Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Adrián
      0 (0%)
      Andy Roberston
      1 (1.6%)
      Joel Matip
      11 (17.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      3 (4.8%)
      Gini Wijnaldum
      1 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (4.8%)
      Sadio Mané
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      9 (14.3%)
      Mo Salah
      34 (54%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Aug 27, 2019 04:56:42 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27464 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Arsenal
      Reply #138: Aug 24, 2019 07:41:09 pm
      Seem like arse came to contain us with their defensive tactic. Never offered much going forward apart from the occasional break out.
      Once we scored and They had to come out a bit more, we just took them apart !
      Ok, couple of chances and a consolation goal. On clear chances that could easily have been 7 or 8:3
      We are starting to click and teams will get plastered that’s for sure.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #139: Aug 24, 2019 07:41:33 pm
      One week's rest has done a world of good.

3 pts and top of the league. Onwards and upwards.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #140: Aug 24, 2019 07:44:28 pm
      Well done the Redmen..

If we had faced this Arsenal team in either of our opening games we would have lost..

Think we would've upped our game then.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #141: Aug 24, 2019 07:44:54 pm
      That looked much more like us, pretty much the entire way. Great control from the midfield. Strong attacking from the front three and the fullbacks, and steady, solid, imperious defending from the center backs. Conceding is not preferred of course, but it was an aberration over the 90 minutes. We bossed it.

Having the week to train, Klopp's emphasis on building such high fitness levels, a very well-versed group in terms of carrying out the tactical mission, and of course top talent from this team Jürgen has built, all showed in today's impressive win.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #142: Aug 24, 2019 07:52:25 pm
      That looked much more like us, pretty much the entire way. Great control from the midfield. Strong attacking from the front three and the fullbacks, and steady, solid, imperious defending from the center backs. Conceding is not preferred of course, but it was an aberration over the 90 minutes. We bossed it.

Having the week to train, Klopp's emphasis on building such high fitness levels, a very well-versed group in terms of carrying out the tactical mission, and of course top talent from this team Jürgen has built, all showed in today's impressive win.

Great summary Robby.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Re: Liverpool 3:1 Arsenal. In match and post game discussion.
      Reply #143: Aug 24, 2019 08:16:48 pm
      I felt it was a dominant performance throughout apart from the last 15/20mins. My god Salahs goal was a thing of beauty. Find me a player who can do what he does he is just brilliant. This morning at 6am my missus and I found out we’re having our first child. What a buzz. I feel totally comfortable telling ye lot and all😁😁😁
      +11
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #144: Aug 24, 2019 08:20:57 pm
      3 fantastic points against ARSENAL.   We could have won by more but it was more than good enough.  With a week rest we looked overall much much better. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #145: Aug 24, 2019 08:23:30 pm
      I felt it was a dominant performance throughout apart from the last 15/20mins. My god Salahs goal was a thing of beauty. Find me a player who can do what he does he is just brilliant. This morning at 6am my missus and I found out we’re having our first child. What a buzz. I feel totally comfortable telling ye lot and all😁😁😁

Congratulations mate
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #146: Aug 24, 2019 08:30:22 pm
      First time I can recall a player getting a penalty without stopping asking the ref or falling to the deck.   I have said this for along time that giving these sort of decisions will be good for the game and stop diving.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #147: Aug 24, 2019 08:53:49 pm

Congratulations 😉 if it’s a boy are you calling him Jürgen ? ;D only messing mate🤣🤣
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #148: Aug 24, 2019 08:54:52 pm
      Congratulations to both of you.👍
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #149: Aug 24, 2019 08:56:15 pm

Get in mate!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #150: Aug 24, 2019 09:03:21 pm
      Week off done us the world of good then?  The pre-season we never had!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #151: Aug 24, 2019 09:54:13 pm

Aren't you reading his post? He already got in!

