Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Adrián
      1 (1.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      4 (4.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      13 (14.6%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      20 (22.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      9 (10.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      38 (42.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Sep 04, 2019 07:29:54 pm

Burnley 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 91253 times
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Re: Burnley 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #276: Sep 01, 2019 11:21:01 pm
      Really good result, we're comfortably winning games at the moment :)
      4 out of 4, great start.

Bob is having a great start to the season, looks sharp, fit, touch is excellent, involved in so much of the play. So unselfish too ;)

Was Mo a bit selfish on the day - yes imho. Should've put Bob in that time to his right, but didn't see Bob throwing toys out though. Think Mane was also annoyed at being taken off by Jürgen, he's generally the one who gets pulled first, before Mo.
      Either way, storm in a teacup - they want to score goals, both want to get top scorer, showing a bit of passion just helps keep things bubbling.

Nice to go into the Intl break clear at the top :)
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #277: Sep 01, 2019 11:27:05 pm
      It's my first chance to post since the win....  15 from 5 and top of the league -- can't ask for much more. 

Regarding Mo and Sadio -- I'm of the opinion Mo has a tendency to be a bit selfish at times, but that's just part of it when you have an elite goal scorer.  He always believes he is going to put the ball in the net, and I for one don't want to take that away from him.  The good news is that we have a manager who will properly handle the situation.  If he thinks Mo is being selfish, then he'll have words with him.  If he thinks Sadio is being silly, then he'll have words with him.  If either of them don't take what the boss says to heart, then they'll find themselves watching from the sidelines.  It's nice to have full confidence that the gaffer will sort whatever small issue is going on at the moment 👍
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #278: Sep 02, 2019 09:48:27 am
      Get the F**k in. Made up that result. Always a difficult place to go but we looked like we could have scored 6................

if it wasn't for that greedy b***ard Mo!   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:couch:
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #279: Sep 02, 2019 11:55:06 am
      Get the f**k in. Made up that result. Always a difficult place to go but we looked like we could have scored 6................

if it wasn't for that greedy b***ard Mo!   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:couch:

I look darn gorgeous too, and the team is in bloody good shape...

If it wasn’t for some people’s (not referring to you) negative opinion... defining others especially the team, into who they aren’t.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #280: Sep 02, 2019 01:41:37 pm
      Great result to keep our unbeaten run going.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #281: Sep 02, 2019 01:52:37 pm
      Another post of utter hilarity from you. I don't think there is another player in the league who has scored goals that came out of nothing and have been as critical for our cause. Look at Salah's second against Arsenal - pure individual brilliance. That Chelsea goal back in April? That breakaway goal against Saints just a week or so before that one? The list goes on and on and on.

And yet here we are slagging the guy off because he didn't take the easy option of passing to Mane late on in a match we were winning 3-0 in. To say Mane overreacted would be an understatement but to see fans building it up as a serious problem is even more ridiculous. The mind boggles as to the stupidity of it all.

Some cu*ts aren't happy unless they are picking holes into something where there is nothing to pick at. Quite frankly, they can all f**k off.

I think Salah is a superb striker for us, as is Mane and Bobby, but in the game against Burnley he was selfish and on at least 2 occasions chose the wrong option.
      All I said was that it needs to nipped in the bud before any bad blood develops, not sure why that would get your knickers in a twist but you are so easily triggered arent you my little snowflake!
      redclocker
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42 posts |
      Reply #282: Sep 02, 2019 02:00:21 pm
      I think it quite positive that they were looking for perfection, even at three nil up away from home. Never going to be perfect but striving for it continually, not settling for second best, always wanting more and so on. Well managed not a problem, completely the opposite.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #283: Sep 02, 2019 02:18:30 pm
      It's my first chance to post since the win....  15 from 5 and top of the league -- can't ask for much more. 

Regarding Mo and Sadio -- I'm of the opinion Mo has a tendency to be a bit selfish at times, but that's just part of it when you have an elite goal scorer.  He always believes he is going to put the ball in the net, and I for one don't want to take that away from him.  The good news is that we have a manager who will properly handle the situation.  If he thinks Mo is being selfish, then he'll have words with him.  If he thinks Sadio is being silly, then he'll have words with him.  If either of them don't take what the boss says to heart, then they'll find themselves watching from the sidelines.  It's nice to have full confidence that the gaffer will sort whatever small issue is going on at the moment 👍

Are you posting from the future, if not then its a bit cocky to assume we've already beaten Newcastle and have 5 wins, although I would be pretty surprised if we don't, especially with Bruce in charge.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #284: Sep 02, 2019 03:48:35 pm
      Remember when people were worried about preseason?  :lmao: :lmao:
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #285: Sep 02, 2019 03:56:37 pm
      So good to see Antifootball Dyche and his Pub team battered.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #286: Sep 02, 2019 04:02:02 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #287: Sep 02, 2019 04:32:26 pm

Milly should get a new contract just for banter and being a top bloke
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #288: Sep 02, 2019 04:51:08 pm

Good banter, I like this sort of stuff. Our dressing room has a good culture of piss taking between them.

