one is getting a hand to that ball ffs

Why the insults? Can't you just disagree and argue your point in a civil manner?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #17: Aug 10, 2019 05:47:14 pm
      Why the insults? Can't you just disagree and argue your point in a civil manner?

Because your act is really really tired out, hence why you have people telling you to cut it out.

Hint: when a few people keep telling you something, maybe it’s you and not them that need to think it through.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18: Aug 10, 2019 06:03:46 pm

Not a lot he could do, was a well taken goal by Pukki, who looked Norwich's most dangerous player. I applauded the goal! By the way it needs more than one appearance before you can go judging a player. Judgements about Mignolet are after six years at the club. To compare Adrian to him after one game is a bit F***ing stupid.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #19: Aug 10, 2019 06:07:06 pm
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #20: Aug 10, 2019 06:13:34 pm
      I say let's give the new guy a chance to prove himself. He is not Allison nor is he migs. Only time will tell.
      other then that, hoping for a quick recovery for Allison
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #21: Aug 10, 2019 08:25:59 pm
      Just saying that poor old adrian is getting it already

Ok mate. I thought he looked bright and confident on his very first outing. Think he will just fine 😉
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #22: Aug 10, 2019 08:29:12 pm
      The current side good enough to out score most opposition. Time to be positive & concentrate on winning games by an impressive score line !

Quick Reply