Day 4 Summary
Long day at Flushing Meadows. Let’s review the key highlights of the top half
• Medvedev, Goffin and Stan are through to round 3. Even though, Medvedev and Goffin have challenging Spanish opponents in Feliciano López and Carreño Busta, Stan is almost certain to set up an interesting fourth round clash with the Djoker.
• Evans downed Pouille to set up a match with Roger, which I think would be better for Feds compared to Pouille.
• Matches to watch out in third round – Medvedev vs. Lopez, Goffin vs. Carreño Busta, Nishikori vs. de Minaur
From the bottom half
• Rafa had a walkover, and he will meet Chung after he won his second consecutive 5 set encounter against Verdasco
• As projected Isner is through to round 3 and looks good to set up a round 4 clash with Rafa as Cilic is still struggling.
• Rublev and Kyrgios win their respective matches to set up an interesting round 3 encounter.
• Other key players Berrettini, Monfils, Shapovalov, and Schwartzman progeressed without any concerns as Zverev struggled past Tiafoe.
• Matches to watch out in third round – Rublev vs. Kyrgios, Monfils vs. Shapovalov, Isner vs. Čilić
No major surprises today from Men’s draw, however I expect some surprises tomorrow