Thank F**k it's like that and not like beans beans United.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #289: Sep 03, 2019 11:29:26 am
      Good banter, I like this sort of stuff. Our dressing room has a good culture of piss taking between them.

Thank f**k it's like that and not like beans beans United.

100% agree, we have a really special team at the moment, players who want to play for each other, the club and of course us fans.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #290: Sep 03, 2019 03:35:50 pm
      Quote from Borg
      The "tis nothing" crowd ignores that Mane has a major issue with Salah's hero ball antics during odd man advantages ....hence his emotional unraveling today in the most public manner. We saw his built up frustration unleashed.
      Note: Though meaningless in the grand scheme, watch the post goal celebrations when Mo or Sadio score. The lack of eye contact....aka frostiness......by their counterpart is intriguing.....while the rest of the squad is jubilant.

Forget about it, like people forget already  about Aguero and Pep having it out in front of the cameras, a couple of weeks ago.

Salah is selfish. He's supposed to be selfish, he's not won the Golden Boot the past two years for scratching himself. Mane is also selfish. He wanted to score to put us 2-0 up in the derby 18 months ago, when two teammates had open goals instead. Forwards always want to be the one to put the ball in the net.

We should be talking, celebrating even, the fact that we've kept our first clean sheet, won 3-0, are top of the league, and have set a new winning record. But it's easier to chat about a nothingburger.

There's never a good time to go to Burnley, but August with a week long build up, is about as good as it gets. It's over, it's done with, we've come through it, we've scored in the first half there for the first time since the year dot, and we've won it the easy way for a change.

Mane and Salah are fine. Let's enjoy being top of the league, and look forward to the chance of a 5 point gap to City and 10 point gap to the mancs by the time they get to play again, in the reverse fixture of the last game of the season.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #291: Sep 03, 2019 03:36:55 pm

Is this a match thread or Tinder? :D
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #292: Sep 03, 2019 03:51:23 pm
      Did anyone noticed or was it only me that Matip is a yard or two faster this season? He has won many 50-50 tackles and made important clearances and that's a good thing. He used to be very slow and frustrating to watch but he is much faster nowadays, Alan Hansen mark II in the making. Looks to be playing with much confidence nowadays and positioning has also improved. very happy to see him doing well.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #293: Sep 03, 2019 04:07:06 pm
      Are you posting from the future, if not then its a bit cocky to assume we've already beaten Newcastle and have 5 wins

If posting from the future, please let us know the results of next round of PL games so can put a few bob on.

Fair play for being able to generate the 1.21 gigawatts needed btw
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #294: Sep 03, 2019 04:08:35 pm
      Milly should get a new contract just for banter and being a top bloke

Got a giggle from that alright, plus nice way to diffuse any tension, if there really was any in the first place
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #295: Sep 03, 2019 07:01:59 pm
      Hope after this game, we see a bag full of goals from this wonderful trio of competitive strikers. After all they are only warming up !
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #296: Sep 03, 2019 11:18:06 pm
      After i retired as a Professional Liverpool FC Body Language Expert™️ I started a new career as a professional Lip Reader, and I can tell you from the video Sadio shouted to the bench the following:

"He never want to pass it, why he always doing this?" while pointing towards Hendo
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #297: Sep 04, 2019 06:57:35 am
      Did anyone noticed or was it only me that Matip is a yard or two faster this season? He has won many 50-50 tackles and made important clearances and that's a good thing. He used to be very slow and frustrating to watch but he is much faster nowadays, Alan Hansen mark II in the making. Looks to be playing with much confidence nowadays and positioning has also improved. very happy to see him doing well.

Definitely looker sharp to start the new season, I think it is all down to him staying injury free and obviously we're seeing the benefit of that now as he performs to his potential. Given he was a free transfer it is looking more and more like yet another Klopp masterstroke!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #298: Sep 04, 2019 08:35:02 am
      After i retired as a Professional Liverpool FC Body Language Expert™️ I started a new career as a professional Lip Reader, and I can tell you from the video Sadio shouted to the bench the following:

"He never want to pass it, why he always doing this?" while pointing towards Hendo

I thought he was pissed that he missed the first few steps of Bobbys celebration so he can't do it next time he scores.

Quick Reply