Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Nike confirmed as LFC kit supplier from 2020-21. (Updated 07/01/20)

Read 96315 times
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Re: Nike linked with new LFC Kit deal
      Reply #23: Aug 31, 2019 06:58:36 am
      I'm not surprised Nike want a piece of us, OK Real Madrid usually top the rich list maybe Barca have recently I'm not sure but I reckon we've got the biggest support worldwide, wherever we play US, Australia, China, Ireland its always a full house. We are a huge club
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #24: Sep 02, 2019 12:34:44 am
      I'm not surprised Nike want a piece of us, OK Real Madrid usually top the rich list maybe Barca have recently I'm not sure but I reckon we've got the biggest support worldwide, wherever we play US, Australia, China, Ireland its always a full house. We are a huge club

Passed Arsenal and United to top Premier League sales.
      Never seen so many kids out in Liverpool tops.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25: Sep 02, 2019 02:30:51 pm
      It will be weird seeing us with Nike! Not a brand that I would associate with Liverpool but I'm sure we will all get used to it and I'm sure they will sort out our 'statement' 3rd choice kits in to something a bit more palatable.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #26: Sep 02, 2019 02:38:56 pm
      It will be weird seeing us with Nike! Not a brand that I would associate with Liverpool but I'm sure we will all get used to it and I'm sure they will sort out our 'statement' 3rd choice kits in to something a bit more palatable.

Might not be as different as you'd expect.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #27: Sep 02, 2019 04:53:30 pm
      Might not be as different as you'd expect.

I hope the Air Jordan thing certainly doesn't become a thing.

I'm not well up on Nike. Never really bought stuff of theirs, so is that just a PSG thing or not?
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #28: Sep 02, 2019 05:46:24 pm

I'm not well up on Nike. Never really bought stuff of theirs, so is that just a PSG thing or not?

I believe PSG are the only football team that has the Jumpman logo, there are a few college teams in the US that use that logo.

Not sure what the criteria is to add it to a jersey, but in my opinion it doesn't look good. Although I believe that the PSG home jersey has the original Nike logo on it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #29: Sep 02, 2019 10:02:28 pm

I believe PSG are the only football team that has the Jumpman logo, there are a few college teams in the US that use that logo.

Not sure what the criteria is to add it to a jersey, but in my opinion it doesn't look good. Although I believe that the PSG home jersey has the original Nike logo on it.

Can't imagine Lebron would want LFC with a Jordan logo.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #30: Sep 05, 2019 07:32:58 pm
      Those all look miles better than what we have. And I’d be able to find them in stores over here.

Plus the shoes would be boss as well. Although I did like the latest New Balance offerings for footwear.

That yellow kit looks incredible, with the old 1980’s red pin stripes. I k ow we don’t always play well in the yellow kit, but I would buy that one. I still have my yellow crown paints shirt from the 85-86 cup double, doesn’t fit anymore, was 13 then.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #31: Sep 05, 2019 09:45:06 pm
      Can't imagine Lebron would want LFC with a Jordan logo.

Good point. As a general rule I wouldn't like to see basketball logos on a football shirt of ours.
      cragglew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #32: Sep 11, 2019 08:19:01 pm
      All their kits look the same. The money is good though.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #33: Sep 23, 2019 06:35:25 pm
      Looks like its Nike and Mbappe will follow  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #34: Sep 24, 2019 07:36:31 am
      rossyred
      • Started Topic

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #35: Sep 24, 2019 09:35:11 am
      Looks like its Nike and Mbappe will follow  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Or maybe not  :f_whistle:
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #36: Sep 24, 2019 10:19:53 am
      70m per season, I'll take that
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #37: Sep 24, 2019 11:50:26 am

We are worth more, let’s not undersell ourselves..
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #38: Sep 24, 2019 02:19:16 pm

In full.

Welcome.

Exclusive: New Balance and Liverpool head to High Court in battle over kit deal

By James Pearce

The battle to be Liverpool’s kit supplier is heading for London’s High Court as New Balance fight to retain the lucrative contract.

Rival sportswear giant Nike looked set to be announced as the club’s new partner from the start of next season after agreeing a bumper deal with the European champions, understood to be worth around £70 million per season — a £25 million per season increase on the current arrangement and comfortably the biggest in the club’s history.

However, The Athletic can exclusively reveal that New Balance are desperately trying to stop Liverpool from cutting their ties and linking up with Nike instead.

The current suppliers are adamant that they have triggered their right to match Nike’s offer and should therefore be granted a contract extension with the Premier League leaders beyond May 2020. But Liverpool insist that is not the case and, as a result, New Balance have filed the dispute at the High Court.

A Liverpool spokesman said: “We can confirm that our kit supplier, New Balance, has commenced a legal dispute against the club. We will not be making any further comment during these legal proceedings.”

Written into the current deal with New Balance was a ‘matching clause’ which meant that Liverpool were legally obliged to inform them of Nike’s bumper bid and give them the chance to offer the same.

