Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Nike confirmed as LFC kit supplier from 2020-21. (Updated 07/01/20)

Read 96270 times
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Re: Nike confirmed as LFC kit supplier from 2020-21. (Updated 07/01/20)
      Reply #506: Aug 15, 2020 07:40:35 pm
      Think there would be a lot Shankly would be enraged about if he saw the state of football today mate, blue away kits would probably be the least of his worries  ;D

And I'm not sure I agree with the Standard Chartered influence. Obviously their logo is blue but having a blue away shirt makes them have to amend the colour of their logo so that it stands out on the shirt. Surely from a marketing point of view, a white shirt would make more sense as they would then be able to use their proper logo without changing the colour

Fair play that's a good point I never though about that, makes sense still don't like though 👍
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #507: Aug 15, 2020 07:44:58 pm
      yea and millions have died around the world, get your priorities right eh mate.

Can't use that excuse mate it's a cheap easy way out of the argument, fact is we our being out spent by our closest rivals ( so far ).
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #508: Aug 15, 2020 11:16:15 pm
      Back on topic, training kit the lads had on in Austria looks like the pick of the bunch.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #509: Aug 16, 2020 11:29:29 am
      Back on topic, training kit the lads had on in Austria looks like the pick of the bunch.

I got the red Nike t-shirt with Liverpool FC on in the nike font Milner had on yesterday.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #510: Aug 16, 2020 11:31:42 am
      Can't use that excuse mate it's a cheap easy way out of the argument, fact is we our being out spent by our closest rivals ( so far ).

Im done. Its not an excuse, its facts. people losing theyre lives and jobss all over the world and your worry is whether LFC can outspend someone in the transfer market.

Brilliant. ;D
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #511: Aug 16, 2020 01:54:10 pm
      Saw a couple of photos of the lads in training and wow, those training kits are beautiful. I've got to say when the kit was first leaked I wasn't happy with the design but since then it has just grown on me more and more to the extent where I find it very nice, to be honest. Everything else in the collection is also very eye-pleasing IMO. Training kits, pre-match kits, tracksuits, etc all look good.

The only exception to that I would say is the away kit which I find a bit ugly not because of the blue but because of the waves/pattern they've put on it which I find to not be easy on the eyes.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me but this kit is one of those that does not look good on a hanger but changes drastically once it's on somebody (especially the players). And it's also one of those that will look even better on the pitch during the games. Lots of people will put other kits ahead of this one in the PL this season but watching a game on T.V. we'll probably have the sharpest looking kit out there. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #512: Aug 16, 2020 02:03:29 pm
      Purchased these two t-shirts from the club shop.

RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #513: Aug 16, 2020 04:39:00 pm
      So you class being outspent as a factor?

Proper sky sports generation sh*t that.

Would we have won the league without spending high on Van Dijk and Alison, I doubt it. Speculate to accumulate when your on top, in a way I hope you're right! and the seemingly unwillingness to consider looking at top tier established players to improve our squad doesn't come back to haunt us down the line.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #514: Aug 16, 2020 04:46:41 pm
      Im done. Its not an excuse, its facts. people losing theyre lives and jobss all over the world and your worry is whether LFC can outspend someone in the transfer market.

Brilliant. ;D

☹️ Get a grip, of course we all care about lives lost in this pandemic you're no better than anyone else sitting on a pedestal above us all, this is a football forum not a covid 19 forum. It's good to have a distraction from the horror of it all, thanks 🙏 for taking that away from anybody who has a different opinion than yourself.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #515: Aug 16, 2020 08:53:11 pm

Brilliant. ;D

So have a go at football players, or the 0.1% of the population that have more wealth than 50% of the planet. This is a football forum, specifically a thread about our hundreds of millions of pounds deal from our new kit sponsors, if you want to go cry about global injustices and ethics I recommend you jog on and go find some more relevant online thread...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #516: Aug 17, 2020 10:26:42 am
      YES, AND THE POINT IM MAKING IS, ALL CLUBS DONT HAVE THE SILLY MONEY FUNDS THIS SEASON TO SPEND ON THE FIFA GENERATION TRANSFERS.

SO HAVING A GO AT THE CLUB FOR NOT SPENDING BIG IS STUPID.

Also look at even bigger picture from FSG, they have 3 big sports franchises all with thousands of employees, theyre priorities is keeping these people in jobs first, would you prefer to be arsenal and make 55 non playing staff redundant just so you can give an over rated player an extra 100k a week.

