Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Southamption v Liverpool (17th August 2019 - 3 p.m.)

Read 55596 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Southamption v Liverpool (17th August 2019 - 3 p.m.)
      Aug 15, 2019 03:24:54 pm
      So in less than 48 hours we will be in another competitive match. A lot of comments in the SuperCup thread about how the team for this one will be difficult to select.

Some questions:

1, Will Naby Keita be fit for selection?
      2. Will Klopp rotate with a number of players having just gone 120 minutes on Wednesday (Virgil, Matip, Gomez, Henderson, Fabinho, Salah) ?
      3. Would he consider using kids Brewster, Hoever or Elliott in a match like this?

Personally I love it when we have games so thick and fast as I don't have to wait for the next one (although I'm still reveling in the  trophy won last night). I suspect Klopp prefers one match per week, however.

What are your expectations and thoughts on these and other questions?
      « Last Edit: Aug 15, 2019 06:56:26 pm by Robby The Z »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Pre-Match: Southamption v Liverpool (17th August 2019 - 3 p.m.)
      Reply #1: Aug 15, 2019 03:28:04 pm
      So in less than 48 hours we will be in another competitive match. A lot of comments in the SuperCup thread about how the team for this one will be difficult to select.

Some questions:

1, Will Naby Keita be fit for selection?
      2. Will Klopp rotate with a number of players having just gone 120 minutes on Wednesday (Virgil, Matip, Gomez, Henderson, Fabinho, Salah) ?
      3. Would he consider using kids Brewster, Hoever or Elliott in a match like this?

Personally I love it when we have games so thick and fast as I don't have to wait for the next one (although I'm still reveling in the  trophy won last night). I suspect Klopp prefers one match per week, howeever.

What are your expectations and thoughts on these and other questions?

I think Klopp will have to rotate quite heavily for this match and Southampton would be a good chance to see some of the youngsters get a chance alongside Shaq, Lallana etc
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Aug 15, 2019 03:57:33 pm
      Don’t mind the games close together, some of our best performances last season were over the Christmas period when we had lots of games, think we won every game.

If you are winning then you can’t wait for the next game so sure the players will be up for this.

Training will have been lighter going into the game so I don’t think we will see wholesale changes. I’d expect Bobby will be on from the start, Gini will come in for one of Fab, Milner or Hendo (could be any given they were all terrible vs Chelsea) and Trent will come in for Gomez at RB. Who starts at CB with Virgil is anyone’s guess.

Other than that, I can’t see too many changes. Would Salah drop out of the starting line up? Wouldn’t like to say but if he does then hopefully we go with Shaqiri.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3: Aug 15, 2019 04:13:32 pm
      The less changes we need to make the better really.

Can see room in the team for Lallana and Shaq, perhaps Origi too. Theres not much we can change at the back even if we wanted too. I think they all played a part last night except Lovren who we are trying to flog.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #4: Aug 15, 2019 05:25:11 pm
      Adrian

TAA Hoever Virgil Robbo
      Lallana Milner Gini
      Shaq Origi Firmino
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5: Aug 15, 2019 05:29:41 pm
      Adrian

TAA Hoever Virgil Robbo
      Lallana Milner Gini
      Shaq Origi Firmino

Are you giving odds on this because I'm about ready to mortgage my house and bet the whole thing that this is not the lineup 🙂
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #6: Aug 15, 2019 06:15:37 pm
      Adrian

TAA Hoever Virgil Robbo
      Lallana Milner Gini
      Shaq Origi Firmino

Yeah you have given that some thought !!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7: Aug 15, 2019 07:19:24 pm
      Adrian

TAA Hoever Virgil Robbo
      Lallana Milner Gini
      Shaq Origi Firmino

That’s never, ever happening.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #8: Aug 15, 2019 07:23:51 pm
      That’s never, ever happening.
      :lmao:

It's good Klopp doesn't think like I do, he? Dude would be out of a job. Part of me would truly love to see some of the names on the sheet get a run though. After a crazy 5 days we need to explore options in our squad. 120 minutes is a MF. I think Lallana, Shaq, and Hoever could do a job. We need them too if we want any chance of winning the league and competing elsewhere
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #9: Aug 15, 2019 09:24:43 pm
      In my opinion, the only question is whether Matip or Gomez partners VVD.  I'm guessing it will be Matip. 

Adrian
      TAA - Matip - VVD - Robbo
      Fabinho
      Hendo - Gini
      Salah - Bobby - Mane

Any win will do.  Just get the 3 points with no injuries.  We have a full week between this and the Arsenal match, so plenty of time to get tired legs fresh again. 
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #10: Aug 15, 2019 09:28:55 pm
      In my opinion, the only question is whether Matip or Gomez partners VVD.  I'm guessing it will be Matip. 

Adrian
      TAA - Matip - VVD - Robbo
      Fabinho
      Hendo - Gini
      Salah - Bobby - Mane

Any win will do.  Just get the 3 points with no injuries.  We have a full week between this and the Arsenal match, so plenty of time to get tired legs fresh again. 

