Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Ajax [Champions League] Tue 1st Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of December and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W13 D8 L4

Newsies type stories.

Read 3773 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 762 
      Newsies type stories.
      Aug 16, 2019 09:07:46 pm
      Can i be the first to welcome our Danish overlords!

Viva El presidente Molby.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,495 posts | 4745 
      Re: Newsies type stories.
      Reply #1: Aug 17, 2019 01:16:57 pm

They're gonna drink the place dry!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,867 posts | 2368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2: Aug 17, 2019 01:31:08 pm

Lard of the manor
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #3: Sep 08, 2019 09:29:40 pm
      As much as the BBC programme on now called Conspiracy Files: Claiming the renowned financier George Soros is behind a lot of the left wing activism.

Have to ask why are the BBC getting involved in right V left global issues.The BBC is a national broadcaster not a political entity. And if it's just reporting why are they NOT reporting on right wing private wealth controling the media and in turn public opinion.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,495 posts | 4745 
      Reply #4: Sep 09, 2019 05:50:19 pm
      As much as the BBC programme on now called Conspiracy Files: Claiming the renowned financier George Soros is behind a lot of the left wing activism.

Have to ask why are the BBC getting involved in right V left global issues.The BBC is a national broadcaster not a political entity. And if it's just reporting why are they NOT reporting on right wing private wealth controling the media and in turn public opinion.

It's like they're trying to appease people who hold sway over their charter.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5: Sep 19, 2019 06:51:06 pm
      Safe to say Justin Trudeau has had better days.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,932 posts | 3348 
      Reply #6: Sep 20, 2019 01:55:26 pm
      Safe to say Justin Trudeau has had better days.

Imagine turning up at a party with that outfit today!
      From the early pics it does seem seem they were taken some time ago, would it have the same  racist connotation as the Black And White Minstrel shows also from a bygone era?
      Different times different values when political correctness was in it's infancy.
      Not sure of the time scale involved but could this be a case of political assassination by whoever it benefits?
      « Last Edit: Sep 20, 2019 02:10:46 pm by stuey »
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,396 posts | 2540 
      Reply #7: Sep 20, 2019 02:16:39 pm

If the right wing wealth is controlling the media why is the MSM almost universally pro Remain?
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,396 posts | 2540 
      Reply #8: Sep 20, 2019 02:19:53 pm
      From the early pics it does seem seem they were taken some time ago, would it have the same  racist connotation as the Black And White Minstrel shows also from a bygone era?
      Different times different values when political correctness was in it's infancy.
      Not sure of the time scale involved but could this be a case of political assassination by whoever it benefits?

Political correctness is the scourge of modern society, I was watching some comedians of the 70's and 80's on YouTube, mainly US ones, and they were so much funnier than today's lot, plus they didn't feel the need to use vulgarity and attack individual people. Yes there were some jokes which you simply could not tell these days but it was very telling that the ENTIRE audience were laughing including the various sections being made fun of, who in todays society would be desperately clamouring for their safe space and crying outrage!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9: Sep 20, 2019 06:45:45 pm

I remember one of my teachers at school during a Christmas do blacking up and singing Harry Belafonte (just like Trudeau) during a 'Stars in their Eyes' skit of some sort. That was only 11 years ago but you'd be amazed how no one really was bothered by it.

Look at Little Britain or Come Fly With Me wilhich was just a few years ago. David Walliams and Matt Lucas were blacking up seemingly every second or third sketch in a show that was probably the most popular show and export from the BBC. But both would never get away with it now and it seemed that if it was an impersonation of a famous black celebrity or character then it was 'fine' as long as it didn't stray in to the outrageous exaggerations of the Black and White Minstrel Show.

But we're probably talking about a change of attitudes and a uniform rejection of any black facing in any form in the last three-five years or so.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,495 posts | 4745 
      Reply #10: Sep 22, 2019 12:17:02 pm

I remember one of my teachers at school during a Christmas do blacking up and singing Harry Belafonte (just like Trudeau) during a 'Stars in their Eyes' skit of some sort. That was only 11 years ago but you'd be amazed how no one really was bothered by it.

Look at Little Britain or Come Fly With Me wilhich was just a few years ago. David Walliams and Matt Lucas were blacking up seemingly every second or third sketch in a show that was probably the most popular show and export from the BBC. But both would never get away with it now and it seemed that if it was an impersonation of a famous black celebrity or character then it was 'fine' as long as it didn't stray in to the outrageous exaggerations of the Black and White Minstrel Show.

But we're probably talking about a change of attitudes and a uniform rejection of any black facing in any form in the last three-five years or so.

The age of social media were everyone can be outraged by everything at any time.

Tbh it's the excuses and arse kissing that follows that makes me laugh.

