Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

UEFA Super Cup: Liverpool v Chelsea. 14 August KO 20:00 BST

Read 37361 times
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: UEFA Super Cup: Liverpool v Chelsea. 14 August KO 20:00 BST
      Reply #92: Aug 13, 2019 04:09:57 pm
      Whether this is considered a "minor" trophy or not, we should 100% want to win it.  We've not exactly been prolific in winning trophies prior to the CL so let's go for it.

Chelsea were better on Sunday than a lot on here are giving credit for, albeit they got sucker-punched a few times.  They played some good football and the way we've been defending, will cause us problems.

We are the better side though so I expect a 2-1 or 3-1 victory and a nice shiny cup!

COYR!!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #93: Aug 13, 2019 04:17:08 pm
      Oh I'm so charged up and looking forward to the game. I'll be adopting a 10 no nonsense attitude going into this game to ensure success. It's so important to me to "win at all costs" because I'm looking at Man City, even if it makes me less of a human. So here are the 10. So excited! ;D

"I expect us to walk this game, nothing less than 8-0. No one is allowed to take foot off the gas. Even it means risking their bodies. They're paid sh*t loads to destory their bodies for our entertainment."
      "I will not tolerate any complacency by any of the lads. They'll get the stick from me."
      "I will not praise the lads if they do well, because if it gets into their head, they will become complacent. Anyway I've never been happy with them because they're never perfect. A no carrot approach ensures success."
      "I shall not celebrate if we score tap-ins. To me these are low level goals, with no pride. All 8 goals have to be spectacular Hollywood balls."
      "I'll yawn if Adrian plays because he ain't good enough for me despite being good enough for Klopp. I prefer world class subs. I expect Adrian to save everything. To me, every shot can be saved. So he has no excuse. Let in a goal, and I've told you so, Adrian ain't good enough."
      "I'll complain till the cows come home over a single sign of sloppiness even if we win 8-0. Can't let it get to the lads."
      "Quality full throttle entertainment is what I expect and rightly so because I'm a fan and we have the right to demand even if we don't pay the club a single cent. More importantly, Man city. We must be better than them."
      "Backpasses will not be tolerated. Not allowed to keep the ball and rest. They've got to keep attacking to satisfy my desire for full 90m entertainment."
      "I expect our best starting 11 to play 90m. Our bench cannot compete because the drop in quality is too great. Unlike Man City. Also, I don't really trust our bench!"
      "Lastly, if we lose I'm waiting or blame Klopp for not buying Nicolas Pepe who WANTS to join us. Which player wouldn't want to join the CL champions? Those who wouldn't have no ambition."

Sorry for my negativity. Nonetheless this view of "mine" is valid. Because I aspire to be the saddest most negative souless fan. And really, that's my own problem. Nothing wrong.  :aaliverpool2xt1:

You'd pity my child because I'd whip them like that till they're champions in school. I'm sure you won't want to be my staff either since my management style is a stick approach with absolutely no carrots.

Anyway time to go get a life now... Until kickoff. And mind you I'm going in with this mentality because "I love the club more than any other fan!" You can disagree with me. But you might "risk me labelling you by some funny names, depending on my mood".

Just kidding and don't worry. I have no right to judge you. I didn't know being a Liverpool fan can be so miserable. Ok, I'll take back all I've said. I only wanted to be FRANK. I'll enjoy the game and be behind every one of the lads. Maybe 3-0 to us. Let's go!

.... I see.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #94: Aug 13, 2019 04:31:31 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #95: Aug 13, 2019 05:57:03 pm
      Oh I'm so charged up and looking forward to the game. I'll be adopting a 10 no nonsense attitude going into this game to ensure success. It's so important to me to "win at all costs" because I'm looking at Man City, even if it makes me less of a human. So here are the 10. So excited! ;D

"I expect us to walk this game, nothing less than 8-0. No one is allowed to take foot off the gas. Even it means risking their bodies. They're paid sh*t loads to destory their bodies for our entertainment."
      "I will not tolerate any complacency by any of the lads. They'll get the stick from me."
      "I will not praise the lads if they do well, because if it gets into their head, they will become complacent. Anyway I've never been happy with them because they're never perfect. A no carrot approach ensures success."
      "I shall not celebrate if we score tap-ins. To me these are low level goals, with no pride. All 8 goals have to be spectacular Hollywood balls."
      "I'll yawn if Adrian plays because he ain't good enough for me despite being good enough for Klopp. I prefer world class subs. I expect Adrian to save everything. To me, every shot can be saved. So he has no excuse. Let in a goal, and I've told you so, Adrian ain't good enough."
      "I'll complain till the cows come home over a single sign of sloppiness even if we win 8-0. Can't let it get to the lads."
      "Quality full throttle entertainment is what I expect and rightly so because I'm a fan and we have the right to demand even if we don't pay the club a single cent. More importantly, Man city. We must be better than them."
      "Backpasses will not be tolerated. Not allowed to keep the ball and rest. They've got to keep attacking to satisfy my desire for full 90m entertainment."
      "I expect our best starting 11 to play 90m. Our bench cannot compete because the drop in quality is too great. Unlike Man City. Also, I don't really trust our bench!"
      "Lastly, if we lose I'm waiting or blame Klopp for not buying Nicolas Pepe who WANTS to join us. Which player wouldn't want to join the CL champions? Those who wouldn't have no ambition."

Sorry for my negativity. Nonetheless this view of "mine" is valid. Because I aspire to be the saddest most negative souless fan. And really, that's my own problem. Nothing wrong.  :aaliverpool2xt1:

You'd pity my child because I'd whip them like that till they're champions in school. I'm sure you won't want to be my staff either since my management style is a stick approach with absolutely no carrots.

