Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs Newcastle Utd: Sat 14 Sept, K.O. 12:30

Read 11391 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool vs Newcastle Utd: Sat 14 Sept, K.O. 12:30
      Sep 09, 2019 09:26:42 pm
      Fingers crossed as our players complete their international commitments. with Napoli to follow midweek there will be some thought of squad rotation. You have Robbo going a 2nd 90 for Scotland tonight, along with Virgil and Gini for Holland. Also wonder about the English players tomorrow .

I expect no more than two changes and maybe none. I also expect us to win. Mainly just glad we are back to Liverpool football.
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2019 11:35:20 pm by Robby The Z »
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Pre-Match: Newcastle v Liverpool; Saturday 14 September
      Reply #1: Sep 09, 2019 09:41:29 pm
      Fookin international breaks suck! although they are little easier to bare when your sitting on top of the league with maximum points :-)

As for the game, I think we might see a little bit of rotation but I think it will mostly be in the midfield and perhaps Gomez and Matip will split games. I think the rest of them will be the same for both matches.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs Newcastle Utd: Sat 14 Sept, K.O. 12:30
      Reply #2: Sep 09, 2019 11:38:50 pm
      I hate these international breaks and as I have stated before it's about time the clubs took back control of the players.It should be up to the club if they want to release a player for international duty (like it used to be).
       Back to Newcastle I think we will start seeing some rotation of players  but whatever squad we play expect us to win comfortably.GO THE REDS.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3: Sep 10, 2019 12:31:13 am
      I hate these international breaks and as I have stated before it's about time the clubs took back control of the players.It should be up to the club if they want to release a player for international duty (like it used to be).
       Back to Newcastle I think we will start seeing some rotation of players  but whatever squad we play expect us to win comfortably.GO THE REDS.

Brazil plays late Wednesday night UK time. Bobby played most of the game on Thursday so if he plays again he may be a strong candidate to be left out Saturday morning. The Brazil game is a friendly so they really should leave him out for the Wednesday game but I doubt they will. Fabinho might play in that as well.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #4: Sep 10, 2019 09:00:50 am
      A win by a minimum of two clear goals, the way our strikers are performing. It could well end up 3 1, or more for the Red men.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5: Sep 10, 2019 09:01:52 am
      I hate these international breaks and as I have stated before it's about time the clubs took back control of the players.

I'm not sure I'd go that far but there is definitely a case against having international friendlies within the season.

Qualifiers I can just about get through with gritted teeth but the only time countries should be playing friendlies is in the immediate build up to a tournament or if they do not qualify for a major tournament.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #6: Sep 10, 2019 09:19:24 am
      Let’s not underestimate Newcastle - look what they did to spurs in their own back yard.

An early goal will be vital.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7: Sep 10, 2019 09:21:47 am
      I'm not sure I'd go that far but there is definitely a case against having international friendlies within the season.

Qualifiers I can just about get through with gritted teeth but the only time countries should be playing friendlies is in the immediate build up to a tournament or if they do not qualify for a major tournament.

I was just stating how it used to be JD,and from the clubs having total control we had the situation of the clubs having to produce a medical certificate to say a player was not fit for international duty.Needless to say clubs used the medical certificate situation to their advantage and who could blame them.I might add we had nowhere near the number of internationals then that we have today.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #8: Sep 10, 2019 09:43:30 am

Can you imagine a club refusing a player to play for his country, would be one hell of a brave decision if the player was fully fit, the backlash would be enormous.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #9: Sep 10, 2019 09:45:27 am
      Let’s not underestimate Newcastle - look what they did to spurs in their own back yard.

An early goal will be vital.

Never under estimate anyone but Newcastle at Anfield, have they ever beaten us or even drawn? If we don't win by a fairly comfortable margin then I'll be a bit disappointed.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #10: Sep 10, 2019 09:52:18 am
      Can you imagine a club refusing a player to play for his country, would be one hell of a brave decision if the player was fully fit, the backlash would be enormous.

The way clubs used to look at it was the club paid the players wages so they had the say about releasing the player for international duty.
      Anyway back to the important matter of Newcastle it looks like we will have some jet lagged players so the squad system will be well and truly used this weekend.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #11: Sep 10, 2019 09:56:22 am
      Early kick off after the International break can be tricky. But we are at home.

They will sit in and look to frustrate us so patience will be key.

Same team as Burnley.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #12: Sep 10, 2019 10:40:10 am
      Just maul the fuckers..

5-0
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #13: Sep 10, 2019 01:46:26 pm
      Usually a comfortable win, this. 

Can see us keeping a clean sheet here, but these made life very difficult for Spurs.  Well organised in defence, with 5 at the back & 3-4 in front of the back 5 every time Spurs got into the final 3rd, so could be difficult to break down.

An early goal opens them up, but could be a frustrating game until that first goal.

Expect us to get that goal late in the first half, wrapping it up with a couple in the second for 3-0 win.

COYR!!!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #14: Sep 10, 2019 04:40:17 pm
      Didn't watch Newcastle beating Spurs so can't comment whether Newcastle did well or Spurs did sh*te.

Think we'll have way too much for them but this has clearly been a tricky game for us down the years even with our current impressive squad.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #15: Sep 10, 2019 04:51:41 pm
      After an international break I'll take any victory we can manage. Get this one out of the way and then we are really in to the season with some tough fixtures ahead of us.

Get ourselves 3-0 up at half time though and begin the Steve Bruce big fat head chants, I'll be happy ;D.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #16: Sep 10, 2019 05:24:43 pm
      After an international break I'll take any victory we can manage. Get this one out of the way and then we are really in to the season with some tough fixtures ahead of us.

Get ourselves 3-0 up at half time though and begin the Steve Bruce big fat head chants, I'll be happy ;D.

Met Bruce boy & his family in Brum, genuine nice family..

Still got a big fat head.. 😂
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #17: Sep 10, 2019 07:39:01 pm
      Didn't watch Newcastle beating Spurs so can't comment whether Newcastle did well or Spurs did sh*te.

Think we'll have way too much for them but this has clearly been a tricky game for us down the years even with our current impressive squad.

Bruce reverted back to Rafa’s tight tactics and it worked a treat. Newcastle played well and if the game went on for another 3 hours Spurs still wouldn’t have scored
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #18: Sep 10, 2019 07:54:19 pm
      Our home match against Newcastle last season (Boxing Day) was one of our best displays of the whole season. 90 minutes of perfection.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19: Sep 10, 2019 08:45:19 pm
      Trent will be on 3 1/2 days recovery and Robbo 4 1/2. We'll see.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #20: Sep 10, 2019 08:51:54 pm
      Think Bobby and possibly  Hendo may miss this
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #21: Sep 10, 2019 09:44:22 pm
      When they had Rafa you could see how it could be a potential banana skin game but Steve Bruce?! Anything other than 3 points would be a complete and utter disaster.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #22: Sep 10, 2019 11:06:16 pm
      Official site had a video of training from yesterday, 10 U23 players and 6 senior squad. Mo and Sadio were next to each other in line but the video did not feature them in a tearful embrace of reconciliation.  ;D Actually I didn't even see any eye contact. Awkward!!! :-)

But they can go home and make voodoo dolls of each other for all I care - just so they keep banging in goals!

Quick Reply