Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Adrián
      20 (17.4%)
      Shamal George
      3 (2.6%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (3.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (6.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (3.5%)
       Fabinho
      4 (3.5%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.9%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      49 (42.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      23 (20%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: Aug 18, 2019 10:47:51 pm

Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool (4-5 pens AET): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 62682 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Re: Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool (4-5 pens AET): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #690: Aug 15, 2019 09:25:17 pm
      Didn't Carra say that Sky have more cameras available than VAR. Maybe a deal needs to be struck, for televised games.

VAR need to consult with the SKY / BT Sport commentators who can check their own footage live on air..  :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Aug 15, 2019 09:30:09 pm by DanMann »
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #691: Aug 15, 2019 09:27:17 pm
      Why did you think it was a penalty with the first angle? We only got to see 4-5 camera angles, the VAR team would have another 20 more or so available. Only one of them has to show a foul, to justify the call.

Hold on, are you now saying that VAR have 20 angles to check the incidents?

Certainly doesn't seem to be the case from previous incidents... and they certainly don't seem to be taking the time to check 20 angles as that would be a few minutes of work right there. There was no actual delay last night. Ref called it, and pretty quickly the VAR gave the go ahead.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #692: Aug 15, 2019 10:39:04 pm
      Didn't Carra say that Sky have more cameras available than VAR. Maybe a deal needs to be struck, for televised games.

Great point mate , if nothing else it would provide them with more angles and information to get it right every time then is down to interpretation which is another box of frogs.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #693: Aug 15, 2019 10:50:50 pm
      It seems var has it's faults too, there does not seem a perfect solution to these problems yet.

I don't believe there ever will be, I see the benefits of video reviews as it been implemented in a lot of sports I follow but see the same pattern of issues when it first comes in. I think overall it will be for the benefit of the game but it won't get every call right and there will be continued debate about it for years to go (especially about when to go to review as oppose to not)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #694: Aug 16, 2019 01:15:55 am
      First chance to get in here and say GET THE F**k INNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Another Trophy in the Cabinet....46 in all. Back on our f**king Perch where we belong!

Well done lads. I'll never forget that vision of Jürgen at the final whistle, sprinting to get to Adrian! Iconic.

My only downside was seeing a Liverpool Fan, yes a Liverpool fan, wearing a halfie/half scarf with those Cu*ts on one half. Was he f**king serious?

« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2019 01:31:35 am by AussieRed »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #695: Aug 16, 2019 08:18:38 am
      Why did you think it was a penalty with the first angle? We only got to see 4-5 camera angles, the VAR team would have another 20 more or so available. Only one of them has to show a foul, to justify the call.

The BBC reported that Adrian caught the player on the knee, in that case technically it was not a dive. When he was with West Ham against us in the 2014 run in, he conceded an almost identical foul when he took Flanagan down in the box. Everyone except our fans said Flanagan dived, except he didn't. Gerrard scored the spot kick and we won 2-1.

On the offside calls, Aldo ranted at the delay for the flag to go up. Gillespie also still doesn't understand why for VAR reasons, the flag doesn't go up until a move ends, despite repeatedly being told why by the commentators alongside them. It's not a rule as such, it's a directive, and it's there for reasons so simple, that even I can understand it. It's not rocket science.

I disagree with this, firstly it was confirmed that VAR do not have as many camera angles as the viewers have, which is just nuts. I agree it probably was a penalty, but an extremely soft one and in any case the referee's decision can only be overturned if it is clearly wrong, which it wasn't as it was very hard to determine if there was or wasn't contact.

As to the discussion on offsides not being flagged immediately then that makes zero sense to me, if a player is offside in any part of their attack then any subsequent goal will be disallowed anyway so why not flag it straight away instead of wasting everyone's time and risking an injury etc? That law/directive urgently needs to be looked at as its nonsense.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #696: Aug 16, 2019 08:37:33 am
      Refs get appraised on their performance in a match,my question is do the VAR refs get appraised if not why not.In most cases the VAR decisions are critical to the match results.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #697: Aug 16, 2019 09:08:09 am
      Only one of them has to show a foul, to justify the call.

Well that’s a load of complete bollocks because from that one angle it may well look like a foul, but from another angle it can show that it wasn’t.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #698: Aug 16, 2019 12:55:52 pm
      Danny Murphy made point that VAR ruins the spontaneity of the game. Muted celebration etc. But getting decisions right is more important.

Before VAR what percentage did the officials get right. Probably in the high 80's out of 100.Some refs do better than others. And some decision are subjective.Offsides are more straight forward.Some VAR decision obviously won't affect the result, and won't get the same publicity if a VAR mistake happens, that doesn't affect the result.

Considering we moan that we get robbed more than most we should benefit from VAR.We shall see.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #699: Aug 16, 2019 01:58:04 pm
      Danny Murphy made point that VAR ruins the spontaneity of the game. Muted celebration etc. But getting decisions right is more important.

Before VAR what percentage did the officials get right. Probably in the high 80's out of 100.Some refs do better than others. And some decision are subjective.Offsides are more straight forward.Some VAR decision obviously won't affect the result, and won't get the same publicity if a VAR mistake happens, that doesn't affect the result.

Considering we moan that we get robbed more than most we should benefit from VAR.We shall see.

I disagree with that, for example for our first goal on Wednesday, I had a small fist pump but waited until it was confirmed as good before really celebrating, its the same with cricket when there is a review. If anything it makes it more exciting, these luddite pundits need to stop moaning about VAR, its getting bloody tedious.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #700: Aug 16, 2019 02:10:34 pm
      It seems var has it's faults too, there does not seem a perfect solution to these problems yet.

Less faulted than some referees!
      As an example take the manc games in the past when manc supporting officials were affected by their support ethic, being mobbed by their hysterical players, screamed at by their manager and deluded supporters etc etc.
      Better a decision from an unaffected, impartial source with enhanced visuals than an official driven to distraction.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #701: Aug 16, 2019 03:22:46 pm
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #702: Aug 16, 2019 05:40:24 pm

What are we doing keeping track of friendlies!  ???

:lmao:

Quick Reply