Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Adrián
      0 (0%)
      Andy Roberston
      1 (1.6%)
      Joel Matip
      11 (17.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      3 (4.8%)
      Gini Wijnaldum
      1 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (4.8%)
      Sadio Mané
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      9 (14.3%)
      Mo Salah
      34 (54%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Aug 27, 2019 04:56:42 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27198 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool 3:1 Arsenal. In match and post game discussion.
      Reply #161: Aug 25, 2019 01:28:03 am
      We are playing much better and will continue to improve. But we don't want to peak too early. So, i popped into the Gooners and they said apart from the front 3 and VVD, the rest are average but which team has 11 world class players, we need work horses as well. A balance team that is what that is needed. Let's take it one game at a time and pile more pressure on Citeh.

They should be having a pop at Emery.He must've known if you give Robbo space he will bomb on.They were very narrow, doesn't Emery know our two full backs support better than any and if you give them space they'll kill you. Trent played the ball in for the pen and Robbo nearly made 3 with his crosses.

They were also far to deep in the first half. Why did he buy Luiz..he's a vastly overrated defender.He's got a charge sheet longer than any top 6 team defender.Added another 2 to the list today.Even claimed Salah said he felt no contact.That's irrelevant, still a penalty.Why pull the shirt giving the ref a decision to make. Schoolboy stuff.Terry saved his arse numerous times.

Our defence hasn't been great of late.Emery didn't twig that.When they did attack it was a bit late - the game was won.

We beat them with ease and could've had 5/6. Poor show Emery.
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2019 01:44:04 am by Harrisimo »
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #162: Aug 25, 2019 02:07:58 am
      They should be having a pop at Emery.He must've known if you give Robbo space he will bomb on.They were very narrow, doesn't Emery know our two full backs support better than any and if you give them space they'll kill you. Trent played the ball in for the pen and Robbo nearly made 3 with his crosses.

They were also far to deep in the first half. Why did he buy Luiz..he's a vastly overrated defender.He's got a charge sheet longer than any top 6 team defender.Added another 2 to the list today.Even claimed Salah said he felt no contact.That's irrelevant, still a penalty.Why pull the shirt giving the ref a decision to make. Schoolboy stuff.Terry saved his arse numerous times.

Our defence hasn't been great of late.Emery didn't twig that.When they did attack it was a bit late - the game was won.

We beat them with ease and could've had 5/6. Poor show Emery.

Luiz reminds me of the coaches kid, who sucks, but always starts games.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #163: Aug 25, 2019 02:15:12 am

The mentioned this during halftime in the NBC feed and i agree with their statement, that Arsenal basically had to pick its poison. Go narrow and leave the wings open for our full backs, or spread out and get carved up the middle.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #164: Aug 25, 2019 04:30:21 am
      Was extremely impressed by Fabinho
      You can see just how vital he is for us now
      He anchors our midfield and was utterly majestic today.
      I am a huge fan of his.
      So composed on the ball, graceful when the opportunity allows and then can be very combative and effective when he needs to win the ball back.
      I think that our spine of him, the still vastly underrated by world football Bobby,  the imperious Virgil at the back marshaling our defense and then the eventually returning Allison providing confidence and composure...then wow...that could be the best foundation we have ever had to allow the flair players to perform.
      Special mention for Joel Matip. That fella has really come on. Gomez has a real job on his hands to get into our starting 11. 
      It’s only three games in and one game at a time but it’s looking promising.
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #165: Aug 25, 2019 06:08:32 am
      No poll?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #166: Aug 25, 2019 06:44:02 am
      Bobby was Bobby ..... sublime.

Mo exposed Luiz as the dirty useless lazy b***ard he has always been ......  loved it.

All the team put an amazing shift in.   

Well done lads.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #167: Aug 25, 2019 06:47:34 am
      We played brilliantly from the first second. Matip, Firmino and Salah all deserve MOTM. We showed that we want to challenge again this season.

Until now, I'm still not understanding VARs call for red card. What happened with Salah? Being elbowed?

Now, I hope that Wilson helps us this afternoon too.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #168: Aug 25, 2019 08:26:02 am
      No idea what happened, but what a result.

I was flying out of Liverpool just as the match started, but was delighted to get news several hours later that we had won.

What a weekend! By all accounts, it sounds like we fully deserved it, and that score line says it all. Fantastic! What a goal from Salah too!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #169: Aug 25, 2019 08:37:24 am
      No idea what happened, but what a result.

