Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Villa [Premier League] Sat 11th Dec @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 8th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D2 L8

Newsies type stories.

Read 25532 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,673 posts | 495 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Newsies type stories.
      Reply #775: Nov 15, 2021 06:43:26 pm
      Looking at the explosion on the news the driver was very lucky, some horrible people in this world
      UncleBob
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,203 posts | 208 
      Reply #776: Nov 15, 2021 08:31:00 pm
      Looking at the explosion on the news the driver was very lucky, some horrible people in this world

It’s crazy really. The hate some people have running through their veins is scary.

what makes this worse is that the intentions of the terrorist were clearly either aimed at veterans or pregnant folk. Gladly only one person died and he won’t be missed.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,673 posts | 495 
      Reply #777: Nov 15, 2021 08:56:45 pm
      It’s crazy really. The hate some people have running through their veins is scary.

what makes this worse is that the intentions of the terrorist were clearly either aimed at veterans or pregnant folk. Gladly only one person died and he won’t be missed.

The world is vert stange
      Salah10
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 503 posts | 103 
      Reply #778: Nov 15, 2021 09:10:59 pm
      F***ing disgusting.

Did the bomber die?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,372 posts | 630 
      Reply #779: Nov 15, 2021 09:15:09 pm
      Minor tweaks, nicer evil. All while paying the super rich and pleasing Murdoch. This is all you want from a Labour government?

Thankfully that's not all we got from the last Labour government. And while we're at it it's probably worth noting that tax distribution under the Blair/Brown years saw poorest households increase income by over 10% of their income while the richest lost by a similar proportion of their own income. Hardly sounds like paying the super rich but hey, don't allow your Corbynist shaded sunglasses to get in the way of facts. Quite frankly, if you deny those achievements from the last Labour Government and refuse to recognise them then you are no better than a Tory.
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2021 09:26:26 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #780: Nov 15, 2021 09:38:42 pm
      F***ing disgusting.

Did the bomber die?

Yep torched in the car.

Driver's already been released from Hossie.
      Salah10
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 503 posts | 103 
      Reply #781: Nov 15, 2021 10:12:58 pm
      Yep torched in the car.

Driver's already been released from Hossie.

Thank god he's dead and didn't harm no one.

I've been out of touch with the news lately but caught a glimpse of this. I'm sick to death of these things happening. If it's not nutters blowing themselves up to kill innocent people it's Israel blowing up innocent Palestinians. Indians killing innocent Indian Muslims or ISIS killing innocent everyone.

Wtf has happened to this world?

Things were so differen't before 9/11 and the world just changed. I feel like that was a pivitol moment in the world changing direction and everyone killing everyone else.

I just wish we could go back to living in some sort of harmony. We had the threat of the IRA but it wasn't anywhere near this bad.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 947 posts | 211 
      Reply #782: Nov 15, 2021 10:44:59 pm
      Thankfully that's not all we got from the last Labour government. And while we're at it it's probably worth noting that tax distribution under the Blair/Brown years saw poorest households increase income by over 10% of their income while the richest lost by a similar proportion of their own income. Hardly sounds like paying the super rich but hey, don't allow your Corbynist shaded sunglasses to get in the way of facts. Quite frankly, if you deny those achievements from the last Labour Government and refuse to recognise them then you are no better than a Tory.

You're a Tory apologist! "The richest lost by a similar proportion (10%) of their own income " This is a ridiculous claim that requires sources when Blair, a Tory by the way, famously said, we are very comfortable with some people being very rich ( paraphrasing, can't be arsed to find the exact words of the war mongering evil Tory b***ard.)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,372 posts | 630 
      Reply #783: Nov 15, 2021 11:07:45 pm
      You're a Tory apologist! "The richest lost by a similar proportion (10%) of their own income " This is a ridiculous claim that requires sources when Blair, a Tory by the way, famously said, we are very comfortable with some people being very rich ( paraphrasing, can't be arsed to find the exact words of the war mongering evil Tory b***ard.)

Page 21.

https://ifs.org.uk/bns/bn88.pdf

Sorry to catch you out like that. I know it requires doing a bit of reading and processing some numbers something that is a bit alien to people like you who deal in vague platitudes and mistruths as opposed to fact.

Who needs the Conservative Party when people like you do their dirty work for them? Working hand in hand, screaming fake news when confronted with evidence that demolishes your own opinion. Sadly for you, facts outweigh opinion.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 947 posts | 211 
      Reply #784: Nov 15, 2021 11:21:16 pm
      Page 21.

https://ifs.org.uk/bns/bn88.pdf

Sorry to catch you out like that. I know it requires doing a bit of reading and processing some numbers something that is a bit alien to people like you who deal in vague platitudes and mistruths as opposed to fact.

Who needs the Conservative Party when people like you do their dirty work for them? Working hand in hand, screaming fake news when confronted with evidence that demolishes your own opinion. Sadly for you, facts outweigh opinion.

Haha! The IFS! Why not quote the IMF who offer loans to impoverished countries in return for corporate "investment." You need a deeper understanding of how our institutions function and who they function for. You would be extremely naive to suggest they are independent.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,372 posts | 630 
      Reply #785: Nov 16, 2021 12:02:15 am
      Haha! The IFS! Why not quote the IMF who offer loans to impoverished countries in return for corporate "investment." You need a deeper understanding of how our institutions function and who they function for. You would be extremely naive to suggest they are independent.

