Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs Newcastle Utd: Sat 14 Sept, K.O. 12:30

Read 11396 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs Newcastle Utd: Sat 14 Sept, K.O. 12:30
      Reply #23: Sep 10, 2019 11:42:44 pm
      The two top threads on The Kop are to do with two complete tw*ts I loathe and detest.

One is Owen.

The other is Steve Bruce.

I'll never forget his bragging and repeating how "we rolled the mighty Liverpool over" when we lost a game to Hull a few years back.
      An arrogant b***ard.

With apologies to the poor Geordies who have to put up with this sh*t every year .

5-0 

If he plays his 3-5-2  like Spurs  ...... he forgets Andy and Trent can get round the back.
      We'll unlock them.

Bruce = B***ard.

Win Rate ....... 38.4% .
      « Last Edit: Sep 10, 2019 11:50:55 pm by MIRO »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Sep 11, 2019 12:21:14 am
      Adrian

Trent
      Matip
      VVD
      Robbo

Henderson
      Milner
      Wijnaldum

Mane
      Salah
      Origi

Brazilian boys still yet to play in a couple hours. Reckon this is the one they should sit out with Napoli midweek.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25: Sep 11, 2019 12:25:40 am
      Adrian

Trent
      Matip
      VVD
      Robbo

Henderson
      Milner
      Wijnaldum

Mane
      Salah
      Origi

Brazilian boys still yet to play in a couple hours. Reckon this is the one they should sit out with Napoli midweek.

I get it about the Brazilians, but Henderson and Trent must be in some question as well. Could definitely see Gomez at right back and a midfield three of Milner, Ox and Gini - but then Gini played two matches as well....hmmm. Maybe Gini and Hendo split this match at #6. Maybe Lallana could feature. Or maybe Klopp names an unchanged team.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #26: Sep 11, 2019 12:58:29 am
      Time to get back to business , international break or not we should have too much for these , time to put another block of games together , we at the summit let’s enjoy the ride .
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #27: Sep 11, 2019 03:00:58 am
      Looking forward to seeing Liverpool back in action and the games will be coming in fast with 7 matches in next three weeks so should get to see a few of the squad players get minutes and show if they are up for it.

As for this game it is nice to have Mane and Salah rested and I would have to think manager will consider player who were out on international duty plus two tough away matches vs Napoli and Chelsea coming up so might need likes of Milner, Ox and Shaqiri  to step up.

I would think line-up will be

---------------Adrian----------------
      TAA------Matip----VvD------Robbo
      ----Milner-----Gini-----Ox----------
      ----Salah------Origi---------Mane-

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Fabinho, Hendo, Lallana, Shaqiri, Firmino
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2019 03:32:48 am by adammac »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #28: Sep 11, 2019 07:47:16 am
      See Bobby played another 60 mins and Fabinho got 30 . Tricky one with the travel etc . Whatever side selected should be enough to win and whatever type of win will do just get the 3 pts
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #29: Sep 11, 2019 10:32:15 am
      Can defo see Klopp starting with guys like Milner & Shaq, talk on LFCTV that he might even play milner at LB to give robbo a much needed rest.

Mane & Salah will be right up for this, they have had a mini break and good training sessions while the rest have been away with countries.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #30: Sep 11, 2019 11:04:18 am
      Can defo see Klopp starting with guys like Milner & Shaq, talk on LFCTV that he might even play milner at LB to give robbo a much needed rest.

Mane & Salah will be right up for this, they have had a mini break and good training sessions while the rest have been away with countries.

Would love to see Milner get a start
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31: Sep 11, 2019 11:30:36 am
      The way clubs used to look at it was the club paid the players wages so they had the say about releasing the player for international duty.
      Anyway back to the important matter of Newcastle it looks like we will have some jet lagged players so the squad system will be well and truly used this weekend.

I was referring more to if they could do it now with all the player power, social media etc.  I agree about the rotation for this match but we should have more than enough quality for Newcastle who I presume will also have a jet lagged striker.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #32: Sep 11, 2019 11:40:15 am
      Adrian

Trent
      Matip
      VVD
      Robbo

Henderson
      Milner
      Wijnaldum

Mane
      Salah
      Origi

Don't like that Midfield Hendo and Milner does not work, we know that. I'd play Hendo, Gini and Lallana or Shaq, we need to be positive in this game.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #33: Sep 11, 2019 01:52:55 pm
      Another 3 points as we’re too good for this lot. I reckon we’ll kick off where we left off and steamroll them.

