Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Adrián
      0 (0%)
      Andy Roberston
      1 (1.6%)
      Joel Matip
      11 (17.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Fabinho
      3 (4.8%)
      Gini Wijnaldum
      1 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (4.8%)
      Sadio Mané
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      9 (14.3%)
      Mo Salah
      34 (54%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Aug 27, 2019 04:56:42 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27196 times
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #207: Aug 27, 2019 01:25:50 pm
      I know it's only 3 league games in, but that was the best performance so far, just need to keep this going and improve game on game.

Well done lads!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #208: Aug 27, 2019 02:14:46 pm
      You can see already we are better this season compared to last, and we're yet to hit top gear, Mo looks sharper as does Bobby and Mane isn't far behind,
      The intensity is incredible and incessant and that is the subtle difference,
      Yes we pressed in a lot of games last season but we were also more measured and seemed more likely to control the game, particularly if we took a lead,

This season it's looking more like we'll be going for the jugular from the start and not letting up too much, Arsenal played well, and had their chances but we were in their faces for 70% of the game,and  they simply couldn't cope with our initial pace although that understandably waned,

I think this is what we will be seeing in most of our fixtures, and it's damn f***in exciting, I love it, you could watch it over and over and not get bored,
      And the more we play the better we will become,  Can't wait for the Burnley game now, and yet another exciting exhibition from the Champions Elect.

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #209: Aug 27, 2019 03:15:08 pm
      You can see already we are better this season compared to last, and we're yet to hit top gear, Mo looks sharper as does Bobby and Mane isn't far behind,
      The intensity is incredible and incessant and that is the subtle difference,
      Yes we pressed in a lot of games last season but we were also more measured and seemed more likely to control the game, particularly if we took a lead,

This season it's looking more like we'll be going for the jugular from the start and not letting up too much, Arsenal played well, and had their chances but we were in their faces for 70% of the game,and  they simply couldn't cope with our initial pace although that understandably waned,

I think this is what we will be seeing in most of our fixtures, and it's damn f***in exciting, I love it, you could watch it over and over and not get bored,
      And the more we play the better we will become,  Can't wait for the Burnley game now, and yet another exciting exhibition from the Champions Elect.

YNWA

I think the team is very confident in teh fcat, that we rarely lose more than 1 goal, even now when we have been a bit rusty at the back.

Think gives the front 3, and the 2 non-holding MF's a chance to press and go for it, and of course with trent and robbo bombing on causing havoc it makes us even more dangerous.

Teams are now scared of us again, even the so called big teams, change tactics to suit us.

Its class.
      Donr
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 3:1 Arsenal. In match and post game discussion.
      Reply #210: Aug 27, 2019 04:22:29 pm
      I think it was the Salah high boot that was checked. He didn't hit anyone, but I couldn't see any other incident for the check.

Hair Bag didnt get a yellow card for trying to swap shirts with VVD for the first goal. He got it instead for trying to swap them with Mo as soon as the second half started, then was literally given the run around by Mo for the third. It meant we could doze off for the last half hour, for the routine home win against Arsenal. So 9 goals, 9 points, top of the league, and a major European trophy in August is a great start.

Now we head for Monaco to collect the UEFA awards going, during the European Cup draw...

who is going to that? Van Dijk?  would prefer them to be training, this is the last midweek without a match up to mid January(depending on progress in LC). Three international breaks in that time which takes players away fromt he club for 10/11 days.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #211: Aug 27, 2019 06:32:08 pm
      Talk to any Arsenal fan and I think they'd take one of those training ground mannequins over Mustafi, so even a loon like Luiz is probably a marginal improvement on what they've got. Got to agree he's hardly one you'd turn to to bring a sense of calmness to your back four though...  :D

He's sh*te in all honesty. A bit like Arsenal as a whole at the moment.

Good win for us, the front three hitting their usual form and whisper it quietly, Matip is turning into a very good defender, was boss again on Saturday.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #212: Aug 27, 2019 06:44:17 pm
      Yeah we don't look like keeping one as things stand!

First one coming Saturday!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #213: Aug 27, 2019 08:25:19 pm
      and whisper it quietly, Matip is turning into a very good defender, was boss again on Saturday.

He's outshone Lovren since he arrived in my opinion.  What's let him down has been his injury record.

I think Gomez presents Matip with greater competition than Dejan did and that, along with obviously training and playing with van Dijk, is allowing him to continue to improve.

That snatch away from Aubameyang was a definite goal-saving moment v Arsenal.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #214: Aug 27, 2019 08:26:41 pm
      this is the last midweek without a match up to mid January(depending on progress in LC).

Hadn't realised that.  Strap ourselves in for the ride.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #215: Aug 27, 2019 09:08:23 pm
      who is going to that? Van Dijk?  would prefer them to be training, this is the last midweek without a match up to mid January(depending on progress in LC). Three international breaks in that time which takes players away fromt he club for 10/11 days.

Yes but Virgil has been nominated for UEFA Player of the Year.He's up against the usual suspects Messi and Ronaldo.Messi top scorer throughout Europe and Ronaldo won the Nations League with Portugal and Serie A with Juve. But it's reported that Virgil Van Dijk is favourite to win, it's thursday night, so he'll probably pitch up grab the award,scoff his scampi in a basket and hitch a lift back to Liverpool in time for the Burnley gig...

« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2019 09:14:13 pm by Harrisimo »
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #216: Aug 27, 2019 09:24:14 pm
      Talk to any Arsenal fan and I think they'd take one of those training ground mannequins over Mustafi, so even a loon like Luiz is probably a marginal improvement on what they've got. Got to agree he's hardly one you'd turn to to bring a sense of calmness to your back four though...  :D

I randomly watched highlights of the 2012 Super Cup when we were about to play our Final against Chelsea, and it was amazing. Every Single Goal in that game was David Luiz fault.

It suddenly occurred to me that Frank Lampard was his team mate.

I found it super weird the way he left Chelsea so abruptly and was desperate to go to Arsenal.

After watching those highlights I genuinely believe Lampard knew the guy was a total Liability after being his teammate for a number of years and the first thing on his agenda as a manager was to Get Rid ASAP.

He has the potential to be catastrophically bad, worse than Lovren on his worst day ;D.
      I can't believe Arsenal fans celebrated getting him.

The move seemed fishy from the start.
      Harrisimo

• 7,967 posts | 1355 
      Reply #217: Aug 27, 2019 09:35:48 pm
      I randomly watched highlights of the 2012 Super Cup when we were about to play our Final against Chelsea, and it was amazing. Every Single Goal in that game was David Luiz fault.

It suddenly occurred to me that Frank Lampard was his team mate.

I found it super weird the way he left Chelsea so abruptly and was desperate to go to Arsenal.

After watching those highlights I genuinely believe Lampard knew the guy was a total Liability after being his teammate for a number of years and the first thing on his agenda as a manager was to Get Rid ASAP.

He has the potential to be catastrophically bad, worse than Lovren on his worst day ;D.
      I can't believe Arsenal fans celebrated getting him.

The move seemed fishy from the start.

But in all honesty it doesn't take a genius to work out Luiz is a car crash waiting to happen.He's not cut out for the Prem.a strolling cushy number at Barca or Real yes and I was slightly surprised that Unia Emery forked out £8m for a 32 year old. Lampard conned Emery over that deal for sure.I mean Unia only had to ask and we could've fitted him up with Lovren for a mere £15m..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #218: Aug 28, 2019 01:49:53 am
      He's sh*te in all honesty. A bit like Arsenal as a whole at the moment.

Good win for us, the front three hitting their usual form and whisper it quietly, Matip is turning into a very good defender, was boss again on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCnVH6_158w

Think I laughed until tears came out of my eyes the first time I saw this. He is capable of being so very, very bad.  ;D

3:55 is perhaps the crowning moment of it all.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #219: Aug 28, 2019 01:59:52 am
      But in all honesty it doesn't take a genius to work out Luiz is a car crash waiting to happen.He's not cut out for the Prem.a strolling cushy number at Barca or Real yes and I was slightly surprised that Unia Emery forked out £8m for a 32 year old. Lampard conned Emery over that deal for sure.I mean Unia only had to ask and we could've fitted him up with Lovren for a mere £15m..

In today market and considering Arsenal would have to play Mustafi who is by far one of the worst defenders in the Premiership I would consider it a low risk move. I think they will be a fun side to watch this season and I think they can keep their attack fit and firing they will outscore their defending issues to UCL spot.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #220: Aug 28, 2019 11:58:21 am
      Hadn't realised that.  Strap ourselves in for the ride.

Liver on red alert.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #221: Aug 28, 2019 05:28:25 pm
      In today market and considering Arsenal would have to play Mustafi who is by far one of the worst defenders in the Premiership I would consider it a low risk move. I think they will be a fun side to watch this season and I think they can keep their attack fit and firing they will outscore their defending issues to UCL spot.

They literally have 2 Mustati's now.
      ;D You have to ask yourself why would Lampard be willing to let him go so swiftly?
      Surely Arsenal have a 20 year old CB in their set up that has potential, as opposed to a 32 year old car crash waiting to happen.

Its just funny LAMPARD KNEW!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #222: Aug 28, 2019 06:42:09 pm
      They literally have 2 Mustati's now.
      ;D You have to ask yourself why would Lampard be willing to let him go so swiftly?
      Surely Arsenal have a 20 year old CB in their set up that has potential, as opposed to a 32 year old car crash waiting to happen.

Its just funny LAMPARD KNEW!

I think on his day Luiz can be a good defender and for chump change upgrade over Mustafi has never shown anything close to being a good defender (hence why they try to sell him and no one will touch him) while Holding is hurt and got Chambers who meh.

I think as far as Chelsea concern they are in the transition toward younger side and saw chance to get a fee for older player so they pulled the trigger. They must be high on Tomori to make the jump up like Mount has done.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #223: Aug 28, 2019 10:42:09 pm
      I think on his day Luiz can be a good defender and for chump change upgrade over Mustafi has never shown anything close to being a good defender (hence why they try to sell him and no one will touch him) while Holding is hurt and got Chambers who meh.

I think as far as Chelsea concern they are in the transition toward younger side and saw chance to get a fee for older player so they pulled the trigger. They must be high on Tomori to make the jump up like Mount has done.

Wasnt it Luiz who threw a hissyfit and didnt show up to training or something? He signed a new 2 year contract in May 🤔 Lamps appointed in July. Lampard clearly didn't rate him
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #224: Aug 30, 2019 07:15:17 pm
      What a goal from Mo, maybe an early goal of the season contender, the flic past the defender [OK, was Luis, but still], outstrip him, and calm finish at pace, brilliant stuff.
      Arse had a few chances sure, but we missed a few too, and still won it pretty comfortable.
      Keep the wins comin lads :)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #225: Aug 31, 2019 09:02:05 am
      What, no match thread for Burnley ?
      We just continue on here for Burnley then ?

Quick Reply