Having initially looked like they would be priced out of the race, The Athletic understands that New Balance then declared that they would stump up the cash — a sign of how determined the Boston-based company is to keep on board the biggest club in their sponsorship portfolio.

Liverpool responded by informing New Balance that their improved bid still didn’t measure up to their rival because they can’t offer the same kind of global distribution network that Nike possesses. The Anfield hierarchy favour going with Nike as they will provide them with a greater presence in key markets across the world.

Documents show that New Balance filed the case at the commercial court of the High Court on September 10. A statement from the company to The Athletic read: “New Balance is proud to be the official kit sponsor of Liverpool Football Club. Since 2011, when we entered into a record breaking sponsorship with the club, we have delivered two of the biggest selling home kits for Liverpool fans and we continue to match the ambition and achievements of the club as it grows from strength to strength.

“As a long standing and committed sponsor, we are keen to continue our strong partnership with Liverpool Football Club and renew our agreement in 2020. In line with our current contract, we have matched the offer made by Nike.

“As part of the contract renewal process, LFC has called into question elements of the agreement and as such we are asking the courts for clarity on this case. Both we and the club are keen to resolve any contractual challenges as quickly as possible and have agreed to an expedited process in the courts.

“New Balance is eager and confident to maintain its sponsorship of Liverpool Football Club and we look forward to continuing our record of success as LFC’s playing kit provider.”

Liverpool managing director Billy Hogan has led the pursuit of a new kit deal over the course of 2019 with the team’s continued resurgence on the field both domestically and in Europe strengthening his hand in negotiations. An announcement had been expected by the end of September but it now appears certain to drag on.

Daniel Geey, football lawyer at Sheridans, told The Athletic: “These matching clauses are common, whether it’s in apparel or boot deals with individual players or clubs. It’s a way of ensuring that the brand has the opportunity to match any third party offer.

“Usually a company gets the chance to negotiate a renewal during an exclusivity period and then if that offer is rejected the club can go to market for a set period of time. Then if a new bidder makes a better offer, the club has to take that back to the incumbent and give them the chance to match it.

“It’s not just about matching a certain figure financially. There are various commercial requirements and conditions that have to be met for it to qualify as a matching offer. One may be distribution and what, for example, Nike could offer in terms of their breadth of distribution channels globally.

“This is where the finer details of the deal become very important. For example, in sports shops around the country the visibility and the prominence of, for example, the Nike branding may be greater than the one given to New Balance because of the deals with particular sports retailers.

“Another important element is that commercial conditions may differ depending on whether a club has the autonomy to sell its merchandise in its own stores or around the world and the margins that are negotiated for different products.”

Jürgen Klopp’s side have worn New Balance shirts since 2015 with the club having previously worked with their affiliate company Warrior for the previous three seasons. The partnership has proved successful with last season’s home kit the highest selling in the club’s history.

As they wait for the legal dispute to be resolved, New Balance are pushing on with their preparations for next season. The Athletic understands that they have already designed and created all three kits for the 2020-21 campaign. However, whether they ever see the light of day remains to be seen.

Barcelona’s £100 million per season deal with Nike is the biggest in football followed by Real Madrid’s £98 million per season arrangement with Adidas.

In terms of the Premier League, Manchester United currently lead the way, pocketing around £75 million per season from Adidas. Next are Arsenal (Adidas, £60 million), Chelsea (Nike, £60 million) and Manchester City (Puma, £50 million).

From The Athletic

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #39: Sep 24, 2019 02:20:27 pm
      Nike for me simply down to their superior marketing power.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #40: Sep 24, 2019 03:30:02 pm
      It's been like what, two months since the GK kit has been sold out (now you can pre-order it) and similar since the home European kit had been sold out too.

I think NB has done a good job with the kits, they have been nice in most cases but it's clear as water that they can't keep up with the current demand and I'm pretty sure that it's going to increase after this year.

So even if NB match the £70m that Nike is offering, Nike is still a better option.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #41: Sep 24, 2019 03:38:52 pm
      It's been like what, two months since the GK kit has been sold out (now you can pre-order it) and similar since the home European kit had been sold out too.

I think NB has done a good job with the kits, they have been nice in most cases but it's clear as water that they can't keep up with the current demand and I'm pretty sure that it's going to increase after this year.

So even if NB match the £70m that Nike is offering, Nike is still a better option.

Yea, I was a bit dubious, and I dont like Nike in general, but I can see why theyre going that way now. Cant be selling out of shirts so fast.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #42: Sep 24, 2019 04:01:07 pm
      Does Colin Kaepernick agree with this?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #43: Sep 24, 2019 04:39:16 pm
      No wonder Liverpool the city has been getting rigged up in Nike. Adidas well and truly fu**ed off as the scouse sportswear of choice.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #44: Sep 24, 2019 07:51:10 pm
      We are worth more, let’s not undersell ourselves..

Dead right
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #45: Sep 24, 2019 07:56:04 pm
      We're  usually very good at under selling our self

Quick Reply