Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Nike confirmed as LFC kit supplier from 2020-21. (Updated 07/01/20)

Read 96392 times
      JayRed
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Re: Nike linked with new LFC Kit deal
      Reply #115: Oct 26, 2019 12:01:31 am
      Is it really that hard to sell 200m in merchandise in one year? I mean, just kits alone that would mean selling around 2 million worldwide, don't think is that unreachable.

I don't think it's unreasonable these days, kits are breaking records all the time. As long as you have a manufacturer who can get the stuff to go global, you're alright.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #116: Oct 26, 2019 01:20:14 am
      Been to many countries across the world and many continents and the sports store that is around virtually everywhere is Nike. I remember saying to the missus once when we were away and saw a Nike store that will rarely see Liverpool shirts on sale in a lot of places because New Balance don't have the global selling power. I don't remember seeing a Liverpool shirt anywhere I have been to in South America for example, where as there is a Nike store in whatever town and they will be selling Barca shirts, PSG shirts and whoever else. In fact, I think I even went into a New Balance store somewhere and they didn't even have our kits in there and I was saying at the time that I couldn't believe it. It's a no brainer going with Nike and we are arguably going to be their biggest team at the moment, especially if we add some major silverware this season so the income it could generate for the club would be massive. Looking at the summary of the numbers suggested and you could argue that it doesn't look a good deal if they are going to give us a relatively low amount per season and the rest based on sales etc but even without a set amount per season I would expect us to surpass what we currently make with New Balance.

There's been very few kits I've actually like with NB, probably this seasons home, last seasons home and our current white one are the only ones I have liked so if it's a generic design with Nike then so be it because it would still be better than the majority of what NB have produced and there wont be such a bad supply issue. Don't really agree with the kits being the price they are when you have to wait so long for them to come into stock to buy them in the first place.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #117: Oct 26, 2019 06:32:07 am
      I don't really mind who makes our kits as long as they look good. NB has made some crackers but their distribution has been pretty poor. I remember trying to get an Alisson shirt in the summer and it being almost impossible in certain sizes. And that's in the actual shop in Williamson Square.

I think Nike has much better distribution and capacity to meet demand. I just hope they design us unique kits and not what everyone else is wearing.

I don't really mind who makes our kits as long as they pay a lot of money!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #118: Oct 26, 2019 08:50:28 am
      I don't really mind who makes our kits as long as they pay a lot of money!

I think it will be the fans paying a lot of money!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #119: Oct 26, 2019 11:08:57 am

Nike gear is always top price, has to be said that you pay for what you get and Nike are leaders in style and quality.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #120: Oct 26, 2019 04:00:02 pm

Not this one.
      JayRed
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #121: Oct 26, 2019 05:34:11 pm
      Been to many countries across the world and many continents and the sports store that is around virtually everywhere is Nike. I remember saying to the missus once when we were away and saw a Nike store that will rarely see Liverpool shirts on sale in a lot of places because New Balance don't have the global selling power. I don't remember seeing a Liverpool shirt anywhere I have been to in South America for example, where as there is a Nike store in whatever town and they will be selling Barca shirts, PSG shirts and whoever else. In fact, I think I even went into a New Balance store somewhere and they didn't even have our kits in there and I was saying at the time that I couldn't believe it. It's a no brainer going with Nike and we are arguably going to be their biggest team at the moment, especially if we add some major silverware this season so the income it could generate for the club would be massive. Looking at the summary of the numbers suggested and you could argue that it doesn't look a good deal if they are going to give us a relatively low amount per season and the rest based on sales etc but even without a set amount per season I would expect us to surpass what we currently make with New Balance.

There's been very few kits I've actually like with NB, probably this seasons home, last seasons home and our current white one are the only ones I have liked so if it's a generic design with Nike then so be it because it would still be better than the majority of what NB have produced and there wont be such a bad supply issue. Don't really agree with the kits being the price they are when you have to wait so long for them to come into stock to buy them in the first place.

Yeah, I have a few South American friends and it was almost impossible for them to get a Liverpool shirt in their countries. In fact, one from Brazil worked out it was actually cheaper to fly to the US and buy one than get one by official means at home. That's insane. He could get all the other clubs, even Everton at the time.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #122: Oct 26, 2019 05:46:16 pm
      Yeah, I have a few South American friends and it was almost impossible for them to get a Liverpool shirt in their countries. In fact, one from Brazil worked out it was actually cheaper to fly to the US and buy one than get one by official means at home. That's insane. He could get all the other clubs, even Everton at the time.

