Trending Topics

Next match: Palace v LFC [Premier League] Sun 23rd Jan @ 2:00 pm
      Selhurst Park

Today is the 21st of January and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W11 D5 L7

Newsies type stories.

Read 32181 times
      chats and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,841 posts | 524 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Newsies type stories.
      Reply #1025: Jan 14, 2022 09:23:46 pm
      We’re are you Boris keeping your head down, you scheming b***ard
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,186 posts | 3577 
      Reply #1026: Jan 14, 2022 09:25:16 pm
      We’re are you Boris keeping your head down, you scheming b***ard

Conveniently isolating isn't he?

The f**ker couldn't lie straight in bed.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 732 
      Reply #1027: Jan 14, 2022 10:04:36 pm
      The authorities are not the police. A man MUST be put to trial and found guilty before his death penalty. Also, none of that sitting on death row for twenty years before you're a goner. Process the paperwork and he's out of here. That'll deter rape and murder I can promise you that.

Derek Bentley would take a different view.
      Salah10
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 140 
      Reply #1028: Jan 14, 2022 10:07:51 pm
      Derek Bentley would take a different view.

There's more people eating a nice dinner, in a warm cell, after taking someones loved one and destroying a family than there is innocent people killed through a death penalty.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,186 posts | 3577 
      Reply #1029: Jan 14, 2022 10:12:09 pm
      There's more people eating a nice dinner, in a warm cell, after taking someones loved one and destroying a family than there is innocent people killed through a death penalty.

One innocent person killed by the state using the death penalty is one too many.
      UncleBob
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,481 posts | 248 
      Reply #1030: Jan 14, 2022 10:23:59 pm

So take away the warm cell and nice dinner.
      I don’t have a problem with the notion of a death penalty. Sutcliffe for example I’m sure nobody would have minded seeing him hang...
      But when there are so many false accusations/miscarriages of justice/corruption its easy to see how someone could be ‘bumped’ off for a crime they didn’t commit.

The problem in the U.K. is that people tend to get sentenced for 25 years but seem to be released after 3 weeks for good behaviour.

And then you watch those channel 4 documentaries of prison life where the inmates have access to a gym, PS4, library etc....
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 732 
      Reply #1031: Jan 14, 2022 10:30:25 pm

There are very good reasons the death penalty was abolished in this country and there is a long history of cases and campaigns that preceded it. The perceived justice of killing 100 guilty men would mean nothing if it meant even 1 innocent party was put to death.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,411 posts | 5083 
      Reply #1032: Jan 14, 2022 10:48:01 pm
      So another scandal the PM shouldn't survive but no doubt will somehow manage to do so.

Starmer partying in an office in May 20 drinking, Barry Gardiner employing a member of the CCP  and accepting upto £700k . The  HOC isnot fit for any purpose regardless of which party you support.  650 cardboard cutout career politicians all doing well at our expense and dont even start with the House of Lords. All these headlines are diversionary whilst people starve and remain homeless and inflation going through the roof not just here all over the world.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,186 posts | 3577 
      Reply #1033: Jan 14, 2022 10:50:42 pm
      Starmer partying in an office in May 20 drinking, Barry Gardiner employing a member of the CCP  and accepting upto £700k . The  HOC isnot fit for any purpose regardless of which party you support.  650 cardboard cutout career politicians all doing well at our expense and dont even start with the House of Lords. All these headlines are diversionary whilst people starve and remain homeless and inflation going through the roof not just here all over the world.

Agree Walt.

I'll add our clowns over here in Stormont to the list as well.

A bunch of self serving aresholes.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,411 posts | 5083 
      Reply #1034: Jan 14, 2022 10:53:19 pm
      Agree Walt.

I'll add our clowns over here in Stormont to the list as well.

A bunch of self serving aresholes.

I watch a lot of US stuff and never mind Covid the Pandemic is these f***in idiots destroying lives most of them couldnt tie their own laces. Look at the US the self proclaimed greatest country in the world and all they can produce is Trump and Biden whilst we have Johnson and Starmer.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,186 posts | 3577 
      Reply #1035: Jan 14, 2022 10:54:56 pm
      I watch a lot of US stuff and never mind Covid the Pandemic is these f***in idiots destroying lives most of them couldnt tie their own laces. Look at the US the self proclaimed greatest country in the world and all they can produce is Trump and Biden whilst we have Johnson and Starmer.

There is very few politicians who actually care about the people they are elected to serve.

I'm sure there is some but very hard to pinpoint them.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,841 posts | 524 
      Reply #1036: Jan 15, 2022 08:38:02 am

But if you kill someone who is innocent then you are a killer
      Salah10
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 140 
      Reply #1037: Jan 15, 2022 08:56:03 am
      But if you kill someone who is innocent then you are a killer

You have to trust the legal process or no one would get convicted.

The argument can be made "what if you find an innocent man guilty and take 25 years of his life away?".

People are against the death penalty until it's their loved ones killed. Then they want retribution and an eye for an eye.

People say jail them until it's their daughter nonced (this is not specifically aimed at anyone here) then all of a sudden they want blood, and rightly so.

