Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

AdriĆ”n
      1 (1.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      4 (4.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      13 (14.6%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      20 (22.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      9 (10.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      38 (42.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Sep 04, 2019 07:29:54 pm

Burnley 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 91257 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Burnley 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Sep 01, 2019 06:43:51 am
      The "tis nothing" crowd ignores that Mane has a major issue with Salah's hero ball antics during odd man advantages ....hence his emotional unraveling today in the most public manner. We saw his built up frustration unleashed.
      Note: Though meaningless in the grand scheme, watch the post goal celebrations when Mo or Sadio score. The lack of eye contact....aka frostiness......by their counterpart is intriguing.....while the rest of the squad is jubilant.

On a different note.....VvD may be the greatest teammate in sports. They love the guy....the big cool brother

Not only is this pseudo intellect hilarious but itā€™s also completely unfounded and completely void of any truth
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #254: Sep 01, 2019 07:11:18 am
      Why hide from it though? A few have been talking about the greediness becoming silly and others have decided before today that its 'the media' putting it in our heads. I dont think Sadio has been watching the SSN on loop and fallen for it.

Is it f**k the media, twice he should have laid players in and I was watching on Bein sports. I dont speak Arabic but I know greedy play when I see it.

Sadio himself is no saint, sometimes the players take the wrong option. The Ox did it too today.

Salah though has been doing peoples heads in for a while. You can think yourself a smart arse and say we've fallen for a grand narrative or just use your instincts and call it for what it is.

As Shankly never once said, hes being avaricious.

Don't think it's fair targeting any player for being 'Avaricious' isn't that the whole f***in point?
      Salah's goal ratio cannot be argued with, if Mane or any other player has a issue with that then get with the programme and join the F**k in,
      Chucking your toys out and sulking helps no one,
      Sadio is, has been as 'Avaricious' as Mo in the not too distant past so I don't see how he can be pissed off,
      JĆ¼rgen laughed it off cos there's nothing to see here and we should do the same....

We're TOP of the League,  remain Unbeaten, have a New club record of a 13 match unbeaten run, and all is good if your a Red, absolutely no need for any Negativity whatsoever!!

YNWA
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #255: Sep 01, 2019 07:41:43 am
      Thought Gomez and Milner handled the whole "controversy" well in trying to calm Sadio down.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #256: Sep 01, 2019 07:55:11 am
      Was a cracking result at a tough place to play. You can never feel particularly comfortable at Burnley given the way they play so to win 3-0 was awesome. I would agree with Sean Dyche in that it probably flattered us slightly. I voted VVD for man of the match but it's also good to see Fabinho getting plenty of votes because he was excellent as well. You have to earn your right to win at their place and there is a strength and steely character about our side which has carried over from last season. I love the way we always match teams physically now and then let our quality show through. For so many years LFC was a bit soft in such games but not anymore. Hopefully we should have our goal keeper back after the international break and no doubt we will also see a few more of the squad players in action once the cup games kick in.

As for Sadio's little temper tantrum I'm not particularly worried. Salah has always been a greedy bugger but then he's been involved in and scored more goals than other player in the premier league since he got here so I can handle it. I actually liked seeing the passion boil over! 3-0 up and cruising and Mane is furious he didn't get his 2nd goal in the 85th minute! Great the way Milner moved himself to sit with Mane and try and calm him down and then you could see he had simmered down when Firmino reached over. We've got a top top team full of young talent and experienced leadership. It's F***ing brilliant!!!!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #257: Sep 01, 2019 08:20:23 am
      I fully understand Mane's reaction, Salah is fairly greedy and blinkered, he certainly receives more goal scoring opportunities than he gives.
      Klopp should have a chat with him about that because at the end of the day it is a team game and by passing to the player in the best position everyone benefits.
      In all seriousness this is the kind of thing that can quickly spiral out of control because if Mo is not passing to Bobby or Sadio then they'll stop passing to him and then the whole unit and team is weakened.

I trust Klopp to sort this out.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #258: Sep 01, 2019 08:44:54 am
      The "tis nothing" crowd ignores that Mane has a major issue with Salah's hero ball antics during odd man advantages ....hence his emotional unraveling today in the most public manner. We saw his built up frustration unleashed.
      Note: Though meaningless in the grand scheme, watch the post goal celebrations when Mo or Sadio score. The lack of eye contact....aka frostiness......by their counterpart is intriguing.....while the rest of the squad is jubilant.

On a different note.....VvD may be the greatest teammate in sports. They love the guy....the big cool brother

Did he tell you that ?

And unless you are a body language expert stop with all the bullshit eye contact crap - itā€™s just complete nonsense

Sometimes I think some of our own supposed fans are worse than the media for negative sh*te
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #259: Sep 01, 2019 09:35:44 am
      I fully understand Mane's reaction, Salah is fairly greedy and blinkered, he certainly receives more goal scoring opportunities than he gives.
      Klopp should have a chat with him about that because at the end of the day it is a team game and by passing to the player in the best position everyone benefits.
      In all seriousness this is the kind of thing that can quickly spiral out of control because if Mo is not passing to Bobby or Sadio then they'll stop passing to him and then the whole unit and team is weakened.