The IFS are nothing like IMF. You've literally just taken two acronyms that sound almost the same and 'have summet to do with money'. I'd respect you if you actually had figures to support you're own argument. But you don't.

What next? Going to deny that devolution ever happened? Deny that pensioner poverty and child poverty was not drastically cut? Deny that the minimum wage didn't actually happen?

Deny all that and, well, aren't you a Tory? Cos that's what Tories do. I feel we're very much into Trumpian 'alternative facts' universe with you. But it's a left wing version of Trumpian politics. Then again, your politics and the politics that has destroyed Labour for a generation and has ensured Tory rule for a generation, is 'living proof that the further left you go, the more right-wing you become'.
      « Last Edit: Nov 16, 2021 12:13:30 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Isaac!
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 947 posts | 211 
      Reply #786: Nov 16, 2021 12:17:30 pm
      The IFS are nothing like IMF. You've literally just taken two acronyms that sound almost the same and 'have summet to do with money'. I'd respect you if you actually had figures to support you're own argument. But you don't.

What next? Going to deny that devolution ever happened? Deny that pensioner poverty and child poverty was not drastically cut? Deny that the minimum wage didn't actually happen?

Deny all that and, well, aren't you a Tory? Cos that's what Tories do. I feel we're very much into Trumpian 'alternative facts' universe with you. But it's a left wing version of Trumpian politics. Then again, your politics and the politics that has destroyed Labour for a generation and has ensured Tory rule for a generation, is 'living proof that the further left you go, the more right-wing you become'.

The point is these are structures created to serve the interests of the rich and powerful. The IFS is not an academic or educational tool dedicated to truth telling. That it claims to be apolitical is laughable. It is intensely biased towards business and brutal market forces yet you quote it like it's an authority.
      The rest of your post is a disaster and not worth responding to. Trumpian? FFS.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,480 posts | 4852 
      Reply #787: Nov 16, 2021 12:21:54 pm

this all goes back to the destabilising of the middle east and Blair was right in the thick of it with his big Buddy bush. He got his lecture tours of the US out of it and was well paid for them too
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,480 posts | 4852 
      Reply #788: Nov 16, 2021 12:25:20 pm
      our wonderful press were  knocking on the taxi drivers door at 10pm whilst the lad was probably still shaking in shock. I wonder if he is insured for this type of thing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,776 posts | 1326 
      Reply #789: Nov 16, 2021 12:34:30 pm
      Thank god he's dead and didn't harm no one.

I've been out of touch with the news lately but caught a glimpse of this. I'm sick to death of these things happening. If it's not nutters blowing themselves up to kill innocent people it's Israel blowing up innocent Palestinians. Indians killing innocent Indian Muslims or ISIS killing innocent everyone.

Wtf has happened to this world?

Things were so differen't before 9/11 and the world just changed. I feel like that was a pivitol moment in the world changing direction and everyone killing everyone else.

I just wish we could go back to living in some sort of harmony. We had the threat of the IRA but it wasn't anywhere near this bad.

I suspect you didn’t live under the threat of the IRA then because it was a lot worse and more died from IRA terror attacks within the Uk than have done since 9/11
      Salah10
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 503 posts | 103 
      Reply #790: Nov 16, 2021 12:47:52 pm

I suspect you didn’t live under the threat of the IRA then because it was a lot worse and more died from IRA terror attacks within the Uk than have done since 9/11

Yes indeed I did, mr Bigot.

I'm talking globally. My concern is for humanity, not just for people that speak my language and share my skin colour.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,776 posts | 1326 
      Reply #791: Nov 16, 2021 12:54:06 pm
      Yes indeed I did, mr Bigot.

I'm talking globally. My concern is for humanity, not just for people that speak my language and share my skin colour.

Bigot ?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,673 posts | 495 
      Reply #792: Nov 16, 2021 01:30:50 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,776 posts | 1326 
      Reply #793: Nov 16, 2021 01:31:24 pm

Blimey - all the insults are coming out now
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,673 posts | 495 
      Reply #794: Nov 16, 2021 01:37:18 pm
      We let asylum seekers into our homes and what do they do and he isn't the first, tests you patience
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,673 posts | 495 
      Reply #795: Nov 16, 2021 05:30:17 pm
      Go check his post in the FSG thread towards Shabs before you start insulting me

Wasn't insulting you
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #796: Nov 16, 2021 08:06:39 pm
      We let asylum seekers into our homes and what do they do and he isn't the first, tests you patience

You're right, he's not the first Christian to do this!!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,372 posts | 630 
      Reply #797: Nov 16, 2021 08:18:14 pm
      The point is these are structures created to serve the interests of the rich and powerful. The IFS is not an academic or educational tool dedicated to truth telling. That it claims to be apolitical is laughable. It is intensely biased towards business and brutal market forces yet you quote it like it's an authority.
      The rest of your post is a disaster and not worth responding to. Trumpian? FFS.

Oh dear! Who is mentioning business here when the daft and stars are discussing household income?? Such an anoydyne, pre prepared platitude. Again, until you can prove otherwise that the IFS figures are wrong then this one stands.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,776 posts | 1326 
      Reply #798: Nov 16, 2021 08:20:11 pm
      You're right, he's not the first Christian to do this!!

Recently converted from Islam according the good old Daily Hate
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #799: Nov 16, 2021 08:36:38 pm
      Recently converted from Islam according the good old Daily Hate

It was on Granada Reports last night, converted when living with the elderly couple.

Quick Reply