You snatch away the innocence of a little boy or girl you go for the long nap. Doesn't have to be my boy or girl. Anyones. I don't differentiate.

Those nonces in the church would have been put to bed one by one outside their churches.  Those nonce mp's outside houses of parliment.
       Local authorities, care home workers, nonces in the street and so on. Those Rotherham, Telford and wherever else they are would have been publicly executed, on a friday, outside their local mosque so the people know this is what happens to nonces.

I'm not playing any games with them. I want an eye for an eye.

Also, how can we call Andrew a nonce if she was 17?
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2022 09:01:57 am by Salah10 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 34,217 posts | 6049 
      Reply #1038: Jan 15, 2022 12:57:18 pm
      The authorities are not the police.

You were saying lid!!

"A police authority in the United Kingdom is a public authority that is responsible for overseeing the operations of a police force"
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,186 posts | 3577 
      Reply #1039: Jan 15, 2022 12:59:54 pm
      You have to trust the legal process or no one would get convicted.

The argument can be made "what if you find an innocent man guilty and take 25 years of his life away?".

People are against the death penalty until it's their loved ones killed. Then they want retribution and an eye for an eye.

People say jail them until it's their daughter nonced (this is not specifically aimed at anyone here) then all of a sudden they want blood, and rightly so.

You snatch away the innocence of a little boy or girl you go for the long nap. Doesn't have to be my boy or girl. Anyones. I don't differentiate.

Those nonces in the church would have been put to bed one by one outside their churches.  Those nonce mp's outside houses of parliment.
       Local authorities, care home workers, nonces in the street and so on. Those Rotherham, Telford and wherever else they are would have been publicly executed, on a friday, outside their local mosque so the people know this is what happens to nonces.

I'm not playing any games with them. I want an eye for an eye.

Also, how can we call Andrew a nonce if she was 17?

Most of this is your opinion and how you would feel not everyone.

Salah10
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 140 
      Reply #1040: Jan 15, 2022 02:53:43 pm
      Most of this is your opinion and how you would feel not everyone.

😂 of course it's my opinion. I'm not claiming everyone agrees with me pal.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,186 posts | 3577 
      Reply #1041: Jan 15, 2022 02:56:30 pm
      😂 of course it's my opinion. I'm not claiming everyone agrees with me pal.

Ah, just when you wrote 'people' and 'they' I presume you meant that and not just you.

Use 'I' or myself next time would be my advise.👍
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,795 posts | 1247 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1042: Jan 15, 2022 03:09:34 pm
      They also state that Biden is not the President and has never lived or worked at the White House and its all been the making of a film, filmed on a set in Culver City Los Angeles.

Actually was watching a documentary only last week and the journo [the Donie CNN guy] was interviewing people and one woman was saying exactly that, that Biden is off in some hanger somewhere being filmed as if he was in the White House, but he's not actually there, and it's all just a conspiracy..

Journo then asked, well, who do you think is currently IN the White House right now :)
      Salah10
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts | 140 
      Reply #1043: Jan 15, 2022 03:09:57 pm
      Ah, just when you wrote 'people' and 'they' I presume you meant that and not just you.

Use 'I' or myself next time would be my advise.👍

Don't be a smart ass everyday.

It's MY view on people. I could be wrong. I know I'm not infallible.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,186 posts | 3577 
      Reply #1044: Jan 15, 2022 03:11:06 pm
      Don't be a smart ass everyday. 

Sorry but it just comes naturally to me  :f_tongueincheek: ;D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,795 posts | 1247 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1045: Jan 15, 2022 03:16:29 pm
      I’m against death penalties. Too many miscarriages of justice and corruption for me to be happy with that.
      I would like to see life means life behind bars. Not 20 years, but life. And no rewards for good behaviour etc. Too many of these prison lifestyles are like centre parcs holidays.

Agree, if convicted, life should mean life. That's it.

The idea that you have murderers fed and watered for 15-20 years and then they are back on the streets. Hard to take. 

If I had a daughter murdered, God forbid, and the guy got out, not sure would be able to handle that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,411 posts | 5083 
      Reply #1046: Jan 15, 2022 04:03:56 pm
      I like the old testament eye for an eye but having this Police force and this Judiciary come up with a safe conviction is a very risky bet indeed.
      It is 2022 and we are still wrapped in medieval laws and a Police force that is every bit as corrupt as our Politicians anyone see a theme here. Don't expect the Police to protect you or the Judges to hand down sentences that are appropriate.
      We have everything on this planet to thrive yet just 1% of people control the rest of the 99%.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,841 posts | 524 
      Reply #1047: Jan 15, 2022 05:20:24 pm
      Still not a word from Boris how long is his isolation……
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,841 posts | 524 
      Reply #1048: Jan 15, 2022 05:21:18 pm
      Lets hope it’s permanent
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 29,186 posts | 3577 
      Reply #1049: Jan 15, 2022 05:23:09 pm
      Still not a word from Boris how long is his isolation……

Hardly matters as of he announced anything it would be a lie anyway.

Quick Reply