I was flying out of Liverpool just as the match started, but was delighted to get news several hours later that we had won.

What a weekend! By all accounts, it sounds like we fully deserved it, and that score line says it all. Fantastic! What a goal from Salah too!

We dominated them and sucked their space literally from the 1st second until 82th minute. We showed that we will be there again.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #170: Aug 25, 2019 08:44:40 am
      Aren't you reading his post? He already got in!

;D

>:D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #171: Aug 25, 2019 09:45:39 am
      I was impressed the way we took the game to Arsenal and never eased up.To my mind Bobby does so much for the team and we are lucky to have him.That aside every player did their bit and we can't ask for any more than that.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #172: Aug 25, 2019 09:50:36 am
      We dealt with Arsenal like Virgil deals with attackers.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #173: Aug 25, 2019 10:10:06 am
      Glad there's no MOM poll. I'd have had to give it to the whole team.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #174: Aug 25, 2019 10:34:31 am
      Bobby is on fire at the Moment

What a goal by Mo!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #175: Aug 25, 2019 10:54:15 am
       :Still thought bobby gave the ball away too easily yesterday especially 2nd half. Got a bit sloppy and the substitutions stopped the flow.
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2019 11:16:26 am by FATKOPITE10 »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #176: Aug 25, 2019 11:06:02 am
      That was all a bit too easy never got out of 3rd gear and we dominated them. We’re on another level to Arsenal - Emery knows it and their fans do too.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #177: Aug 25, 2019 12:45:56 pm
      Thrilled to see Mo run circles around David Luiz....possibly the most overrated player in the PL.

What amazes me when LFC play Arsenal is how wide open the field is for the good guys....as if Arsenal only play with 8. Verses other teams, it sometimes feels as if there are 15 defenders on the field.
      Happy to see LFC retain possession with their mids unlike most games when the back line dominates the ball.

Ignoring his excursion outside the box that almost cost LFC, Adrian was tremendous in the first half and kept LFC in the game.

Pepe is one fast dude.

I don't get Ox playing left forward

LFC defenders continue to rack up goals. Mids still blanked.

Burnley plays Sunday (today) and  Wednesday before playing LFC next weekend while LFC has the week off again
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #178: Aug 25, 2019 01:06:05 pm
      Very impressive display, shame about the goal at the end but otherwise very very good, plus we still haven't found top gear yet!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #179: Aug 25, 2019 01:27:08 pm
      Trent needs to stop giving the ball away so much. That's about the only criticism I have though.

Well, that and VAR.

I don't like it if that's how it's going to be implemented. About a 2 minute wait...for nothing. And did anyone notice it was immediately after that, that Hendo was caught in possession and Pepe almost scored?

That might be Hendo not switched on, but my worry is that it was because of the pause on the play due to that VAR incident. Players might switch off and it breaks up momentum.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #180: Aug 25, 2019 06:17:15 pm
      Easy as you like really. Could have  been more. Sometimes we are too good for our own good and complacency sets in. We certainly coughed up chances at 3-0 up.

Firminos flick for himself was the highlight for me. If that went in that would have been some scenes!

People saying we've not hit top gear yet but at times yesterday we were going for the jugular in the press.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #181: Aug 25, 2019 08:58:38 pm
      Firminos flick for himself was the highlight for me. If that went in that would have been some scenes!
      Yet for some inexplicable reason, MotD did not show it.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #182: Aug 25, 2019 10:10:35 pm
      Get the F**k innnnn....3 on the bounce!

I have to admit, that first 30 odd minutes was doing my head in. Was like, get ball, pass out wide to Trent or Robbo, wait for cross to come in, Defender clears it then repeat. Nothing going through the middle until Bobby started to drop deeper. Really wish we had a fit and in form Keita, Ox or Lallana to play in that CAM roll.

After that 1st goal went in, we really clicked into gear. The lads did us proud again, just conceding that goal and the last 10-15 minutes of squeaky bum time were the only blips on an otherwise impressive display from our lads. Keep it going boys, 35 W's to go!
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #183: Aug 25, 2019 11:06:00 pm
      Cracking wiln. Was at a festival yesterday but spent most of the match refreshing my phone and staring at the match thread. Was particularly chuffed to see the lads pressing and harrying all over the pitch. They are pretty much suffocated them. Good selection by the boss to play Matip, scores the crucial opener and a couple of excellent tackles as well. He derserves to keep the shirt until Homez can prove he is 100% ready.

Top of the league with three wins in the bounce, only team with a 100% record. Happy days!!

Quick Reply