Didn't realize there were so many people that don't know how to order stuff on line. ??? probs don't deserve a shirt if they can't figure that out. :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #123: Oct 26, 2019 06:36:23 pm

That is absolutely ridiculous for a club of Liverpool's stature.

I really don't like Nike but you can see why they club has been led to this deal with Nike. That deal and universal scale of access that comes with the Nike brand will probably also be seen as an opportunity to seal off the hole that is otherwise filled by knock off merchandise.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #124: Oct 26, 2019 11:24:39 pm
      https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/10/26/how-nike-athletes-lebron-james-serena-williams-helped-lfc-in-court-v-new-balance/?fbclid=IwAR0w1VfjInDc2uUX2Y6cQTm-3bypMdUd5ERyJIPfXnai-p1xuDYUwNZTyUM

How Nike athletes LeBron James & Serena Williams helped LFC in court v. New Balance

Posted by Ste Carson October 26, 2019
      FacebookTwitterWhatsAppE mailMore1.6K

How Nike athletes LeBron James & Serena Williams helped LFC in court v. New Balance

Nike are reportedly set to manufacture Liverpool’s kit from next season, after the Reds won their legal case against current deal holder New Balance, as per the BBC.

And it would appear that the Oregon-based manufacturer’s notable athletes have played a vital role in helping the Reds out.

Liverpool were taken to court by New Balance, after the Reds reportedly agreed a new deal with Nike for them to take over from next season.

Under the terms of the contract, New Balance were entitled to another year if they were able to match the offer put forward by a new manufacturer.

The club didn’t believe that New Balance could in fact match what Nike put up, but the manufacturer did and so took Liverpool to court.

It was explicitly mentioned in court that it was believed that the club’s current kit suppliers would not be able to offer athletes as well-known as Serena Williams and LeBron James for campaigns. 

As per the Liverpool Echo, there was laughter in court as Liverpool’s representative questioned which tennis player would have a larger influence than Williams – and he stated that if New Balance could give an example then they could debate it, but they failed to do so.

EDIT: We're going to get Mbappe now  ;D ;D ;D Thanks Nike. Just Do It  ;D ;D ;D ;D

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #125: Oct 27, 2019 05:04:27 am

That's why they are chosing Nike. For their global influence.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #126: Oct 29, 2019 12:07:07 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #127: Oct 29, 2019 03:46:48 pm

The judgement has been made and NB have lost out, any appeal will review the same proposals and related factors.
      It does appear that NB are clutching at straws for obvious reasons.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #128: Nov 02, 2019 01:45:19 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #129: Nov 08, 2019 03:25:40 pm
      Pence was in my neighborhood yesterday for a play date with the newbalance owner.We're well out of it.
      https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIzYG81XUAEOSbI.jpg 

https://twitter.com/Tori_Bedford
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #130: Nov 26, 2019 09:31:22 pm

« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2019 09:37:15 pm by HUYTON RED »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #131: Jan 02, 2020 03:34:17 pm
      Fake, but not too sure, not too shabby.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #132: Jan 02, 2020 04:20:20 pm

Oh my word, that's so fake it's probably a fake of a fake.

Don't think our kits will look anything like that (thankfully).
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #133: Jan 02, 2020 05:30:08 pm

🤮

Grim.
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 49 
      Reply #134: Jan 02, 2020 06:05:28 pm
      That’s the kit from 1990
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #135: Jan 02, 2020 06:10:23 pm
      That’s the kit from 1990

A bit like NB's offer
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #136: Jan 02, 2020 06:11:49 pm

Think it's a fake due to the word 'Nike' being on it.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #137: Jan 02, 2020 10:03:16 pm
      Nike are creating a lot of "heritage" 90s throwback stuff at the moment, which feature the swoosh and the word Nike.

It's on a number of footy shirts this season - the black Chelsea away strip for instance, and off the top of my head I think some of the PSG strips have that logo too.

I actually wouldn't be massively surprised if that's legit...

Quick Reply