Look at Klopp's reaction, he was laughing.

Sadio is a hot head and always has been, ever watch those inside anfield videos? If he loses in training he's pissed, it's just competitive nature and that's all. He'll cool off and things will be absolutely fine.

Plus it did look to me like the defenders were predicting a pass and it would have been intercepted, that's why the dummy worked to start with
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #260: Sep 01, 2019 09:38:06 am
      Sadio`s got it of his chest and will feel the better for it ,imagine going into that dressing after it , Hendo,Virgil,Ox,Bobby,Trent and Robbo all at the wind up the chat would be hilarious to calm the we fella doon,, Mo and Sadio will be fine its done . these guys give a 110% and whether A doesnt pass to B, C doesnt follow the runner or D and E dont come out as they have worked on all week, sure players throw a wobbly Hendo was narking at Trent yesterday about where he put the ball for his run ending with a disgusted  "F**k me"
      We won another 3 points at a tough gig yesterday, we finally gained our first clean sheet,still top of the league the only side with maximum points, a new Liverpool wins on the bounce record to boot ,whats not to like.

Bobby MOTM for me  , gave Fab a big pat on the back just love this guy, Im sure Joel legs grow an extra 6 inches on match days hes 6`4 wi 5 ft legs  Virgil could have played with his bow tie on he was that cool,going in the right direction and getting better and better ,all we need now is 14 days in which Hendo`s ankle repairs quickly and  Alison and Naby get closer to full fitness .

Mon The Reds

YNWA   :kop5cf8koxp6:
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2019 10:20:30 am by Cad1875 »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #261: Sep 01, 2019 10:09:45 am
      Didn't Bruce have a similar problem with Beglin in the Cup Final against Everton.I think it was Beglin but I could be wrong.
      You're right Billy

"Shortly before Rushā€™s equaliser, Beglin had been involved in an angry spat with keeper Bruce Grobbelaar. Their bust-up has often been credited with sparking Liverpool into life"

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/30-years-liverpool-fc-winning-3374513
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #262: Sep 01, 2019 10:09:47 am
      How was the away end on Saturday? Good voice? Sounded like it from TV.

Unfortunately  I was sat opposite with the dingles 🙈 but yes they in great voice wish I could of been with them but beggars cant be choosers and loved it
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #263: Sep 01, 2019 10:16:59 am
      Though he wasn't exactly busy, I thought Adrian had his best game for us yesterday. Very solid performance; good with distribution and made a couple of decent saves.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #264: Sep 01, 2019 10:26:27 am
      You're right Billy

"Shortly before Rushā€™s equaliser, Beglin had been involved in an angry spat with keeper Bruce Grobbelaar. Their bust-up has often been credited with sparking Liverpool into life"

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/30-years-liverpool-fc-winning-3374513

From what I can recall Beglin looked terrified of Bruce at the time.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #265: Sep 01, 2019 11:28:36 am
      Think we played a lot better when we actually started moving the ball around properly instead of getting it and hoofing a long ball over the top constantly for the first 20 minutes.

We looked a bit sloppy in defence again, on another day theyā€™d have easily gotten a goal IMO but I think that was Adrianā€™s best performance for us so far, pulled off a couple of good saves and he looked a lot more composed. Maybe needed a few games to settle in after unexpectedly signing and being thrown straight into the action.

What a performance by Bobby again, some of his play this season has been boss and another really good finish from him.

The Mane strop thing is nothing, they are both greedy at times and as bad as each other but for some reason some people try and make out Salah is the worst. Salah has more assists and chances created in the last couple of years than anyone else for us. I remember Spurs last year Mane could have put Salah clean in on goal but tried to take on 2 defenders instead. The lack of assists he gets could highlight heā€™s just as greedy too. The important thing is, when players decide to be greedy, it isnā€™t costing us games so I have no worries about them two at all.

100% still, top of the league and building a good GD tally so far. 7 clear of the Mancs and Chavs, Spurs and/or Arsenal dropping points today. Get in!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #266: Sep 01, 2019 01:16:41 pm
      Good win, never really in trouble, which is very nice to see.

AdriƔn looks to be settling in, and made some good saves, no crazy dribbles, either safe passing or just hoofing.

VVD, deffo on drugs, just too damn calm.  :cool-smiley-027:

Burnley: Just feral as always.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #267: Sep 01, 2019 02:23:51 pm

Another post of utter hilarity from you. I don't think there is another player in the league who has scored goals that came out of nothing and have been as critical for our cause. Look at Salah's second against Arsenal - pure individual brilliance. That Chelsea goal back in April? That breakaway goal against Saints just a week or so before that one? The list goes on and on and on.

And yet here we are slagging the guy off because he didn't take the easy option of passing to Mane late on in a match we were winning 3-0 in. To say Mane overreacted would be an understatement but to see fans building it up as a serious problem is even more ridiculous. The mind boggles as to the stupidity of it all.

