Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

FIFA Club World Cup 2019

Read 33864 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: FIFA Club World Cup 2019
      Reply #138: Dec 12, 2019 03:37:59 pm
      8 out of 19 or 20 get in and Monterrey finished 8th so they just got into the playoffs. Mexican league is decent enough quality but not at level of top European league. I would think we field are second string side we should see them out if we meet them.

Something like this in the context of the games before and after. I've probably done the same, but we probably shouldn't call it "second string" - these guys are GOOD.

Alisson, Milner, Gomez, Lovren, Robbo, Lallana, Keita, AOC, Divock, Bobby, Shaqiri
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #139: Dec 12, 2019 04:00:46 pm
      The closer this gets, the more I’m looking forward to it. Obviously the fact we’ve not won it before is a big part of that, but it’s also because the final in 2005 has left a sour mark on our history in the competition IMO. We were completely cheated out of the game vs São Paulo with them 3 disallowed goals.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #140: Dec 14, 2019 05:50:27 pm
      The closer this gets, the more I’m looking forward to it. Obviously the fact we’ve not won it before is a big part of that, but it’s also because the final in 2005 has left a sour mark on our history in the competition IMO. We were completely cheated out of the game vs São Paulo with them 3 disallowed goals.

Watching Al-Sadd vs. Monterrey just now.  The Monterrey players seem better w the ball at their feet and Al-Sadd are more athletic, but neither seem close to our level.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #141: Dec 14, 2019 08:31:14 pm
      Watching Al-Sadd vs. Monterrey just now.  The Monterrey players seem better w the ball at their feet and Al-Sadd are more athletic, but neither seem close to our level.

Think I read earlier all the games are being played on the same pitch?! Shocking if that’s true, the pitch is going to get bad and be a higher chance of injuries. Seems like it’s been badly organised this year.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #142: Dec 14, 2019 08:48:21 pm
      Think I read earlier all the games are being played on the same pitch?! Shocking if that’s true, the pitch is going to get bad and be a higher chance of injuries. Seems like it’s been badly organised this year.

It was Klopp saying that about all the games being in the same place from here on and the forecast being for rain.

I guess that is due to the stadium we were originally set for not getting its permits in time. There are four stadiums in or near Doha scheduled to be used at The 2022 World Cup, but three of them are under construction or renovation. The early-round matches including today's, were at a stadium with a 12,000 seating capacity. The one for the remaining matches seats 45,000,

So as you say, the semifinals, consolation final and main final are all being played at the same ground. Klopp has to be concerned with injuries from the pitch the same as you and the rest of us. I won't even get started at what kind of crap show the World Cup might be in a few years, but my concern is our team in the  middle of a potentially historic season.

I was/am fired up for winning this trophy but now I have to wonder if it is going to be worth it (clearly not if it jeopardizes our Premier League or Champions League campaign). I guess it all depends on what the next few days show us.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #143: Dec 14, 2019 08:57:03 pm
      It was Klopp saying that about all the games being in the same place from here on and the forecast being for rain.

I guess that is due to the stadium we were originally set for not getting its permits in time. There are four stadiums in or near Doha scheduled to be used at The 2022 World Cup, but three of them are under construction or renovation. The early-round matches including today's, were at a stadium with a 12,000 seating capacity. The one for the remaining matches seats 45,000,

So as you say, the semifinals, consolation final and main final are all being played at the same ground. Klopp has to be concerned with injuries from the pitch the same as you and the rest of us. I won't even get started at what kind of crap show the World Cup might be in a few years, but my concern is our team in the  middle of a potentially historic season.

I was/am fired up for winning this trophy but now I have to wonder if it is going to be worth it (clearly not if it jeopardizes our Premier League or Champions League campaign). I guess it all depends on what the next few days show us.

Not that concerned. 2 games and then a few days to boxing day
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #144: Dec 14, 2019 09:03:28 pm
      Not that concerned. 2 games and then a few days to boxing day

Not the schedule that has my attention, but the potential issues with the pitch safety from overuse and bad weather.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #145: Dec 14, 2019 09:12:06 pm
      Not the schedule that has my attention, but the potential issues with the pitch safety from overuse and bad weather.

