Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Nike confirmed as LFC kit supplier from 2020-21. (Updated 07/01/20)

Read 96304 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Nike linked with new LFC Kit deal
      Reply #92: Oct 22, 2019 02:30:21 pm
      And that will be the main reason why we want to swap from NB to Nike.

The fact the team had to use a league kit with the arm "WU" sponsors bit covered by the Champions League badge for the final against Spurs speaks volumes.

Red vinyl to cover it over because they've no kit. Should put that in the proceedings...

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/06/revealed-liverpool-used-tap-to-hide.html
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #93: Oct 22, 2019 02:34:47 pm
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #94: Oct 22, 2019 04:24:42 pm
      Thought about this case the other day, because I walked past the huge NB store in a shopping mall and no Liverpool shirt in the shop window.

Went in to look for some shorts and I saw the Liverpool shirts tucked away at the back of the store.

Amateur.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #95: Oct 22, 2019 05:17:44 pm
      Thought about this case the other day, because I walked past the huge NB store in a shopping mall and no Liverpool shirt in the shop window.

Went in to look for some shorts and I saw the Liverpool shirts tucked away at the back of the store.

Amateur.

Did you go check out the Nike store window to see if it was filled with their soccer teams shirts? Don't think the walk-in market for soccer shirts is huge mid season,maybe closer to xmas?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #96: Oct 23, 2019 01:13:02 pm

Did you go check out the Nike store window to see if it was filled with their soccer teams shirts? Don't think the walk-in market for soccer shirts is huge mid season,maybe closer to xmas?

If it was in Liverpool, and there were no Liverpool kits in the shop window at a New Balance store...that's pretty crap.

Any local Nike store will have the local teams' stuff in the store windows.

Not to mention...Nike don't have ONE big team that they promote. Liverpool is really all New Balance has...it should be promoted front and center everywhere, which is exactly the beef that it seems the club have with New Balance.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #97: Oct 23, 2019 02:07:21 pm
      Ya man Will is in South Africa,i think.I've no clue where the Nike store is in Boston but i'd guess there'd be little to no soccer stuff in the window display.I don't care either way about who makes the replica kit but i don't think having a Nike mark is gonna result in hugely greater sales to non lfc fans.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #98: Oct 23, 2019 03:59:05 pm
      Ya man Will is in South Africa,i think.I've no clue where the Nike store is in Boston but i'd guess there'd be little to no soccer stuff in the window display.I don't care either way about who makes the replica kit but i don't think having a Nike mark is gonna result in hugely greater sales to non lfc fans.

I think they are banking on some ā€œfashionā€ sales to non LFC fans but I think the bigger goal is availability in most major markets which NB is far from having.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #99: Oct 23, 2019 09:01:24 pm

Right you are mate! Didnā€™t check the other stores but just struck me as odd because besides Liverpool I couldnā€™t tell you a single other sports team or sportsperson that NB sponsor.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #100: Oct 24, 2019 11:04:24 am
      Right you are mate! Didnā€™t check the other stores but just struck me as odd because besides Liverpool I couldnā€™t tell you a single other sports team or sportsperson that NB sponsor.

Celtic and Athletico Bilbao are as well i believe mate
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #101: Oct 24, 2019 02:17:00 pm
      Prefer the ā€˜indieā€™ brand NB..😎
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #102: Oct 24, 2019 05:57:44 pm
      I would go for the brand which gives the best deal even if it is Errea. It is not the logo of the brand which makes it famous but  :aaliverpoolwz0:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #103: Oct 24, 2019 11:22:17 pm
      Prefer the ā€˜indieā€™ brand NB..😎

Interesting thing is that details have arisen that show NB paid 65M to LFC last season.

Must be % & bonus based.

Guess we find out tomorrow what way it goes.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #104: Oct 25, 2019 10:58:08 am
      LFC have won on the basis of Influencers offered up, it would seem.
      Judge not convinced NB have right to appeal.

Hasn't been decided on "doors" or distribution.

LeBron for the win.

A spokesman for Liverpool FC said: ā€œLiverpool FC is pleased with the Judgeā€™s decision to rule in favour of the Club following the legal dispute with our current kit supplier, New Balance.

ā€œWe will continue with New Balance for the current season, in combination with preparing next seasonā€™s Liverpool kits with our new supplier.ā€œ

The club says the process it goes through for its kit supplier is in the best interests of the Club and supporters, and that it wants as much LFC kit to be available to as many supporters as possible around the world.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-kit-deal-trial-live-17102743
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #105: Oct 25, 2019 11:59:31 am
      Good

Nike has better distribution network and they hardly run out of stock.

NB sold 3million shirts last season, I wonder how much nike would next season, 3.5? 4m? not to mention any other LFC branded merchendise sole by Nike. easily another 45-50m on top of the 30m annual fee.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #106: Oct 25, 2019 12:03:05 pm
      Just glad this tedious old nonsense is over
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #107: Oct 25, 2019 12:28:41 pm
      Good

Nike has better distribution network and they hardly run out of stock.

