Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

UEFA Champions League Group Draw 2019/20

Read 47455 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: UEFA Champions League Group Draw 2019/20
      Reply #92: Aug 31, 2019 01:28:41 am
      Shame Messi doesn't really understand English, meant he missed Van Dijk talking about the win over Barca right in his face.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #93: Sep 01, 2019 11:57:33 pm
      He doesn't understand any whatsoever.

A non native English speaker once told me bluntly years ago that if you can't speak English, you're "disabled". He must feel like that when he goes to international events such as this, when it's all in English and he has no idea what people are saying.

Quote from JD
      Hope for a better performance in Naples. That was our worst display of last season.

I thought Belgrade was much worse, as the first leg score at home lulled everyone, Jürgen included, into a false sense of security, as I feared, and we got done by half time. Belgrade away is always hostile and intimidating, they give most teams a bloody nose there, as they probably will again this season.

There was a collective groan when Napoli appeared again, but even though the fixture list is not ideal, getting through the group should be a breeze, if professionalism beats complacency.

Every game is at the usual time bar the trip to Salzburg, which has the earlier ko. Very surprised that Group E starts on a Tuesday. Groups E-H usually start on Wednesday, so they finish on Wednesday. Ideally, we want to wrap it up before we go to Salzburg, with the World Club Cup just around the corner. So hopefully we can do it the easy way for a change.

We collected 3 individual awards from UEFA. It's not easy to beat Ronaldo and Messi, but VVD can beat anyone. He's just left two more opponents trailing in his wake.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #94: Sep 02, 2019 06:22:06 pm
      Happy with the draw overall. Just hope we play better away at Napoli - that was probably our worst away performance last season especially that second half. We couldn't take the sting out of the game.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #95: Sep 02, 2019 07:29:21 pm
      Happy with the draw overall. Just hope we play better away at Napoli - that was probably our worst away performance last season especially that second half. We couldn't take the sting out of the game.

Have to disagree. That Red Star Belgrade away game was the stuff of nightmares.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #96: Sep 05, 2019 09:49:40 pm

It's just a very difficult place to play and it will be again this time around.

Last season we went there in the week and got the run around for 90 minutes, lost in the last minute then 3 days later we were at home against City and we had nothing to throw at them at Anfield and were lucky to get a point thanks to the Mahrez penalty miss.

This year its away to Chelsea 3 days later and it's going to be very tough for us to win both. I think we could see a little bit of rotation in the Napoli game actually. From recollection their pitch was huge and it really did sap us. For now priority is the league for me, as theres every chance we can win the group with an away point to Napoli.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #97: Sep 05, 2019 10:27:46 pm

Last season we went there in the week and got the run around for 90 minutes, lost in the last minute then 3 days later we were at home against City and we had nothing to throw at them at Anfield and were lucky to get a point thanks to the Mahrez penalty miss.

This year its away to Chelsea 3 days later and it's going to be very tough for us to win both. I think we could see a little bit of rotation in the Napoli game actually. From recollection their pitch was huge and it really did sap us. For now priority is the league for me, as theres every chance we can win the group with an away point to Napoli.

That second half felt like the Sevilla come back second half, literally could not get the ball for 45 mins. My level of respect for Napoli went through the roof after that game.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #98: Sep 06, 2019 09:30:12 am

I'd rather have Chelsea away than Citeh at home to be honest, plus I don't think we will be as bad this year as last.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #99: Sep 07, 2019 04:03:57 pm
      I really think the group worked out well for us. Napoli will be difficult fixtures but if we play close to our ability in this group we should see no problem getting through to the round of 16.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #100: Sep 11, 2019 07:19:45 am
      I really think the group worked out well for us. Napoli will be difficult fixtures but if we play close to our ability in this group we should see no problem getting through to the round of 16.

Agree.

Last 16 beckons.
      cragglew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #101: Sep 11, 2019 08:16:53 pm
      So straight forward, Us and Napoli going through all day long. Of course i would love us to win the CL again. The PL is the most important one this season.

Quick Reply