Trending Topics

Next match: Palace v LFC [Premier League] Sat 23rd Nov @ 3:00 pm
      Selhurst Park

Today is the 12th of November and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W11 D6 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Adrián
      0 (0%)
      Andy Roberston
      1 (1.6%)
      Joel Matip
      11 (17.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      3 (4.8%)
      Gini Wijnaldum
      1 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (4.8%)
      Sadio Mané
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      9 (14.3%)
      Mo Salah
      34 (54%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Aug 27, 2019 04:56:42 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 7061 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,788 posts | 1956 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool 3:1 Arsenal. In match and post game discussion.
      Reply #175: Aug 25, 2019 10:54:15 am
       :Still thought bobby gave the ball away too easily yesterday especially 2nd half. Got a bit sloppy and the substitutions stopped the flow.
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2019 11:16:26 am by FATKOPITE10 »
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,961 posts | 1097 
      Reply #176: Aug 25, 2019 11:06:02 am
      That was all a bit too easy never got out of 3rd gear and we dominated them. We’re on another level to Arsenal - Emery knows it and their fans do too.
      Borg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts | 48 
      Reply #177: Aug 25, 2019 12:45:56 pm
      Thrilled to see Mo run circles around David Luiz....possibly the most overrated player in the PL.

What amazes me when LFC play Arsenal is how wide open the field is for the good guys....as if Arsenal only play with 8. Verses other teams, it sometimes feels as if there are 15 defenders on the field.
      Happy to see LFC retain possession with their mids unlike most games when the back line dominates the ball.

Ignoring his excursion outside the box that almost cost LFC, Adrian was tremendous in the first half and kept LFC in the game.

Pepe is one fast dude.

I don't get Ox playing left forward

LFC defenders continue to rack up goals. Mids still blanked.

Burnley plays Sunday (today) and  Wednesday before playing LFC next weekend while LFC has the week off again
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 2081 
      Reply #178: Aug 25, 2019 01:06:05 pm
      Very impressive display, shame about the goal at the end but otherwise very very good, plus we still haven't found top gear yet!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,682 posts | 1163 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #179: Aug 25, 2019 01:27:08 pm
      Trent needs to stop giving the ball away so much. That's about the only criticism I have though.

Well, that and VAR.

I don't like it if that's how it's going to be implemented. About a 2 minute wait...for nothing. And did anyone notice it was immediately after that, that Hendo was caught in possession and Pepe almost scored?

That might be Hendo not switched on, but my worry is that it was because of the pause on the play due to that VAR incident. Players might switch off and it breaks up momentum.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,294 posts | 1315 
      Reply #180: Aug 25, 2019 06:17:15 pm
      Easy as you like really. Could have  been more. Sometimes we are too good for our own good and complacency sets in. We certainly coughed up chances at 3-0 up.

Firminos flick for himself was the highlight for me. If that went in that would have been some scenes!

People saying we've not hit top gear yet but at times yesterday we were going for the jugular in the press.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,682 posts | 1163 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #181: Aug 25, 2019 08:58:38 pm
      Firminos flick for himself was the highlight for me. If that went in that would have been some scenes!
      Yet for some inexplicable reason, MotD did not show it.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,830 posts | 3428 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #182: Aug 25, 2019 10:10:35 pm
      Get the f**k innnnn....3 on the bounce!

I have to admit, that first 30 odd minutes was doing my head in. Was like, get ball, pass out wide to Trent or Robbo, wait for cross to come in, Defender clears it then repeat. Nothing going through the middle until Bobby started to drop deeper. Really wish we had a fit and in form Keita, Ox or Lallana to play in that CAM roll.

After that 1st goal went in, we really clicked into gear. The lads did us proud again, just conceding that goal and the last 10-15 minutes of squeaky bum time were the only blips on an otherwise impressive display from our lads. Keep it going boys, 35 W's to go!
      Scottbot

• 7,884 posts | 1359 
      Reply #183: Aug 25, 2019 11:06:00 pm
      Cracking wiln. Was at a festival yesterday but spent most of the match refreshing my phone and staring at the match thread. Was particularly chuffed to see the lads pressing and harrying all over the pitch. They are pretty much suffocated them. Good selection by the boss to play Matip, scores the crucial opener and a couple of excellent tackles as well. He derserves to keep the shirt until Homez can prove he is 100% ready.

Top of the league with three wins in the bounce, only team with a 100% record. Happy days!!
      GERNS

• 7,537 posts | 545 
      Reply #184: Aug 26, 2019 07:45:58 am
      Only down side for me, is having to wait a whole week before witnessing some of the same !
      On the up side, another full week of training and rest will hopefully see us go up another gear 😂
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 274 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #185: Aug 26, 2019 09:44:59 am
      Great win.