Think pitch will be fine. Don't think Qatar need much more bad publicity. Mind you the fact that they are holding any major tournaments at all set alarm bells ringing.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #146: Dec 14, 2019 09:21:21 pm
      what a joke, still would like us to be so called 'world champions', but at what cost ?, if players get injured, because they have to play in these not recognised games, who is the only one that gets anything from this;  FIFA/EUFA. Total Wankers
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2019 09:58:15 pm by redtiler »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #147: Dec 14, 2019 09:31:40 pm
      Despite having a top class squad, cannot afford any injuries in a competition, mainly to boost the finances of the clubs. With no real thought for the genuine fans, who's main desire is to win the Premiership title which is long overdue.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #148: Dec 14, 2019 10:01:27 pm
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #149: Dec 14, 2019 10:17:20 pm
      what a joke, still would like us to be so called 'world champions', but at what cost ?, if players get injured, because they have to play in these not recognised games, who is the only one that gets anything from this;  FIFA/EUFA. Total Wankers

what are you on about this has been running since 1960, over the years it has had 2 to 3 name changes and formats
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #150: Dec 14, 2019 10:27:19 pm
      dunno about you, but everthing looks a bit suss to me, teams winning and as far as I see, the winner has already got their name on the trophy.
      Hopefully the reds, but they are so, so corrupt, regardless,
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #151: Dec 14, 2019 10:32:08 pm
      what are you on about this has been running since 1960, over the years it has had 2 to 3 name changes and formats

who takes notice apart from the teams concerned?, it is another trophy, so good, but what credibility do you get from this?
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2019 10:37:33 pm by redtiler »
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #152: Dec 14, 2019 10:37:51 pm
      who takes notice apart from the teams concerned?, it is another trophy, so good, but what credibility do you get from this?

verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #153: Dec 14, 2019 11:48:53 pm
      to many little Englanders on this forum
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #154: Dec 15, 2019 02:09:46 pm
      who takes notice apart from the teams concerned?

All the teams that won their Federations equivalent of the Champions League.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #155: Dec 15, 2019 03:21:04 pm
      Mustn't get any more injuries but hopefully it's only 2 games
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #156: Dec 15, 2019 03:44:11 pm

Stop being a kunt and embrace it ffs, it's a trophy we have never won, it will also make us officially the best club side this side of the Milky f***in way,

Honestly some of you need to give your heads a wobble....it's a elitist club is the WCC...hence not many others being interested aside from those competing.  DOH !!

YNWA
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #157: Dec 15, 2019 07:57:18 pm

Stop being a kunt and embrace it ffs, it's a trophy we have never won, it will also make us officially the best club side this side of the Milky f***in way,

Honestly some of you need to give your heads a wobble....it's a elitist club is the WCC...hence not many others being interested aside from those competing.  DOH !!
      fkin calm down Billy, I would love us as world club champs, but it has added more games to a side that will have played two seasons at full pelt. I would want LFC to win it all, but look at the performance yesterday, ok we came away with 3, but we looked jaded.  That is my concern

YNWA

« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2019 08:03:28 pm by redtiler »
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #158: Dec 17, 2019 05:23:31 pm
      My listings for that channel say college basketball, so I think this means "Somewhere" in the Fox family of channels. It shows me the final on Fox Sports 1 at 5 pm. EST (which would obviously be a replay). So who knows, but it does seem like we'll be able to watch it somewhere live.

Yeah all the tv guides are listing kansas v villanova,i'm hoping they are just a bit slow at updating.Especially in Boston we are bigger than any of the college teams!Hope for an update after the semi-finals are sorted.Don't want to have to find a bar with spanish fox.Flamengo about to go.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #159: Dec 17, 2019 05:42:56 pm

If we win it then everybody in my work will take notice when I am it down their throats for the next week!

European and World Club Champions  :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #160: Dec 17, 2019 05:51:55 pm
      Still early but Flamengo are being outplayed easily. Al-Hilal look like a proper team. 

0-1 but should be 0-2 after a shocking miss earlier.

Quick Reply