Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Adrián
      1 (1.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      4 (4.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      13 (14.6%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      20 (22.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      9 (10.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      38 (42.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Sep 04, 2019 07:29:54 pm

Burnley 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 91262 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Burnley 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #207: Aug 31, 2019 07:52:53 pm
      Salah has one of the highest assists

Heard it all before mate. You didn't have to be a psychic to see an argument was brewing between those 2.

Played enough Sunday league to call this one. It's annoying when your in space and dont receive the pass, especially when on the other hand you would slide them in.

Salah is an incredible footballer and will therefore have incredible goal and assists stats. They could be even better and we could be even better if he gets out of this silly tunnel vision mode he goes in to once we have a lead.

He got an assist today for Firmino (inadvertently mind). I've not liked it for a while and get sh*t for it on here for saying it. I'm not the only one though and now Sadio has finally snapped.

Take the right option, not the selfish one. That's all.

I'm glad it's happened to be honest. I think we will see an even better team as a result of it.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #208: Aug 31, 2019 07:56:17 pm
      Burnley is a heard place to go to but we did a professional job on them.  Totally controlled the game.  VVD was my MOTM he was his flawless self. 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #209: Aug 31, 2019 07:57:19 pm
      Heard it all before mate. You didn't have to be a psychic to see an argument was brewing between those 2.

Played enough Sunday league to call this one. It's annoying when your in space and dont receive the pass, especially when on the other hand you would slide them in.

Salah is an incredible footballer and will therefore have incredible goal and assists stats. They could be even better and we could be even better if he gets out of this silly tunnel vision mode he goes in to once we have a lead.

He got an assist today for Firmino (inadvertently mind). I've not liked it for a while and get sh*t for it on here for saying it. I'm not the only one though and now Sadio has finally snapped.

Take the right option, not the selfish one. That's all.

I'm glad it's happened to be honest. I think we will see an even better team as a result of it.

:mad:
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #210: Aug 31, 2019 07:59:11 pm
      Dyche saying it wasn't a 3-0 game, no was 6-0, pub team were chasing shadows.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #211: Aug 31, 2019 08:00:01 pm

Not a 3-0 game Haha. If our lads had needed to score 7 we would have.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #212: Aug 31, 2019 08:00:17 pm
      Went for Fabinho for MOTM.  Would likely have voted Mane.  Would just rather see those outbursts not happen in front of cameras.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #213: Aug 31, 2019 08:01:01 pm
      Salah’s greedines gets kn my nerves, it was there last season and it’s more obvious now. Last season we struggled in some games when we could have been 2 or 3 up but Salah decided to shoot from tight angles when he had players free in the area.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #214: Aug 31, 2019 08:01:51 pm
      Played enough Sunday league to call this one

f***in ell
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #215: Aug 31, 2019 08:03:56 pm
      That was a great performance that against a horrible side & away from home,really getting into our stride now I feel.
      Some great performances today two standouts for me where fab & the big man but going for the big Virgil he owned everything that came his way today.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #216: Aug 31, 2019 08:16:15 pm
      4 wins, top of the league and the super cup in the bag. So i look forward to reading about sadio getting angry for the next 2 F***ing weeks
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #217: Aug 31, 2019 08:16:51 pm
      Strong performance although Burnley made much of the 2nd half difficult to watch.

The only thing worse than Burnley's tactics and constant grabbing, are their moaning fans. OH THE OUTRAGE.

I went with Fabinho as MOTM. Graeme La Saux says he is our Metronome in midfield.

Klopp said the Mane thing has already been handled in the dressing room (that's what Mrs. Mane said)

We pass the 10 percent threshold with today's win.

THIS IS THE SEASON!!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #218: Aug 31, 2019 08:18:50 pm

c**t hasn't got 3 hairs or braincells to rub together . Football from the 70's

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #219: Aug 31, 2019 08:21:19 pm

Sunday league or Sunday 4pm at Anfield. If you're 2 on 1 and the guy keeps shooting you're going to get fu**ed off.

Been in that position myself where you happily lay players in and then in return get the other tw*t shooting.

If left unchecked then by the end of it Mane and Salah will end up shooting out of spite.

A few season ago it was Mane I called out for it. It just doesn't sit well when it's so blatant.

To be fair it's done with but what the F**k is the point denying that Salah does this? What further proof could or would anybody possibly need?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #220: Aug 31, 2019 08:22:07 pm
      Salah’s greedines gets kn my nerves, it was there last season and it’s more obvious now. Last season we struggled in some games when we could have been 2 or 3 up but Salah decided to shoot from tight angles when he had players free in the area.

And yet his assists count is right up there.

Amazing how some fans will kneel down and suck from a hastily written media narrative.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #221: Aug 31, 2019 08:23:22 pm
      Exactly.

Don't buy into the idiots on Sky making a meal of it.

Agreed.

It wasn't exactly this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FtcBH30DmM
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #222: Aug 31, 2019 08:29:00 pm
      And yet his assists count is right up there.

Amazing how some fans will kneel down and suck from a hastily written media narrative.

Why hide from it though? A few have been talking about the greediness becoming silly and others have decided before today that its 'the media' putting it in our heads. I dont think Sadio has been watching the SSN on loop and fallen for it.

Is it F**k the media, twice he should have laid players in and I was watching on Bein sports. I dont speak Arabic but I know greedy play when I see it.

Sadio himself is no saint, sometimes the players take the wrong option. The Ox did it too today.

Salah though has been doing peoples heads in for a while. You can think yourself a smart arse and say we've fallen for a grand narrative or just use your instincts and call it for what it is.

As Shankly never once said, hes being avaricious.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #223: Aug 31, 2019 08:36:27 pm
      Went for Fabinho for MOTM.  Would likely have voted Mane.  Would just rather see those outbursts not happen in front of cameras.

I went Fabinho as well. Never gave them a chance to get through midfield.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #224: Aug 31, 2019 08:36:39 pm
      To be fair it's done with but what the f**k is the point denying that Salah does this?

Not denying he does. So does Mane. But when they're both racking up those digits then they can F***ing crack on as far as I'm concerned.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #225: Aug 31, 2019 08:37:51 pm
      Salah though has been doing peoples heads in for a while.

Really? First I've heard anything like this.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #226: Aug 31, 2019 08:40:47 pm
      We are the best team in the  world right now.

I'm much more interested in that as a topic of discussion than two top-flight players disagreeing about a meaningless decision near the end of the match.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #227: Aug 31, 2019 08:43:16 pm
      Van Dijk.

Every reason to expect that his latest award may play on his mind.

Instead chooses to show everyone just why he was voted the best player in Europe.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #228: Aug 31, 2019 08:43:51 pm
      Why hide from it though? A few have been talking about the greediness becoming silly and others have decided before today that its 'the media' putting it in our heads. I dont think Sadio has been watching the SSN on loop and fallen for it.

Is it f**k the media, twice he should have laid players in and I was watching on Bein sports. I dont speak Arabic but I know greedy play when I see it.

Sadio himself is no saint, sometimes the players take the wrong option. The Ox did it too today.

Salah though has been doing peoples heads in for a while. You can think yourself a smart arse and say we've fallen for a grand narrative or just use your instincts and call it for what it is.

As Shankly never once said, hes being avaricious.

We won 3 nil , sitting top of the table with 100% and you are dribbling on about forwards being greedy - so F***ing what , they score loads , they set up loads and we win - get to F**k with your constant negative sh*te
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #229: Aug 31, 2019 08:57:54 pm
      Good win today, perhaps Mane showing the desire to play for his team. Seemingly showing things are not all about money !

Quick Reply