Arsenal were dangerous on the break, but as usual have a dodgy defense, esp. when up against a team that press so well like us.
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,052 posts | 1095 
      Reply #186: Aug 26, 2019 12:01:17 pm
      Exciting thing after that win is we absolutely absolutely battered them, but my feeling was one of we could have played so much better.

Seems like we still have a few levels to go up, but we are still far and away better than most teams.

And Salah is looking rapid, fancy him to be hitting 35+ again this year if he stays fit, looks brilliant.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,182 posts | 3941 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #187: Aug 26, 2019 12:33:14 pm
      Only down side for me, is having to wait a whole week before witnessing some of the same !
      On the up side, another full week of training and rest will hopefully see us go up another gear 😂

At least in that time we don’t have a game, Burnley have.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 2081 
      Reply #188: Aug 26, 2019 03:49:09 pm
      We were totally in control of the match, to the extent we got a bit complacent at the end. The positive for me is that we are beating good teams whilst still being a bit disjointed, we will only get better as the season goes on!
      I know its still very early in the season but I dont feel that Citeh are at quite the same level as last year, even allowing for a bit of rustiness, they just seem a bit below par or perhaps teams have finally figured out that you can actually attack them and score or at least they think that they might as well try.
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,839 posts | 69 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #189: Aug 26, 2019 04:37:59 pm
      I was very impressed and pleased to see the performance, we really controlled the game from the start which is something we have not done so far this season, we could of scored a few more goals with the chances we created. I thought it was a very good game from the trio of Fabinho/Gini/Hendo who all very lively, won the ball and were very good in possession. Firmino again looks extremely good, his first tough has been amazing this season and allowing him to control the game either holding the ball up or mixing with Salah/Mane in attack.

Now on to Burnley!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,967 posts | 4348 
      Reply #190: Aug 26, 2019 05:22:13 pm
      Apologies for the delay in putting up the MOTM poll - it gets done automatically and the system had a brainfart on Saturday.  It has now been kindly added by racerx.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,355 posts | 1378 
      Reply #191: Aug 27, 2019 02:35:54 am
      Fantastic win for us on Saturday. Controlled the game without getting out of second gear. As others have already mentioned, we're streets ahead of Arsenal now and it's just more evidence of how good a job jurgen klopp has done with our football club.

As good as our win was and as dominant as we were, there were still minor concerns for me. I thought we gifted Arsenal a couple of golden opportunities which they should have put away in truth. Teams will always have chances in the premierleague but I don't think we're as solid as what we were last season just yet.

This is no criticism of Adrian at all, he's a very decent back up goalie, but I do think Alison's absence is very noticeable and you realise just how good of a goalkeeper he actually is.

Salah motm for me. That second goal of his was insanely good. And that's the thing about us. Our front three are that good that it doesn't matter what football match we play. It doesn't matter where we go. We will always be in a game with those three.

Three wins from three, top of the league, it's all looking good. And we're nowhere near our best yet either.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,251 posts | 946 
      Reply #192: Aug 27, 2019 03:24:15 am
      Just watched it again and for 70 minutes or so, we were even better than I remembered. Yes, Arsenal created a few chances on the counter, but for much of that time they struggled to get past the center circle. The work of Mane, Gini, Matip and Fabinho with the press in particular. Some of the passing from the fullbacks, Fabinho and Henderson, and the constant threat from the forwards.....!

I watched Spurs vs. Newcastle Sunday and thought it was a decent game of football, but the entertainment value of our match is just so far beyond those, and I think that is much more than the impact of my fan interest being with our game. We've got something special going on before our eyes.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,546 posts | 173 
      Reply #193: Aug 27, 2019 04:33:17 am
       :aaliverpool2xt1:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3431 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #194: Aug 27, 2019 08:20:23 am
      Apologies for the delay in putting up the MOTM poll - it gets done automatically and the system had a brainfart on Saturday.  It has now been kindly added by racerx.

Nice one Racerton 😉
      JC16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 836 posts | 78 
      Reply #195: Aug 27, 2019 09:20:41 am

It was pretty much a no brainer anyway once Mo got his second.

An 8 page thread for a win over Arsenal???
      higgy_sham
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,409 posts | 405 
      Reply #196: Aug 27, 2019 09:25:22 am
      It was pretty much a no brainer anyway once Mo got his second.

An 8 page thread for a win over Arsenal???

Have noticed it's very quiet on here the last wee while.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,397 posts | 2922 
      Reply #197: Aug 27, 2019 10:00:25 am
      Have noticed it's very quiet on here the last wee while.

Nothing to moan about Higgy.. 😎
      higgy_sham
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,409 posts | 405 
      Reply #198: Aug 27, 2019 11:18:42 am
      Nothing to moan about Higgy.. 😎

Would say you're not far wrong there pal.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,775 posts | 2442 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #199: Aug 27, 2019 11:48:22 am

Didn't feel right without one.

Quick Reply