Matip for me, few wayward passes yesterday but his defending was excellent.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #11: Aug 16, 2019 12:00:15 am
      I wouldn’t expect too many changes. I think we could see lallana come in for Fabinho (who looked shattered last night). Other than that it will be our strongest lineup I should think. Gini, Trent and Firmino all back into the starting line up. Seen and read a few posts suggesting Mo could be rested, like fook is that happening.

Fingers crossed the lads aren’t too leggy though.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #12: Aug 16, 2019 12:16:09 am
      I wouldn’t expect too many changes. I think we could see lallana come in for Fabinho (who looked shattered last night). Other than that it will be our strongest lineup I should think. Gini, Trent and Firmino all back into the starting line up. Seen and read a few posts suggesting Mo could be rested, like fook is that happening.

Fingers crossed the lads aren’t too leggy though.

Don't think this forum and Liverpool fandom worldwide could possibly cope with the meltdown that would follow lallana being picked as a dm
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #13: Aug 16, 2019 12:32:46 am
      I expect to see a couple changes to the side to keep some of the legs fresh after tough 120 minutes mid-week. Though i don't agree with it I have a feeling Salah will be dropped for this game with Origi given the amount of time Salah as played over past couple weeks. Soton did not look very good their first match getting taken to town by Burnley but I don't know what to expect but hope boys come out a bit sharper and kill this game off early.

-----------Adrian-----------
      TAA---Matip---VvD----Robbo
      ---Lallana--Fabinho--Gini---
      --Origi-----Firmino----Mane

Subs: Lonergan, Gomez, Milner, Hendo, Ox, Shaqiri, Salah
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #14: Aug 16, 2019 03:14:47 am
      Don't think this forum and Liverpool fandom worldwide could possibly cope with the meltdown that would follow lallana being picked as a dm

That maybe the one "odd" inclusion in the starting XI I could see happening. Jürgen may want to rest Fabinho after Wednesday. He wants to get some minutes for a few more players (he said before Wednesday) and before he said Lallana could play that spot in a match where we are likely to control most of the possession. Adam with Gini and Henderson, Milner or maybe Keita isn't impossible.

But I do think we'll go with standard back four and 3 of our top 4 forwards, with maybe Salah going to the bench for this one.

But you are absolutely right about the online meltdown.  :)
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #15: Aug 16, 2019 04:39:22 am
      Adrian
      TAA Matip VVD Robbo
      Gini Lallana(or Naby if fit)  Milner
      Shaq Firmino Origi

Subs: Lonerg., Gomez, Fabinho, Ox, Mane, Salah, Naby.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #16: Aug 16, 2019 06:51:20 am
      I can see Lallana starting this one
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #17: Aug 16, 2019 08:20:56 am
      Gomez back to CB and TAA RB. Bobby for Ox and Gini in for anyone of Midfield
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18: Aug 16, 2019 08:27:27 am
      Gomez back to CB and TAA RB. Bobby for Ox and Gini in for anyone of Midfield

Here's a radical idea why not play Lovren as CB,  he should be fresh as a daisy, along with whoever is fitter between VVD, Joe or Matip, perhaps play a different CB each half if they are all knackered.
      I'd play Trent as RB but at LB I'd maybe start Larouci or Hoever as Robbo looked knackered at the end on Wednesday.

Midfield I'd definitely play Shaq and Lallana for freshness and again play Hendo/Fabinho one half each or perhaps Milner/ Gini.

Attack is a bit more tricky, I'd play Bobby and possibly start Origi and Brewster and then sub in Mo and Sadio if needed.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #19: Aug 16, 2019 09:51:29 am
      Adrian, Trent, Virgil, Robbo, Gini and Bobby all guaranteed to start in my opinion.

That leaves either Gomez or Matip decision to partner Virgil. I would go Matip.

I would bring a fresh Lallana into midfield. That leaves one spot to choose from and who has recovered best. God knows.

Bobby will start. Will Klopp start both Salah and Mane who both played 100 + mins. Maybe one with Origi coming in?
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #20: Aug 16, 2019 09:53:29 am
      Here's a radical idea why not play Lovren as CB,  he should be fresh as a daisy, along with whoever is fitter between VVD, Joe or Matip, perhaps play a different CB each half if they are all knackered.
      I'd play Trent as RB but at LB I'd maybe start Larouci or Hoever as Robbo looked knackered at the end on Wednesday.

Midfield I'd definitely play Shaq and Lallana for freshness and again play Hendo/Fabinho one half each or perhaps Milner/ Gini.

Attack is a bit more tricky, I'd play Bobby and possibly start Origi and Brewster and then sub in Mo and Sadio if needed.

Yep that is very radical
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #21: Aug 16, 2019 09:53:59 am
      Adrian

TAA Hoever Virgil Robbo
      Lallana Milner Gini
      Shaq Origi Firmino
      So we're planning on forfeiting this match!  That team is just horrible for so many reasons!!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #22: Aug 16, 2019 09:57:21 am

We're into the 2nd league game of the season; a tricky one away to Southampton & people are falling over themselves to make wholesale changes across the board!  It ain't happening!!  Two or three changes at the most.

I honestly don't know what some people are thinking!  This is the league, the Holy Grail, not the Carabao cup ffs!!!

Quick Reply