Some cu*ts aren't happy unless they are picking holes into something where there is nothing to pick at. Quite frankly, they can all F**k off.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #268: Sep 01, 2019 02:49:44 pm
      Always feels like a massive 3 points when you come away from Burnley with them and a few goals. They are a horrible team for someone like us to play against and itā€™s no wonder theyā€™ve caused us problems over the years with the shitty way they play. Theyā€™ve made a solid start to the season so could easily have been one of them games where we huff and puff. Slice of luck on the first goal and then a couple of clinical finishes after pouncing on their mistakes.
      I know we beat them twice last season but the first time we fell behind and the 2nd time we did too, conceding straight from a corner, made a meal of both games but this one was efficient and convincing despite us being far from our best.

The week break weā€™ve had between our last couple of games is just what we needed because before the Arsenal game we were looking slow, off the pace and nowhere near as sharp. Hopefully over the next 2 weeks we can avoid injuries and go up another gear.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #269: Sep 01, 2019 02:57:55 pm
      Another post of utter hilarity from you. I don't think there is another player in the league who has scored goals that came out of nothing and have been as critical for our cause. Look at Salah's second against Arsenal - pure individual brilliance. That Chelsea goal back in April? That breakaway goal against Saints just a week or so before that one? The list goes on and on and on.

And yet here we are slagging the guy off because he didn't take the easy option of passing to Mane late on in a match we were winning 3-0 in. To say Mane overreacted would be an understatement but to see fans building it up as a serious problem is even more ridiculous. The mind boggles as to the stupidity of it all.

For once they got it right on MOTD, discussing Mane kicking off about being subbed somebody commented that it was purely and simply the desire in the front three to score goals, for whatever reason that opportunity was taken from Mane and he was not best pleased.
      The manager said ''there is no problem and they are still friends''.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #270: Sep 01, 2019 05:22:23 pm
      FWIW, Mane looks as though he was a fraction offside if Salah had played him the ball.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #271: Sep 01, 2019 06:52:06 pm
      Did he tell you that ?

And unless you are a body language expert stop with all the bullshit eye contact crap - itā€™s just complete nonsense

Sometimes I think some of our own supposed fans are worse than the media for negative sh*te

Yes. Canā€™t you see all those messages are written all over his face? I read ā€œReal Madrid Iā€™m coming. Thatā€™s it Iā€™m leaving Liverpool.ā€ the moment he left the field.

Iā€™m not so smart. I could only pick one thing up. Those fans who are right up there could read into even more things.

Iā€™m so tempted to ask them all the exact score prediction for the subsequent matches and make a windfall out of it. We should respect these fans. They are very very smart fans. Way smarter than you and I. Iā€™ve Ā£100 to put in, but I need their guidance before going to the bookmakers. Because they can predict everything perfectly and donā€™t seem to be wrong every time.  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #272: Sep 01, 2019 08:51:24 pm
      Sadio was definitely waiting in the changies for Salah in full Black Panther mode!!

Easy win, shame Trent won't get his goal, good to see Adrian and the defence clicking well & getting the clean sheet.

The Geordies for a battering next.

Bit of a bummer yesterday TBH fancied us to score 3 and bet accordingly  had Trent first Goal Liverpool 3-0 had Ā£2 on it well over Ā£600 down the shunky ,also  had Sadio and Bobby anytime both 16/1  so Ā£68 softened the blow
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #273: Sep 01, 2019 09:21:59 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #274: Sep 01, 2019 10:07:55 pm

Don't think it's fair targeting any player for being 'Avaricious' isn't that the whole f***in point?
      Salah's goal ratio cannot be argued with, if Mane or any other player has a issue with that then get with the programme and join the F**k in,
      Chucking your toys out and sulking helps no one,
      Sadio is, has been as 'Avaricious' as Mo in the not too distant past so I don't see how he can be pissed off,
      JĆ¼rgen laughed it off cos there's nothing to see here and we should do the same....

We're TOP of the League,  remain Unbeaten, have a New club record of a 13 match unbeaten run, and all is good if your a Red, absolutely no need for any Negativity whatsoever!!

YNWA

You say avaricious I say bloody greedy.

Klopp handled it all well, that's the reason he is in full charge of the dressing room. I've seen the issue building for a while, its happened and like I've already said now it's happened hopefully a line will be drawn, lessons will be learnt, Mo will side in his team mates and we will be all the better for it.

If the pair of them pass to each other when the other is in a better position  then in the grand scheme of things they will both score and assist even further between them. I've never put any importance on golden boots and on who gets the goals, as long as we win I'm more than happy believe me.

Long term though there will be games this season we need everybody on the same page, at 3-0 it's all a bit of a side issue. At 1-0 or 0-0 I just hope (but I'm not convinced) that Mo lays it on a plate for the well onside Mane. And vice versa by the way. Sadios assist stat should be higher too.

Line drawn

ā€--ā€---------ā€--------

100 % start to the season going in to the international break. No easy task with the messy nature of pre season and the trip to Istanbul in the middle of it too. We are in the hunt once again for the big trophies with 1 already in the bag.

We are a very good team theres certainly no doubts about that. Van Dijk and Matips handling of Bully Barnes was great to see too.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #275: Sep 01, 2019 10:14:05 pm

Quick Reply