4-0  8)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Sep 11, 2019 01:58:53 pm
      Another 3 points as we’re too good for this lot. I reckon we’ll kick off where we left off and steamroll them.

4-0  8)

I checked back and in the last 12 seasons we've only drawn with them twice, the rest have all been comfortable wins, I expect the same on Saturday, a comfortably 3-0 win.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #35: Sep 11, 2019 02:36:01 pm
      I checked back and in the last 12 seasons we've only drawn with them twice, the rest have all been comfortable wins, I expect the same on Saturday, a comfortably 3-0 win.

Well let's hope nothing changes then mate.

Like you say, it will hopefully be comfortable and then Jürgen can think about making some early subs.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36: Sep 11, 2019 02:53:25 pm

He might rest a forward, but it would be Origi to come in, not Shaqiri.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #37: Sep 11, 2019 03:21:16 pm
      He might rest a forward, but it would be Origi to come in, not Shaqiri.

Shaq stayed behind on international week so as too push his chances of a start, showed great commitment. I really think Klopp will reward him with a start.

Origi has been away with Belgium, but not played much, so he might start too.

Firmino, Gini & hendo to be rested maybe.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38: Sep 11, 2019 06:02:14 pm
      3 points, smash the cu*ts.
      cragglew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #39: Sep 11, 2019 08:14:27 pm
      Nice easy win i think. 3-0. Hope i am right with the clean sheet part.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: Sep 11, 2019 10:48:22 pm
      Shaq stayed behind on international week so as too push his chances of a start, showed great commitment. I really think Klopp will reward him with a start.

I guess we'll find out. Mane and Salah both start of course and I still think Divock is ahead of Shaq in the reckoning for selection.  I noticed Fabinho only played 30 minutes total in the two matches so he should be OK to play which is a big plus. I'm guessing it will  be Milner and Ox with him in midfield.  Both fullback slots will be interesting calls.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #41: Sep 11, 2019 11:05:41 pm
      Both fullback slots will be interesting calls.

Will it? Trent only played the 1 game so for him it's not much different to any other midweek game.

Don't think there is cause for such concern over who will or wont be starting at this stage, we are 4 games into the new season with a week break in between our last couple of games. Maybe around March time if there is International games then I can understand there being issues and question marks over who plays but not this early into the season. I'd be very surprised if it's any different to our usual line ups. Think the only question mark is over who will play in midfield along with Fab, but that's no different to any other game. That said, I expect Milner will start as I can't really see him playing much/if any of the Chelsea and Napoli games that follow, going by his poor early season form.

My guess would be Fab, Milner and Gini. Gini will be on a high and full of confidence after his recent goal scoring exploits for Holland.

People tend to read too much into what our line up will be after an international break but it rarely differs to any other game.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #42: Sep 11, 2019 11:47:33 pm
      I still say 5 - 0.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43: Sep 12, 2019 03:11:58 am
      Will it? Trent only played the 1 game so for him it's not much different to any other midweek game.

Don't think there is cause for such concern over who will or wont be starting at this stage, we are 4 games into the new season with a week break in between our last couple of games. Maybe around March time if there is International games then I can understand there being issues and question marks over who plays but not this early into the season. I'd be very surprised if it's any different to our usual line ups. Think the only question mark is over who will play in midfield along with Fab, but that's no different to any other game. That said, I expect Milner will start as I can't really see him playing much/if any of the Chelsea and Napoli games that follow, going by his poor early season form.

My guess would be Fab, Milner and Gini. Gini will be on a high and full of confidence after his recent goal scoring exploits for Holland.

People tend to read too much into what our line up will be after an international break but it rarely differs to any other game.

You make a good point about Trent, but I expect at least three changes.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44: Sep 12, 2019 05:30:10 am

That was the original thought on Shaq but since then its come out that it was because he didnt get the captaincy and has kicked off about it.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #45: Sep 13, 2019 12:41:00 am
      Wouldn't be a bad idea if Shag or Lallana got a start or even Origi. Looks like players have come back free from new injuries. At the same time we can't take 3 points for granted.Boss might think we need to be sure we keep the great start going and elect to play his strongest starting 11.

3 or 4-0..something like that..

Quick Reply