Anyway time to go get a life now... Until kickoff. And mind you I'm going in with this mentality because "I love the club more than any other fan!" You can disagree with me. But you might "risk me labelling you by some funny names, depending on my mood".

Just kidding and don't worry. I have no right to judge you. I didn't know being a Liverpool fan can be so miserable. Ok, I'll take back all I've said. I only wanted to be FRANK. I'll enjoy the game and be behind every one of the lads. Maybe 3-0 to us. Let's go!

:laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #96: Aug 13, 2019 06:26:42 pm
      1. I don't expect many changes, if any.

Mane for Origi

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #97: Aug 13, 2019 06:55:34 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #98: Aug 13, 2019 07:08:14 pm

Just watched that. He was under his own power and seemed to be flexing his calf a bit. He wasn't even limping, but deffo left w a trainer. Hopefully they just had concert tickets.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2019 07:18:17 pm by Robby The Z »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #99: Aug 13, 2019 07:17:58 pm
      The rest of the training was awesome to watch. After the warmups and team bonding gauntlet running and head slapping, they played three groups of 7-8  rondos. veteran British players all together with Mane in one group.

Next they did a pattern of play.drill with three lines beginning at edge of 18, no defenders and a lot of 1v1 shooting with keepers. Adrian and Lonergan each made some nice saves. Salah was good in these as you would expect, while Fabinho and Harvey Elliott also showed some nice finished. Players, Klopp and coached were smiling throughout these drills. Then they went to an 11v11 in a 40-yard grid. The feed stopped during this but it was good to see them all (except Naby) taking part.

This has got me right hyped for tomorrow's match.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2019 08:30:11 pm by Robby The Z »
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #100: Aug 13, 2019 07:56:01 pm
      6-0

Make the plastic chavs cry again
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #101: Aug 13, 2019 08:41:00 pm
      Going for 3  1 for the Reds, no need to go into top gear, with a weekend game ahead.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #102: Aug 13, 2019 08:49:06 pm
      Going for 3  1 for the Reds, no need to go into top gear, with a weekend game ahead.

That's the best scenario isn't it. Win it and get the job done without sacrificing precious resources for the weekend. Even a boring win will do for me. And yes, in our favourite city...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #103: Aug 13, 2019 08:49:55 pm
      Reminds me of sister Kevin at sts Peter and Paul. She had massive forearms and a formidable moustache. If my hair was too long she'd pull it...hard.

Which in turn reminds me of the super Cup.

You don't happen to have her number do ya mate, I quite fancy getting milked by her when watching those naked nuns with guns, needless to say there'll be lots of 'Shooting ' going on, before and after the match 😉😁

You'll never w*nk alone !!

ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #104: Aug 13, 2019 08:52:53 pm

Why does this fella's body keep breaking down?

"You have a working car but you upgraded thinking the new car is better. Suddenly the new car keeps breaking down..."

Omg!  :mad:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #105: Aug 13, 2019 09:00:07 pm
      According to Ben Dinnery our only injuries are Clyne and Alisson.

Maybe just a precaution thing with Keita?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #106: Aug 13, 2019 09:09:32 pm
      Looks like he hasn’t adapted at all to the new training regime at LFC or maybe just very unlucky but either way he is crucial to us this season imo.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #107: Aug 13, 2019 11:34:12 pm

You don't happen to have her number do ya mate, I quite fancy getting milked by her when watching those naked nuns with guns, needless to say there'll be lots of 'Shooting ' going on, before and after the match 😉😁

You'll never w*nk alone !!

I'm afraid the good Sister has since gone to that great knuckle-rapping practice center in the sky. They say she was buried wearing her favorite pair of combat boots and with several broken rulers (from some of the more vigorous knuckle raps of us unruly boys) in her coffin. I'm dedicating my support for the Chelsea match to Sister Kevin.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #108: Aug 14, 2019 01:53:54 am
      On the official site, Klopp talks about changes to the XI in the context of players who had done well in preseason but hadn't been able to play for a couple of matches, so perhaps we will see more than a couple of changes after all.

Fairly certain the comments came before Naby had to leave training early.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #109: Aug 14, 2019 02:29:07 am
      IJ_Statspert
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #110: Aug 14, 2019 04:16:42 am
      2-0 for reds
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #111: Aug 14, 2019 09:42:09 am
      I think we'll see some changes tonight. It would be nice to win this super cup but I don't think it's a massive priority. We could see Fabinho at the back tonight maybe or some of the youngsters but I think he should prioritise the league before this.

Adrian
      Hoever.       Matip.       Fabinho.     Larousi
                                Lallana
                Ox.                       Milner
      Shaqiri.          Origi.                 Mane.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #112: Aug 14, 2019 10:07:45 am
      I can now see Mane starting, probably give him 60mins
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #113: Aug 14, 2019 11:11:54 am
      I think we'll see some changes tonight. It would be nice to win this super cup but I don't think it's a massive priority. We could see Fabinho at the back tonight maybe or some of the youngsters but I think he should prioritise the league before this.

Adrian
      Hoever.       Matip.       Fabinho.     Larousi
                                Lallana
                Ox.                       Milner
      Shaqiri.          Origi.                 Mane.

Mate, incase it might have escaped your notice, pre - season has come and gone, were at game match two, a piece of silverware to obtain,  in a exceedingly rare outing in the Champions Trophy,
      Extremely doubtful Jürgen would field a weakened X1 bending over to let fat Frank pulverise his poop chute !!

YNWA 
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #114: Aug 14, 2019 11:19:01 am
      Gone for a 2-0 win but hope we absolutely smash them!!

Either way, let’s lift another trophy reds.

Quick Reply