Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Newcastle?

Adrián
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (0.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      4 (3.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      20 (18.7%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      78 (72.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Sep 18, 2019 02:22:30 pm

Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18645 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #184: Sep 14, 2019 07:06:36 pm
      Bobby Firmino.
      Take a bow lad.

The Brazilian Dalglish.

Possibly the most technically gifted forward in the Prem.Might not have made an impact 10-12 years ago. Now the game allows forwards to play much more. Brazillians footballer are renowed for their technical skill and trickery.Also the Barcelona factor has influenced the game.

My only concern is that when Booby is a bit fatigued the sharpness is dulled slightly. Has to be managed time wise. We play so many games this is a worry for these gifted players.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #185: Sep 14, 2019 07:08:17 pm
      Voted Firmino MOTM

Terrific today, came on and made a huge difference
      cragglew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #186: Sep 14, 2019 07:27:06 pm
      Firmino was brilliant. I have voted Mane as motm. He is my fave after all. There was some really skilful stuff played today. Newcastle were better than i thought they would be tbh. I am really,really confident we will be Champions this time and we so look like it in how we play.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #187: Sep 14, 2019 07:32:28 pm
      He really has been different class this season Bobby. Been voted man of the match by us LFC reds for 3 of the first 5 PL games.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #188: Sep 14, 2019 07:34:36 pm
      Some beautiful goals and 5 points clear. I wish we could be this good forever!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #189: Sep 14, 2019 07:35:48 pm
      Humpty Dumpty City has fallrn off the wall at Norwich. Hahaha.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #190: Sep 14, 2019 08:03:31 pm
      England handling VAR about as well as they are handling Brexit. Good grief why even have it.

As for the game, amazing that as well as Mane played, Firmino completely bossed the game when he came on and was deservedly motm.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #191: Sep 14, 2019 09:21:18 pm
      Watching the 90-second highlights, am reminded Sadio might have had three chances for his hat trick, when Trent and then Robbo drove to the byline inside the 6, and opted to shoot rather than square to him, then the third when the ball caromed to Trent and he shot when Sadio looked like an option (none of these were really bad decisions). Then you had the disallowed goal when Bobby was offside.

Sadio's work off the ball is  so vital for us - and oh yeah - the goals help too.

I had him as my MOTM although I totally get the love for Bobby, who also was great again.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #192: Sep 14, 2019 09:38:28 pm
      A good result and another 3 points in the bag.I made Bobby M.O.M. we really clicked when he came on.It was good to see city drop 3 points and our squad is looking better week by week and they are all playing for each other-(no discord there).Well done Jurgens REDS.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #193: Sep 14, 2019 10:55:24 pm
      I know they scored but I don’t actually think they caused us more than 1 other problem and that was when Ox got skinned in the 2nd half. Even their goal was lucky as anything, 99.9% of the time, that player isn’t hitting the net!

Also, loved the way Klopp celebrated the first goal, looked like he was aiming it at fat head. I know he probably wasn’t but just how it looked on the camera angle.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #194: Sep 14, 2019 11:30:14 pm
      our crosses where pretty poo, so it took the flicks of Bobby, and the understanding of Mo to open them up
      I dont think anyone can defend that
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #195: Sep 14, 2019 11:53:41 pm
      I know they scored but I don’t actually think they caused us more than 1 other problem and that was when Ox got skinned in the 2nd half. Even their goal was lucky as anything, 99.9% of the time, that player isn’t hitting the net!

Also, loved the way Klopp celebrated the first goal, looked like he was aiming it at fat head. I know he probably wasn’t but just how it looked on the camera angle.

Heh. I think it was meant for the 4th official and the referees as a group as it came a bit after the nailed on penalty that wasn't given. Noticed Pep was doing the same thing.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #196: Sep 15, 2019 12:21:54 am
      Heh. I think it was meant for the 4th official and the referees as a group as it came a bit after the nailed on penalty that wasn't given. Noticed Pep was doing the same thing.

