Trending Topics

Next match: Leeds v LFC [Premier League] Mon 19th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Elland Road

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W15 D7 L8

Newsies type stories.

Read 8513 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,289 posts | 471 
      Re: Newsies type stories.
      Reply #425: Mar 28, 2021 02:37:41 pm
      Kill the bill... stop the steal... what next for mindless idiots. I'm willing to bet 99% of the protesters don't even know what is in the bill that passed in parliament.

What's your opinion on the contents of the bill then?
      Tayls

• 5,289 posts | 471 
      Reply #426: Mar 28, 2021 02:45:50 pm
      I don’t have one because I don’t know what is in it.

Somewhat ironic you're calling the protestors ignorant then isn't it? Perhaps 99% of them know 99% more than you about it.

I think you should read it. If you care about democratic protest at all then it will worry you.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,275 posts | 2514 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #427: Mar 28, 2021 03:04:25 pm
      I don’t have one because I don’t know what is in it.

Apart from the microchip,?
      Tayls

• 5,289 posts | 471 
      Reply #428: Mar 28, 2021 03:13:29 pm
      I’ll stand by what I said about 99% not knowing what’s in the bill thanks, I have no reason to read it, apart from 76 mp’s voting against it, it was voted by all parties. Why would a temporary bill that is thought necessary in a pandemic worry me?

I try not to be offensive or rude here but wow, really? You're making sweeping statements about 99% of protestors, equating it to f**king Qanon, and you don't think you should even read a summary of the thing? How can you possibly pass comment on something knowing so little about it?

It's not temporary, and it's nothing to do with the pandemic. Supposedly brought about by the extinction rebellion protests in London.
      Tayls

• 5,289 posts | 471 
      Reply #429: Mar 28, 2021 03:48:26 pm
      Below is a summary I just looked up.

Changing sentencing rules so that serious criminals spend more time in jail before they can be conditionally released

Judges will be allowed to consider jailing child murderers for their entire lives

Maximum sentences for low-level assaults against emergency service workers doubled to two years

On terrorism, the bill creates powers to more closely monitor offenders released from prison

Community sentences for less serious crime to address underlying problems in offenders' lives

Changes to sexual offences law to tackle abusive adults in positions of trust, such as sports coaches and religious figures

Change of powers to protest.

Police chiefs will be able to put more conditions on static protests.

They will be able to:

Impose a start and finish time
          Set noise limits
          Apply these rules to a demonstration by just one person.

Nothing really worries me as you presumed.

Some of that is obviously fine, but if you read the bill itself you'll quickly realise that it gives the police powers to use at their own discretion (and we know how they're all so good at that) to decide themselves if a protest - which could just be a single person - should be deemed a 'public nuisance'.

Not only that, but it'll become a crime for protests not to follow restrictions which they don't know about, even if they haven't been notified by a police officer.

The ambiguity of the language and the possible interpretations thereof are what worries me.

I can see I won't convince you, but I believe the protests are justified.
      Isaac!
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 109 
      Reply #430: Mar 28, 2021 03:51:11 pm
      A big hit on the skull, a litre of whisky, electric shock treatment, a lobotomy. All of them have been known to reduce worry.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5172 
      Reply #431: Mar 28, 2021 04:59:30 pm
      Wondered when you would go on the emotional rampage. Everyone including the police should be held to account for their actions. I’m only talking about the mindless idiots who turn up just to cause as much damage as they possibly can. Those people don’t care about anything as long as they get their excitement.

Typical shithouse response along the lines of Toby Young, Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,073 posts | 5396 
      Reply #432: Apr 06, 2021 10:06:05 am
      Internet use in the UK

92% of adults in the UK were recent internet users in 2020, up from 91% in 2019.

Almost all adults aged 16 to 44 years in the UK were recent internet users (99%), compared with 54% of adults aged 75 years and over.

While there has been little change in internet use for adults aged 16 to 44 years in recent years, the proportion of those aged 75 years and over who are recent internet users nearly doubled since 2013, from 29%, to 54% in 2020.

6.3% of adults in the UK had never used the internet in 2020, down from 7.5% in 2019.

The number of disabled adults who were recent internet users in 2020 reached almost 11 million, 81% of disabled adults; up from just over 10 million (78% of disabled adults) in 2019.

London continued to be the UK region with the highest recent internet use (95%) in 2020, while Northern Ireland remained the lowest at 88%.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5172 
      Reply #433: Apr 07, 2021 08:48:59 pm
      Maybe they should of pushed Trevor Hicks harder back onto the Leppings Lane while telling him to "shut his prattle"

Lets ask Ian Tomlinson's family who was a homeless person hit hard by Police who mistakenly had him down as a protestor in London a couple of years back and killed.

"Bad people in every profession" the go to words for any weak defence of the police f**king up.

That's an awful lot of bad people in The Met then!!

Add to this what someone from the Met told Richard Okorogheye's mother when she first reported his disappearance: "if you can’t find your son, how do you expect police officers to find your son for you?" She had to formally identify her son today after he was found dead in Epping Forest.

Quick Reply