Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

How big a setback is the Alisson injury?

Read 22100 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: How big a setback is the Alisson injury?
      Reply #23: Aug 10, 2019 08:43:16 pm
      Losing one of your best players is always a blow, reckon Alisson is going to be out for a few weeks.
      Somewhere Mignolet is F***ing raging that he left.

Hopefully Adrian has very little to do, but we all know Alisson won the team a lot of points last season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #24: Aug 10, 2019 10:25:22 pm
      Why the insults? Can't you just disagree and argue your point in a civil manner?

Heimdall - what’s happened to you? Do you still enjoy football?
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #25: Aug 10, 2019 10:29:32 pm
      Terrible blow to lose Alison big boots to fill an all that ,Adrian`s had 54 minutes on Friday and hes got a UEFA Super Cup to contend with come Wednesday some introduction to Liverpool Football Club is it not ,Im sure he will do his best and thats all anybody can ask, Jürgen doesnt do just for the sake of signings so I'm pretty sure hes done his homework , from what I can remember the guys pretty good, time will tell I suppose, anyway Alison  get better soon big fella we are all rooting for you.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #26: Aug 12, 2019 12:53:09 am
      Adrian is very capable in goal. He doesn't offer the same counter attacking ability, but he can make saves when needed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27: Aug 12, 2019 08:43:34 am
      Heimdall - what’s happened to you? Do you still enjoy football?

Of course I enjoy football, I enjoyed the match on Friday, very encouraging start to the season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Aug 12, 2019 08:58:10 am
      Adrian is very capable in goal. He doesn't offer the same counter attacking ability, but he can make saves when needed.

From what little I have seen he looks better than that muppet Fabianski who shifted to his right to give Raheem the easiest goal he'll ever score. I'd love to know why he was released by West Ham, that's the bit that worries me a bit, was it based on ability, attitude or did he simply run down his contract?
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #29: Aug 12, 2019 09:14:45 am
      Reading Alisson will be out for a month, big loss for us, but at least we have an experienced goal keeper as cover. He will be missed though, no doubt about that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Aug 12, 2019 09:40:00 am
      From what little I have seen he looks better than that muppet Fabianski who shifted to his right to give Raheem the easiest goal he'll ever score. I'd love to know why he was released by West Ham, that's the bit that worries me a bit, was it based on ability, attitude or did he simply run down his contract?

West Ham fans all seem to like him.
      From what I've seen he wanted first team football and wasn't going to get it so both sides seemed happy to let the contract run out.
      Ironic then that his new deal with LFC was as a backup, but hey look what a great opportunity he has now.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31: Aug 12, 2019 10:15:18 am

Always give credit to the striker, for a brilliant touch and finish. Ali might have have got to that one, but Im not so sure.

Was a good goal.

We will miss Ali of course, but Adrian guy is a good goalie, and will do ok, we generalloy outscore teams anyway, and he has some of the best defenders in the world in front of him. so all good.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #32: Aug 12, 2019 10:36:49 am

Fabianski was voted West Ham's player of the season last year, so although he looked like an idiot for that goal, he's not a bad keeper. Apparently Adrian was offered several contracts to extend his stay but didn't sign, and at that point WHU went with Fabianski as their number one.

Happy enough with him as no.2, but obviously losing Ali for any amount of time is a big blow. Hope his recovery is smooth and we have him back as soon as possible.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Aug 12, 2019 10:39:41 am
      Fabianski was voted West Ham's player of the season last year, so although he looked like an idiot for that goal, he's not a bad keeper. Apparently Adrian was offered several contracts to extend his stay but didn't sign, and at that point WHU went with Fabianski as their number one.

Happy enough with him as no.2, but obviously losing Ali for any amount of time is a big blow. Hope his recovery is smooth and we have him back as soon as possible.

OK so Fabianski was only promoted to #1 when Adrian refused a new contract, that makes me feel happier about him, well in terms of ability anyway.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #34: Aug 12, 2019 12:50:23 pm
      Big blow for me this one. I do rate Adrian and he's a great back up. But Allison not only gives the performances, he gives that dominance that assures the defenders. Even a slight element of doubt in defense on whether their back up keeper can deal with things is a weakness.

Like I said though, I rate Adrian and rather have him as back up then Migs any day.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35: Aug 12, 2019 02:49:56 pm
      Big blow for me this one. I do rate Adrian and he's a great back up. But Allison not only gives the performances, he gives that dominance that assures the defenders. Even a slight element of doubt in defense on whether their back up keeper can deal with things is a weakness.

Like I said though, I rate Adrian and rather have him as back up then Migs any day.

Looking at our matches, if he is only out for a month then it should all be ok.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36: Aug 12, 2019 02:57:03 pm
      Looking at our matches, if he is only out for a month then it should all be ok.

Depends on whether the injury is calf or calf & achilles.
      The latter would be detrimental to the season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37: Aug 12, 2019 04:26:01 pm
      Depends on whether the injury is calf or calf & achilles.
      The latter would be detrimental to the season.

I thought someone said that he was only out for a month, in which case it can't be to serious can it?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #38: Aug 12, 2019 04:29:51 pm
      Looking at fixtures, may only miss 3/4 league games.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #39: Aug 12, 2019 05:14:21 pm
      I feel for Allison so early in the season but this is why we brought in Adrian. He's a very experienced keeper and in my opinion a step up from Migs so I'm confident he'll do OK. I think he'll be quite confident himself considering he'll have one of the best back 4,s in the league in front of him.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #40: Aug 12, 2019 05:15:25 pm
      As bad as losing Ali is, it could have been much worse, 6 weeks out ive heard but that could be reduced significantly by his immediate withdrawal and how fit he is, Milly would be back after 6 days and a crate of Ribena,

It could be a blessing after his busy summer schedule and come back totally refreshed?

Get well soon big man !

YNWA
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #41: Aug 12, 2019 07:25:52 pm
      Not sure there has been any confirmation of how long he is gonna be out for? The wait suggests it is complicated though.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #42: Aug 12, 2019 09:57:31 pm
      Not sure there has been any confirmation of how long he is gonna be out for? The wait suggests it is complicated though.

Klopp said he heard 6-8 weeks and responded by saying Ali have never had an issue before..it's not going to be Wednesday but it will be a few weeks...so who knows?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #43: Aug 12, 2019 10:15:39 pm
      I thought someone said that he was only out for a month, in which case it can't be to serious can it?

Was only a risk if the achilles was injured.
      From what Klopp said it's only the calf, so only a few weeks.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44: Aug 13, 2019 01:59:44 am
      Don't think we'd miss him if it go to Penalties in the Super Cup.  :P
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #45: Aug 13, 2019 08:18:51 am
      Don't think we'd miss him if it go to Penalties in the Super Cup.  :P

yeah he was a bit crap with the City penalties, not sure how good or bad he normally is with pens?

Quick Reply