;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #152: Aug 24, 2019 09:55:22 pm

Seriously though, Mega-Congratulations.
      Harrisimo

• 8,171 posts | 1384 
      Reply #153: Aug 24, 2019 10:00:19 pm
      Salah has a real buzz about him. In one sense last season did him the world of good.Great first season here and it's so difficult to follow that up but he did and that I think has given him great confidence. He just adds that extra bit of fizz and his second goal showed his confidence.

Once he tricked Luiz there was no stopping him.His form and enthusiasm lifts the whole attack.If he keeps this form up we are in for a fantastic season.Obviously he's not a one man attack but he is a vital player for us.

Arsenal are a top 5/6 team so to put them away will be a great boost.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,229 posts | 6355 
      Reply #154: Aug 24, 2019 10:10:50 pm
      That was professional, didn’t hurt that Emery has no clue how to setup defensively but hey, I’ll take it. Good start to the season, we seem settled in now. Time to start stacking victories on top of each other.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 516 
      Reply #155: Aug 24, 2019 10:23:49 pm
      No MOTM vote? What gives? Mo or Bobby for me.

Very good performance. Don't know what game Neville and Martin Tyler were watching in the first half where Pepe was apparently terrorising Virgil. Thought we were the better side all the way. They had a couple of counter-attacks while we bossed it (until the last 10 minutes when we put our feet up). They have dangerous strikers but we kept them pretty quiet, despite our FBs pushing up. Excellent stuff against an Arsenal team who will probably be decent this year.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #156: Aug 24, 2019 10:47:40 pm
      Top of the league Ladies and Gentlemen.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #157: Aug 24, 2019 11:06:58 pm
      Getting bored with this now. At a loose end.
      I wanna talk about how good we are, and how well we played, but everyone clearly knows.
      Don’t know who else to talk to now.
      Jeeezzz I’m still buzzing !
      Harrisimo

• 8,171 posts | 1384 
      Reply #158: Aug 24, 2019 11:34:37 pm
      Getting bored with this now. At a loose end.
      I wanna talk about how good we are, and how well we played, but everyone clearly knows.
      Don’t know who else to talk to now.
      Jeeezzz I’m still buzzing !

Well yes we played well but Arsenal were so narrow it gave Robbo half a pitch to himself. They play in tight formations it always leaves space to play in.Take nothing away from our performance but Salah is buzzing. He'll play against tighter teams but he just looks up for it.Bobby as well.I think if Salah is on blob it's infectious.He's the spark that really ignites the attack.And he made Luiz look like a novice.

Poor clearance by Trent which led to their goal.That apart we defended well when called upon.Little misunderstanding between  Adrian and VVD which led to a free shot but lucky for Adrian it bounced wide.
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2019 11:38:40 pm by Harrisimo »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #159: Aug 24, 2019 11:35:46 pm
      Was tying to watch the game on my phone with a WiFi that kept dropping so kept missing parts of the game.
      No surprise the charlatan benched Lacazette, just amazed he didn’t bring him on at half time like usual.

From what I saw of the game we were so much better than recent games, lots of control and the only time they troubled us was when Adrian came rushing out. It was only a matter of time before we really tested them with a delivery into the box. Salah then was clinical and took his goals well - no keeper is stopping that type of penalty!
      It looked like we lost our way a little bit when we started to make the subs but that can easily happen when you are cruising at 3-0 up. We should have seen the game out at 3-0 and it’s disappointing we conceded again but by that point the game was already won so not the end of the world.

Probably confirms Shaqiri likely has no long term future with us, 3-0 and still can’t get any game time. Doesn’t look good for him. Either he’s carrying a knock we don’t know about, or going by his recent interview, he’s just not doing enough.

3 out of 3, couldn’t have asked for more at this stage.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #160: Aug 24, 2019 11:56:16 pm
      We are playing much better and will continue to improve. But we don't want to peak too early. So, i popped into the Gooners and they said apart from the front 3 and VVD, the rest are average but which team has 11 world class players, we need work horses as well. A balance team that is what that is needed. Let's take it one game at a time and pile more pressure on Citeh. 

Quick Reply