I guess the film Trading Places and every other film or tv show like Little Britain should be deleted from existence.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #11: Sep 23, 2019 03:03:03 pm
      Johnson being called out over allegations of misuse of public funds.Taking the 5th as he might incriminate himself.Obviously he is being protected by the right wing media to an extent. If that was Corbyn his arse would be on fire.

Boris the Piganoid should be in the Commons answering the allegations.Instead he's poncing about talking bollocks as per.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,932 posts | 3348 
      Reply #12: Sep 24, 2019 02:24:58 pm
      Johnson being called out over allegations of misuse of public funds.Taking the 5th as he might incriminate himself.Obviously he is being protected by the right wing media to an extent. If that was Corbyn his arse would be on fire.

Boris the Piganoid should be in the Commons answering the allegations.Instead he's poncing about talking bollocks as per.

Parliament resumes tomorrow and the sh*t will hit the fan.
      Calls for a general election will grow.
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,528 posts | 321 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #13: Sep 24, 2019 06:18:44 pm
      Boris behaving like Nazi
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,867 posts | 2368 
      Reply #14: Sep 24, 2019 06:30:10 pm

Not far off being sat in his underpants ,, barricading himself in at number 10 smearing his own sh*t all over the walls.
      tezmac

• 7,528 posts | 321 
      Reply #15: Sep 24, 2019 06:59:18 pm
      Watched something on the BBC news in Stoke shopping centre and the were working class people who were saying he was doing the right thing, going blue shouting all kinds of profanities. The Working class frighten the living sh*t out of me
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 762 
      Reply #16: Oct 01, 2019 05:59:07 pm
      Damn,cop guilty,https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/amber-guyger-botham-jean-verdict/index.html.I thought she was gonna get away with it.Probs get 6 month sentence mind!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #17: Oct 04, 2019 11:10:00 pm
      After months of violent protest in Hong Kong it was good to hear the Chinese Ambassador to say autonomy in Hong Kong is still the policy of the central Chinese government. They still support Carrie Lamb, the chief executive of Hong Kong.

To restore any sort of order they should remove Lamb. She allowed the Central government to bring in extradition of Hong Kong residents to face trial in mainland China. That's what kicked off the protests, and it was basically the Chinese authorities trying it on, to see how far they could assert their authority i

If the protesters do take up arms, if any police or paramilitary personel are shot then I think the Chinese government will send the troops in, in serious numbers to restore order. Then the leaders could face being removed. It's on a knife edge.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #18: Oct 06, 2019 02:51:51 pm
      All this Impeachment stuff from the Democrats is unlikely to produce anything of any significance.Dems need a two thirds majority in the Senate and the Republicans hold sway with 53-45 so not much chance of that.

Probably Trump doesn't really know what's protocol and what's not. So he'll roll on recking the US health programmes, making the poor in America poorer. Carry on screwing up relations with China.Creating mayhem in the middle east.Then he'll flog us all their crap. Pass the sick bucket.
      tezmac

• 7,528 posts | 321 
      Reply #19: Oct 06, 2019 07:34:01 pm
      Very sad how little interest in current affairs the is on this fourum
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 762 
      Reply #20: Oct 07, 2019 07:23:24 pm
      Agreed,anyway follow up to the cop killing,witness shot dead,https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/07/us/joshua-brown-guyger-witness-what-we-know-dont-know/index.html. Hmmmm  :f_bluelight:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #21: Oct 08, 2019 12:13:58 pm

The Newkit infestation who tried to turn every thread into a free for all, and pushed a far right agenda put a lot of people off.

I read loads of news, from loads of different sources, but don't post it much on here.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,867 posts | 2368 
      Reply #22: Oct 08, 2019 12:22:54 pm

There is plenty of interest in boris johnson's latest affair
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,541 posts | 677 
      Reply #23: Oct 08, 2019 12:25:13 pm
      The Newkit infestation who tried to turn every thread into a free for all, and pushed a far right agenda put a lot of people off.

I read loads of news, from loads of different sources, but don't post it much on here.

Brexit has dominated the news and there is interest from posters in the Brexit thread.

I posted on other news stories,Honk kong protests,American politics.Haven't had a reply but I don't think it's lack of interest in current affairs. it's just the way it is. Personally I think there is interest on here in current affairs and the Brexit thread reflects that.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,869 posts | 3097 
      Reply #24: Oct 08, 2019 12:28:11 pm
      Brexit has dominated the news and there is interest from posters in the Brexit thread.

I posted on other news stories,Honk kong protests,American politics.Haven't had a reply but I don't think it's lack of interest in current affairs. it's just the way it is. Personally I think there is interest on here in current affairs and the Brexit thread reflects that.

I didn't say it was a lack of interest.
      I was very specific about the reason.

Quick Reply