NB sold 3million shirts last season, I wonder how much nike would next season, 3.5? 4m? not to mention any other LFC branded merchendise sole by Nike. easily another 45-50m on top of the 30m annual fee.

Youā€™ll find plenty Nike clobber at reduced prices at Sports Direct...
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #108: Oct 25, 2019 04:09:58 pm
      A few of my mates were hoping for a new deal worth at least 75million in order to match mcunts deal.

If the 30million is correct. We would need over 200million in sales to match/exceed the 75million.  It seems like a number that couldnā€™t be reached but we should  be able to at least match the current shirt sales from NB.  Thatā€™s over half of the 200million.  Since we will get 20% of all LFC merchandise sales, I dont see it being a problem reaching/exceeding the the remaining numbers.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #109: Oct 25, 2019 04:39:29 pm
      I'm in Marrakech at the moment, very little knock off LFC stuff, I've seen 1 NB LFC shirt, poor quality, but shed loads of Nike and Adidas kits. So on the plus side, you'll be able to get kits at a very good price when you're on your holidays.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #110: Oct 25, 2019 04:46:35 pm
      A few of my mates were hoping for a new deal worth at least 75million in order to match mcunts deal.

If the 30million is correct. We would need over 200million in sales to match/exceed the 75million.  It seems like a number that couldnā€™t be reached but we should  be able to at least match the current shirt sales from NB.  Thatā€™s over half of the 200million.  Since we will get 20% of all LFC merchandise sales, I dont see it being a problem reaching/exceeding the the remaining numbers.

Everybody loves mentioning that top end United figure.
      Nobody mentioning how it drops 30% if United fail to get into CL next season.

"there is a clause in Adidasā€™ contract with United that states that if the club fail to secure a place in European club soccerā€™s elite tournament for two consecutive seasons the sportswear brand reduces its payment by 30 per cent.

Unitedā€™s deal with Adidas was signed back in 2015 and brings in UKĀ£75 million (US$91.9 million) per season. A 30 per cent reduction on that figure would be UKĀ£55.2 million (US$68.4 million). Whilst still a substantial amount, that would drop the club behind Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea in terms of annual revenue from their kit deal."

Nike deal will be the biggest in LFC history, based on last season's sales numbers, & has the potenital to reach Barca & Real Madrid numbers, depending on sales.
      That's unheard of for the club.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #111: Oct 25, 2019 05:38:33 pm
      I'm in Marrakech at the moment, very little knock off LFC stuff, I've seen 1 NB LFC shirt, poor quality, but shed loads of Nike and Adidas kits. So on the plus side, you'll be able to get kits at a very good price when you're on your holidays.

To be honest I had never heard of NB before they were linked with LFC,  said the same thing to the bro-in-law who lives near Boston and he told me they are big in the US, Nike of course are a famous and familiar brand on a global scale. It can only be seen as a status hike for the club in acquiring Nike sponsorship.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #112: Oct 25, 2019 05:53:04 pm
      Everybody loves mentioning that top end United figure.
      Nobody mentioning how it drops 30% if United fail to get into CL next season.

"there is a clause in Adidasā€™ contract with United that states that if the club fail to secure a place in European club soccerā€™s elite tournament for two consecutive seasons the sportswear brand reduces its payment by 30 per cent.

Unitedā€™s deal with Adidas was signed back in 2015 and brings in UKĀ£75 million (US$91.9 million) per season. A 30 per cent reduction on that figure would be UKĀ£55.2 million (US$68.4 million). Whilst still a substantial amount, that would drop the club behind Arsenal, Manchester City and Chelsea in terms of annual revenue from their kit deal."

Nike deal will be the biggest in LFC history, based on last season's sales numbers, & has the potenital to reach Barca & Real Madrid numbers, depending on sales.
      That's unheard of for the club.

There is talk of Nike jibbing the mancs while they continue their downward spiral, the question is what will prompt whoever it concerns to throw xxxxmillions at the catastrophe to halt the plunge into relegation territory?
      Speaking more as a joyful spectator than a concerned observer.
      JayRed
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #113: Oct 25, 2019 06:10:36 pm
      I don't really mind who makes our kits as long as they look good. NB has made some crackers but their distribution has been pretty poor. I remember trying to get an Alisson shirt in the summer and it being almost impossible in certain sizes. And that's in the actual shop in Williamson Square.

I think Nike has much better distribution and capacity to meet demand. I just hope they design us unique kits and not what everyone else is wearing.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #114: Oct 25, 2019 06:44:44 pm

Is it really that hard to sell 200m in merchandise in one year? I mean, just kits alone that would mean selling around 2 million worldwide, don't think is that unreachable.

Quick Reply