Why would Pep be doing it, what did they have go against them?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #197: Sep 15, 2019 02:05:22 am
      Get the F**k in...another 3 points and now 33 to go.

Although I was annoyed at conceding that goal, I just knew we would come back and win. We don't panic, we know who we have on the pitch and what they can do at any given time. So I sat back, watched and knew it was in the bag as soon as Sadio equalized.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #198: Sep 15, 2019 02:32:13 am
      Why would Pep be doing it, what did they have go against them?

Heh. Meant Pep Ljinders.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #199: Sep 15, 2019 07:38:51 am
      Thought we were excellent again without getting out of 4th gear, Toon were better than usual but still didn't really bother us much,  yes they got their goal but practically did F**k all after,

Still think we would have won had Origi stayed on, but what a impact Bobby had, we seem to come more alive when Bobby arrives , we are definitely a different animal,  and dare I say a more complete balanced unit where everyone gels, machine like with three components welded together,
      Bobby, Salah & Mane , the perfect attacking trio, complemented each other, two not the same without the other, work for each other, and all track back when needed, 
      They are welded to a midfield with differing combinations but all with the same ethos and can attack or defend in a instance, Fabinho is key, the Breaker, I like to call him, he breaks up everything right across the back 4, can pass and set up counter attacks with ease,
      Welded to a back 5 with Van Dijk as the commander in chief, disciplined,  organised , tremendously fast and strong,
      There isn't many clubs in Europe that are a match for us imo, and we are not the finished article either,

Yesterday seen us extend our run to 14, 5 games in, 5 games won, maximum points gained,  City 5 points adrift and already under pressure I dunno about you guys but this is our year, I can feel it,  it's early yet I know but, we look like champions we have that aura about us, that winning mentality and a feeling that we won't be beaten,  no matter who we play, yet, we're  still not at our best.

YNWA
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #200: Sep 15, 2019 10:21:34 am
      It’s just a hell of a feeling going one down , and not having to think we’re in the sh*t , going one down now doesn’t phase us we just ramp it up and turn it on , Mane is on fire 🔥, but the real glue in that team is that beaming smiling Brazilian , what a talent that boy is , I don’t think we have played anywhere near our potential but here we are at the summit , keep it up you red machines.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #201: Sep 15, 2019 10:42:00 am
      It’s just a hell of a feeling going one down , and not having to think we’re in the sh*t , going one down now doesn’t phase us we just ramp it up and turn it on , Mane is on fire 🔥, but the real glue in that team is that beaming smiling Brazilian , what a talent that boy is , I don’t think we have played anywhere near our potential but here we are at the summit , keep it up you red machines.

Only way to go Andy,good post.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #202: Sep 15, 2019 02:13:11 pm
      If you're offended by Anglo-Saxon terminology give this a miss, if not, enjoy.

https://twitter.com/rossic89/status/1173172498252345346?s=19
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #203: Sep 15, 2019 03:07:57 pm
      What a result, both Mane and Salah were alright :) Firmino is on his form of his life.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #204: Sep 15, 2019 03:55:32 pm
      What a result, both Mane and Salah were alright :) Firmino is on his form of his life.

My god is he. I said from the first game he seemed to have turned it up a notch this year; he's playing like an opposite-end Van Dijk: looks like he came down from a higher league
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #205: Sep 15, 2019 04:06:04 pm
      It was a good performance, going a goal down so early didn't rattle us we kept going along and Mane took his chance so well. Firmino continues his great form early on in the season, that first touch and flick plays he does has been on point from the start of the season. Felt like we should of been up 5-1 after not converting so many chances we created early in the second half. Gini would of had a peach of goal if was little lower and TAA should of had at least one goal but keeper made some nice saves.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #206: Sep 16, 2019 10:26:58 am
      Get in, another great win. Origi was doing ok, but when Bobbi came on, we just clicked into top gear.

Superb.

Quick Reply