And from a pure football \ squad point of view we dont actually need much doing with the squad because we already spent big in previous seasons. #BOOM

verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #517: Aug 18, 2020 01:57:10 pm
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #518: Aug 29, 2020 08:48:51 pm
      I ordered jerseys two weeks ago and haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation yet
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #519: Aug 30, 2020 05:27:29 pm
      I ordered jerseys two weeks ago and haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation yet

Just got my confirmation this past Thursday, I live in NJ USA, and I should receive my package on Tuesday. I believe I ordered the new shirt the day or day after they were made available for pre-order.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #520: Aug 31, 2020 07:51:20 pm
      I won’t be ordering one. Don’t like them, will stick with my old retro one as ever 😊
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #521: Sep 01, 2020 10:02:02 am
      Finally got mine and the bro’s was a little underwhelmed with the quality of the shirt. Not an expert in garments but it had a very cheap material feel to it in comparison to the last few NB kits. That was the “stadium” version I imagine the premium quality is the elite kit at 90 quid a pop that would be a stretch for most. To get that shipped to Aus with badges and a name your looking at $280 ... robbery.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #522: Sep 01, 2020 10:04:17 am
      Still not buying, whats the backwards collars all about too, hate the stupid white stripe down the side, and will never get used to blue away strip (ps I know its teal) but ffs its sky blue really, or cyan.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #523: Sep 01, 2020 02:48:09 pm
      Finally got mine and the bro’s was a little underwhelmed with the quality of the shirt. Not an expert in garments but it had a very cheap material feel to it in comparison to the last few NB kits. That was the “stadium” version I imagine the premium quality is the elite kit at 90 quid a pop that would be a stretch for most. To get that shipped to Aus with badges and a name your looking at $280 ... robbery.

Got the same one and thinking the same thing. I compared that to a Chile jersey that was given a couple years ago and looks cheaper.

Overall it looks fine, but was hoping for something of better quality.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #524: Sep 01, 2020 05:40:51 pm
      Got the same one and thinking the same thing. I compared that to a Chile jersey that was given a couple years ago and looks cheaper.

Overall it looks fine, but was hoping for something of better quality.

For as long as I can remember, there has always been two different qualities; the one that would be classed as “Pro” or whatever they want to call it that essentially matches what the players wear, and then there would be the replica that the majority of people would go and buy in a shop.

This year, the two different options seems to have become a lot more recognised than in previous years. I think the “pro” one has always been expensive but the price has been massively increased for the replica. That’s not just us, that seems to be every team and every manufacturer (aside from probably lower leagues). Though it seems that whilst the price has increased, the quality of replica’s has decreased and it seems to me that they are almost trying to push people into going out and buying the £100 tops. Essentially trying to sell the the approach of the replica being £70 but for just an extra £25-£30 you can get the exact one the players wear and get a much better quality.

Shithouses, each and every club in that regard because in a year that people are already seeing a massive impact on their own personal finances, the clubs are hiking up their own prices and the manufacturers it seems are now getting more money whilst probably spending less going by the quality of materials.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #525: Sep 01, 2020 07:17:08 pm
      Not fussed on the kit think the neck trim looks as if it's the wrong way round
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #526: Sep 01, 2020 07:30:28 pm
      Whatever way you look at it £100 for what is essentially a T Shirt is crazy money.

Not a chance I would even consider paying that.

Will but a jacket of some description at some point, most likely when it's on sale.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #527: Sep 01, 2020 07:43:37 pm
      For as long as I can remember, there has always been two different qualities; the one that would be classed as “Pro” or whatever they want to call it that essentially matches what the players wear, and then there would be the replica that the majority of people would go and buy in a shop.

This year, the two different options seems to have become a lot more recognised than in previous years. I think the “pro” one has always been expensive but the price has been massively increased for the replica. That’s not just us, that seems to be every team and every manufacturer (aside from probably lower leagues). Though it seems that whilst the price has increased, the quality of replica’s has decreased and it seems to me that they are almost trying to push people into going out and buying the £100 tops. Essentially trying to sell the the approach of the replica being £70 but for just an extra £25-£30 you can get the exact one the players wear and get a much better quality.

Shithouses, each and every club in that regard because in a year that people are already seeing a massive impact on their own personal finances, the clubs are hiking up their own prices and the manufacturers it seems are now getting more money whilst probably spending less going by the quality of materials.

Everyone in the supply chain will be hit by the same financial issues. From Nike right on down through all of their suppliers and what not. Doesn’t mean it’s ok, it just is what it is. Shortages in materials, disruptions to manufacturing, they all play a massive part of bringing a product to a store. Again, I don’t know how some people (Not you) will moan about no money for transfers then turn around and moan about the cost of our merch which in turn drives our revenue right now with not much (any) match day income.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #528: Sep 01, 2020 08:05:41 pm
      Not fussed on the kit think the neck trim looks as if it's the wrong way round

Everytime i look at it a tinge of 'back to front' comes into my head.

Quick Reply